Cyberpunk 2077 REVIEWS - links & discussion

+

Guest 4415471

Just read the IGN review and it ticked so many (if not all) of my boxes, from the bush-like quest design till the overall slow pacing! I am even more hyped to play CP2077, despite the mentioned bugs which IMHO sound like a mistake made by suits (read as give the devs more time from the start), but hey... isn't that a part of cyberpunk? xD

I am so happy for the month/years to come and will see you guys in Night City. ;)

I'm trying to avoid big journalist companies because sometimes they unintentionally spoil the game without knowing.

So instead, I'm checking in to independent reviews, like, MadQueen's. It seems to be a glorious game, but with some player issues from the female's perspective. And she mentions the bugs are there, but they aren't any of the magnitudes you usually experience with Bethesda games- that's a relief. In any case, we'll be getting a day 1 patch when the game officially releases. :ok:
In the thumbnail Judy looks so done with V's bullshit :LOL:

@SardukharFirst, CDPR shouldn't have claimed such things:

To be fair, and I don't know if this is a language issue, but 'aiming' to be as polished as RDR2 and 'claiming' to be are different things entirely.

I can say I aim to be a judo black belt and, if I fail, be undeserving of criticism...as long as I gave it my best shot :)

Hmm, it's probably premature to say the following and based on incomplete information..... At a fundamental level it sounds like a graphically improved version of TW3 in a CP setting using a FP perspective with some freedom in defining the player character and an expanded progression system.

Welp, seeing as I preordered it, reviews are somewhat a moot point for me as I'll only refer to them after my own playthrough with the game!

I didn't read all of the reviews, but I did read six of them from the big sites. I still can't figure out whether it's possible to rush through the main quest and do side stuff later, or whether the side stuff has to be done before the ending of the game. From the reviews, the main story apparently has a very urgent theme to it. So, I hope we can do the story and then the side quests. A few comments in the reviews make me doubt that.

They really need to release footage of base consoles with patch applied. I can't find a single review from s console version, which looks kind of... Shady.

They really need to release footage of base consoles with patch applied. I can't find a single review from s console version, which looks kind of... Shady.
Whether it's shady I can't say. But there aren't going to be any console reviews yet, because at least one of the reviewers said that CDPR only released keys for the PC version.

The TW3's main story line was too long according to community feedback, which is why a lot of people never finished the game. Anyhow, comparing it to CP2077 is moot because CP2077 has more side quests and more freedom.
Cyberpunk 2077's story is way to short. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3! A game that's been worked on for 8 years can be finished in less than 20 hours!? WOW! A 30 hour story would of been much better at least!

I didn't read all of the reviews, but I did read six of them from the big sites. I still can't figure out whether it's possible to rush through the main quest and do side stuff later, or whether the side stuff has to be done before the ending of the game. From the reviews, the main story apparently has a very urgent theme to it. So, I hope we can do the story and then the side quests. A few comments in the reviews make me doubt that.
Apparently the side content has a big impact and unlocks additional endings.So I'd say you're better off doing as many side quests as you can before you finish the main campaign.

So apparently some reviewers have completed the game and are releasing their reviews without any spoilers. So don't worry won't be any in this post either.

I watched Yongyea review first, can be found here:

Three things caught my attention.

1. There is no walk button for the mouse and keyboard version.

That honestly surprised me and really annoys me to be honest. Maybe it's just me, but in most RPG games, walking is always handled extremely poorly. It really annoys me in games like Skyrim and the Witcher, when a NPC say "Follow me" and then starts walking and you having to follow them. For some reason hardly any game (if any game can do this right) for the most part your character walks to slow so you have to constantly run every 2 second to keep up with the NPC, making the whole follow the NPC annoying or weird. However not allowing walking at all is not a good solution. Especially since that is possible with a controller.

So if Yongyea is correct about this and a person from CDPR read this, please for the love of God make it possible, the animation is already there, just hook up a button. And if you want to make it really cool, either make it so the player match the NPC speed when walking and automatically catches up or make it so if you hold down the toggle walk/run button the player can adjust the walking speed, so they themself can match it to the correct speed or set it to what they like, not making you able to walk as fast as you can run obviously. Otherwise make a slider in the game menu where you can set the default walking speed.

2. The amount of bug

Apparently the game is really buggy, to the point where he would suggest people to maybe give CDPR some time to fix them, to get the best experience out of the game. He did not play on the day 0 patch, so maybe some of them have been fixed. Im personally not going to wait. I can live with the bugs. But apparently it is quite severe, at least the version he played.

3. Looking past the bugs

The game is awesome :D
Looking past bugs, as I don't think the lack of walk toggle was as annoying for him as it is for me. The game is really nice, with some very cool story etc.

Next is from The Laymen Gaming:

Review here:

What I found interesting about this one.

1. One of the most immersive experiences ever.

This is good, that is what im after :D

2. One of the biggest skills trees in a game, however lots of them are mere bonuses. like +5% damage etc. so maybe not that interesting.

Personally I don't mind it that much, obviously its not the most exciting when you level up and can just choose some passive upgrades, but all in all, I doubt it will impact my experience a lot.

3. Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

As with Yongyea, they pointed out that there are bugs and lots. In fact, it might be some of the worst bugs he have ever seen in a game, to the point where it is game breaking bad.
And personally he think they should have delayed it again. Even with a 49 GB patch, he said it didn't fix much.

4. Disagreements
Laymen and Yongyea seem to have experience the main story quite differently, where Yongyea thought it did a good job addressing the big questions, about machine and human, Laymen didn't find that to be the case. And Laymen weren't as thrilled about the main story as Yongyea seem to have been and found the side missions to hold a lot of good information that he thought would have been in the main story.

5. Amazing game
They did find it to be an amazing game, but would not recommend it, unless people are fine with bugs.

So apparently from what I can understand the game is REALLY buggy, which is not optimal to be honest :(

At this point I just hope that it won't be as bad on launch as both of these reviewers say it is. But I unfortunately think that they are correct and that it is going to be a buggy mess the 10th december :(

Last edited:
I haven't watched the reviews yet but the bugs sound like a legitimate issue. However, I'm sure CDPR won't rest until they are worked out. At this point after waiting almost 8 years and getting over the lack of TPP was the most difficult thing for me and I did it so bugs that will be fixed won't be much of a challenge.

I will have no choice but to tolerate the bugs, as I decided to pre-order it just like with TW3 and its very own stuttering issues before they were fixed!

I am confident that I will enjoy what is offered as long as there are no game-breaking bugs!

Top Bottom