Cyberpunk 2077 REVIEWS - links & discussion

+
Most helpful reviews from metacritic. I've never seen the entire wall red before. It's always an achievement ;) And this is for PC version.
Probably everything is obvious.

Cyberpunk-Most-Helpf-Reviews.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s an interesting review.

rpg codex? No reasonable person takes them seriously. chuckle. They excel on always moving the goal post to unreachable heights for any CRPG. Then sit around and mope about it endlessly on how it is a 'failure'. Rinse and repeat. Short of a carbon copy of Fallout 1 or Planscape they will never like a CRPG to any significant degree.

No reasonable person takes them seriously. chuckle. They excel on always moving the goal post to unreachable heights for any CRPG. Then sit around and mope about it endlessly on how it is a 'failure'. Rinse and repeat. Short of a carbon copy of Fallout 1 or Planscape they will never like a CRPG to any significant degree.

If you have a bone to pick with the site, you can take it there.

The review is still pretty solid as theirs often are inspite of what might be going on in the forums.

Last edited:

A very fair review that puts Cyberpunk in direct comparison with The Witcher 3 and talks about quests, C&C and dialogues.

It's rather long but it was way worth the watch, the amount of effort the author puts into it is astounding.

As for my contribution:

CDPR get your shit together, dust off and get it done.

This game deserves your full attention don't let it go to waste.

"The first few hours of the game is very refined, and very good, and I enjoyed it A LOT. However; It's when the game really opens up to you is where I start getting disappointed with the game and honestly.. in my opinion the game got pretty boring pretty quick."

Yeah... feels bad, man.

"The first few hours of the game is very refined, and very good, and I enjoyed it A LOT. However; It's when the game really opens up to you is where I start getting disappointed with the game and honestly.. in my opinion the game got pretty boring pretty quick."

Yeah... feels bad, man.

I'm feeling disgusted more than anything right now, it's still a very overly kind review. Just a friendly sidenote, though, don't login to Gwent anymore for your own safety, too.

Cyberpunk is subtle in it's story, especially with all the cuts but it is cool to connect the dots, I will make a post one it as soon as I can

This is I think one of the best and thorough reviews of Cyberpunk 2077 yet:

Noah Caldwell-Gervais' reviews are all a bit like radio reviews, where what he says is more important than what you can see, but if you treat it like a podcast, it's greatly written and insightful.

Guest 3847602

Noah Caldwell-Gervais' reviews are all a bit like radio reviews, where what he says is more important than what you can see, but if you treat it like a podcast, it's greatly written and insightful.
Watched about a half of it, probably not going to bother with the rest.
So much of his expectations regarding the setting, worldbuilding and general feel of the game were based on Neuromancer without one mention of Mike Pondsmith and his universe. Not one.
Oh, and RDR2, of course, a game that shares so many similarities with CP2077, like:
1) being set in open world
...and... that's basically it.

There's also common problem with left-leaning reviewers and what to them constitutes as "anti-capitalist enough", which is "almost nothing".

Watched about a half of it, probably not going to bother with the rest.
So much of his expectations regarding the setting, worldbuilding and general feel of the game were based on Neuromancer without one mention of Mike Pondsmith and his universe. Not one.
Oh, and RDR2, of course, a game that shares so many similarities with CP2077, like:
1) being set in open world
...and... that's basically it.

There's also common problem with left-leaning reviewers and what to them constitutes as "anti-capitalist enough", which is "almost nothing".

I was actually surprised he missed the mark by and large from the first few minutes starting with his statement that Cyberpunk is CDPR's original work...

Everything from there was taken with a fist full of salt and it still kept on sounding like it came from someone that was completely disinterested from making a genuine analysis of the game and just forced himself to both ''do a completionist playthrough'' and write the entire essay on this thing.

Very surprising as I used to somewhat like his previous essays on The Elder Scrolls (someone said bugs and shallow side content), Knights of The Old Republic 2 (talk about broken and unfinished) and Mass Effect (do you like your RPG? here have some third person shooter).

Guest 3847602

Very surprising as I used to somewhat like his previous essays on The Elder Scrolls (someone said bugs and shallow side content), Knights of The Old Republic 2 (talk about broken and unfinished) and Mass Effect (do you like your RPG? here have some third person shooter).
Same, he's made some good videos in the past and he's obviously interested in the genre. Which makes this false premise even more baffling.

Top Bottom