Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Haven't finished the story yet, but reading about your experience with the post-main quest line, it's exactly how i've felt when i did the same in The Witcher 3, pre Blood and Wine. Difference is, in that game, i think after the main story, most of the established NPC's were also gone, so it felt that much more emptier. Regardless, it's something that happens whenever we finish anything truly touching, like a good book or tv series. It's a testament to it's greatness.. that ability to linger on in our thoughts to such a degree.

Actually, it reminds me a lot of Witcher 3 at launch. Plenty of bugs & glitches, but a dedicated & passionate team who worked to fix them all as quickly as possible. I knew that this might be the experience I would get as a day 1 player.....yet in truth I am amazed by how smooth my game-play experience has been.

9 hours in & I am truly loving this game so far. Haven't left Watson, & haven't re-engaged with the main quest, & I have still had an absolute ton of content to keep me busy all that time....when I haven't just been wondering around, in awe of the sights & sounds of the city.

To date, I have only encountered 2 grapical bugs....neither were game-breaking though. I also had an issue with tagging enemies with my Logitech mouse-which was mildly annoying.

My only other "negatives" about the game is that I do wish we had a dedicated Blunt Weapon skill & associated Perks, as well as skills/perks dedicated to conversation (Bribery, Persuasion, Seduction, Intimidation & Deception). I would also love them to add more body and head options to the character Creator in future DLC & Expansions.
Note, though, that these are all fairly minor gripes, & overall the game is most definitely living up to all of my hopes for it.

Oh, & you can pet animals in the game, certifying it as Game of the Decade ;) .

Seriously, though, I am absolutely loving the game so far.

I guess this is a good general thread. I just started the game (on Linux in Wine) and noticed that quite a few NPCs only have text and no voice. That's quite in contrast with The Witcher 3. Is that because there are a lot more NPCs in the game in general?

after watching 2018 trailer, the impression i had for this game was different what i got.
Lol I was telling my friend that same thing I mentioned the trailer where V is walking through the train. I thought I was going to get a city that was always active you'll think it would be since Night City has a high crime rate. To be honest im saddened and I don't think I can play the game with the current issues. I haven't lost complete hope in the game yet and will check ever now and again to see what progress is being made.

9 hours in & I am truly loving this game so far. Haven't left Watson, & haven't re-engaged with the main quest, & I have still had an absolute ton of content to keep me busy all that time....when I haven't just been wondering around, in awe of the sights & sounds of the city.

To date, I have only encountered 2 grapical bugs....neither were game-breaking though. I also had an issue with tagging enemies with my Logitech mouse-which was mildly annoying.

My only other "negatives" about the game is that I do wish we had a dedicated Blunt Weapon skill & associated Perks, as well as skills/perks dedicated to conversation (Bribery, Persuasion, Seduction, Intimidation & Deception). I would also love them to add more body and head options to the character Creator in future DLC & Expansions.
Note, though, that these are all fairly minor gripes, & overall the game is most definitely living up to all of my hopes for it.

Oh, & you can pet animals in the game, certifying it as Game of the Decade ;) .

Seriously, though, I am absolutely loving the game so far.
Whats your opinion overall on Night City? do you think they should have done more to make way it more interactive and had more clothing. I kind of what to see whats everyone thoughts because I'm seeing split views on YouTube and reddit.

Lol I was telling my friend that same thing I mentioned the trailer where V is walking through the train. I thought I was going to get a city that was always active you'll think it would be since Night City has a high crime rate. To be honest im saddened and I don't think I can play the game with the current issues. I haven't lost complete hope in the game yet and will check ever now and again to see what progress is being made.

City seems extremely active to me. Loads of crowds wandering the street, heaps of cars on the street. The city is really buzzing, just as I had hoped it would be.

City seems extremely active to me. Loads of crowds wandering the street, heaps of cars on the street. The city is really buzzing, just as I had hoped it would be.
Im glad r its living up to your expectations me on the other had im kind of torn as you could probably tell from my last post.

Last edited:
CD need explain why they literally NERF this version of the game...or launch a versions what we dont see in all trailers... no Metro, no Trains... etc... No AI, NPCs with terrible CODE....etc, etc, etc...

CD need explain why they literally NERF this version of the game...or launch a versions what we dont see in all trailers... no Metro, no Trains... etc... No AI, NPCs with terrible CODE....etc, etc, etc...
I want this too I need to find out way because the downgrade is insane.

I think this game is in a waaaay better state than NMS was at launch. However, I do hope they continue to patch and fix!
In what way? They both were/are buggy messes that promised tons of features that weren't delivered. At least No Man's Sky looked good like it was supposed to, and they didn't purposely hide the console versions and prevent the press/reviewers from seeing or reviewing them, for now obvious reasons. If anything Cyberpunk is worse with downgraded visuals, horrible performance, tons more bugs and glitches, and way more things promised but left out and/or missing. Plus the game just feels, dead, hollow, and not interactive, with braindead robotic AI and exact duplicate NPC's, etc. You can hardly go into any buildings or interact with many NPC's, especially in any meaningful way. Where are the businesses, tattoo shops, barbers, salons, clothing stores, etc.? Where are the things that make it feel like a living world? I thought maybe I quit playing too soon to see these sorts of things, but I see people everywhere complaining about them. Digital Foundry just released their analysis for Series X and PS5 and it's not good. 1188p on the PS5! lol And that's with blurry visuals. Even Digital Foundry kept bringing up the overall blurriness of the game. It's just so disappointing. This game needed another year of optimization and polish. It feels exactly like what it is; rushed and unfinished. And all to make a dime. Shameful.

Personally I'll save the main quest line for last.
Because I assume the game will not react to you much once you complete it.

Now my questions is, are the side missions all hand crafted thus limited in number or are some procedural?
I get the impression the NCPD ones are procedural thus will be unlimited.

Whats your opinion overall on Night City? do you think they should have done more to make way it more interactive and had more clothing. I kind of what to see whats everyone thoughts because I'm seeing split views on YouTube and reddit.
The city itself is the best part of the game for me, without a doubt. Sure it would be awesome if NPC's had more than 1 or 2 lines to say, but I wasn't ever expecting that level of detail. The city is filled with people and traffic, so it looks and sounds truly alive. Wish we had the ability to WALK, though, as the OP said 😉.
Post automatically merged:

You have known for a year that we wouldn't be using the metro service. Sounds to me like you are just looking for excuses to complain.

This game 100% didn't release "when it's ready". I just reached a point where that tipped me over the edge on how unfinished this game is.

Early on you go to the Afterlife bar with Jackie and he talks about a drink he'd like to have named after him. After he dies you can talk to the bartender about it and she says that you can have the first one of his drinks on her. Nothing happens after that. No cutscene where she makes it and you get to drink it. Nothing in her inventory. There's no actual substance to the comment. It's fucking pointless.

This is just one of the instances where it feels super rushed. No thought or care was put into making the world seem genuine. It's all superficial and falls apart under any scrutiny. You can also see this happen with the life paths where it shows you doing jobs for Padre and then later on he acts like you just met him for the first time. It stinks like Anthem where you have missions for a certain NPC and he acts like he knows you but you don't actually meet until hours later.

There is no excuse for this type of rushed garbage. Bugs are expected so I'm not even counting those even though some things like NPC mouths not moving when you use 'F' on them is a constant problem. I'm genuinely amazed that it was launched with it still a problem considering they cared so much about "first impressions".

Couple that with the shady AF lack of console copies for review and disallowing personal footage in a review before release and I've lost all respect I had for CDPR. Corpo shills exchanging the goodwill they've earned from gamers for a quick buck. Disgraceful company.

it's christmas holidays i dont expect any activity or minigame or side content to be added to game, maybe we get 1 or 2 patches hotfix by the end of this year.

They didn't fix No Man's Sky, or at least they didn't fulfill the promises that Sean from Hello Games made during his various interviews before the game's launch, when they only finished the first 8 hours of the game - basically stealing money from people as they couldn't return a game that they played for over 2 hours and didn't deliver the game as promised.

CP2077 however, they did not make such grand promises as Sean Murray did before its release. They also have made many great games in the past, where No Man's Sky was that small company's first game.

The fact that CDPR and Hello Games blocked review copies of the game, that says something. The fact that we are comparing this AAA game to No Man's Sky, that says something. CP2077 sold more pre-order copies than No Man's Sky sold to date. CDPR fucked up, they know it and admitted it. Look at Rockstar, they took their sweet time, underpromised and overdelivered with RDR2. Sean Murray got death threats at his home. I hope the same doesn't happen to CDPR execs. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you bought a PS4/XboxOne copy and were waiting for this game for 7 years and these bots keep stealing the PS5/XboxX consoles preventing you from playing this game.

Top Bottom