Cyberpunk 2077 trailer on thursday!!!

+
GibbGeralt said:
1,200,000. Wow. This game is gonna get a lot of attention.

I'm still confused at how it got to that point though. If you look at all of CDPR's other videos, they're in the 50,000 range. Did Youtube put this on their front page or something? That's the only explanation i can think of.

Its going to be a sandbox and the only sandbox rpg I can think of in the future. I think that appeals to ALOT of people especially if they are tired of the bad writing of Elder Scrolls. I just hope CDPR can deliver on the great gameplay which in my opinion has been the weakest part in bother Witcher 1 and 2.

Not to mention cyberpunk is getting more and more popular as a genre (see all the movies that came out recently, for example). I think it has a far more broader appeal than dark fantasy like The Witcher.

Chromie92 said:
I just hope CDPR can deliver on the great gameplay which in my opinion has been the weakest part in bother Witcher 1 and 2.
Weakest but still pretty decent, but I have to agree. I'm sure they have learnt from their mistakes of W1&W1 and we finally get a game as close to perfect as possible.
Hope for the best, but also be ready for a bit worse...

Wow, over 2 million views already? I did expect them to break the 1 million in a month or so, but in simply few days this is really impressive!

Dona said:
Not to mention cyberpunk is getting more and more popular as a genre (see all the movies that came out recently, for example). I think it has a far more broader appeal than dark fantasy like The Witcher.

Yep, definitely a resurgence in the genre. Plus guns. Gamer lover their guns.

From their facebook page.

"Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer has over 2.5 million views on our YouTube channel! We would like to thank you all for your support. There's a new video coming tomorrow. This time, from the creator of the Cyberpunk system himself, Mike Pondsmith. Stay tuned!"

Over 3 million views. The teaser is a fucking phenomenon. CDPR has a tall order to fill with this game. Much more than the Witcher, because CP 2077 will be main stream.

Today is still 14th here dam, and yes as slimgrin said, Cyberpunk 2077 will be more mainsteam so I'm a bit worried to the pressure on the devs. While TW3 relatively has less since they already have goodwill (overall) and an established fanbase

It might get 4 million by the end of this day.

Bloody hell it's amazing how many views it's gotten but considering how popular Mike Pondsmith's work is I guess one shouldn't be so surprised.

The 4 million views certainly wasn't accrued by people who know of Pondsmith. It simply had a chick as a thumbnail, and every now and again those kinds of vids go viral. CDPR certainly hit the jackpot with this trailer, as now an unprecedented amount of people know of CP 2077.

Well, there you go, a game based on books by some obscure author from EE block vs a game based on a global "brand".

I agree that CDPR are hitting the jackpot and this game - if executed well - has a potential of becoming their leading, most profitable and best selling franchise.

the teaser shows a chick with boobs so big that they can be seen from air.

Moderator: Ethnic slur removed. Ethnic slurs have no place here.

Let's also put a little perspective here.

When TW2 came out CDPR was pretty much an unknown company. If in early 2011 you asked people who CD Projekt RED was, they'd have no clue. TW2 has put CDPR into the mainstream of gaming. I won't say to the level of other franchises, but most gamers and especially those who play RPGs know them. Right now they are also highly regarded in the gaming world. So of course there's going to be a lot anticipation for their next game.

On another note, the gameplay should be interesting to see. This will be CDPR's first venture into a shooting type game.

gregski said:
Well, there you go, a game based on books by some obscure author from EE block vs a game based on a global "brand".

I agree that CDPR are hitting the jackpot and this game - if executed well - has a potential of becoming their leading, most profitable and best selling franchise.

It's not just that. It's the reputation CDPR has built, and the timing. Cyberpunk as a genre is set to make a huge resurgence. They're hopping on board at the perfect time, to tap into the right themes that seem to permeate a huge part of western culture right now.

slimgrin said:
It's not just that. It's the reputation CDPR has built, and the timing. Cyberpunk as a genre is set to make a huge resurgence. They're hopping on board at the perfect time, to tap into the right themes that seem to permeate a huge part of western culture right now.

The reputation might be the case too but I don't think that much. Look at the CP2077 forum. There are lots of people that didn't ever play any of (2) CDPR's games.

I agree that it's the timing though. And the fact it's a theme from the western culture, which I kinda mentioned earlier.

And don't even get me started on the requests for a GTA/Sleeping Dogs/Saints Row clone...

Top Bottom