Cyberpunk 2077 - State of game after a month

+
What do you things about the game after the month?
That the game CDPR delivered is so far from the game CDPR promised. This is a scam. No less.

The honeymoon period is over?
Spent 100+ hours cleaning the map and doing all endings.
The more I played, the more the flaws become visible.
Now, I don't play it anymore. I'm waiting for an overhaul. And I will not put 1 cent in it.
I feel cheated ...

Can we now look at the game with a cold eye, and see it for what it is?
Cons :
- RPG : the storyline does not change, it does not depend of the choices made => replayability zero
- the Perk tree is broken : some perks are USELESS, and some builds are overpowered
- there is no AI in combat
- there is no interactivity with the pretended open world, which is empty and dead
- the police is a joke
- the crafting is mostly useless
- what the point in collecting cars ?
- the main quest is too short and meaningless
- the cut content should be re-integrated

in one line : when you copy from the best, try to copy the best.

Pros :
- Aesthetics and graphics

CDPR delivered a gorgeous game, full of eye candy and never seen before stuff.
And that's all.
I play on PC and did not encounter many bugs. But the game is broken, unfinished and ridiculously lame for a 2020 game.

Last edited:
But this is exactly what Gothic 3 managed to do. You were an outsider, who was able to work for all parties without joining them. You could do quest for all sorts of factions without being part of them, but in the end, you had to choose one faction to end the game. (I think you had even the option to end the game by yourself and not aligning with anyone by killing the leaders of the factions and getting their holy items. So you had even this as option)
but isnt that the whole point you have fixers in cyberpunk, or Mr. Johnsons in Shadowrun?
you do not alligne with anyone as a gun for hire

but isnt that the whole point you have fixers in cyberpunk, or Mr. Johnsons in Shadowrun?
you do not alligne with anyone as a gun for hire
The problem with this is, theres no alignment here though. You dont get affiliation with said factions. So whats really the point in fixers in this game besides money. They are static figures who call you for a job and thats it.

If i went to a town in gothic 3, they wouldnt even let me to their leader. Why would they? They dont know me and i havent even proven im worth the time.
So what you do is make yourself a name in the town by doing the quests for the people in the town, which btw you can fail almost all of them, so even that option is there. After you got to a certain point, they will let you speak to their leader.

Now in Cyberpunk, theres nothing like that. You get random phonecalls after you got the chip and thats it. You fail missions, doesnt matter. All you lose is money, as there is no "real" reputation system in this game.
If i get 3 missions from the fixer and i "fail" all three of them (sadly, often times those missions are just kill xy, so you cant really fail.), but if you get missions and you can fail them, does it matter? no, because the fixer still gives you missions as if nothing happened.
Now if i was a fixer, i wouldnt give you any more jobs, after you failed so many other jobs.

Knowing they have two big patches planned to address a lot of concerns, and a lead dev's twitter post this morning suggested they just got back from holiday literally today... a post-mortum thread is a little pre-emptive.

there is no "real" reputation system in this game

That was extremely disappointing to me.

Street Cred is pointless. It has no impact on the game other than commerce. And you can only "gain" street cred. You can't "lose" any no matter what you do, because it isn't tied into anything else.

These are the kinds of things that lead to the feeling of the game being "incomplete" or "unfinished".

I'm telling you..... ALL of these things were once much more impactful parts of a near entirely different game. And no amount of "excusing things away" or off-the-cuff, generalized "debunking" is going to make me believe otherwise. There's no way I'll ever believe that THIS is the game they INTENDED to build from the start.

Now that the dust has settled, I was thinking of giving some feedback and hopefully constructive criticism because even though I think it is a good game, I can't help but feel disappointed by what it could have been instead of just a good game.

So, let's start with the positives, I always find it the most helpful:

1. World building, NC itself. Casting aside performance issues which forced some changes like less crowd density or bad driver AI, I think CDPR really nailed the characters, attitude, atmosphere and artwork of NC. I especially feel in love with the way different districts are part of the same city yet are so different. The transition between these areas is really natural, the verticality makes sense it just feels like a real city. Just like Novigrad, CDPR really knows how to make a city feel alive.

2. Voice acting, quality of writing for the quests themselves. Both secondary and main quests are very well written, the music is on spot and the visual representation of some of them including the cinematics (won't mention any to avoid spoilers) are quite impressive. The various accents different characters have is a nice touch, I really feel like I am talking to an actual Haitian when talking to that specific faction. There's also a lot of grim quests, with pretty grim outcomes and characters that would make most people throw up, taboo subjects which are not afraid to show the dark side of things or people. That's great, keep this atmosphere coming!

3. Combat, skill trees and weapons. While it obviously needs some fine tuning and balance, the system is pretty deep, interesting and offers different ways to play the game. It's especially interesting that builds can be specifically tailored to certain weapons and I am not saying the classic pistol / shotgun / rifle thing but actual perks (or even mods) that are useless with using certain weapons but godlike of others. A small example, just think of the impact an epic Crunch +dmg mod has on a x20 pellet type gun compared to how useless it is on a sniper rifle. You can spice that up by using specific cyber implants. Again, very deep, fun and diverse system, just needs more tuning and perhaps even more crazy types of weapons.

Now the negatives.. or not really negatives per say, just stuff the I feel is missing:

1. Where are all the different factions? I played nice with the Militech chick because I was hoping to get a job. Voodoo Boys? Why not? Or Netwatch. Or maybe a gang of smuggling / raiding nomads which you can do all sorts of heists and runs with? You know, sort of like the train job but more than 10 minutes? Or the starting mission as a nomad? But like a whole pathway to progress through not just some side missions here and there. I honestly imagined that different powerful factions in NC would have their own way of helping you out with your condition and that working with or for them will each be a way to progress to the final act.

2. The time skip from origin story to the actual game. I feel like that whole flash back thing should've been an act of its own and getting famous enough to be approached by people like Dexter would be its goal.

3. Events. The Witcher 3 had a lot of these really nice moments, sort of like a break from the action, a chance to get to know your companions or even set some things straight. Remember the parties Geralt had to attend or was made to? Or that moment in Kaer Morhen when you just get drunk with your buddies? Those simple life moments, which allow you to really connect with the NPCs? Where are these in Cyberpunk? The closest thing I got the things I mentioned was the small pre-gig meet you have with Dex in the club when you can chill around and have a drink with your crew. Where's my corporate ballroom party? Why was I not invited :(

4. Which ties me in to this next point. While I enjoy most of the side content / main missions in the game, I really wish there were more Gigs, Heists or w/e which where a larger in scope. More like the Dex mission. I would have loved to be able to for example rob an armored money truck but also do the actual groundwork for it first like having info on the route, finding a driver, planning an escape route and a safehouse etc.

Hopefully the Cyberpunk universe will keep expanding both in NC and beyond it. I plan on holding Takemura up on his offer to show me what real food is :)

Now if i was a fixer, i wouldnt give you any more jobs, after you failed so many other jobs.

i did play a lot of Shadowrun pen&paper
and thats kinda the whole point
you get missions.. and get more harder once the longer you play...
if you fail a mission
you either dead, or maybe have to look for a new Mr. Johnson/Fixer
also your reputation and or relationship with the fixer lets you buy better stuff

but you never join a corp, never
you may do missions for a corp.. if you find out who the fixer or the clientis. but that can be dangerous for you and your team

i dunno what to tell you.. other then thats how i know and play shadowrun
you dont or only have loose afilliations, because the next mission could bring you into conflict with them

The state of the game is bad enough that they're being investigated in Poland and might be fined 10% of their income from 2020 (not just Cyberpunk).

That's a hefty sum of money to end up being fined for their release. I sincerely hope that regardless of whether or not they're fined, it serves as a lesson to learn from for their future releases and development.

Haha!

Maybe - but we're over a month now - and I'm still having a blast.

Haven't been this invested in a game in a really long time.

And that's certainly not a bad thing.

I guess it really depends on how you view the subject matter. Or how much you're willing to overlook, I suppose. Ultimately, it all comes down to whether or not you feel you got your money's worth.

The Gothic games are imo very good RPG's.

Never herd of them but that answer is off topic to my questions
Post automatically merged:

They could at least expect that the game would run on their consoles.

I actually agree with you on that . I also wrote a lengthy response on why I think last gen console are having issues

'Consoles

This is the ONLY category where I agree that refunds are warranted. As the end user has no way to "fix" the problems like a pc user can. "

Last edited:
They definitely dun goofed talking about the AI and NPC cycles in the 2018 trailer.

As someone who doesn't care about shooting cops and getting into fist fights with random NPCs walking down the street though, the lack of NPC AI doesn't take away from the most excellent time I'm having exploring the nooks and crannies of the world. Finding new ways to complete side quests and gigs, uncovering lore etc.

