Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
First off, Sardukhar, Love the avatar.
Second, Im really not thinking that this is going to come out any sooner then Q4 2017 to Q1-2 2018. No proof, just gut feeling.
That being said I hope I'm wrong. Next gen has been out for a year and TW3 has been delayed twice. Idk if that is just the technical aspect of working with new consoles or if it is due to content/de-bugging but you have to think that some of that might bleed into CP2077. I know they said TW3 hasn't affected CP and I believe them, but 6 some-odd months of delay for TW3. :sad:
I'm not trying to bring down the good vibrations, I'm just trying to get my head out of the clouds hoping for 2016-17 release.
View attachment 9463

Attachments

• tumblr_mdewwbKHE41ruhtja.jpg
    tumblr_mdewwbKHE41ruhtja.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I'd agree with that time estimate. No earlier than 2017, that's what I think. 2018 is a real possibility.

I'd be surprised at 2018. Fall 2016 could be the goal, at worst it should be summer 2017. I hope they completed pre-production with the small team and when experienced open world wild hunt veterans joins them they go full gallop :D

A lot of this really depends on how much work they have already been doing up till this point. Seeing as there are some aspect of game development that does not really need to be used through out the entire process of the game development.

Which should mean that the people who do not need to work constantly on the new Witcher game, will probably be working on Cyberpunk instead. I think that is what most big gaming companies do... move people around between projects, depending on what is and is not needed at that moment in the primary one they are working on.

That's the way any programming related job works.
You have your primary project, but if (when) you reach a point where you can't progress because you have to wait on someone else to finish something you shift to another project (or assist someone else with theirs) until what you need is available.
I'm assuming almost all the basic art and coding is done for W3 and it's primarily QA bug hunting at the moment. It may take QA five minutes to find a problem that will take a coder days to fix, but FAR more probable is it will take QA hours/days to find something the coders can fix in munutes (assuming the person that wrote the code in the first place is still available, if not change that to hours).

first: Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Cheers :)

QUOTE=braindancer12;1503107]and yeah there isnt much news about the game but you can read everything we know at the moment, here

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/27086-(unofficial)-Cyberpunk-2077-Known-Features-Thread

have you already seen the video with Mike Pondsmith, the creator of cyberpunk 2020, talking about the world? If not take a look, it creates a great hype....
[/QUOTE]

I will check out both the thread and the video, which I haven't seen before. Mind it's probably not a good idea to get hyped when it's a long way off.

Guest 3826446

time is relative. only heard about this as I have been studying since 2010. fascinating to see where this goes.

Really interested to see what this is all about.... I have an idea who the chick MAY be, but I will stay "mum" until more information is released. Lol.

Kaebus2196

Well it's not Alt, we can be sure of that. But I don't know any other unique females of the universe yet :p still looking for reading material honestly. I have the official 2020 rulebook but that's all.

I wouldn't say that it has been delayed. I think it was simply announced that they will be working on a title in this universe and they did a little mock up exhibition trailer to get people to notice the studio for this project.

They have been going full on with their other ip and it has been an awesome release so i think now that that is done they will start to work on cp2077. I have not herd anything at the recent/ongoing E3 so i would expect a presence for next year possible release 4rth quater 2016 (if e3 presence that year or 1st/2nd quarter 2017. I think they have set themselves up with the ground work in the last years and they have things sorted to start work shortly.

played witcher and watched cyberpunk trailer and come to 2 conclusions

1: teach the damn forum to recognise the word witcher

2: the cdpr staff really REALLY need girlfriends ;)

Kaebus2196

So today is 2015. So this game is still under development and will release 62 years later, on year 2077 ?

I vote for a re-release in 2077. But we still need this soon-to-come release so that we have something to play in the meantime.

yes game will be released in 2077, when december 31st 2076 comes, @ 23:59:59 time will start going backwards and release date will be delayed unfortunately :/

but srsly ther was no leaks or anything, is it so great or is there just nothing to show yet

Kaebus2196

but srsly ther was no leaks or anything, is it so great or is there just nothing to show yet

I've personally thought about that as well, where their entire focus has been on The Witcher (which respectively is better to focus on one at a time than two games), however judging by the CDPR's personality, I believe they really mean to make Cyberpunk 2077 a great release. They've mentioned recently that they plan for it to be a better marketable success than the Witcher 3, which could mean one of two things.

1) They know a somewhat small group of people (compared to the Witcher audience) are waiting to see more of Cyberpunk, and to help ease their tension they said this to buy themselves more time when it should have had more information released sooner.

OR

2) They really do intend to make this game present a unique atmosphere both true to the original sight that Mike Pondsmith envisioned and appealing to today's RPG audience.

I like to go with the second possibility myself of course, and I do believe that they are putting much effort into providing us a more than impressive product within a genre that has been neglected by the recent developers in the gaming industry. Really, only Deus Ex comes to mind for recent Cyberpunk-esque games. Hard Reset was a nice small development, and the cityscape looked spot on fantastic, but the story was more or less bland and the gameplay was even more so since it was merely a shooter against waves of robots. There was Mirror's Edge and Syndicate, but they really set their own style rather than borrowing from Cyberpunk, which is entirely acceptable. I just prefer the dark eerieness of Mike Pondsmith's imagination.

Seeing as the man himself is a part of the 2077 project, I am hoping they bring it all together.

I do think that any game maker out there do intend to make the best game they can, no matter what setting it may be... so as such I don't think that their intentions with CP2077 is any different then it is with Witcher... in both cases I am sure they just want to make the best thing they can.

Secondly, I belive that CDPR deliberatly decided to pick a Sci-Fi setting as their second IP, so that just like companies like for example Bioware, Bethesda, and Obsidian Entertainment, they can jump back and forth between very different kinds of settings. Because I am sure it can become pretty tiring, and boring, to just constantly do the same kind of setting over and over again. So by shifting back and forth between a Fantasy setting, and a Sci-Fi setting, the people working at CDPR get a break from each setting every couple or more years.

Top Bottom