Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
Hopefully the wait isn't going to be as long as the pnp v3. If i remember right it was a ~7 year gap between announcement and delivery

As I recall Mikes current project, aside from collaborating with CDPR on CP2077, is a Mekton update/upgrade.

I am calling that you play either the chick or the guy, and they are Blade Runner-type android android-hunters. And this connects to the Witcher because the Witcher himself was a monster who hunted monsters.

I am calling that you play either the chick or the guy, and they are Blade Runner-type android android-hunters. And this connects to the Witcher because the Witcher himself was a monster who hunted monsters.

Not really, what we saw in the trailer is just a small part of the game.

"There are nine classes - known as Roles - to pick from in the game. They are Cop, Corporate (businessman), Fixer (dealer-type), Media, Netrunner (hacker), Nomad (gypsy warrior), Rockerboy (rebel rockers!), Solo (assassin) and Techie (renegade doctors and mechanics)."

Not really, what we saw in the trailer is just a small part of the game.

"There are nine classes - known as Roles - to pick from in the game. They are Cop, Corporate (businessman), Fixer (dealer-type), Media, Netrunner (hacker), Nomad (gypsy warrior), Rockerboy (rebel rockers!), Solo (assassin) and Techie (renegade doctors and mechanics)."
No, no, no, no ... that trailer was a "what we'd like to create" ad for talent not actual in-game footage. If you expect that level of detail from a console, or even most PCs you're kidding yourself. Heck in 2013 there wasn't even a game to create in-game footage from.

No, no, no, no ... that trailer was a "what we'd like to create" ad for talent not actual in-game footage. If you expect that level of detail from a console, or even most PCs you're kidding yourself. Heck in 2013 there wasn't even a game to create in-game footage from.

I was talking about characters, and the Psycho Squad action that we saw in the trailer is just a small part of the game, not the graphics.

I was talking about characters, and the Psycho Squad action that we saw in the trailer is just a small part of the game, not the graphics.

It may not even be in the game. The trailer was, as pointed out, a job advert. They hadn't done much on the game at the time.

I -think- what Strom means is that what you see in the trailer is a small part of the PnP. Which it is. They went to no small effort to show Max Hammerman quotes, to show Alt Cunningham, Dynatech, Arasaka, C-SWAT, etc.

So what you see in the trailer is a small part of the gameworld. We might see some of it or none of it. IIRC, they said somewhere the girl is not in the final game . But who knows now?

So what you see in the trailer is a small part of the gameworld. We might see some of it or none of it. IIRC, they said somewhere the girl is not in the final game . But who knows now?
The girl was a real life model, and as such her likeness was paid for when she did the trailer. To add her to the game means she'd be due financial compensation for the use of her likeness. So no, I don't expect to see her in the game.

If this game turns out to be anything like The Witcher trilogy we are in for a real treat. This is currently top of my list of most anticipated games for 2017. :victory:

Sardukhar;n3254503 said:
More of a job ad than a trailer. Trailer also told you when it would be released.

Oh no doubt about that.

I have go back to the teaser, and I have been paying attention to of what Marcin Iwinski said in reveal of the game tittle about "Maybe you'll find some clues..."

So I took my time to try and find the clues. And I have found some interesting numbers, most of them are in between 2077. They all happen in 0:10 seconds of the video.

The numbers are:
2 1

0 0

4 3

8 1 1

2 3 2

1 1 1

Numbers in between 2077

1 4 2

5 3 1 or 5 0 3 1 (depending if you count the 0 of 2077 with them)

5 3 3 or 5 0 3 3 ""

7 1 1 or 7 0 1 1 ""

1 3 6 or 1 0 3 6 ""

1 7 1 or 1 0 7 1 ""

6 1 4 or 6 0 1 4 ""

9 2

Those last numbers got me thinking. Because, they appear with no other numbers between the 2077. Perhaps we have to match them with the current numbers?
Like so:

9 0 2 7

2 0 0 7 <--- doesn't seem right?

7 0 7 7

Something tells me that this are not release dates, but maybe the days that they been working on the game and or perhaps the counting days before reveal and or close to release.

P.s. So long.

You know ... the more I think about it the more I absolutely love the theme of the music CDPR chose for this teaser/job advert (I'm intentionally not calling it a trailer).

Personal responsibility.

That's a theme virtually no one these days dares to touch for fear of SJW (Social Justice Warrior) backlash. The idea of a game built with that as it's core theme makes me less lonely. And the inevitable controversy that would result from making a players character responsible for the decisions the player makes for them during the game strikes me as a topic too long ignored in games.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7317020 said:
You know ... the more I think about it the more I absolutely love the theme of the music CDPR chose for this teaser/job advert (I'm intentionally not calling it a trailer).

Personal responsibility.

That's a theme virtually no one these days dares to touch for fear of SJW (Social Justice Warrior) backlash. The idea of a game built with that as it's core theme makes me less lonely. And the inevitable controversy that would result from making a players character responsible for the decisions the player makes for them during the game strikes me as a topic too long ignored in games.

What the "Personal responsibility" line suggests to me, is that, well, Cyberpunk has a mechanic of Humanity loss that makes you a violent psycho when you get augmented. I'd imagine that in such a world, and a cyberpunk world where the media are important, we may have people making a case that they aren't accountable for the crimes that they are making because their cybernetics make them do it. Or something.

Well ... CP2020 was written in the early 80's before this whole "everyone is responsible but me" thing got epidemic so when reading the material I don't get the feeling "the cybernetics made me do it" would get you very far. And that's ignoring that chances are the Psycho Squad just shot you on the spot so it never came to trial.

Yeah, I think the trailer clearly showed that regardless of the reason for your cyber, once you lose it, the Squad puts you down. Whether you made the choice or not, by the time bodies are on the street, you are going to Pay.

Top Bottom