Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Game crashes so much on xbox it's not possible to have much of an opinion on the game other than it sucks and isn't worth playing until the constant crashing, sputtering, glitching, etc is fixed. Hard to play a game that crashes literally every 10 minutes - and half of the crashes occur during cutscenes or dialogue. Super weak sauce; I knew witcher 3 was a fluke - this game blows.

Cannot say I am super depressed even having 27-57(on the highway only :D) fps time by time. I am more than sad that I see no basic features realized in so big upcoming project like that. Ofc I knew it's way too hyped enough and it won't be excellent 100% cuz I seen too many examples of fallen game projects. But when u see like ALOT basic functions that were realized like in *whatever* mode, then you feel like *dayum! 7-8 years bro, what they spent on ? Even driving a car is worse than in Watchdogs 2. I am interested what you guys from CDPROJECT RED going to do next ? Keep on improving CYBERPUNK 2077 or just switch to another project ?

I am really enjoying the game. I’ve played it for 12 hours. I’m using an RTX2080/8gig vid card, SSD drive, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 32Ghz processor with16gb ram. I updated my drivers last week in anticipation for launch day. I am running with all settings on high except for ray tracing which is set to ultra. This is how it defaulted for me and it was so gorgeous that I saw no reason to push it higher.

The game is running at a consistent 60FPS and looks and runs great. I’m very happy with it.

The characters look amazing and it’s like playing in a movie. Even their movements are fluid and lifelike which is really important to me. The environment is breathtaking and the music, Jesus the music couldn’t be any better I don’t think. I was blown away by it when I first started playing.

I am not a car person so I can’t comment on the vehicles. I can admit to being an absolutely abysmal driver in this game. I don’t know whether it’s me or the game but I’ve killed more people with my car than with any weapon LOL. My car is always a mess because I hit everything in sight and I rarely manage to park it so much as leaving it so jammed up that it won’t move and I have to run down the street a ways to whistle for it in order to unjam it. Driving needs to be part of the PC tutorial I think.

Twelve hours is not enough time for me to judge the quality of the stories or to comment on character progression. I have very high expectations in these regards because this is CD Projekt Red we are talking about and they are the masters at story telling. I do feel their hand upon it so to speak. I am enjoying Jack’s company, love that he calls me Chica and the way that he is always hungry and talking about food. He’s a big lug of a guy but you can already see his sensitive side.

I love CDPR’s sense of humor and it keeps me coming back for more. Not only do they make me laugh out loud while playing their games, I often log off with a big grin on my face and a happy glow that lasts for an hour or so. That is the bones of a quality game to me. Make me love the characters, laugh and cry for them and never want to see them go. They can polish the game over time, I’m good with flouncing around in the trash for awhile until they make it all right.

I can’t wait to meet Johnny in the game but at the same time, I want to go slow. I expect that this title may revolutionize gaming and I want to be there on day one to witness it and I want to let the taste of it linger in and permeate through my mind.

The most notable thing I’ve seen is the stripper hologram. It was mind blowing to me. Tastefully done, incredibly sexy and made me feel like I was in the future. Loved it.

What I don’t like is the almost complete lack of tutorial in such a complex environment. I don’t care for having to leave a scene to go look up spoilers. A good game will train you up without the need to do that. That said, I’d much prefer to have the game now, warts and all, rather than to have to wait longer to get my hands on it. I’ll figure it all out eventually and as long as the bugs aren’t game breaking I’m ok with those too. So far I have only seen one and it was a just a brief texture/graphic glitch on an NPC, no biggie.

Overall I am thrilled with Cyberpunk but as I said, it’s too soon to comment on the things that actually matter most to me. I have confidence in CDPR though. Witcher3 had all of these issues at release and when they were done, a year and two expansions later, it was the best video game of all time. I expect that this one will be the same.

[...] when will you address the long list of issues.

Cyberpunk seems to be a decent game, which suffers from a rushed bad launch.

Possibly a data crunch coders revenge on the company management.

Putting it simply I'll never again pre-order any game, as it encourages developers to deliver an unfinished, unpolished, untested product too early. I did that with Warhammer Age of Reckoning Online and I did that with BF4, just as I did that with Sponge Bob Square pants and Cyberpunk. You know what... the only one that wasn't a disappointment was the Sponge Bob.

I play on an older powerhorse i7-965x PC so there is a multitude of errors in CyberPunk 2077. Which weighs on the overall experience, but most of these said errors and glitches don't seem to be game-breaking more like immersion-breaking hiccups that could and probably will be resolved by CDP in the foreseeable future. Thou I must admit the the AVX compatibility is a big oversight on their part, as there seem to be still a lot of people with older powerhorse cpus who didn't upgrade to new machines simply because their good old powerhorses are still running 99% of games flawlessly. This is the 2nd time I encountered the AVX issue with a game and the other game was Children of Orc https://store.steampowered.com/app/544840/Children_of_Orc

I . So the first one I encountered was the AVX crash after tutorial in a bar, as soon as I left the pub game would crash on me in exactly the same spot.

So far to my understanding, this hasn't been resolved by CPR and I managed to bypass it by running the game with a user modified exe file available on ModNexus it bypasses the AVX error. It does so I assume by disabling its calling functions completely in the game file. To my understanding, the AVX functions are responsible for things like where the objects and NPCs are, and when in the game.

II. Disabling AVX could explain later behaviour/glitching that constantly repeats in-game afterwards.

Lots of objects seem misplaced, three or more NPCs spawning at the same time in the same place and making a T pose, cups, burgers, cigarettes hanging in space at the same time another cigarette is being smoked by an NPC they are assigned to who is nearby, or at that spot.

III. Objects that seem to be collectable/pickup enabled, yet I am unable to pick them up, often ones that are laying on or near other objects, like some drugs on a bin, or a card by the doors in your apartment. Seems like the larger object would be covering them somehow wits it mesh or something so that they can't be interacted with. But this could have to do with AVX as well.

IV. Some objects seem to have their textures missing or there is something wrong with their geometry, but more like missing or incorrect textures. One way or another they are displayed as something completely out of place.

V. Ragdolls and bodies behave strangely after they die, some you can mutilate further some you don't. Some are rock solid some flop about, most of the posses are a bit off and hanging over the ground.

VI. All character facial and body animations for random people conversations seem to be missing.

VII. You can't just mug people, how do you want me to be a cyberpunk if I can't mug people right in the middle of the street for fun.

VIII. Random NPCs hit absolute panic mode not just after you shoot or blow up a grenade nearby but as well as soon as you bump into them with your character especially while running. They hit survival mode, scream a lot, make the rest people around them panic and don't seem to leave that mode until you leave the area, and come back later. Overall it feels immersion breaking, would be much better if they would return to normal activities after a while if the danger is over.

VIII. Didn't notice any changes in weather effects so far so that's meh.

IX. Smoke has no physics. Water has no physics. In 2020?!?!

X. Mirrors do not reflect the character and the world reflected is very blurry. Beside the shabby apartment window.

XI. You can't play in the third person camera, besides while driving the car.

XII. Difficulty and Enemy NPC behaviour after being attacked/hacked is rather limited, their spotting range is quite short as well. This makes the whole experience rather easy.

XIII. Some items and objects have their description messed up and it's showing the literal text path from the file and then the text of the description, or some similar blunder.

XIV. Geometry elements like wires etc. sometimes are incorrectly sized or attached to building so it looks like they're socketed into a thin air etc. mostly encountered on rooftops. As well as some large parts of buildings are completely disconnected from the main building, mostly on rooftops.

XV. There is no wall running and the parkour elements are a bit stiff. As well rooftop areas are rather empty.

XVI. There is a glitch on rooftops, if you place yourself between two large gas/fuel pipes and move along them, the character accelerates to some ridiculous speed. I assume that's a wall running reference joke.

XVII. Most cars drive ok but the collisions are a joke, in both terms, the damage/destruction and the heaviness/weight feeling, cars feel like they're made of cardboard because of this. They lack velocity if I'm correct. Me being able to ram other cars and them flying in to air like a box of matches does not help the immersion.

XVIII. Environmental destruction is not what you promised.

XIX. Textures/objects go missing when you change items you are wearing. Like your hat will not appear etc.

XX. Characters all over the city seem quite dead. They just sit or stand there aimlessly without any life of their own.

XXI. Hacking is cool thou could be more elaborate in terms of manipulating multiple things trough network at the same time. Hoped things are going to be more interactive and more interconnected. Like that you're going to be able to explode more stuff, open gas/hot air vents... shit like that, electrocute people with the tempered environment like doors etc. manipulate streetlight, bots, turrets, blockades.

XXII. Where are the flying cars? I mean even Saints Row had that.

XXIII. The grappling hook would be nice.

XXIV. Ray tracing seems to have a problem with caps (hats) and it incorrectly highlights faces under the hat, when they should be in shadow. I think it happens because the light slips through the connection of hat beak/front with the rest of it.

XXV. There could be more (like much more) side activities and side stories.

XXVI. Games displayed on the gaming machines look like a joke from the 80's, and is very immersion breaking. Some of them look like done in paint by a two-year-old. As well I hoped you'd be able to play some of them as a side activity.

XXVII. You can't flush water or use sinks etc. (edit: besides the one toilet in your apartment)

XXVIII. For a game of that scope, music is just mehhh.

XXIX. That bullet ricochet tracing mode needs more work as it's really too hard to see which way the bullet will bounce, the path is too translucent and too small.

XXX. The map is atrocious. The 3D map would be acceptable if you could enlarge/view the nice entire minimap of the floor, but you can't.

XXXI. For the most part, the city looks very 2020 not 2077.

XXXII. Too little advertisements, holograms, projections, big screens, neons.

XXXIII. I hoped for a decent club life in the city.

XXXIV. Character float/moonwalk instead of walking over the floors sometimes.

XXXV. Very little random city behaviour apart beggars. No street dance. No fights. Nothing is happening by itself.
It's all there but it lacks soul and is devoured of any real-life simulation.

XXXVI. XP farming.

XXXVII. Your apartment stash is not showing attachments and mods installed in weapons, as well some weapons do not display their stats, you just get 0 displayed everywhere (got to take them out and put them back in - but I think it happens again after you reload the save), 0 dmg and so on. You seem to be unable to sort the stash. Its management is cumbersome. You can't even sort clothing by armour. Item icons are bit large when you transfer items and the movement between stash and inventory laaags a lot amount of items seems to affect that.

XXXVIII. When you knock over burning barrels, fire stays hanging in thin are while the barrel rolls over. That's kind of cheap, seen better burning barrels than that.

XXXIV. What the fuck is up with the "MANGO FARM CONTRACT" ?!?!?!

XXXIX. I hoped the rooftops will be more populated, and there would be more going on there, like collectables etc. in hard to get places.

XL. No combat drones, no recon drones, guided missiles shit like that.

That's all of the tops of my head for now but I assume there will be more.

Many of the things described were present in games as far as 25 years ago. How CPR can call this a next-generation game is beyond me.

For the good.

I. I do like the story so far.

II. Side missions are nice.

III. Story characters are realistic and cool.

IV. Animations are nice.

V. Like the hacking, moderately.

VI. Gunplay is nice.

VII. Character progression is O.K. thou I hoped for more cool implants and much more of cool abilities.

VIII. If you take away the glitches, the hiccups, stutters, frame drops, the game sports some really nice graphics.

6/10 for now simply because it's not what was advertised and falls very short of what a next-gen game is. To be honest with you, there was more next-gen in Saints Row III-IV, GTA V, Watch Dogs 1&2, Hellgate and Borderlands 2-Pre-3 than this game, not to mention games like Assasins Creed, Dying Light, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, WarFrame, Destiny, Titanfall. So many examples of how good or moderately good games should be done these days. What was CPR thinking?! This is an insult, to be honest. At the moment it's an empty shell of a game with almost no side activities apart from the shootouts with gangs, a multitude of luckily not game-breaking bugs, mediocre graphics, horrible physics if any, and with unpolished RayTracing slapped on it to make it look shiny. Hmmm thanks, but no thanks.

And yes I consider this list to be a bug list, not an opinion.... as if you advertise your game as a next-gen game it needs to include technologies and solutions from previous generations of games. Sadly apart from the RayTracing, most of what we see was there in System Shock 1 '94 & 2 '99 Duke Nukem 3D '96 and GTAIII '01, DeusEX 1 '00 & 2 '03 , BioShock '07, WatchDogs '14, Dead Island '11, Dying Light '15, not to mention things not used at all like Hellgate London '07 Smoke Physics and Bordarlands 2 '12 Liquid Physics. Have you seen how a body of water looks like in modern games cause your seaside looks like shitside in 2020, 100% honestly I refuse to believe this is intended by the renown CPR unless they've become new Origin/Ubisoft/Bethesda? So all of it must be a bug.

My recommendation would be to sit down the dev team and make them all play through the titles mentioned above. CDP must be working them so hard that they didn't have time to play any games since '95.

Sorry for my tone but I've always been rough around the edges.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey] (Pretty in-depth review overall, agree or disagree!)
photomode_13122020_002602.png

Last edited:
So far...

The game is like Witcher 3 meets GTA meets Far Cry.

Lots of attention has went to the storytelling sequences, although the writing isa bit here and there at times. But it is good enough to follow.

And apparently due to that focus, the gameplay portion has been left on a... poor position to say the least.

- copied itemization from Witcher 3 (staggering amount of identical items that have a 0.xx differences in their stats - who ever thought comparing items with 0,01% difference in one of their stats or comparing fractions in the first place is supposed to be fun? - coupled with levelgating on items meaning, that you might find underpants that offer mire armor than your few levels below combat suit...),

- copied how dialog choices appear and work from Witcher 3 (mostly two or three options with highlighting on ”relevant” options which lead to prolonged scripted exchanges, and the written lines don’t always reflect at all what V says, which leads to the game miscommunicating with the player and confusing situations where one has to helplessly look at the screen and think: ”That’s not what I chose to say”),

- copied the checklist missionlog and lacking mission explanations from Witcher 3 (it’s just boring to shift through a shoppinglist trying to find missions that aren’t red, and then stare at the minimap and the yellow blip on the HUD until you arrive where you were supposed to; it downgrades the gameplay to... kinda like building a Lego castle following the instructions; and turning HUD off is not an option because the missions aren’t oroperly documented),

- it almost seems as if driving cars was copied from sailing a boat in Witcher 3 (the cars steer like a boat and when you brake, they float on and on even at low speeds as if the current is taking them forward)

- the boss fights seem to be like Witcher 3 bossfights (smallish arenas where a huge HP-bank circles around and repeats a certain coreography; the redeeming factor being that so far sneaking has been viable),

- enemies in general seem to work like in witcher 3 (leveled HP/damage sponges from whom you can’t really tell whether they take 5 or 50 shots to go down).

So much Witcher 3... Why, oh why couldn’t this game have its own thing going on...??

So far, against my expectations, the braindance analyzation has been the most fun part of the game. Sneaking has so far been passable and viable, and I’d guess the least stressful way of playing. Although it has to be said, that playing a sneaky sniper assassin every time a ”AAA RPG” comes around, gets a bit old.

There is fun to be had in the game, but it is undermined by the poor design choices (and at the danger of sounding smug, I called it already years ago...). More work is and revision of the various systems and gameplay aspects is, in my opinion, sorely needed because even if CDPR managed to tackle all the technical hiccups people are having, there is but a ”nice” storydriven open world action adventure/immersive sim. I can’t get an RPG out if this, it doesn’t feel like one almost at all. If I hadn’t known, I couldn’t have told that this is based on CP2020 in other than ”inspired by” way, it is so different in almost all of its aspects.

There’d be more to say, but I think this is enough for now. Maybe, when things start to calm down, I’ll make a separate thread where there’s room for constructive discussion about these various matters instead of just listing the faults.

I won't buy till a third person view is out.
Not sure if there ever will be. If you really want to try the game just get it, you can activate a mirror or use the photo mode to see yourself. I wanted third person too but with everything the game had to offer before I could easily put it aside.

Been playing for a few hours and really like it. Here are a few things that would make it better:

• Clothing & hair physics
  • barber shops (or any way to change appearances)
  • facial hair not clipping though masks / helmets
  • in some car chase scenes when i switch weapons the left hand is clipping though the gun
  • I climbed on some roof around kabuki and suddenly fell into a gap between houses, where i couldn't climb back up from. Had to reload prior save file
  • BIGGEST ISSUE: some many items seem to be placed too low so that you can't pick them up properly. Hasen't happened to any important quest item yet, but still kinda annoying
Post automatically merged:

Oh, forgot one thing that would improve immersion, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of repercussion for just looting everything. LIke, breaking into houses and taking money that's lying around. But the cops start chasing you, when you run over a passanger.
:LOL:

Game is fine I guess. It is not really that great IMO. I can see why other people are really enjoying it, and there are times I find it a lot of fun.

Some side quests are pretty solid. But it overall feels sorta uninspired in a lot of spots. Kinda just feels like sci-fi skrim. It has more merit then that. But idk man. Story is pretty fun, except I keep getting bothered by all of the inconveniences and lack of QoL features. This game needed longer in the oven.

I wasn't hoping for this to be the greatest game ever. But its not really an RPG in the way I was hoping.

Right now, its like a 5/10 maybe 6. Generally, just pretty average. Sometimes its really fun. Other times it feels like i am just waiting for fun to happen. Just isn't consistently satisfying for me.

I really hope they fix all the bugs and QoL features holding it back from what it is doing really well, but I don't expect the game to change into what I was looking for. Imma take a break and then do some side quests to see how im feeling about it.

I just reached chapter 2 so time to chime in. I'll be brief since there's a metric shit ton of stuff I haven't completed yet. The story so far is excellent. As good as any of The Witcher games. Pacing, characters, everything. The missions are pretty straightforward but still great. The choice and consequence are good too in classic CDPR style. Lots of double crossing going on with multiple paths to take or people to ally with. I see a ton of negativity here with regard to story and roleplaying and I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. It's easily on par with TW3, and in some cases TW2. Gameplay is fun, with the FPS combat standing out. It's way better than I expected it to be. Haven't delved too far into tech/stealth yet. That's the positive.

The negative is this: the games is unfinished in a myriad of ways. Not just buggy, but unfinished. I could write a book on the number of bugs I've run into and small features missing or poorly implemented. TW3 took several months before it was in a polished state. I can't begin to imagine how long it'll take for this game, or if it's even possible. It sucks because I'm really drawn into the game but there's so many rough spots that it's constantly pulling me out of the experience. On a final note, it's tough to tell at this point whether exploring the city is worthwhile. Most game cities, even GTA, are more like facades and I'm not sure yet if that's the case here. Paying attention and exploring off the beaten path may indeed pay off. It worked in TW3 but the structure of this environment is so different. Anyway, great so far but flawed enough that I might put it aside and let CDPR patch the hell out of it.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

15 hours in (2 in PS4 and 13 in GOG - at the end of Act 1 - generally following the main quests but doing side quests when in makes sense for the character) overall impressions.

1.) I absolutely love the story, quest design, and characters so far. It's the most important part of any game IMO and they nailed it. (10/10).
Monster Hunter World story is pathetic , yet it's on of the best games out there and very well received. Because it has gameplay, so the story it's not the only important part of a game if it lack everything else like CP77.
And really...stealth is good? cmon now...be REALISTIC. I mean it's ok if you like it but going around it's a masterpiece of stealth gameplay it's a bit hilarous. Hacking...hacking is ...ok I just give up. I know what kind of target CDPR has now.

Guest 4406876

First thought was a "Hello Games flashback" moment but a bit worse. At least Hello Games had almost zero experience but CDPR had Witcher 3 experience.
Hello Games blessed us with years of free content and expansion and in the end they delivered a game that has even more features than promised at launch (and were missing). For free of course. I'm not saying that CDPR has to turn this game into a perfect open world, but for sure the open world exploration and the game in general gameplay wise needs some more love. Let's say the same amount of love they put in scripting the main quests. If not covering 100% of the game, at least a little bit.

Hello Games blessed us with years of free content and expansion and in the end they delivered a game that has even more features than promised at launch (and were missing). For free of course. I'm not saying that CDPR has to turn this game into a perfect open world, but for sure the open world exploration and the game in general gameplay wise needs some more love. Let's say the same amount of love they put in scripting the main quests. If not covering 100% of the game, at least a little bit.

Yeah, but then again I don't know the future, or anyone, so can't really say the same thing will happen.
This involves using the profit made to keep paying developers and in turn losing money. So my train of thought will be:

- Hello Games doesn't have shareholders, CDPR does. This points to "eehh don't think it will go like Hello Games"
- Look at first point and extrapolate "free content and expansion" + "amount of money that can go through the salaries of 400 people". Maybe firing a lot of people?
- Don't think it will go as people expect, then again hope is the last thing to go out xD

Guest 4406876

Yeah, but then again I don't know the future, or anyone, so can't really say the same thing will happen.
This involves using the profit made to keep paying developers and in turn losing money. So my train of thought will be:

- Hello Games doesn't have shareholders, CDPR does. This points to "eehh don't think it will go like Hello Games"
- Look at first point and extrapolate "free content and expansion" + "amount of money that can go through the salaries of 400 people". Maybe firing a lot of people?
- Don't think it will go as people expect, then again hope is the last thing to go out xD
Honestly I'm not demanding for any free content, ever, not even free-lcs. I always thoght that's a bad idea (unless you have to be forgiven for something like in hello games case, and they went above and beyond what was necessary in my humble opinion). yes you can drop here and there couple of new clothes, idk a bike whatever, just from your own heart. What I expect now (and I might sound entitled here) is for them to keep working on the game, fix it as much as possible, and release even paid DLCs that expand its functionalities to a decent level, because today CP77 is a total letdown compared to their own words and promises, literally features missing without even saying it. I already got my money back from the story, but I expected (and this is my fault, induced by some...implied content they talked about right before release that was a straight out lie on release day) a more complete, engaging, long lasting game. That's all. Just here giving some feedback so maybe they can throw in stuff that , and I'm sure of it, no player in the world would see as a bad feature.

PS: I forgot and maybe get couple of new teams working on it with fresh minds, because working for 8 years on the same game...you can't see it objectively anymore, I don't know how that kind of work is but I'm just guessing what's common sense here, I might be big time wrong. I just hoped for ...well A cyberpunk rpg, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedestrians AI are glitching alot, also their movement and reactions don't seem very advanced. It kinda kills the premise of the game. I was expecting a more polished game. The release was rushed in my opinion,. Even saw an article about CD Project Red changing how they give their employee performance bonuses which until now have been based on the rating of the game and now its no longer the case so i think they knew the game isnt polished enough and were ready for the backlash . I still hope they will be able to redeem the game, cos even considering all the bugs, glitches etc its enjoyable.

Last edited:
Because it has gameplay, so the story it's not the only important part of a game if it lack everything else like CP77.
It's my opinion. You are welcome to a different one. I play games for stories, not gameplay loops. EDIT: Also, I didn't say it was the only important part of a game (notice I listed 10 things I cared about), but it is the most important to me.

Last edited:
Severely disappointed due to the deception of the developers, and what they stated the game would be..then what they gave us..it's insulting. They have shown they are far behind the abilities of Bethesda, Bioware, Ubisoft..you name it.
They have shown they are marketing geniuses, and masters of 'initial' illusion..but that won't work again when they try to sell their multiplayer game.

One thing I know for sure.

They will NOT be able to pull off selling multiplayer version as a separate game after this release.. lol.

They will HAVE to give it away free now to even half way redeem themselves.

Top Bottom