Cyberpunk 2077 select quests are going to make players cry

+
In an article from wccftech, there will be some quests that are going to make us cry, laugh, and mad.

This is very good to hear, as I was a bit worried that because this game is set in a cyberpunk universe, there wouldn't be any emotionally moving quests. I was thinking that things would be clear-cut and straight to the point, but it doesn't seem to be the case here in the article.

The Witcher 3 did this perfectly, and it's good to see that the same thing will be happening in Cyberpunk. Gotta shed those tears to something, you know.

Link to article

In an article from wccftech, there will be some quests that are going to make us cry, laugh, and mad.

This is very good to hear, as I was a bit worried that because this game is set in a cyberpunk universe, there wouldn't be any emotionally moving quests. I was thinking that things would be clear-cut and straight to the point, but it doesn't seem to be the case here in the article.

The Witcher 3 did this perfectly, and it's good to see that the same thing will be happening in Cyberpunk. Gotta shed those tears to something, you know.

Link to article
I really like it when a game can help the player feel a full range of emotions. Some games force the player to artificially feel this, but CDProjektRed know how to do it with style, and naturally. :D

It will be on another level than the witcher because in first person it’s much more immersive even if i like third person too but in this game i prefer it that way.The witcher got 4 major emotional things(Spoiler)1 When vesemir died2When you find your daughter ciry3The ending especially the emperor one4 Where you(geralt)look at the player in blood and whine at the end of the campaign.This can be topped

I'm probably going to be crying a lot then lol. Witcher 3 made me cry a few times and the world of cyberpunk is just as bleak if not moreso so I'll be sure to have the Kleenex ready.

Ya W3 made me cry in a few places, but it was a good cry. I've played W3 6 times so far, and I've teared up every time Geralt finds Ciri.

Whenever I read stuff about the emotional impact of 2077, I always think of Mike Pondsmith saying:

"I'm the guy who killed your cyberpunk character."

Thanks, Mike...so bittersweet.

That breaks my heart. I'd have a beer with Jackie!
Me too, a big frothy dark one, with a scoop of homemade cashew icecream inside of it, and we both share it with two straws, and then we (just kidding) but yes Jackie is a bro. :D

Whenever I read stuff about the emotional impact of 2077, I always think of Mike Pondsmith saying:

"I'm the guy who killed your cyberpunk character."

Thanks, Mike...so bittersweet.

Oh yea, isn't Mike Pondsmith the one who said he likes killing characters off because it's true cyberpunk way?
Wow, he might actually blow the whole Night City.

I'm going to expect similar to The walking dead and game of thrones.

Oh yea, isn't Mike Pondsmith the one who said he likes killing characters off because it's true cyberpunk way?
Wow, he might actually blow the whole Night City.

I'm going to expect similar to The walking dead and game of thrones.

Yeeeeaah, There seems to be this sleight mini nuke fetish undertow to the lore...it could get ugly.

But I'm expecting all the tears to flow with personal relationships first...

Psychologist: Do you know when these depression symptoms started to get worse?
Me: Yeah, April 16...2020...All my cyberpunk friends die! I spent soooo much time in character customization...and for what?!:giveup:

Last edited:
Yeah Mike Pondsmith killed my character too, I've never had a character retire or have a happy ending in a Cyberpunk game, but I did once have a character die in a blaze of glory to save the team and really that's all you can ask for in that world.

Until the GM brought her back as an enemy boss and murdered the party lol. I love Cyberpunk so much.

They does make me curious if it will be possible to have a happy ending in 2077 or if they will all be varying degrees of crappy and one or two very bad ones.

They does make me curious if it will be possible to have a happy ending in 2077 or if they will all be varying degrees of crappy and one or two very bad ones.

I've been wondering about that as well.
What is going to be hilarious is the reactions of people expecting the happy ending...that dystopia tho...

laugh.gif

I would no more expect a "happy ending" in a true cyberpunk genre story than I would expect an entire group to survive from start to end in a zombie apocalypse story. Unless the person is writing an emotional self-stroke fan fiction to make themselves feel better, those kind of things just don't tend to happen, at least not in serious examples of the genres.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything less from a CDPR game that has quests and a story. All four previous ones (yes, even Thronebreaker) have had such moments for me.

Always good to hear confirmation though, despite my having taken this for granted.

Well, its good hear that the quests are written well... but for me to be able to relate with the characters its not going to be trivial. Many things in the game and the world have to go right. I for one am still struggling to even play witcher 3, because I don't care about its setting (and by extension its characters) in the slightest.

I DO care about cyberpunk setting, but this year CDPR has taken some giant steps in order to alienate me from it. The change of Samurai bands music from awesome to god-awful garbage cannot be understated. News from even more diminished 3rd person camera angles removes the one thing that, in the past, has allowed me to enjoy even otherwise bad games. This is not promising in the slightest. Nothing what they say carries the same weight for me anymore, it is just starting to sound a lot like marketing speech intended to sell a product that is inferior to what was originally promised.

Top Bottom