Cyberpunk 2077 Soundtrack: Not a Fan

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the BTS soundtrack video and noticed that aside from Refused there are no Rock bands or artists on the soundtrack. While I do appreciate that Industrial music will be in there, the majority of these artists are either Pop, Rap or electronic. Night City is the city where ROCKerboys are fighting corporations. Take the Rock music out and the name, aesthetic, atmosphere of the Cyberpunk world that Mike Pondsmith created becomes meaningless.

I was worried that CDPR would be pushing Rappers as the new Rockerboys and my fears have just been confirmed. I hear enough of that trash on the radio and I don't want to see it in Cyberpunk 2077. I'm out. Have fun with Cyberpunk

And no I'm not a boomer. Just born too late

IDK... Are you certain that there will only be one rock band featured in the game ???

It looks like it considering the implication that these are all the big names. CDPR arent big enough to hire even 20 artists. Plus Run the Jewels is a Political Hip Hop duo meaning that they are most likely to be the new Rockerboys, a far cry from the 2020 tabletop of screeching guitars and leathers
Post automatically merged:

Also CDPR broke their promise of TPP, ditched the TPP cutscenes, ditched the more detailed Lifepath, reduced the character creation options, made the city a generic candy coloured mess with a map that is way too small.

The soundtrack was the final straw for me.

And yet the worst thing about it is that the community treats CDPR as if everything they shit is gold and treat defectors as if they were never true fans.

Toxic AF if you ask me

Last edited:
it feels like they are very hard trying to appeal to the mainstream
would have appreciated more underground rappers and music in general, but i guess those wouldn't sell more copies of the game

grimes as lizzy wizzy is awesome though, if they make some music specifically for the game and not just license songs from art angels or visions (that would suck)

it feels like they are very hard trying to appeal to the mainstream
would have appreciated more underground rappers and music in general, but i guess those wouldn't sell more copies of the game

grimes as lizzy wizzy is awesome though, if they make some music specifically for the game and not just license songs from art angels or visions (that would suck)

Yeah, I agree. Appealing to the mainstream is so not Cyberpunk

It’s a big investment and they have to ”safely” be able to sell the game tothe masses, so it (is thought that it) has to be:
- simplistic,
- straightforward enough,
- in certain ways decidedly vapid.

Sild

Ex-moderator

Back in the 80's rock was mainstream, much more so than it is now.

There are others with a rock background other than Refused on that list: Ilan Rubin from Nine Inch Nails and Rat Boy. It's difficult to say how many rock songs will find their way into the game, but i'm pretty sure there's going to be a fair number of them, as well as other genres.

Taking into account everything we know about the game (diverse districts, diverse visual styles, corps, rocker boys, media, glam etc.) the fact that there's a wider range of music is a good thing, no?

I don't even know any of the bands and from what I saw it's a music style which I don't like. Still I'm pretty sure that the music in the game will work great with the overall game setting.
Post automatically merged:

The fact that there's a diverse range of music is a good thing, no?

Not for the #NotMyCyberpunk crowd.

I'm pretty sure that the music in the game will work great with the overall game setting.
I agree. I think pretty much any music -- whether it's something I love, am indifferent towards, or hate -- can work in the right setting.

All of the music heard so far sounds like it will fit the game (even if I don't necessarily like it on its own), so I trust that the rest will too. Music in CDPR games has yet to disappoint me.

I wish I had kept the link from 4 years ago where CDPR said they would be representing the same genres of music we have now. In fact, it was super important to them. It wouldn't just be synthwave all the time, but everything from Jazz to rock to classical. Consider their work on TW3. I think they know what they're doing here.

Forum veteran
Rock has cross-pollinated so many different genres that it's basically meaningless as a descriptor anyway.

What I want to know is if they're obtaining the rights to the songs they'll be using or if the soundtrack will ultimately have to be replaced in 5-10 years when the rights run out. It'd suck to have a Crazy Taxi situation where you get used to Offspring and years down the road it becomes something else. Something wrong.

Has anyone from CDPR specified how all of these artists will be used? If their tracks form the backdrop for certain scenes, that could be huge (and a problem down the road). Not so much if they're just throwaway radio station songs used to drum up extra publicity and mainstream-ness by bringing more famous people on board.

I don't know everything of this title takes what i loved about Cyberpunk 2020 and punch it straight in the face. At this point i will stay in this forum till release when we actually will see some open world gameplay instead of Cosplay contest and Marketing with Celebrities. I am a gamer if you want to sell me a product show me the product.

Too much Punk too little Cyber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom