CyberPunk 2077 The Movie - Casting Call- who would play your 'V'?

+
I only play female characters in games and don't much fixate on male actors so my suggestions will only cover Lady V... but if you were the Director of 'Cyberpunk 2077 - The Movie' who would you want to play V.. and why? Would it be some 'A' Lister box office big name or some little known but credibly powerful performance actor...? Comment on male or female V as you please or even expand the brief to other major characters in Night City if you wish... it's all in good fun...

My 2 votes for 'Miss V' go to:

1. Ruby Rose (Batwoman, SAS Red Notice, etc) the in-game voice for V is a virtual 'dead ringer' for Ruby's gravel voice and pattern of speech, she's alternative, tough looking, striking appearance in exotic leathers, realistic in fight sequences, supremely adept at the 'merc/hero' speech and swagger act, with a touch of the dark side... and altogether credible (to me) as a moody, sexually charged androgynous Night City mercenary with tech, gadgets, guns, blades and wonderful cyberpunk costumes, speeding on a neon motorcycle or at the wheel of a neo kitsch supercar

2. Gina Carano (Haywire, Mandalorian, MMA, etc ) tougher looking and more stocky than Ruby, but again she's got the face, 'V' style voice and manner of curt and expressive speech, in 'Haywire' her merc character exemplified the 'V' model, highly variable costume looks, again leather clad on a mean motorbike, adept at MMA martial arts, credibly deadly and adept at combat moves even against male opponents, says little, acts fast, delivers on intensity, appeals to both sexes, tough talking bruiser yet smooth if a little constrained looking in a dress... the 'thinking woman's Daniel Craig'....I can see her easily being 'V' and making the role memorable...

that's my virtual casting selection, now over to you...

Last edited:
I think V can be play by any great actors, but also need to depend on a more specific life background AKA specific lifepaths. So maybe something like this:

Nomad V
+ Male
- Iko Uwais (Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins, The Night Comes for Us, Headshot, The Raid 2, The Raid: Redemption).
- Winston Duke (Avengers: Endgame, Us, Black Panther).
- Christian Navarro (13 Reasons Why, Vinyl, Rosewood).

+ Female
- Simone Missick (Altered Carbon, Luke Cage, The Defenders).
- Julia Jones (Westworld, Wind River).
- Devery Jacobs (American Gods).

StreetKid V
+ Male
- Rami Malek (No Time to Die, Mr. Robot, Blackout, Bohemian Rhapsody)
- Gang Dong-Won (Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula, Inrang Wolf Brigade, Master)
- Gavin Drea (Vikings: Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Rebellion)

+ Female
- Rosa Salazar (Undone, Alita: Battle Angel, Bird Box)
- Gina Carano (The Mandalorian, Deadpool, Fast & Furious 6, Haywire)
- JeeJa Yanin (Triple Threat, Raging Phoenix, Chocolate)

Corpo V:
+ Male
- Takeru Satoh (Rurouni Kenshin, Hard-Core, Inuyashiki, Goemon)
- Ansel Elgort (Tokyo Vice, Baby Driver, The Fault in Our Stars)
- John David Washington (Tenet, Ballers, BlacKkKlansman)

+ Female
- Olivia Munn (The Rook, The Predator, X-Men: Apocalypse)
- Julie Estelle (The Raid 2, Headshot, The Night Comes for Us)
- Antje Traue (Dark, Man of Steel)

On the side note. Last year, I made a thread of Cyberpunk 2077 movie director choices instead. Might be something that you interested:
Choosing a Film Director for Cyberpunk (2077) movie/show

& yes, I still would picked "Gareth Evans" for Cyberpunk 2020s or Cyberpunk 2077 movie/show. he proved himself to be a solid crime drama writer & action film director in recent "Gangs of London" & I can't wait for his next movie "HAVOC" (starring Tom Hardy). I really recommend people watch "Gangs of London" 'cause it has so much flairs that would easily become a great "Cyberpunk Crime Drama" show with some stylistic & setting changes.

"CYBERPUNK 2077 THE MOVIE - CASTING CALL- WHO WOULD PLAY YOUR 'V'?"

I would choose Alina Popa, world champion female bodybuilder for animation and motion capture, as I just love female bodybuilders, (game devs should ask them a lot more), and Stephanie Lemelin to voice female V, as I just loved her voice in Sunset Overdrive.

I think V can be play by any great actors, but also need to depend on a more specific life background AKA specific lifepaths. So maybe something like this:

Nomad V
+ Male
- Iko Uwais (Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins, The Night Comes for Us, Headshot, The Raid 2, The Raid: Redemption).
- Winston Duke (Avengers: Endgame, Us, Black Panther).
- Christian Navarro (13 Reasons Why, Vinyl, Rosewood).

