Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
1080p gave me goosebumps. I'm really hyped right now and I hope to hear more details about the game soon. Good job CDP RED, good job T. Baginski.

Yngh

Forum veteran
Somebody posted a high-res version of the message. Check it here:

This probably means that the Witcher 3 will be announced on 5th in February BTW ;).

Very interesting stuff! Can't wait to see what the actual gameplay is like as I'm unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk universe.

Awesome trailer :D

Quick question: Will you guys create a fake website domain for www.militech.com ? I just noticed it on the side of his barrel saying "AVAILABLE FREE AT MILITECH.COM" :p Just wondering, since it's anyways a very nice little detail to add.

Militech seems to be a weapons manufacturer since the guy's gun is called MILITECH 12 GA AUTO and it appears also during the news flash in the lower right corner, so I guess it's some big company :) Love details like these

Somebody posted a high-res version of the message.

someone posted it (Witcher 2 forum) already in a text format

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! : ) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so lets begin!

First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser we'll have a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever--OK, maybe that sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh--and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project send us your application right now! carreers@cdprojektred.com

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk Pen&Paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality hmm we'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new! We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about : ) on the 5th of February, it will be all clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it? : )

CD Projekt RED Team

For those who haven't played the tabletop game: Night City's Psychosquad (MAX-TAC) is a special police unit that responds to situations involving cyborgs that go crazy (cyberpsychosis). They often "recruit" from the pool of cyborgs that go crazy, by reprogramming them to serve in the Psychosquad and save people to pay for their former crimes. That's what you're seeing in the trailer. It's playback of how a female MAX-TAC officer became part of the squad.

"Memories. You're talking about memories."

Ah, thanks for the explanation :D I recognized that it was her but I wondered why she'd become a cop after that incident :p

This trailer was amazing. It definitely got me interested in what's going on and I really want to know what happened before and after this scene. I can't wait for the full-length trailer :D

Also, right now I'm hoping that cyborg is the main character. First of all she looks like she'd be fun to play as with the blades and the invulnerability to bullets. And secondly it would make for some interesting character development to have her go from mass-murderer to policewoman.

Awesome trailer :D

Quick question: Will you guys create a fake website domain for www.militech.com ? I just noticed it on the side of his barrel saying "AVAILABLE FREE AT MILITECH.COM" :p Just wondering, since it's anyways a very nice little detail to add.

Hee hee, the first thing I did after seeing the gun picture was go to that website XD

I did find this: http://www.militech.net/

It looks suspicious, but alas it is .net, not .com, so I'm thinking it is just coincidence...

Loving all the Blade Runner references. Spinner is probably the coolest sci-fi vehicle I know, right there with DeLorean.

Apart they are not really Blade Runner :) The CyberPunk 2020 PnP was inspired mostly by William Gibson books, more specifically the Neuromancer trilogy. If I remeber correctly (havent play PnP since highschool) there is even William Gibson Freeway in Nightcity :)

Ah, I didn't notice the militech logo on his gun. Militech is actually a company from the original Cyberpunk game.

Am I the only one disappointed with this teaser ?

Is this thing called subtlety even known in CD Projekt offices ?
A slow motion + cops + half naked chick. Was that really the best idea ? Absolutely nothing else came to your minds ? Cyberpunk world is huge and that's all you have got for us ? Characters from two artworks that were presented previously were more interesting than this (especially guy in blue jacket). Ok I get it you guys watched Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell and decided to mix it up. And here we got the most generic cyberpunk that I have ever seen. Not a single thought was put into it. Let's analyze it a little.

First slow mo + cinematography. Maybe if I was 12 I would get excited by the fire coming out of gun barrel in slow motion. Really people ? Really ?
Police in Cyberpunk 2077 is obviously under financed because they were sent to capture a dangerous android/augmented chick (?) with bullets for meat bags. Isn't it retarded ? Shouldn't they be using some kind of electro tranquilizers for robochicks ? Also towel on the chick is obviously bulletproof too.
Flying cars straight from Blade Runner. I love BR but come on, design something new.
The song is nice.
CGI is good

What I'm trying to say is that CDPR is treating it's customers like childish idiots. Don't do that CDPR. I love you but don't treat me like an idiot. I can handle a trailer without shooting and half naked chicks. What i want in return IS A LITTLE SUBTLETY. Why everything in this company must be so ham fisted.

But it's also fault of the fan base. You got too full of yourselves.
Now before you people jump on me let me tell you that I'm complaining because I'm worried about this game. I'm a long time fan of pen and paper Cyberpunk.

Icarus trailer for Deus Ex is prime example how "subtle" looks like. Take notes CDPR. Because... and here you might be surprised... you are not the best developers in the world.

But that's just my opinion.

Am I the only one disappointed with this teaser ?

I enjoyed your analysis, and while I don't agree with a lot of it, I think you raised a lot of interesting points.

For example, maybe you could consider your point about the police a little differently. Maybe the police officers just got a call, some reports about violence, and had to go no matter what?
Maybe they're distracting her so that the psycho-team member could move in.

Also, I am pretty sure the police car was supposed to be a direct reference to Blade Runner. It was supposed to be cool and get you excited and show that CDPR respect the genre. I think this interpretation is more likely. After all, they chose to reference art and characters from the original game.

Dude, I dont get you, really. If you missed all the themed reference to original CP title you should rewrite your brain patterns.

Me and my friends picked the CP2020 as soon as it hit the market and this is exactly how we envisioned the world.. and the heavy oversexualized decadent style of the future...

You missed the story behind the teaser? About an ex-psycho girl who is now a MAX TAC enforcer? How this is the line of humanity? Maybe its just to crude for you to grasp ;)

EDIT:
BTW, yesNCPD is underfinanced if you must know, check to serve and protect sourcebook. Only corporate armies have best equipement at their disposal.

Top Bottom