Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
looter shooters
oh thats what its called? lol I figured thats how it would be considering its an RPG, I just never knew the term "looter shooter" before, they can be boring but it makes sense I mean, were playing this more for the story than anything else... hopefully the multiplayer mode will offer something different when they release it

and the shooting should be more engaging than RDR/GTA since this game has robots/cyborgs and not just ordinary human enemies

oh thats what its called? lol I figured thats how it would be considering its an RPG, I just never knew the term "looter shooter" before, they can be boring but it makes sense I mean, were playing this more for the story than anything else... hopefully the multiplayer mode will offer something different when they release it

and the shooting should be more engaging than RDR/GTA since this game has robots/cyborgs and not just ordinary human enemies
for clarity: borderlands, destiny and the division are looter shooters.

It's not a looter shooter and you know it. Does sound like it needed another delay. Bugs galore. Shame.

for clarity: borderlands, destiny and the division are looter shooters.
right but those are boring, i remember playing borderlands1 when it first came out and realized very quickly how the gameplay was very simple and repetitive... but at the time I thought it was referred to as being an "errand running game" like the missions just have you running errands "go here, fetch this, bring it back" rinse repeat... I suppose you can say that about a lot of games, but certain ones do a better job of making the tasks not feel like a chore

I think CP77 will be a bit more engaging with its storyworld and more variety of dialogue choices, strategic decisions, and customization options

It's not a looter shooter and you know it.
well its an RPG with guns... how else would you describe it?

Last edited:
It's not a looter shooter and you know it. Does sound like it needed another delay. Bugs galore. Shame.
right but those are boring, i remember playing borderlands1 when it first came out and realized very quickly how the gameplay was very simple and repetitive... but at the time I thought it was referred to as being an "errand running game" like the missions just have you running errands "go here, fetch this, bring it back" rinse repeat... I suppose you can say that about a lot of games, but certain ones do a better job of making the tasks not feel like a chore

I think CP77 will be a bit more engaging with its storyworld and more variety of dialogue choices, strategic decisions, and customization options

well its an RPG with guns... how else would you describe it?
cyberpunk is clearly not a looter shooter per se, but when it comes to equipment, it's the same as a looter shooter. You need to change your weapons and clothes very often according to the levels or you'll find troubles when progressing with the story. Even when you kill an enemy you have coloured loot falling from its dead body... In order to shoot (effectively) you need to loot. Looter shooter.

Of course all the role-playing part is something else, with choice and consequences and even extremely appreciated immersive sim elements. All stuff that has been praised in every single review.

read up to this point and wanted to stop

"The mix of Asian and Anglo influences is a little cheesy, but it works"

yeah it's not like tokyo, hong kong, singapore or any other obvious real like analogs exists or anything. that comment reeks of not thinking before speaking.

cyberpunk is clearly not a looter shooter per se, but when it comes to equipment, it's the same as a looter shooter. You need to change your weapons and clothes very often according to the levels or you'll find troubles when progressing with the story. Even when you kill an enemy you have coloured loot falling from its dead body... In order to shoot (effectively) you need to loot. Looter shooter.

Of course all the role-playing part is something else, with choice and consequences and even extremely appreciated immersive sim elements. All stuff that has been praised in every single review.

Being a 41 year old gamer, seeing how Roleplaying games have progressed in terms of how the world reacts to them is just fascinating.

327aa3074672090a6a8606c1e51183ac.png

Being a 41 year old gamer, seeing how Roleplaying games have progressed in terms of how the world reacts to them is just fascinating.

View attachment 11072165
First, I never said CP77 is a looter shooter, but just that specific part of the game plays as a looter shooter.
Second, RPG is an extremely vast term, whose main concept is, role-playing. If for you, according to "from rpg to dungeon crawler". only diablo was an RPG, then I just don't agree.
Third, I'm not that younger than you, at all.

I just think that the best descriptor for a game with bullet sponges that requires you to compulsively loot in order to progress is "looter shooter". We might agree that looter shooters are a type of RPG, but we could also care zero fucks and understand the concept instead of doing semantics. :)

That being said, I repeat that IMHO CP77 is clearly an RPG, but when it comes to that specific part, it plays like a looter shooter. Same as the witcher 3 being a looter slasher when it comes to combat (my god, another definition! such abomination!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom