Cyberpunk 2077 still running in the Background, after I exited game(Over Hour Out of it)

+
I exited game earlier, did a walk for 1hr, came back. Had my Task Manager open, noticed the 2077 was still running eating up memory. I've been out of the game for over hour(Walk & made brunch).

I am curious if this what's causing massive memory eating/overheating of my PC.

This has only happened on one occasion for me.
I could hear it while i watched another random YT vid. I opened task manager and CB2077 wasnt even there on the list. I could never get it to quit.

I ended up rebooting the comp and its never occurred again.

This happen to me yesterday, I close the game and come to sleep, today I open Discord and come to me the status displayed Playing Cyberpunk 2077, the game was running in the task manager (I didn't turn off my computer). Almost 10 hours added to my record in GOG for this issue. xD

Same here. But only one single time (I check every time since this happened).

Maybe a part of the game stuck in a process? Could be anything.

I've encountered this issue three times but you can just kill the process in the task manager and it's all fine the next time you play so not really a big problem...

Last edited:
I've encountered this issue three times but you can't just kill the process in the task manager and it's all fine the next time you play so not really a big problem...

You can't kill it?

What OS are you on? I have no problems with killing it. It says 'Cyberpunk 2077'. You right click and chose 'Terminate Process'.

Yes, basically they didn't closed and clean up (release) all the memory you have and have a dead process hanging there. very typical bug for a home-made game engine.

You can't kill it?

What OS are you on? I have no problems with killing it. It says 'Cyberpunk 2077'. You right click and chose 'Terminate Process'.

My single experience with that was, after killing the process....the background sound remained. ( character screen background noise)

The only way i was able to get rid of it was a system reboot. It happened one time and so far hasnt occurred again.

You can't kill it?

Sorry I was writing the sentence in another way and forgot to remove the " 't" after modifying it. Yeah you can just kill the process and move on with your life like nothing happened, that is what I wanted to say

Happens to me from time to time in GoG version as well... and man that leave it running for like 10 minutes more just to give gog client opportunity to synchronize saved game data or finish writing it to disk, just to be sure no surprises appear next time i run it.

Top Bottom