Cyberpunk 2077 release date song

+
I know its not techinical but I had to ask

Can anyone please tell me the name of this song

I would apperciate it :(

I imagine its highly likely to be of the original music pieces that is being made exclusively for this game. Just a guess, but an educated one.

I imagine its highly likely to be of the original music pieces that is being made exclusively for this game. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Agreed, this is the track from the cinematic trailer and it's the same style and - most likely same author, Marcin Przybyłowicz:

Agreed, this is the track from the cinematic trailer and it's the same style and - most likely same author, Marcin Przybyłowicz:

They weren't kidding when they said once that they wanted music that sounds like it was made in the year 2077. That is completely unlike anything I've heard before. Reminds me of Bladerunner 2049's interesting futuristic/horror-like soundtrack.

They weren't kidding when they said once that they wanted music that sounds like it was made in the year 2077. That is completely unlike anything I've heard before. Reminds me of Bladerunner 2049's interesting futuristic/horror-like soundtrack.

I have to say I'm impressed by Przybyłowicz's adaptation to the new style, coming from Slavic medieval fantasy themes.

Oh, I'm exactly in the middle of re-listening my collection of the electronic music. There are lots of sounds that are very similar to this one. I can try and supply the names if you want to, but listening to the music is not a fast process, so it'll take time.

On a side note, if I'd go for 2077 sound, I'd hire QBert and ask him to do something... different from his usual motifs. Something more... action-packed and a bit less hip-hop. That would've sound truly unlike anything we have around, because - honestly - nothing sounds as weird as turntablism: the genre have been born in the underground and never went big, plus QBert is the master of the alien sounds.

Also, Mixmaster Mike.

But I think DJ Shadow would be more suitable overall.

Shadow and QBert are actually very similar in some of their works, so I've indeed thought about him as well. It's just, Shadow had that un-earthy vibe in his earlier works and he goes all hip-hop nowadays, while QBert displays those sounds in his latest mixtapes, adding a note of modern electronic music in a way nobody else does - that's why I've thought QBert would've nailed this OST if he'd got the offer. Though, if you know of any modern tracks or mixtapes by DJ Shadow, which are based around electronic sounds rather than hip-hop - do share, I'm oh-so-eager to listen to them.

Stepping in the realm of dreams for a moment, I'd give a lot to hear a full scale collaboration between Shadow and QBert. These two definitely has their own, very specific vision about the music...

(Not to diminish Mixmaster Mike though - that man is a turntable beast as well. He definitely could've worked with robotic and unearthy sounds, that's for sure. And, uh... hope I haven't gone way too off the topic - pardon me if I did.)

This is pretty cool. Shades of Blade Runner and tense tense tense. I like it!
Yeah, that was my feeling as well.

Watching the trailer alongside that definitely makes you feel the tension in the air. I love music that makes you feel something other than "this is OK."

Too much distortion to be in game imho. Trailer stuff.

I think it would be fun if they made some MP3 players and loaded cyberpunk music into it and sold it. I might buy one just for my holidays, so I could go Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom