Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
This game feels like a very bad Early Access title, right at the beginning of it's Early Access stage.

As OP said, you can't walk. Instead you just skate through the world in high speed, which really does not allow for any bit of immersion. It's the first really bad gameplay you instantly get and it's annoying as hell.

Another thing that completely breaks the immersion are the NPCs. Most of the time you see the same NPC twice because a copy & paste twin of him / her is within a 10 meter radius. NPC behaviour also is the worst I have ever seen in a "open world RPG" that claimed to be super immersive. Those NPCs behave worse than the ones in GTA. You can not interact with them, you can not interact with any shop in that world - you basically can not do anything. This game feels like the game world is completely empty and dead - in the worst way imaginable.

On top of that we have a bazillion bugs: random crashes, graphics glitches, clipping issues and so on.

I decided that I give up playing this game for now. Maybe it will be playable and somewhat enjoyable in 4 years or so. By the time it will be sold for 10 bucks in a sale. Because in it's current state it's not even worth 10 bucks. Sadly.

Honestly, and I know I'm going to regret this, but I am sadly disappointed. My two big gripes so far about the game is the character creator and the romance options.

1. How is the character creator worse than Skyrim, and I mean vanilla Skyrim, no mods. It's even worse than Mass Effect Andromeda, ANDROMEDA!!! Things were added that didn't need to be ie: teeth and body scars, and the things that are important barely have any options. Body Scars literally has 3 choices; no scars, 1, and 2; that's it! What is the point to that? Teeth is another one with normal, silver, gold, and HOT PINK (or a really bad case of gingivitis, I don't know) and THAT'S IT!!! Why? It is such a generic and underwhelming creator and desperately needs a patch or some type of free dlc.

2. In a world were you can be anyone and meet many, many other characters why would you only be able to pick between TWO romance options for either gender ( one heterosexual and one homosexual) You could literally have a romantic relationship with aliens and cat people (Mass Effect and Skyrim again) but I can only choose between two people in a futuristic, sifi RPG were you can literally make a transgender character! How? Why? There isn't even a transgender romance option for anyone out there wanting that. For the record I am not transgender but I believe in fairness and the freedom/right to be happy for all and this game has failed in that department. I mean CDPR showed a transgender model for the soft drink in one of the game plays last year but yet didn't incorporate that more into the game? If this is a dark, dystopian future then I am sure that gender, ethnicity, religion, etc... would still play a big part on how society would react to you and that would have been great to see implemented into the game and would give so much more depth and attachment to your character and would tie back into a more in-depth character creator.

The hype on this game was too high to let the bar drop this low and I feel bad for CDPR right now. I do, however, hope they can pull something together and fast to save this game But at the end of the day I have to remind myself that it is just a game and there are more important matters going on in the real world that need attention ( yet I sit here and spend my time b***hing about a game, go figure. Dam hypocrite). Any who that's my impression so far about the game. Thanks for listening.

Honestly, and I know I'm going to regret this, but I am sadly disappointed. My two big gripes so far about the game is the character creator

I agree. The character creator of Cyberpunk 2077 is literally the worst I have ever seen in any game. After character creation I already knew that the rest of the game would be equally bad. And boy was I right.
What a letdown. And I didn't even have any expecations to begin with.

Last edited:
I agree. The character creator of Cyberpunk 2077 is literally the worst I have ever seen in any game. After character creation I already knew that the rest of the game would be equally bad. And boy was I right.
What a letdown. And I didn't even have any expecations to begin with.

I am inclined to agree. Its just not very good. Further emphasized by poor UI.
Some elements there is very little choice of (one male and one female body??), the ones that have a lot of choice are difficult to find since you have to click arrows for 20+ times to go through them all instead of like, using a mouse wheel or something else that speeds up the process? This UI gives me a feeling that it was rushed out.

Furthermore: the graphic resolution and quality in the character creator is very poor compared to rest of the game, which REALLY boggles my mind. How is this possible for a AAA game? Ive never seen something like this since the early 2000s. This definitely isn't a case of technical limitations.

Ive played video games since forever, and I played city of heroes with its massive options (and third person view). That was the benchmark in regards to options. Ive played SWTOR, Ive played RDR2, I cant even remember all the games with character creators that Ive played. All of them except GTA had better character creator.

We need to talk about the awful and lack of NPC A.I and driving A.I
[...]
Yeah, imo the game's amazing but it came out way too early. It actually feels like playing a.....I was about to say BETA but it feels more like playing an ALPHA.

As surprising as it might sound, it's not that big of deal to me, personally, because I ain't gonna lie, I was expecting it.
It appeared very obvious when they kept delaying the game which brings me to a conclusion: Time contraint is a plague in the video game industry, we should let game developpers do their job without forcing a tight schedule. Video game is an art and art takes time, there's no way around it.

But again, the game at its core is great, at least imo. It's pretty, the combat are very well done and tactical, the character progression system is arguably one of the best I experienced in a RPG (there's so many build you can make it's kinda ridiculous), the story is engaging, the different characters are well designed...

Just, yeah, needed a lot more time before release.
Now to be fair, it's not the end of the world, at least imo (I can fully understand people who disagree with that though) they're fixing the bugs and issues (we've got an hotfix yesterday). It's gonna take time, obviously, but the state of the game is gonna get better and better moving forward.

I don't think the game needed "more time", or "more options", more this and that. What plagued this game was the word "more". It needed depth, direction and focus. They tried to make something big, completely out of their range, and they didn't have the manpower, the talent, the ideas and the right tools to do so. Instead of focusing on what they're goot at, they wanted to make a "deep" RPG within a Rockstar frame with 0 experience in the matter. That's too much: the roleplaying is lacking and the world is beautiful but can't properly react to the player's actions. The game director was delusional.

And ON TOP OF THAT they want to add multiplayer. Are you kidding me.

There is no guarantee this game will work properly in 6 months or one year. Time is not what they lacked.

Last edited:
I have the same feeling in fact And I said it in the forum, I thought I might be alone in this aspect. But I see that I am not...
Yes Dialogue choices are minimal (Skill checks even more minimal) and they often lock you into a single choice to continue advancing the conversation, or both options yield the same result. From what I've seen in Game, dialogue options mean nada. Click either option, you'll get one line reacting, then the rest of the dialogue continues like nothing happened. It is really disappointing, this game is lacking in RPG options. Sure, it has Leveling and Stats, but it's all very superficial.

Yes Dialogue choices are minimal (Skill checks even more minimal) and they often lock you into a single choice to continue advancing the conversation, or both options yield the same result. From what I've seen in Game, dialogue options mean nada. Click either option, you'll get one line reacting, then the rest of the dialogue continues like nothing happened. It is really disappointing, this game is lacking in RPG options. Sure, it has Leveling and Stats, but it's all very superficial.

Yes, it feels like a movie where you can exchange/insert a few lines of dialog. And each and everyone of the NPC's not involved in missions is just a mute (besides the shopkeepers, which have exactly 2-3 lines).

Dear developers, THE GAME - is on. I`ve seen some bugs (nothing lethal), I play on weak comp, but haven`t seen lag or drop. You have the basis, the skeleton, now you need just some meat and feathers on this firebird.=)))

Also, is there any side activity that isn't a "job"? The "gameplay" trailer hinted at ways to spend your money and showed dancing, drinking, that kind of stuff (which were basically the time skip montage in the prologue), but is there any of it actually? Or was it just awful marketing deception?

straight up marketing deception

The game is a little clunky. Like dodging when in stealth and takes you out of stealth. Or melee enemies walk through you when you try to swing. Definitely needs some polish and fixes. Great game so far. But I should be able to have more than 1 save character.

My disappointment is immeasurable. I didn't even get to the Heist mission before the game just started to crash nonstop. I've given up trying to continue the game now. I have to save every 5 minutes to make any progress. And yes, I got the latest drivers.

15 hours in (2 in PS4 and 13 in GOG - at the end of Act 1 - generally following the main quests but doing side quests when in makes sense for the character) overall impressions.

1.) I absolutely love the story, quest design, and characters so far. It's the most important part of any game IMO and they nailed it. (10/10).
2.) The setting and level design are basically perfect. No complaints. (10/10)
3.) The dialogue system is really nice. It makes conversations feel natural, which is a huge compliment for a open world video game. (10/10).
4.) The music is amazing - both original score and radio tracks I frequently find myself stopping to listen (10/10).
5.) Graphics and performance on PC are very good. I'm running the game on medium with a GTX 1650 GPU for my laptop. I have not personally experienced the crash issues or had too many noticeable bugs. (9/10)
6.) For all the worries about gameplay mechanics I really enjoy it compared to most other open world games - especially stealth, blades and hacking. Firearms are very fun too, but the others are very good IMO (9/10).
7.) The character progression systems (stat, skills, perks and especially cyberware) are varied and interesting. (9/10)
8.) UI, crafting & inventory - I really like the UI. I haven't dug too deep into crafting, but I like what I've done so far. The inventory system reminds me a lot of TW3, which is to say it's not my favorite. (7/10)
9.) Driving is functional and at times very fun, but a little over sensitive for me. The combat encounters in vehicles are action packed and blood pumping but not very mechanically interesting so far. (7/10)
10.) Graphics and performance on vanilla PS4 are very poor. I'm going to wait to get my PS5 to give it a try again on Playstation. It's a good thing they did the free upgrade to the game for the future PS5 version ... (1/10)

Last edited:
The game needs a revamp, it fails in almost every way. You need a new director to direct the game to the success it should be.

15 hours in (2 in PS4 and 13 in GOG - at the end of Act 1 - generally following the main quests but doing side quests when in makes sense for the character) overall impressions.

1.) I absolutely love the story, quest design, and characters so far. It's the most important part of any game IMO and they nailed it. (10/10).
2.) The setting and level design are basically perfect. No complaints. (10/10)
3.) The dialogue system is really nice. It makes conversations feel natural, which is a huge compliment for a open world video game. (10/10).
4.) The music is amazing - both original score and radio tracks I frequently find myself stopping to listen (10/10).
5.) Graphics and performance on PC are very good. I'm running the game on medium with a GTX 1650 GPU for my laptop. I have not personally experienced the crash issues or had too many noticeable bugs. (9/10)
6.) For all the worries about gameplay mechanics I really enjoy it compared to most other open world games - especially stealth, blades and hacking. Firearms are very fun too, but the others are very good IMO (9/10).
7.) The character progression systems (stat, skills, perks and especially cyberware) are varied and interesting. (9/10)
8.) UI, crafting & inventory - I really like the UI. I haven't dug too deep into crafting, but I like what I've done so far. The inventory system reminds me a lot of TW3, which is to say it's not my favorite. (7/10)
9.) Driving is functional and at times very fun, but a little over sensitive for me. The combat encounters in vehicles are action packed and blood pumping but not very mechanically interesting so far. (7/10)
10.) Graphics and performance on vanilla PS4 are very poor. I'm going to wait to get my PS5 to give it a try again on Playstation. It's a good thing they did the free upgrade to the game for the future PS5 version ... (1/10)
PS4? Ouch. My condolences.

I found out that it is really often going the same direction /the conversation I mean / , no matter what answer you choose... This means lazy designers, nothing more. They had so many years and now - this. So sad... :( :S

Wrong forum. Moved.
Sry if it's wrong to answer on your post or so, but i really didn't find any way to give a suggestion I'm not alone with. I answer here cause your a mod and hope that it may reach to the devs or so.....
So here: Ya can make some kind of "relationship" with panam like me f.e., but rly why is there no possibilty to call em or meet? i dont mean like "x**-meetings" i mean just have as a partner walking around doing stuff.... would be rly nice!!!
kind regards BlackFox

Top Bottom