Cyberpunk 2077 - State of game after a month

+
Are you waiting for the new patches? And if yes, why?
Yes. 1.2 has so many possibilities:
  • Will CP2077 become a true sequel to Fallout 76? When reading their merch leaks i was immediately wondering if there was mold in it as well(it is not). After they promised return of hard copies no matter the store policy and got hacked as well, it would not totally shock me if user data gets compromised in the future. Of course that would never happen as our data is safe with CDPR.
  • Will CP2077 get no man sky'd? The magnitude of it would dwarf NMS and could change the meaning of getting "cyberpunked".
  • Will CP2077 land somewhere between and will launch a MP 2022? It would be glorious.
CDPR's story is much more interesting than their game at this point. 1.2 will be decisive to me even when I expect to uninstall after patch notes drop. Not downloading a whole lot of nothing that breaks existing installation again before inevitable GOTY 90% off. Though, they promised 1.2 will be "The Big One"™, right? Right?

ofc is not an RPG the moment they get close to release the back track of all their promises b
Where do people get the idea that infodump and exposition are 'what an RPG is'?
"You must not like narrative driven games" thats what people keep saying. My favorite game is Fallout NV. What I like is that the speech choices change things in the game. That is how RPG narrative works. CP2077 just gives options for the illusion of choice and there is waaaaaay to much "follow Panam, sit down, listen to dialogue, respond with speech option that most likely has no impact" and repeat the process. It isn't a good RPG, it isn't a good action game. It is boring and monotonous.

So here we are again more than 2 months later.

State of CP 2 months after release:
  • The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • Many bugs in quests cause players to not be able to finish them.
  • Performance bugs, crashes, and glitches. (t-pose etc. )
In those 2 months since release, I finished the game (every side quest, every gig, every ending), and to be honest, I do not wait for the next patches.

There is a time when you must let go and go to the next thing.

Are you waiting for the new patches? And if yes, why?
Because im on xbox ine and i still cant play for more than 30 min at a time without the framerate crashing so hard that it forces me to hard reboot my xbox. Oh, and the framerate dips make me sick to my stomach. Ive had it since day one and im only 20 hours in, and ive been ignored for a refund.

Because im on xbox ine and i still cant play for more than 30 min at a time without the framerate crashing so hard that it forces me to hard reboot my xbox. Oh, and the framerate dips make me sick to my stomach. Ive had it since day one and im only 20 hours in, and ive been ignored for a refund.

As was stated, maybe it's time to let go. Of your Xbox.

At this point. I'm curious on what gets fixed through each of the patches. I'm not even caring about the future plans. It's like watching a horse race. Are they gonna get to the finish line. Get the base consoles working at stable 30fps, with no crashing.

"You must not like narrative driven games" thats what people keep saying. My favorite game is Fallout NV. What I like is that the speech choices change things in the game. That is how RPG narrative works. CP2077 just gives options for the illusion of choice and there is waaaaaay to much "follow Panam, sit down, listen to dialogue, respond with speech option that most likely has no impact" and repeat the process. It isn't a good RPG, it isn't a good action game. It is boring and monotonous.

the backtracked in the RPG thing, even CDPR labels this game as action story-driven adventure so stop comparing it to an rpg

the backtracked in the RPG thing, even CDPR labels this game as action story-driven adventure so stop comparing it to an rpg
Doesn't matter what you compare it to the game is boring and monotonous either way. If it is an action adventure game it sure is a lot of follow...sit...lean...stand...blah blah blah blah. Oh yeah, action packed with pointless dialogue options and riding in the passenger seat of a car. Call it what you want, it sucks.

imagine saying for 7 years its an rpg game then the second delay the game got they change it just because its lebaled different doesnt mean the game is changed its still the same shallow game
fdsdfsgs.png

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what you compare it to the game is boring and monotonous either way. If it is an action adventure game it sure is a lot of follow...sit...lean...stand...blah blah blah blah. Oh yeah, action packed with pointless dialogue options and riding in the passenger seat of a car. Call it what you want, it sucks.
I agree the FPP bores the shit out of me, specially in the cutscenes i hate it & my wife hates it (she don't play games but likes to watch). At first it wasn't bad, but the longer I played the game the more boring I find it. imo games that are only FPP should stick to Shooters and Racing not open world action adventure wanna be rpgs. Also since the "cutscenes" are FPP and not cinematic anymore they are also ruined by the terrible lighting the game has, the aim sights that never go away, or by the store's 50m mark in the middle of the NPC your talking to forehead.

In a year or so when 'much ado about nothing' has happened in so many aspects of our lives and where in creative industries there's been no plays, theatre, concerts, recitals or events, and major movies have either stalled or been multiple postponed, the gaming media and You Tuber reviewers and their audiences have been relatively starved of new content to experience. There's been precious little to review and distract our lives with. Good books are still being written but there are no more bookshops, music is being released digitally but there are no more live bands to see.. it's a cultural limbo...

Add to that the media hype over this one game and our supercharged consumer expectations, and throw in an unhealthy dose of 'Covid excuse making' and, lo and behold we got ourselves a (disaster) convoy..!

In an ironic way CB2077 has become a icon of the times, a symbol of our yearning to be free to roam the mean streets of a brand new refreshingly adventurous exciting virtual future and see the world and engage with exciting new digital people, and then kill them.. !! ( like an old Army recruiting poster)..

