Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
Also, I recently read again the Night City source book, and stumbled upon a fact that I totally omited for a long time : Night City is not so polluted, thanks to CHOOH2, it really changed the way I described it to my players, and I hope you'll try and see what a "not so polluted" californian future can look like, even in a dark setting ! It's hard to do it without rain and clouds, but it can be very rewarding to have a chance to differentiate from other cyberpunk themed games on this point.

Yeah, CHOOH2 did clean up the fossil fuel emissions from cars...but the general environmental degradation found in Cyberpunk fiction was still present. Great rows of factories, off-gassing spewing into the sky, ionization crackling across the gantries and rooftops as yellow-tinted clouds drift in from the sea...

Even when it's clear in my games, the sun is sharp, cutting, often a too-orange tint to it, and the air smells like burnt metal and dried urine. The blue wavers in the heat, making you doubt it's there at all, and your sinuses, ( if you still have them), ache strangely.

Sight-lines are much too far, even without your x4 amplification from the Kiroshi's. Your leathers looked cracked, old. The seams and gasket in your left arm's coverings are easily apparent and look like the four-year old military replacements they are. The hollowness and desperation in the eyes of your girlfriend before she has her pills is suddenly much too familiar. You aren't lean, you're hungry and it shows.

This is probably why you only go out at night. When the City sparkles and hides the truth from you. You live in the future, sure.

The Dark Future.

oh btw there was a serious lack of neon lights in this trailer
you know when i think of cyberpunk i think of this

if you stretch the definition of cyberpunk a little bit, then you have movies like the matrix, robocop, dredd 3d etc but i think they all have cyberpunk themes or take away some cyberpunk visuals but none of those are "truly" cyberpunk if you know what i mean

You know, now that you mentioned it, in terms of presentation the new Dredd is very much a cyberpunk movie. What's more important, I was trying to pinpont where did I see that guy from the trailer and he's essentially a CP version of Dredd. He even has Karl Urban's grin...

Time to plug in to that Lucidrine Drip Feed and go to town...

Looks beautiful, loved the holopic of Alt! If there's more "teasers" I'd love to see one that tells a story about a Solo like those old PI Detective novels use to (with the awesome visuals as well, of course). Played PnP about 18 years ago, look forward to the day I get to play again... :D

You know, now that you mentioned it, in terms of presentation the new Dredd is very much a cyberpunk movie. What's more important, I was trying to pinpont where did I see that guy from the trailer and he's essentially a CP version of Dread. He even has Karl Urban's grin...

damn you're right
the cool thing is, you probably can play a judge dredd like character in c77 if you skill and equip your character right
it will be glorious

This game has so much potential its unreal! I'm sure CP2077 is still in early stage of development so if you have any doubts about the game, don't!

I am positive CDPR wont release it until they are sure its the best thing since sliced bread! :cool:

Important things about CYBERPUNK 2077:

-- Let others worry about political and sexual correctness
-- Show the real world, tuned up so much that it actually HURTS
-- Between CP2020 and CPv3, put emphasis on CYBERGENERATION (with exception of superpowers, but the concept of the INCORPOIRATED STATES OF AMERICA (I.S.A.) ROCKS(!) and grips your fantasy more than a billion other other CP worlds.

And yeahj, HARDWIRED. Never forget that GEM!

Top Bottom