Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Whenever I get on my motorcycle I see my V bald and then their helmet / hair pops in after a second after mounting the bike. That fact alone after seeing it like 10 times makes me bang my head against the fall (well not really, but metaphorically) and so I stopped playing. This kind of stuff accumulates as you look at the game and does kill immersion because some things are of really amazing quality and than you have these silly types of thing. I hope they'll get patched out.

I'm 43 years old and been playing video games since I was 7. I just wanted to post here to thank the development team for a fantastic job in creating this beautiful world we get to play in. My favorite game of all time was the original The Legend of Zelda and I think Cyberpunk 2077 just knocked it off it's podium. I'm astonished at the level of detail this game has and it's just the beginning :)
The game is fun no doubt. but it doesn't do anything new or ground breaking. It's essentially like a ubisoft copy paste open world game that needs more to do. But the world is amazing looking and immersive. But the ai make it immersion breaking. Like if I had no ai in the game at all and was alone in that whole map exploring, I would feel more immersed.

All that stuff about pathetic AI, choices dont matter, perks, cars, clothes, etc, etc etc ad nauseam? (Not even mentioning glitches)
I don't know, i didnt get that far as i couldn't rebind direction keys for movement on a goddamn PC game. (i was told to use a controller!)

Its like the worst toy ever made, but you cant play it because the box is broken and it cant be opened...

Cyberpunk 2077:

Last edited:
Well for starters I have not run into any of the glitches that the few here are mentioning. In fact I've had no issues at all with the performance of the game or random AI issues. I find the game to be crafted in such detail that NC just sucks me in, as if I'm reading a book or actually in a movie. I feel as if I can go anywhere in the game and do anything I like, which to me at least, is exhilarating.

I could just cruise around the city, it's so large, and enjoy myself. They have such tiny details in this game that keep amazing me i.e. the real poems of a Polish poet, trains that go by, flying cars I see now and then...the list goes on and on. I even have not explored that much and still am lost most of the times because NC is just that large scale and so full of detail.

Have you watched any of the news in game? They talk about some wild elements like building colonies on Mars, etc. I feel this game is just scratching the surface to what it can achieve.

People like things that others don't,

Ain’t that the truth.

I like Might&Magic X: Legacy, and think it actually has much more fun combat than Cyberpunk here (and inspite everything, think that CP would’ve been better as a similiar game), and if there was an argument about it, the rest of the forum would laugh me out from here.

Same thing with the original Wasteland, by the way...

:D

Have you watched any of the news in game? They talk about some wild elements like building colonies on Mars, etc. I feel this game is just scratching the surface to what it can achieve.

Oh... Don't wanna break your joy, but this is just a background element made up for adding to the futuristic atmosphere. Since the game is a cyberpunk genre, not the general sci-fi like The Expense or Star Citizen, I really don't bet on flying to Mars not in the multiplayer or DLC. It's more likely going to stay on the ground on Earth (or what's left of the planet in 2077 lol).

Might&Magic X: Legacy

Yeah! What about Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I remember the first time hearing of this game I was so infuriated and thought this was a treason to the licence : turns out it was cool and had good sides. Some of my friends still reinstall the game sometimes.

What about Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

I remember playing it years ago and have fond memories of the kicking feature (kicking enemies off cliffs and all that). I don’t think I ever finished it, though. Even though it had a relatively fun combat system going on for a stealth/action title, it had some grindy levels where stealth stopped working (that, or I was just stupid for not seeing the solutions) that bored me.

Well for starters I have not run into any of the glitches that the few here are mentioning. In fact I've had no issues at all with the performance of the game or random AI issues. I find the game to be crafted in such detail that NC just sucks me in, as if I'm reading a book or actually in a movie. I feel as if I can go anywhere in the game and do anything I like, which to me at least, is exhilarating.

I could just cruise around the city, it's so large, and enjoy myself. They have such tiny details in this game that keep amazing me i.e. the real poems of a Polish poet, trains that go by, flying cars I see now and then...the list goes on and on. I even have not explored that much and still am lost most of the times because NC is just that large scale and so full of detail.

Positive sentiment has its place, thats for certain. I agree in terms of the IP & FX they have put in to build the world, a marvel in its own right. I have mentioned this before in other threads, when they keep the narrative flowing the game is great BUT once they start reverting to the Witcher POI system, it completely loses its position as groundbreaking.

There was a vision and they ran out of time. After all the game was only in development for 4 years essentially.

I'm 43 years old and been playing video games since I was 7. I just wanted to post here to thank the development team for a fantastic job in creating this beautiful world we get to play in. My favorite game of all time was the original The Legend of Zelda and I think Cyberpunk 2077 just knocked it off it's podium. I'm astonished at the level of detail this game has and it's just the beginning :)

I dunno mun if the original Legend of Zelda was the peak then it could not have been a particularly high pedestal, while I guess we rank games based on the impression they left on us at the time I do find it hard to believe that no game has supassed it in the past 36 years?

I mean sure there are those games that do things that no other game has done since, but the first Legend of Zelda was pretty damn basic and it did not take long for other games to improve on what it did and improve on it by a vast margin, I mean you have played Breath of the Wild haven't you?

Not trying to diss you or anything and everyone has their own tastes but I guess I am just curious?

All that stuff about pathetic AI, choices dont matter, perks, cars, clothes, etc, etc etc ad nauseam? (Not even mentioning glitches)
I don't know, i didnt get that far as i couldn't rebind direction keys for movement on a goddamn PC game. (i was told to use a controller!)

Its like the worst toy ever made, but you cant play it because the box is broken and it cant be opened...

Cyberpunk 2077:
if you wanna edit keybinds to be super custom you need to edit the .xml files in your game file. Or take someone else's keybinds from nexus. Yes there are many glitches I wish some of them didn't exist, but as is with video games and software there will always be bugs and glitches until they are fixed. That's just how software development goes. Not saying that it's an excuse. Some bugs are game breaking and that sucks. But it will eventually get fixed. We need to keep mentioning what they promised so that way the can deliver the game they advertised us consumers.

I dunno mun if the original Legend of Zelda was the peak then it could not have been a particularly high pedestal, while I guess we rank games based on the impression they left on us at the time I do find it hard to believe that no game has supassed it in the past 36 years?

I mean sure there are those games that do things that no other game has done since, but the first Legend of Zelda was pretty damn basic and it did not take long for other games to improve on what it did and improve on it by a vast margin, I mean you have played Breath of the Wild haven't you?

Not trying to diss you or anything and everyone has their own tastes but I guess I am just curious?

For me The Legend of Zelda was the first game I played that just had that freedom to go anywhere. I was young when it released, maybe 10 years of age. So yes, many games have improved on that formula but, for me, it was a gaming high. Breath of the Wild was amazing too but, in the end, I still have yet to beat it, probably due to it just being too much for me and my time. I do need to revisit it though because it certainly was groundbreaking. Another one would be World of Warcraft as I had never played an MMO before that, did not even know they existed, and it blew me away...until the grind finally blew me away from the game.

I guess I would put Cyperpunk 2077 in this type of category for me. It's just something very new to me and the setting is just stunning. I would argue the story and the characters are well crafted as well but have not finished the game so would not have enough experience to do so. I will say that when Jackie dies I was honestly saddened by it, what a great character.

I enjoyed and am enjoying it too, immensely.

& To all of you naysayers who are on this forum (because why? If you hate the game why are you stalking the forums lol?), Go look at the steam reviews graph. It's 80% positive.

It's baffling how many people are stalking these forums just to complain. Go do something else...

Rddc

Forum regular

& To all of you naysayers who are on this forum (because why? If you hate the game why are you stalking the forums lol?), Go look at the steam reviews graph. It's 80% positive.

It's baffling how many people are stalking these forums just to complain. Go do something else...
fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/

Forum
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Fan Club
countable noun
1. an organized group of people who all admire the same person or thing

well said Also

Metacritic

Generally favorable reviewsbased on 87 Critic ReviewsWhat's this?
User Score
Mixed or average reviewsbased on 26733 Ratings

I still have lots of issues with it, but I think the strength in it is that in spite of that - I'm still playing the hell out of it. Thinking about playing the hell out of it and when I play the hell out of it - I keep finding new dialogue, new choices, new things all the time.

The more I play the more I enjoy it and the more I want to play.

Personally that is rare for me as I tend to burn myself out on games.

I played so much The Witcher 3 after the bugs were sorted after launch I burned out and lost interest and didn't complete it until 2018.

I'm now in my third playthrough of Cyberpunk.

It's been a month.

Last edited:
Could have been better designed as for gameplay. It is difficult to play. ( Okay, admittedly I am not one of the younger gamers either ) I got to the Drill sergeant Tutorial and got stuff and couldn't leave the room. I kept knocking the guard down, but them got shuffled back to start over again saying I was close. I have no clue as to what the heel it takes to move out of there. I will start over and just by pass that as that seems to be the only way to play the game. The other issue thus far is driving. In TW3 when you were on Roach, the mouse was the way you steered. WASD for steering is just plain no good. You have the joy Stick on the console. That should have carried over from TW3 to this thing.

I'm surprised to hear this because I thought this game was notoriously easy. I'm playing on pc with a controller just to handicap my aiming and started on the hardest difficulty and it's been so easy to the point where it becomes boring, if it wasn't for the awesome game mechanics. Granted, I'm probably using an OP build that focuses on shotgun and assault rifle play and use the ability to slow down time a lot. Can't wait to replay it as a pussy stealthy hacker haha.

P.s. I'm 34 so considered ancient lol.

Top Bottom