And then....the Law of Disappointment kicks in and our hyper inflated expectations, loaded with pandemic-fuelled desire for new (even virtual) freedom goes down the digital toilet in a resounding flush of despair. It's true indeed that the old saying that no matter how you dress it up, you cannot polish a turd...

There is Good, and Bad in CB 2077 and in its RL corpo greed story there is the Ugly. Those of us gifted with or open minded enough to have tolerance have accepted our lot and will enjoy as much as we can from a flawed delivery. Some will give up and run, never to return, as others whinge for a living and become an incessant soundtrack of misery. Eventually it will end up as 'que sera..'

That future is yet to be seen in what will be (one way or another) a legendary/notorious game release which will define the standard of consumer expectation and pressure on those brave companies who are still trying to produce games in this uncertain age. Commercially it's ironic that disgruntled players have to read of a huge monetary success for this product given the level of sheer animosity and vitriol that erupted in media and user feedback after the launch.

We all of us have different personal slants on 'what we like and hate' as that of course is the dilemma that faces any company trying to release a much hyped title to literally millions of single-minded consumers... ( 'you can't please all of the people all of the time'... etc). I personally have some resentment towards what I see as the 'Keanu Fetish' and the corporate w*nk fest that resulted from his zealous involvement in their pursuit of the almighty $. Some blame other factors. I guess I shall be endlessly curious about what 'might have been' with the original Pondsmith vision and storyline had they not gone the celebrity route.

In all, my view is that I bought what is for me, on a high end PC, an entertaining and 'on the way there' product towards the Cyberpunk universe I've dreamed of playing in since Gibson, Sterling, Blade Runner and many other influences.

It's not the entire Cyberpunk future cake, not even near it, someone left a few layers out, the icing was rushed and wasn't properly set, the jam was weak and watery, and there was no cherry on the top, let alone the sparklers and whipped cream I wanted, but I'm still eating it. While enjoying the taste, I mourn for the delight it might have been. It's not that bad that I want to trip down to McArthur Park and leave it in the rain to melt, but I wouldn't be ordering another one or recommending it to my friends...

I agree the FPP bores the shit out of me, specially in the cutscenes i hate it & my wife hates it (she don't play games but likes to watch). At first it wasn't bad, but the longer I played the game the more boring I find it. imo games that are only FPP should stick to Shooters and Racing not open world action adventure wanna be rpgs. Also since the "cutscenes" are FPP and not cinematic anymore they are also ruined by the terrible lighting the game has, the aim sights that never go away, or by the store's 50m mark in the middle of the NPC your talking to forehead.
My wife likes watching me play The Witcher 3, The Last of Us and other story driven games and with this one she asked "Do you just go places and sit and talk?"
Yeah pretty much with some bad shooting, stabbing and driving sprinkled in there. The hacking was cool for like 2 missions then it gets overly repetitive and also I found out that it is completely unnecessary since I can just shoot my way through the hordes of brain dead AI on hard difficulty.

I think Skyrim and the rest of the Elder Scrolls games prove you wrong. Of course, you can play those games 3rd person, but it's not ideal. I do agree CP2077 should have switchable 1st/3rd perspectives. I like 1st and hate 3rd, but a lot of people disagree and I respect that.

I play on an Xbox One X and I waited to play until patch 1.11 came out. I played for a few hours at launch and it was unplayable for the reason you mentioned, in addition to the graphic/audio glitches, the extreme lag, etc. I just couldn't play it and seriously contemplated getting a refund. In the end I decided to play other games while I waiting for the patches. I've since put over 100 hours into the game and have 2 playthroughs, one as a nomad and recently as a street kid. I can honestly say it was fun and exciting, so much so during my nomad playthrough I had to try it as a street kid (the outcome of that is another story and left me feeling flat). The bottom line is though that the game played 100 better with 1.11. I'm curious to know if you're playing on a base Xbox One and not the X.

For me the fun of an RPG is the choice. Like choosing to talk my way through an encounter or by pitting two parties against each other, or researching to find fun methods of completing quests like in the fallout games. In this game it's just listen to dialogue, go to quest marker, kill everybody, repeat. It's just boring.

Then you should probably stick to pen and paper RPGs for the time being, because the tech to create fully voice acted games with these mechanics doesn't exist yet.

It's not his/her fault the game is a joke of a release like Fallout 76 was.
It was advertised would run ok on old gen consoles.
The fault lies entirely on CDPR.
Shifting the blame is really not ok.

I wasn't shifting blame, just making a little joke.

But yeah, running decade old hardware is going to have serious limitations.
Post automatically merged:

Then you should probably stick to pen and paper RPGs for the time being, because the tech to create fully voice acted games with these mechanics doesn't exist yet.

Untrue. It exists, it's just expensive and time consuming to make it convincing to the player. We could probably do away with voice actors and use synthesized voices working off a transcript of various lines, or combining/creating lines on the fly to form unique dialog based on circumstances. But it will cost money and take a lot of time and effort to code and tweak to make it seem natural.

The systems exist, look at JALI. There are lots of existing technologies like that that can be integrated into games to increase interactivity and player choice exponentially.

Top Bottom