+ Female
- Simone Missick (Altered Carbon, Luke Cage, The Defenders).
- Julia Jones (Westworld, Wind River).
- Devery Jacobs (American Gods).

StreetKid V
+ Male
- Rami Malek (No Time to Die, Mr. Robot, Blackout, Bohemian Rhapsody)
- Gang Dong-Won (Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula, Inrang Wolf Brigade, Master)
- Gavin Drea (Vikings: Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Rebellion)

+ Female
- Rosa Salazar (Undone, Alita: Battle Angel, Bird Box)
- Gina Carano (The Mandalorian, Deadpool, Fast & Furious 6, Haywire)
- JeeJa Yanin (Triple Threat, Raging Phoenix, Chocolate)

Corpo V:
+ Male
- Takeru Satoh (Rurouni Kenshin, Hard-Core, Inuyashiki, Goemon)
- Ansel Elgort (Tokyo Vice, Baby Driver, The Fault in Our Stars)
- John David Washington (Tenet, Ballers, BlacKkKlansman)

+ Female
- Olivia Munn (The Rook, The Predator, X-Men: Apocalypse)
- Julie Estelle (The Raid 2, Headshot, The Night Comes for Us)
- Antje Traue (Dark, Man of Steel)

On the side note. Last year, I made a thread of Cyberpunk 2077 movie director choices instead. Might be something that you interested:
Choosing a Film Director for Cyberpunk (2077) movie/show

& yes, I still would picked "Gareth Evans" for Cyberpunk 2020s or Cyberpunk 2077 movie/show. he proved himself to be a solid crime drama writer & action film director in recent "Gangs of London" & I can't wait for his next movie "HAVOC" (starring Tom Hardy). I really recommend people watch "Gangs of London" 'cause it has so much flairs that would easily become a great "Cyberpunk Crime Drama" show with some stylistic & setting changes.
You have put a lot of thought into this, thanks, great casting suggestions; excellent how you broke it down into different lifepaths...your male suggestions were also really interesting...real talking points, and yes I saw 'Gangs of London' and it was excellent in so many ways...

Last edited:
Whenever I look at my Male Vs (I have two with basically the same face - Corpo and Nomad), I think of Ricky Whittle. So that's who I'd say for mine. I think Ricky could play either life path pretty well, too.

Bump... thanks to those who have responded but come on let's have more of you with some suggestions, don't tell me you haven't thought about Night City as a movie?

V might as well just be a CGI character. He/she would only be on the screen about 5 minutes before being replaced by KR, who would then remain the main character throughout the movie. I can't see anyone making a movie based on this story though.

Forbidden to make fun of me :D
I recently re-watch Time Out. And i don't know why, but it seem to me that Justin Timberlake would be perfect in Street Kid V.

Didn't they already make this movie? Except that it was called Ghost in the Shell?

The animated ones (including Stand Alone Complex) were far better than the live action ScarJo movie IMO though.

I can picture Anne Hathaway as my Corpo V quite easily.

vlcsnap-2021-02-05-15h32m50s690.png

Didn't they already make this movie? Except that it was called Ghost in the Shell?

The animated ones (including Stand Alone Complex) were far better than the live action ScarJo movie IMO though.
the old GITS anime movie has a very different philosophical messages & connotations though compare to Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk 2077 also much more western cyberpunk, while GITS is rather eastern/Japan neo-military Cyberpunk (Appleseed, MGS, etc), especially with recent ones. Even then, there are plenty of Japanese Cyberpunk series (anime/manga/novels) that much more different than popular ones like GITS & Akira.

Let's say, there is a new anime (sequel season) called MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD, that much more like a Cyberpunk 2077 version of Nomad & SK blended together in boxing world. Note that "Megalobox" itself actually a spiritual remake of Ashita no Joe

then we get the upcoming anime called "Sabikui Bisco" that visually looks like Post Apocalyptic Cyberpunk on acid trip with Nomad Mad Max style LOL

Guest 4400165

Male V (Nomad or StreetKid) - John Bernthal is a great match. He can do V's accent, very similar voices (his is lower, though), default male V model kinda looks like him, too, but, a little less...you know, brutal. He, probably, can be pretty flexible as an actor.

I guess the guy who did the voice over for male V in English (Gavin Drea) could play him, too, obviously, but I just can't see it (not meaning that he can't).

Female V - now that's a tough one, but I wouldn't put a female bodybuilder in that role. There is a shard in the game, that has an interview with some reporter and one Animal leader (forgot her name), could be a nice cameo for someone "beefy".

Good topic. I think for a male V , two actors come to mind. 'Timothee Chalamet' or more of the wall, 'Robert Sheehan'. Both are younger actors and have an established film history behind them for a variety of roles.

Top Bottom