Cyberpunk 2077 - State of game after a month

+
So here we are boys and girls!

A month ago Cyberpunk 2077 was released (+/- some hours depends on where you live).

State of CP month after release:
  • The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • The game is on version 1.06 on PC and consoles. (Stadia is still on 1.05 - 18 days after releasing 1.06).
  • Save files still get corrupted. It was never really fixed.
  • Many bugs in quests cause players to not be able to finish them.
  • Performance bugs, crashes, and glitches. (t-pose etc. )
What do you things about the game after the month? The honeymoon period is over? Can we now look at the game with a cold eye, and see it for what it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm still having a mostly flawless game experience, and the more I look into the game the more I love it.

So it is a real bummer that people are having this issues, and I only hope they do get sorted soon because this game is excellent.
No its not...if they take the story away the world will be the same..honestly the marketing ruined it for me... Everything was false like the snow this year... Is it ok for what it is? Yes, Yes it is...a movie that has no place being in an open world where they were testing some multiplayer features like looter- shooter at it best.
But they had such a good standing with people that they needed this... Why be a perfect good guy when you can be a bad dude who will still make money out of people. And they are right. People are idiots. EA is still making ton of money. Same products every year.
This game wont change for me. Expected RPG with deep elements cause THEY SAID IT... Not my dad... But whatever.

Last edited:
save game corruptions happens when your save game exceeds 14mb (befor it was 8mb)
which kinda only happens if you make use of bugs, or craft/sell itmes for hours
so maybe stop using those bugs/cheats?

my endgame saves all have ~4mb - 5.5mb

i very rarly have to restart a quest, finnishd the game twice without a single quest i couldnt do
and no performance problems on a ~5year old rig

my experience is also a kinda flawless game of the year fealing
i was expecting a Witcher 3 game, and its exactly that

A month ago Cyberpunk 2077 was released (+/- some hours depends on where you live).

• The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • The game is on version 1.06 on PC and consoles. (Stadia is still on 1.05 - 18 days after releasing 1.06).
What do you things about the game after the month? The honeymoon period is over? Can we now look at the game with a cold eye, and see it for what it is?
I like it, it is a nice, good game but i expected more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you were joking before BUT you really have no idea what are you talking about...
nope
iam totaly having fun with the game
if you dont... i cant help it

Played it already 200hs, which is twice as long as i did play AsassinsCreed Valhalla,
which was a much greater disapointment in my book

But hey.. everyone can have a diffrent opinion
if you think the game sucks, move along, come back later, or dont
and if you dont think its like Withcer 3, maybe you should play it again.

Im having weird but pleasant experiences still tbh.

Weird i mean if it was a online game i'd say its being tweaked in the background, as is i think theres alot more not working vrs working playthrough to playthrough than i assumed

Case in point the Basilisk, i've did about 10 playthroughs now and in not a single one did i get upon entering it to drive anything but a crosshair, that last playthrough i did i got the crosshair but also what i can only descride as a different onscreen ui representing the basilisk hp, boost etc etc.

Every playthrough wait 24h and drop points would reset the cash, that last playthrough none did.

Alot more text messages of the nomads ive never had at all in previous playthroughs though i did absolutely nothing different

Just a few examples that happen from playthrough to playthrough, that arent making me rage or hate but making me realise that, potentially, theres alot of stuff not firing of properly and make me think whats not firing at all if anything

after 2.5 week and around 100+ hours into it, i am done. there is only one quest that I need to finish (I can't cause it's bugged) in rest I have no other thing to do in the game :( - except maybe drive around play cop for all the (badge - star alerts). Somehow it feels empty. looking over the city from a high point - with no target on the map.
Marketing did went overboard with promises with what can be done inside the game. Looking forward to the DLCs as these might add change things.
Ps: I did played on ps4, therefore i haven't even got to see the pretty version of the game :)).

While the game runs fine for the most part, without mods I still would be stuck at a main story mission. A bug known since day 1 regarding the whole phone system is still not fixed.

Also, on my version of the drivers AMD has revoked their "officially supported" page for the game as it runs that inconsistently. My GPU (Radeon 5700XT) really doesn't like the game and it crashes more and more or rather it crashes my drivers more and more and then crashes itself, almost always forcing me to restart the PC to run the game again as it will otherwise just not launch anymore.

Just to note: I still very much enjoy the game, but it's tendency to run worse and worse and crashing more and more often, especially during "fixed camera" moments of cutscenes makes it really hard to love the game.
Beneath the bugs and Ubisoft bullshit is still a very appealing narratively driven game that tells it's stories well for the most part and tackles some serious topic's. But it gets choked out by all it's flaws, especially the bugs and just the lack of polish as a whole.

save game corruptions happens when your save game exceeds 14mb (befor it was 8mb)
which kinda only happens if you make use of bugs, or craft/sell itmes for hours
so maybe stop using those bugs/cheats?

my endgame saves all have ~4mb - 5.5mb

The save file bug is simply shitty design. I have save files for other games that range anywhere from 5MB to 25MB with my games modded to hell and back with 250+ mods. You think ANYONE with this issue has that many mods in their game?

Seriously. Stop defending poor design. And stop blaming gamers for being gamers. It's disingenuous at best.

nope
iam totaly having fun with the game
if you dont... i cant help it

Played it already 200hs, which is twice as long as i did play AsassinsCreed Valhalla,
which was a much greater disapointment in my book

But hey.. everyone can have a diffrent opinion
if you think the game sucks, move along, come back later, or dont
and if you dont think its like Withcer 3, maybe you should play it again.
First of all if you think this game is like the witcher 3.. you clearly dont know anything. Second when you play the witcher on death march you actually have to prepare for the battle. Characters are soo fleshed out that you know them inside and out. Even the skill tree is a joke i could make a build that is completly different then anything in cyberpunk...Cyberpunk you have two options...guns blazzing or well stealth- hack everything and everyone route. I play cyberpunk on psycho and by the end the game was easy for me...For god sake i one shotted adam smasher...that is not suppose to happen...this game is broken and cant be fixed cause its broken in the core. Its shallow and feels unfinished cause some of the quests are cut...the city is beautiful but dead...AI is sooo bad that gta 3 from 2001 has better AI system...this is an open world looter-shooter that has no rpg elements or anything to do in the game with a linear, very linear story that was running soo fast to finish that by the end you dont core about anyone and your character V is heartbroken...
Witcher 3 was buggy at the start too but knew where it is going and how it will end. Cyberpunk had 7 endings that are nowhere close to an expansion except 6 months to live and those 7 endings WERE 20% OF ALL OF THE MAIN STORY... 1/5 of the game WERE the endings...

Personally, I thought my entire experience was boring. It's not a bad game, at all. It's just boring. The main story is basically about Johnny, and I disliked him from the moment he appeared in V's head. He's annoying and his presence is overdone. I was looking forward to a good RPG. But this game is not an RPG.

I just posted separately that I restarted the game after my initial 25 hours on the Xbox One X. The first 25 were awful and to the point where I had to just stop. Between the screen freezing, being glitched back to the console dashboard, the audio/video glitches, it was pretty much unplayable, but I did try.

Fast forward to last night where I restarted the game with a new and fresh character and with a bit of knowledge I didn't have before. I had also watched a bunch of YT vids on gameplay and saw where I might have messed up.

After 6.5 hours last night I'm happy to report I had NO issues, none whatsoever except for a few seconds of lag. I was so engrossed I didn't stop playing until 2 AM this morning! I have no idea what content is reported to be missing, and, the city is just lifeless with the same people doing the same thing with no response when you speak to them, random mumbling. The story though is what sucked me in, especially after having an idea of what was to happen with my initial 25 hours. I can't wait to see how it progresses and I hope my issue-less play time continues.

I'm not sure if CDPR updated things during the weeks after I stopped playing, but something changed.

Top Bottom