cyberpunk 2077 unreal engine 4 vs unreal engine 5 update

+
Hello! I watched the internet when there will be a cyberpunk 2077 unreal engine 4 vs unreal engine 5 update. When will that be? And what will the game look like then? 3D version or otherwise?

Last edited:
The next game in the Cyberpunk universe will probably be on UE5. The videos on the internet is generaly just tech demos made by other people then CDPR just too show what cp2077 COULD look like if they used Unreal Engine 4-5.

Cp2077 is on RED engine 4 so it will probably never come on UE5.

Last edited:
Its an Expansion too Cp2077. Its still on the same engine as cp2077.

Is this the video you saw? its just a showcase too how Cp2077 would look like if they made it on UE5(its not made by CDPR even). Cp2078 or whatever the next game will be called will be on UE5. But remaking the entire game will not happend! atleast not untill much later.

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-video-unreal-engine-5-what-game-would-look-like/ Read this. Last text How CD Project Red will make the most of Unreal Engine 5's potential for movie-quality visuals remains to be seen, but that should do little to prevent players from still enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 and its recent next-gen update. As a result of the post-launch support of the game received, now of the bugs and shortcomings Cyberpunk 2077 suffered on the release has been fixed, and the game stands tall with its captivating narrative, fun gunplay, and immersive atmosphere. As for new content set in the dark future, players can look forward to a new expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 in 2023.

But why then does the internet show when it will be 2023 next year
assumption :D
To make Cyberpunk 2077 run with Unreal Engine, CDPR should almost "rebuild" the game from the ground (in short make a new game).
So Cyberpunk 2077 will stay on Red Engine, expansion(s) will be on Red Engine. Only the "future" games will be on Unreal Engine :)

assumption :D
To make Cyberpunk 2077 run with Unreal Engine, CDPR should almost "rebuild" the game from the ground (in short make a new game).
So Cyberpunk 2077 will stay on Red Engine, expansion(s) will be on Red Engine. Only the "future" games will be on Unreal Engine :)
But why not be like learity or 3D?

Last edited:
Nothing which is "coded/written" on Red Engine would work on Unreal Engine. It's not like converting a video or a pic...
So don't expect from CDPR to remake the entire game, it would probabaly take years :)
Would be cooler, better if there was a game Cyberpunk 2077 as reality or 3D. More pleasant.

Would be cooler, better if there was a game Cyberpunk 2077 as reality or 3D. More pleasant.
In short CDPR will probably/certainly use Unreal Engine in their next games of The Witcher and Cyberpunk franchises. But Cyberpunk 2077 (the game that we play now) will never run under Unreal Engine nor will receive an "Unreal Engine" update, that's for sure :)

In short CDPR will probably/certainly use Unreal Engine in their next games of The Witcher and Cyberpunk franchises. But Cyberpunk 2077 (the game that we play now) will never run under Unreal Engine nor will receive an "Unreal Engine" update, that's for sure :)
Then it's sad:(:(:(:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:(n)(n)(n). It's not fair(n)(n)(n).
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to see the game as a reality or in 3D.

Last edited:
CP77 in VR will be interesting, but I am not sure it can happen. I am not sure how hard it will be to make, but the game is too big and the headsets number are too low to be a good investment. Not to mention that people will need good enough PCs to run it at 90fps (I think it was 90 for a smooth VR experience?).

CP77 in VR will be interesting, but I am not sure it can happen. I am not sure how hard it will be to make, but the game is too big and the headsets number are too low to be a good investment. Not to mention that people will need good enough PCs to run it at 90fps *I think it was 90 for a smooth VR experience?).
Yea its probably a pipedream as for now. New gfx cards on the way tho and will be hard too get everything going smoothly.

Edit: Could also be a 3d person he means. And that will not happend either im guessing

Not to mention what good PR it will be for VR if a game like CP77 can be played there. As right now except that half life game, they are more like tech demos/small games as far as I know:)

Not to mention what good PR it will be for VR if a game like CP77 can be played there. As right now except that half life game, they are more like tech demos/small games as far as I know:)
I believe there is a mod on nexus to play in VR in Cyberpunk.
Not the "scale" of cyberpunk, but there are "true" games in VR like Subnautica or Skyrim :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom