Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Please help someone who understands, I can't pass this chapter for 2 days, the character dies by herself what should I do

[Sard Edit] Please don't link an MP4 download thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its shocking that even after everything you still sell this game for ps4. Played IT through on ps4 pro and must say that I am deeply dissappointed. Countless crashes, seems unfinished (still!!), waste of money.. Why is it even available to buy in this state? Regret buying Cyberpunk 2077 for ps4 pro.

Got myself CP2077 to bring the new rig to its limits. And well, I'm quite interested into both the genre and well written games in general.
I got it on PC and started with Patch 1.61 on a Ryzen 7700x and a 4070ti.

For the record, my experience with the game was very stable on that patch. I've had 1 crash and one rare bug that rendered me incapable of getting any quickhacks from breaching. The rest I can attest to general open world shenanigans, nothing that overly breaks immersion let alone be game breaking, just (constant) annoyances at best.
Performance was good for the most part, then again I've set the game up to be performing to stable 72FPS (half my monitor's refresh rate) without RTX as I value performance over high end graphical fidelity. Only had one major cause for performance drop and that was activating DLSS while using a Ryzen. For whatever reason the engine doesn't handle this very well and causes stutters for several seconds when using any menu element. Deactivating that solved the issue.
With 1.62 I've had many more crashes during regular gameplay unfortunately. I did roll back to 1.61 and haven't looked back since. Should probably check if 1.62 hotfix fixes the frequent crashing issues.

Now for the gameplay itself.
The city is huge and offers many different districts that you can explore at your own pace after a very hit & miss start that both serves as an introduction and tutorial - it just takes forever to get booted into the actual open city in act 2. Act 1 tries to purposefully limit that but I feel it only succeeds partially in what it's trying to accomplish. It outstays its welcome.
Even then you can experience glimpses of the gameplay that you will eventually refine as you level up your character and gain more experience with the amount of options the game gives you. In between all kinds of guns and melee weapons, stealth and netrunning there's quite a variety of things you can utilize and combine, and most scenarios are crafted to allow a certain freedom in how to approach a situation, at the cost of area size.
While gigs in itself are fun, I felt myself craving for longer sections of open game content in main missions - the original Thief trilogy still serves as an excellent example of how to do open ended mission design.
Still, there's a lot of things to do before you realize where Night City is limiting and what you can do. It's not a build engine game afterall and neither it is a modded Skyrim, so you can't kick back in a sleezy strip club for example. Still took me around 65 hours per playthrough to see all it's main content and sidequests fulfilled which is a good amount of value.

Of course, the game wouldn't be half as fun without its setting, writing and characters and I dare say CDPR did the genre justice. There's a colourful cast of characters with all their faults trying to make it one way or another in Night City and having phone calls and messages extends their felt presence in the game. Characters like the initially unlikeable Johnny get a redemption arc and you can influence a lot of existances throughout the game.
I was surprised at the resolution of the main missions however. Not in that it poses a finite end to the player's story but that there are several unique possibilities to finish the campaign instead of having each and everything contribute to one big final. Felt more in line with the cyberpunk genre, not making things overly climactic (like Mass Effect, for example), yet in most cases poses a fitting end to the player's story while leaving some questions unanswered or up to speculation. Might not be everybody's cup of joe but I like it.
However, I feel like in other instances being more bold in how certain side quests could have played out would greatly benefit the roleplaying experience. In many cases dialogue is just there for the roleplaying effect and has literally no difference on the outcome of the situation - or the dialogue for that matter, as characters may not even adress the different choice differently. One such questline that I feel would have greatly benefitted from more freedom for example is "Sinnerman" which ends the same way one or another, just has a different aftermath call, unless you fulfill the original contract or walk away at any point during the quest - but you can't really talk to the character in question.
At some points during the game - for me most notably during act 1 and while trying to reach a certain inventor in the badlands - the game talks your ear of a bit too much, some dialogue shortening could have been beneficial there.

As of now I would Cyberpunk 2077 give an 8/10. It's good with the potential to be great, a masterpiece even, but currently bad patch QA'ing and bugs hold the current state of the game back. I would like to see more bugfixing, qol additions and immersion additions rather than pushing new tech in the future.
Still hoping there can be a shift from being a good game to being an incredible game.

So I love Cyberpunk 2077; I started playing the game after the 1.2 patch in April of 2021 on a Day One Edition Xbox One(that's the base model) from 2013, and I had an amazing experience out of the box. I didn't experience any of the game breaking bugs that I heard people complain of, or the terrible performance that people constantly derided the game for; my experience was smooth, at 30FPS, I experience no more bugs than is normal than any game soon after launch, and the game looked and felt absolutely amazing.

I cannot overstate how much I love this game; the stories told in Cyberpunk 2077 are the best I've ever experienced in my 25+ years of gaming, and the world and setting is hands down the greatest fictional setting I've ever had the good fortune to vicariously live in :) Almost as impressive as the storytelling is the gameplay; CDPR effectively bridged the gap between RPG and Action gaming, with a detailed, complex character sheet, deep character creation and customization, and ample opportunities for roleplay in conversations, all while having the best combat I've ever experienced in an RPG. The only titles comparable to Cyberpunk 2077 are Bethesda titles, with Fallout 4 being the most apt comparison given that both games have a heavy emphasis on gunplay, and I have to say, in regard to combat Cyberpunk totally blows Bethesda out of the water. Combat in Cyberpunk isn't just good for an RPG, it's great, period, and feels as polished as you would expect from a much more linear immersive sim or first person shooter. The character progression in Cyberpunk is by far the best I've ever experienced in a game: Cyberware is an amazing feature and is so rewarding, with a fully chipped V being so customizable in their capabilities and specialization.

I'm a massive fan of immersive first person RPGs with a heavy emphasis on simulation of society, and up until Cyberpunk, Bethesda was the only company that made games in this genre. I cannot rightly explain how important Cyberpunk is to me, and the video game industry as a whole. CDPR has achieved a titanic feat with the comletion of Cyberpunk 2077, and I really think the game is helping to evolve the entire genre of Western RPGs. The dedication that CDPR showed in fixing the game after launch and staying committed to the fans speaks for itself, and I'm so glad that other people have finally begun to see the beauty that I see in Cyberpunk, too.

I want to thank everyone at CDPR for creating this game, and I just hope you guys take your time on the sequel and show th same level of love and care :) You've given us so much content in this game already, and I'm very excited for the release of Phantom Liberty, so I think it would be great to see you guys work on merging REDengine 4 and Unreal 5, perfecting it, and then finding a setting and storyline as good as you have created in CP2077 to play out on the new engine :)

You guys really created a masterpiece in Cyberpunk 2077, and I think history will acknowledge the value of this game in time.
Post automatically merged:

I think its shocking that even after everything you still sell this game for ps4. Played IT through on ps4 pro and must say that I am deeply dissappointed. Countless crashes, seems unfinished (still!!), waste of money.. Why is it even available to buy in this state? Regret buying Cyberpunk 2077 for ps4 pro.

That's weird, I've got like 300 hours on a day one edition XBox One from 2013 and I've had zero game breaking issues with the game.
So you said you get crashes, I remember getting maybe one crash every four-six hours or so, and other than that, what makes you feel like the game isn't finished?

Last edited:
I cannot overstate how much I love this game; the stories told in Cyberpunk 2077 are the best I've ever experienced in my 25+ years of gaming, and the world and setting is hands down the greatest fictional setting I've ever had the good fortune to vicariously live in :) Almost as impressive as the storytelling is the gameplay; CDPR effectively bridged the gap between RPG and Action gaming, with a detailed, complex character sheet, deep character creation and customization, and ample opportunities for roleplay in conversations, all while having the best combat I've ever experienced in an RPG. The only titles comparable to Cyberpunk 2077 are Bethesda titles (...)

(...) up until Cyberpunk, Bethesda was the only company that made games in this genre. I cannot rightly explain how important Cyberpunk is to me, and the video game industry as a whole. CDPR has achieved a titanic feat with the comletion of Cyberpunk 2077, and I really think the game is helping to evolve the entire genre of Western RPGs.

everytime i read smt like this i ask myself what people played "25+ years" with this opinion... greatest setting and world? effectivly bridged the gab between rpg and action? impressiv storytelling? complex, deep characters and character creation? "best combat in an rpg"? (...eh wat?) but best is... evolving the entire game genre?...

while Cyberpunk is indeed a solid game - its by far not outstanding or anything other games havent already done before in one or another aspect. there are dozen of great rpgs & adventures (and hybrids) with great storytelling, beautiful characters, amazing worlds to dive into and handfull of interesting battle mechanics. i always read Bethesda here Bethesda there... is it the only rpg/adventure studio known by the pc-player base?... there are so much more studios, publisher and IPs in the rpg & adventure genre on console and handhelds all around the globe. that one only can laugh about claims such as "leader of the rpg industry" or "next generation of openworld gaming" from a studio with 1,5 IPs... - they do a good job, wont deny that but outstanding or leading the genre? - not the slightest.... talk too atlus, square, namco, myhojo and several others first please.

i dont wanna hate or flame anyone in here but if people say "its one of the if not THE best rpg-adventure" they played is it global or just about the western sphere? if yes, only western, you already cut 75% of the best rpgs/adventures around and yeah than sure the market is super small without much competition. if no, global - theses "best ever" claims cant stand a chance no matter if on storytelling, chars, worlds or interessting/gamechanging mechanics.

so if people in here talk about rpgs? they only mean the handful AAA western titles mostly on pc beeing able to mod da sh*t out of the game and not the global genre in generell? - really curious...

edit: before i forget its not about you in specific, TechnoNecromancer, just about this "best ever" mindset in general. Tho i know you are the first i remember who made a clear "western" call. while often people just say RPGs in general.

Last edited:
Those you quoted are "japanese" studios.
So if you're like me (never had any playstation and don't really appreciate the "japanese" story-telling), none of these studios can compete in any way.
Interesting to judge smt you never experienced yourself than. You missed a lot of storytelling, worlds and chars and tho not even able to judge about the rpg genre in general, mechanics, concepts, etc.

So it’s just about the small western biotop if speaking of rpgs? That’s what I try to understand with repeatedly reading „Mass Effect“ & „Fallout“ - people just name them because they simply don’t know other rpgs?

edit: btw it has nothing to do with „japanese“ - Last of Us, God of War, Tomb Raider, Horizon, etc. are great IPs with beautiful worlds and characters f.e. without any kind of „jap style“. And there are much, much more… so this „i don’t like jap studios/publisher“ feels a bit flat as argument.

Last edited:
Interesting to judge smt you never experienced yourself than. You missed a lot of storytelling, worlds and chars and tho not even able to judge about the rpg genre in general, mechanics, concepts, etc.
Isn't exactly what means "I've ever experienced in my 25+ years of gaming" ?
i.e an personal/subjective opinion based on experiences and preferences (different from all players) in which the games that you never played or been able to play doesn't count. I means I play games from more than 20 years and there are plenty (most probably a majority of all games released during these 20 years) that I never played...

On side note, I didn't know that The Last Of Us, God Of War or Tomb Raider was considered as RPGs. I played all the Tomb Raiders (no idea for TLOU of God Of War, which are PS exclusive so doesn't count for me^^), but it's not an RPG, it's not an open world and the story(ies) and the gameplay was(were) good enough. Tomb Raider games were "good" enough to play them once (or twice), but nothing "outstanding" which will make me play them again and again like Mass Effect or Cyberpunk (personal opinion^^).

I'm not sure if I have ever posted a review in here, I doubt it was all that positive if I did so before 1.5.

I intend to wait until all of the expansion content, updates, DLC are finished to provide anything substantial in terms of a review. Judging from experience with this product, and word from people who day-oned TW3; CDPR tend to release games in a not so ideal state and then flesh them out into an excellent product of the following year(s). I don't consider the game 'complete' regardless of anyone's arguments as the combat zone is a part of the game... you know, the game this game is based on? It's not there. Nor is the airport, (turns out the airport is nestled in the combat zone) which is even mentioned in the basegame's story. I don't need to hop on a plane in the game to be happy, but how is that missing? Anyway..

I'm willing to accept the vast underground sewer/subway system may never be a part of the game, and I believe Momot commented that such is the case. As well I understand that it would be such an undertaking to warrant itself being labeled as costly expansion content. I'm not happy that this is the case for the Combat Zone, but I'm willing to see what it offers.

Having said that; I still maintain the position I've held that the game CDPR marketed is worth more than the initial buy in price to me.Also, the game that was marketed would believably take this long. While It's been a long wait from the launch, we're about on schedule for the game I expected to be releasing soon. So I'm not bothered all that much on buying the missing areas especially when considering just how dense the world already is and how much has been improved.

My review at present is a 7/10. The game excels in several ways, some of which are surprising and a few I doubt even other 'masters of the craft' will match for some time in this type of game and setting (vehicle design, weapon design, NPC variety and design, the world design and density, etc), but it's failings are absolutely stunning - the areas where this game fails doesn't even pass for amateurish and some of that that isn't even a result of being rushed but very poor 'design' choices imo. I'm grateful CDPR announced they're overhauling the Police and Vehicle Combat, so I no longer have to deal with the ever dwindling handful of people that insist those things are not just fine but make sense somehow.
Post automatically merged:

btw, an interesting fact - based on GOG achievement statistics which I've just checked number of different storylines completion by players currently are next
  1. Panam - 43.5 %
  2. Judy - 32.5 %
  3. River - 30.9 %
  4. Kerry - 12.1 %
That's tragic.

I think they really should have had a critical arc just before going to Embers where you and Johnny go do things you always wanted to but never did , like a "coming to terms" just before your final hurrah. The first part of Kerry's quest would be on the mainpath followed by the rest of his line being optional and personal gigs.

EDIT: Airport in Pacific

Last edited:
There's honestly a LOT to be done and they've already done a fine job on fixing most of the game so here's hoping they'll keep bringing it up.

Short review/criticism

Cyberpunk 2077 has really good Story Missions and Story acting. That is something CDPR really can do like in Witcher 3.
But if you have the first announcement Trailer in your head, hear the music of "archive" and played other cyberpunk titles
you are underwhelmed by the liveless, boring and static world; The NPCD missions and Fixxer missions remind me of
Ubisoft filler "quality" and are not really interesting. Also for an RPG it is technically far behind the possibilities of the
very old "Skyrim" or "Fallout 4". In other Cyberpunk titles you work as a team, here you can't even have a choom.

Don't understand me wrong. I enjoyed playing Cyberpunk 2077 and the stories are well made. But jumping around alone
without real base with standard 08/15 missions outside the story with few interaction possibilities in the city and even
the magic "Afterlife" is more or less dead in you enter it. That is so underwhelming for a company like CDPR and far less
what i expected. And it is so underwhelming in the context of the Cyberpunk world. It is a Pity. CDPR for sure can do better.

I started playing with version 1.6 on a i5-11400F & Radeon 6600 PC. Running 1080p Ultra with 60 - 70 FPS on average. RT Low is possible as well, but gets a bit choppy sometimes (40 - 50 FPS avg). Everything plays and looks wonderfully. Had just one serious issue when for some reason the game wouldn't start fixer contract Trevor's Last Ride and had to load previous save. Apart from that just tiny glitches - nothing serious (most annoying is "holes" in the spoken dialogues sometimes, words get cut).

I've finished and now just doing side quests. Planning to do a replay quite soon. 9+/10 for me. One of the best games I've ever played. And the city is absolutely the prettiest setting ever. There are some things I would definitely improve, but all in all that's a really impressive attempt. I recall that at the beginning of the game you're simply overwhelmed by the possibilites given.
I've bought both official books and also reading through them - the lore itself is absolutely great. I wasn't that much into Mass Effect World even.

What I don't like:
- hacking is way too overpowered from a certain point, I'm at level 50, I started my build on the physical side of the tree rather, but I can wipe whole buildings without touching the gun even;
- i believe there are completely no gas stations in the city, which feels a bit awkward (refuelling could also be an option, it was possible or even necessary in Mafia in 2002);
- generally you get the feeling that dialogue choices don't matter much (but that's not repairable anymore, I guess);
- all the clothing, eating etc. is not needed, really, gives no value added - maybe because there's simply too much loot to be found (which also makes crafting kind of worthless);
- too many closed doors, but I guess city's too big to be able to add too much of those;
- not much influence of the life path on the story (I'm playing Corp and I get the dialogue options for this one, but don't feel they change anything, just add some dialogue and that's it)
- it's too easy to be good at being a soldier and a netrunner at the same time, should be somehow limited - meaning if you start as soldier, hacking should be somehow limited and vice versa
- I'm playing on a Nomal difficulty level and at higher levels boss fights are too easy, I killed Adam Smasher just by going all out on him with a machine gun.

Just hope there will be sequels, as the setting blows both GTA V and RDR 2 out of the water.

Last edited:
Can hardly wait! But I'm avoiding any but the most general commentary about CP77-PL because I'm violently averse to spoilers. I know Idris Elba is in the game...but how much more mind-blowing would it be to just meet this character and realize...HOLY STUFF! THAT'S IDRIS ELBA!!...rather than just hear about it in a news release. Is anybody really going to buy this game because he plays a character in it?

Can hardly wait! But I'm avoiding any but the most general commentary about CP77-PL because I'm violently averse to spoilers. I know Idris Elba is in the game...but how much more mind-blowing would it be to just meet this character and realize...HOLY STUFF! THAT'S IDRIS ELBA!!...rather than just hear about it in a news release. Is anybody really going to buy this game because he plays a character in it?
I guess it's more about selling the quality of the voice acting, which may broaden the appeal. The first high profile example I remember was Eric Idle (from Monty Python) voicing Rincewind in the Discworld game. It didn't make me want the game more, I was going to buy it anyway, but I had more confidence that the comic timing would be excellent.

I mean it could be a lot worse..... like Nicholas Cage

Top Bottom