Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
Corewolf;n8034400 said:
Its worth pointing out too that there are some Shadowrun games (and now Canon in Shadowrun: HK) that imply that certain individuals can chrome up.. kill crazy mindless, but they aren't exactly emotionally complex people either..

CYBERZOMBIE!!!

Err..carry on. Nothing to see here. Lovely trailer, wannit?

I doubt we'll have to wait til 2020. Most probably it will be published next year, maybe towards the end. UNLESS they are stuck with some insourmountable mechanical problems they find difficulty in solving and the issues cant be ditched -like not having flying cars in the game, if they want them in the game, or IDK, customizable/2 gender characters, or smthg as major as this-, I cant imagine the development process lasting more than 5 years...

Only the super major studios (like Sony) can afford doing that (and sometimes they did it, sucessfully, with The Last Guardian, for example). But the large sums of money CDPRED is still making with Witcher 3 wont last forever, and the studio has now between 350-500 people working in the baby... Thats a lot of dollars.

In a recent Polish interview, Michał Kiciński, co-founder of CDP hinted -actually it wasnt him, but other guy who made the remarks) that the time from actually announcing the launch date and the launching per se could well be less than a year, with the caviat that huge sums of money should be invested in publicity, in a relatively "short" period of time. Of course, this should not be taken as anyhing more than rumours, but maybe they are going for a different economic model of development/advertising.

Last edited:
Next year would be a shorter development time then their previous games though... and with CP2077 going to be much larger then even Witcher 3, and them not having done a sci-fi game befor, and it being a compleatly new setting from what they are used to making, and a lot of the other things they have talked about the game which is fairly new to even inovative, etc, I have a hard time thinking that they would churn out this game about a year or so earlier then they did Witcher 3.

And I am certain that they will do what ever it takes to make sure that CP2077 comes out right the first time as well, so even if they maybe internally are looking at a 2018 release I would not be surpriced if they would not have any problems what so ever in increasing the development with a year or even more if they felt that was what would be needed to get to a point where they would feel comfortable with releasing it.

The Witcher 3 was after all delays twice, for something like 6-9 months in total after all. And that second 3 month delay from February 2015, to May 2015, they did even though they had promised that W3 would NOT be delayed a second time. So yeah... if they feel that CP2077 needs more time, they WILL take more time. And if they intend to pull a Fallout 4, then we might never actually get to hear anything at all about any kind of delay.

Last edited:
I am anxiously awaiting Cyberpunk 2077 as well, but I can't imagine the game releasing any time prior to late 2018, at the earliest. Perhaps something will be gleaned during E3 next month, which is scheduled for June 13-15. However, a thorough search of the E3 website shows that CDPR is Not scheduled to attend, nor are any of their games listed, so the best we can hope for is being pleasantly surprised I’m afraid. I do know that the grant CDPR received from the Polish Government came with a deadline date of June 2019 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169834-CD-Projekt-Red-New-Game-2019). However, I'm sure if they needed to extend the date at least once, they can do so without incurring any penalties. I'd rather wait and have the game be the best that it can be anyways, which I believe is the foreseeable prognosis. CDPR is the best and they have my utmost confidence, they have never let me down; yes they delayed the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt twice, but look how amazing it is. I was also blown away by the little thank you note that came with the Witcher 3, they didn't have to do that, but it shows how much they genuinely care about their customers. Regarding the grant funding and the four conditions awarded the money, which converts to roughly $7 million in USD are: seamless multiplayer, cinematic feel, animation excellence and city creation. If this doesn’t have you even more pumped for the game then I don’t know what to tell you. Myself, I'm a little skeptical about the seamless multiplayer, but I am not a fan of multiplayer in general, so I hope it’s an option and not fulltime. Of the four grant topics, I am personally most excited to see what evolves out of the City Creation funding. This game is likely going to be a legitimate reason to invest in a 4k television, the graphics are going to be that good.

I mean i do beleive that we will have this game in 2018. Maybe later in 2018 if delayed. Theyve been working on this game for a long time. Yes they have never done sci fi before but i dont think the genre of game is going to inpact the dev time. They said that witcher 3 being there first open world game that they learned alot that cyberpunk 2077 would benefit from. Also theyve had a small separate team working on this since 2013 laying all the groundwork for the advanced devolopment. But what really interests me is the teaser trailer esp the part that says the games release date is 2015. Kinda odd considering the witcher released in 2015 and that they actually announced cyberpunk 2077 first. I think this game was originally going to be done using the redengine3 and then they realized that what they wanted to accomplish with this game required an upgraded engine...and so the red engine4 was created to carry the load of a more technically demanding game. Thus the delay. But i think well def be playing this game next year. My prediction is that well start hearing about it in oct-nov and the game released in may 2018. Just like witcher and right before e3 2018.

And theres 1 more thing i wanted to share to add to the hope. I think its a general consensus that the hidden message in the teaser trailer def said 2015. Now i know they said that its more like when its ready...but the just the fact that they were even considering 2015 as a possible release date at the very least hints that they were working on this game alot more than people think back then. LOL sorry i think about this alot. It has literally become an obsession. If i could come up with an algorithm to find out a definate release window i would. Just watched blade runner and its got my f*ckin hyped as $hit.

DarthRaver8686;n8566720 said:
But what really interests me is the teaser trailer esp the part that says the games release date is 2015.

Last I checked... it says
Coming..........When it's ready.

Who's to say there's some hidden code at all?

It been almost 4 year later and I get to reply, man oh man. It like I am from the future looking at the past :spooked:.
Anyway, I have my very high doubt why the old PS4 and Xbox One can handle awesomely presence of Cyberpunk 2077.
If you are in the know, CD-PROJEKT RED has upgraded from REDengine 3 to 4! That is the Good New. Also Good News in 2017 is! :drumroll:
PLAY STATION: release PS-VR back in October 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0e8O3f9W6E
XBOX: Project Scorpio back in June 2016 release some where in 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dRgWpGePs .
Maybe by 2019, you know. Just saying.
Update: Hope CD Projekt RED optimized Cyberpunk 2077 amazingly, while Microsoft and Sony step up their console by early 2019.

​​​​​​​
MadqueenShow;n8650820 said:
Optimization is key. Did you play Horizon Zero Dawn? When I uploaded pics on Twitter everybody was asking if I had the Pro version of the PS4, but it was just an awesome optimization.

Thanks You for reply MadqueenShow! Yes indeed, I heard of the best graphic possible from Horizon ZeroDawn, and continue to hope this is only the beginning.

Last edited:
Heh, today at a conference after quarterly earnings presentation, CDPR's CEO stated that the "promotional campaign is already planned. Part of it is surprise, so I cannot say when it's going to happen. After all, it has to be surprising." So I'm guessing the campaign will launch not long before the release, and that until that happens we won't get to know anything new.

DesFrSpace;n8608210 said:
It been almost 4 year later and I get to reply, man oh man. It like I am from the future looking at the past :spooked:.
Anyway, I have my very high doubt why the old PS4 and Xbox One can handle awesomely presence of Cyberpunk 2077.
If you are in the know, CD-PROJEKT RED has upgraded from REDengine 3 to 4!

Optimization is key. Did you play Horizon Zero Dawn? When I uploaded pics on Twitter everybody was asking if I had the Pro version of the PS4, but it was just an awesome optimization.

darcler;n8624070 said:
Heh, today at a conference after quarterly earnings presentation, CDPR's CEO stated that the "promotional campaign is already planned. Part of it is surprise, so I cannot say when it's going to happen. After all, it has to be surprising." So I'm guessing the campaign will launch not long before the release, and that until that happens we won't get to know anything new.

I just heard that, and I must say I'm shocked that people is not hysterical with the news hahaha

Yo im trying to keep my composure but something is def going on. Theyve hired marketing managers now and people to change the website....not too mention that on the subreddit cyberpunkgame mike pondsmith himself posts alot and in his last comment from the other day he said its his last comment on the boards for a while cuz hes going "radio silent". He said that some projects are "ramping up" and life is getting busy. Not sure if hes talking about cp2077 but it sure sounded like it. I think somethings gonna happen soon. N im not saying E3 but wouldnt that be crazy if that was the surprise?

DarthRaver8686;n8655560 said:
Yo im trying to keep my composure but something is def going on. Theyve hired marketing managers now and people to change the website....not too mention that on the subreddit cyberpunkgame mike pondsmith himself posts alot and in his last comment from the other day he said its his last comment on the boards for a while cuz hes going "radio silent". He said that some projects are "ramping up" and life is getting busy. Not sure if hes talking about cp2077 but it sure sounded like it. I think somethings gonna happen soon. N im not saying E3 but wouldnt that be crazy if that was the surprise?

I would not be compleatly surpriced if the reason he is going radio silent, and that the project which is ramping up etc, might be the new edition for the Cyberpunk pen and paper RPG that he is making. Because I do seem to recall having read somewhere that shortly after CP2077 was announced back in late 2012, info also came out that Pondsmith was also going to make a new edition of the PnP RPG.

And to me it seems fairly logical to have the new Cyberpunk PnP RPG come out befor CP2077. For one it would probably move the ingame story forward to the 2070's, and give backstory to what has happened in the world since the previous games... lay part of the groundwork for what CP2077's world will be and all.

I very much doubt we're going to hear anything worthwhile about CP2077 this year. The devs were pretty clear that this year they're gonna focus on Gwent.

Ya but they also said the games announcement/reveal will be a surprise. So the fact that they said 2017 is the year of gwent doesnt mean squat. In 2014 Bethesda game studios said that fallout 4 didnt exist. And in 2015 we were playing it. Not to mention cdpr admires the way bgs handled fallout 4s reveal and short marketing campaign before launch and is going to copy it. how many people here would be surprised if the game came out in 2019 or 2020?? No one!! The surprise is its coming earlier than everyone thinks.

Top Bottom