Again, I'm sorry that this makes your experience is shit, I am. I hope they do something with it - because it's clear that interactivity with the open world is something people really want and is a missed opportunity for them.

...but again, it just doesn't affect the rest of the game - and if you want me to share my version, then my version is playing the game where it treats the open world filler as filler - and goes straight to where the guts of the game actually are.
Oh well, this game is not only about Johnny, V, Panam or Judy - it's about Night CIty - a massive place where anything can happen. At least it should, cause in my Night City nothing happens as it is full of zombies who don't react to anyone and anything !
People are constantly writing "OMG, NC is so beaufitul, so big, so cool, so so so" - YES, it is ! But it is also VERY DEAD.

Oh well, this game is not only about Johnny, V, Panam or Judy - it's about Night CIty - a massive place where anything can happen. At least it should, cause in my Night City nothing happens as it is full of zombies who don't react to anyone and anything !
People are constantly writing "OMG, NC is so beaufitul, so big, so cool, so so so" - YES, it is ! But it is also VERY DEAD.
You got it man. It's just sad. Enormous potential WASTED.
Post automatically merged:

The state of the game is bad enough that they're being investigated in Poland and might be fined 10% of their income from 2020 (not just Cyberpunk).

That's a hefty sum of money to end up being fined for their release. I sincerely hope that regardless of whether or not they're fined, it serves as a lesson to learn from for their future releases and development.
Never saw that happening.

This is just a warning, they will be not fined.

So here we are boys and girls!

A month ago Cyberpunk 2077 was released (+/- some hours depends on where you live).

State of CP month after release:
  • The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • The game is on version 1.06 on PC and consoles. (Stadia is still on 1.05 - 18 days after releasing 1.06).
  • Save files still get corrupted. It was never really fixed.
  • Many bugs in quests cause players to not be able to finish them.
  • Performance bugs, crashes, and glitches. (t-pose etc. )
What do you things about the game after the month? The honeymoon period is over? Can we now look at the game with a cold eye, and see it for what it is?
I would say that its pretty much where you would expect it to be given the circumstances, if people think that they can fix this game in a couple of month with holidays etc. they are quite deluded in my opinion.

CP might be in a somewhat bug free version in maybe 6 month or so and that is purely with the current content. Everything people wish there would be in it, might never come, as it would require a lot of time to development time and given how long they have actually worked on it and the state it released in. I would think it would take a least a year, before anything substantial is implemented, again if ever. They might simply hope that people forget about it and just push out some expansions. Who knows at this point :D

1 month later and the ending is still glitched.. I had auto saves only at the end.. so there is no escape for my fate.. and still haven't played since a month from now..
At the same time I wanna refund but also wanna still play the game but don't wanna start all over
That the game CDPR delivered is so far from the game CDPR promised. This is a scam. No less.

Spent 100+ hours cleaning the map and doing all endings.
The more I played, the more the flaws become visible.
Now, I don't play it anymore. I'm waiting for an overhaul. And I will not put 1 cent in it.
I feel cheated ...

Cons :
- RPG : the storyline does not change, it does not depend of the choices made => replayability zero
- the Perk tree is broken : some perks are USELESS, and some builds are overpowered
- there is no AI in combat
- there is no interactivity with the pretended open world, which is empty and dead
- the police is a joke
- the crafting is mostly useless
- what the point in collecting cars ?
- the main quest is too short and meaningless
- the cut content should be re-integrated

in one line : when you copy from the best, try to copy the best.

Pros :
- Aesthetics and graphics

CDPR delivered a gorgeous game, full of eye candy and never seen before stuff.
And that's all.
I play on PC and did not encounter many bugs. But the game is broken, unfinished and ridiculously lame for a 2020 game.

1 month later and the ending is still glitched.. I had auto saves only at the end.. so there is no escape for my fate.. and still haven't played since a month from now..
At the same time I wanna refund but also wanna still play the game but don't wanna start all over
The ending is the absolute worst part of the game, if you have enjoyed it up until the point where there is no return, I would personally think that you have experienced the best parts of the game.

Also for a lot of people the last fight and in general the last mission is extremely buggy. The boss got stuck in mine and then ended up being dead floating in the air, there are hidden walls all over and unfinished or cut content in the middle of the level, which haven't been removed or implemented.

And then when I finally got the ending, it didn't make any sense whatsoever, in regards to what I had chosen.

Top Bottom