Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
CDPR told us not to compare it with gta, yet I still see people comparing the clunky driving, wandering npc's and city layout with gtaV and/or its predecessors.

It's not that it's a bad game, but this is what you get with games that get hyped up(even if not a single word was said about the game itself, an 8-year development game will increase expectations along the road). Truth said, there are plenty of mechanics that have been done better by other developers and in plenty of aspects, the game can look/feel a bit outdated(or at least not "nextgen rpg-standard setting".

Yet, I still enjoyed my first playthrough enough to do a second one later on, after a few patches have been released.

Hello everyone, leaving aside the bugs and the graphic problems I wanted to analyze with you why cyberpunk is a badly done RPG. I've compiled a small list of the bad things about this game:

- No animation present in item loots (like in Skyrim, a 10 year old game).

- Lootable objects in the game world are not subject to ownership rules, you can take anything without anyone telling you or doing anything.

- Related to the first point: total lack of physical property boundaries where objects are contained, except for the areas where there are enemies, but that is due to enmity towards people and not from the place where they reside.

- The only "containers" where you can take items are the crates and lockers. In 2077 probably the sideboards, wardrobes etc. they were not used.

- Most of the buildings are not explorable. You can only visit two / three floors in buildings that are 100,000 miles tall. The elevators were probably poorly designed in 2077.

- Economy of Night city is close to non existing. Besides cyberware, implants and mods, there is not really a lot of reason to spend money on anything.

- No robbery system in the open world. Only in quests.

- Possibility to change the equipment in combat and crafting. It makes no sense that you can change clothes/weapons or crafting during a fight.

- Objects and equipment (cyberware, weapons, clothes etc.) do not wear out and do not need to be repaired.

- Eating too much or too little does not affect the physique (even a simple physical health system like that of red dead redemption 2 was enough).

- The police don't catch you. It kills you!

- The skill branch is poorly constructed because you can train skills by having the relative attribute low. For example it doesn't make sense that I can raise quickhacking skills if I have 3 in intelligence just by doing it.

- The skill branch is poorly constructed because to mount cyberware I need a certain level of attribute, but they are cyber enhancements for a reason right?

- Objects are placed totally randomly. For example it is possible to find ammunition next to a sandwich stand.

- No system of upgrading or customization or repair of machines and motorcycles. To repair the car, just leave the car in a street and turn the corner of the street and call it remotely.

- The levels are related only to our character. No other characters in the game have this characteristic, or at least it is not visible.

- Badly constructed reputation system. There is no specific reputation for every gang in Night City. The reputation system is just another limitation to installing cyberware and doing some stuff. For what reason?

- The choice to use specific skills in combat or to play in one way rather than another is not linked to a deep system of enemy characteristics but only to a personal choice, in fact with a simple gun, a lot of healing and a lot of ammunition you can face and kill anyone.

- There are few worldly activities.

- NPCs don't have a life of their own, the people of Night City are just hardcovers.

- Talks with random NPCs absent.

- Reactions of NPCs are strange.

- Moral alignment of the character absent.

I think an RPG in 2020 must have these characteristics. What do you think about it? Is there any other point you didn't like about this game?

Last edited:
So much focus was put on the graphics, maybe to appeal to new players. That's a very childish approach to game development, especially for an rpg. You don't need 8k graphics with RTX to be immersed if the world is WELL CONSTRUNCTED, hell even a very well curated pixel art + 3d effects can look fantastic.
Cyberpunk 2077 feels like a very beautiful empty shell, "style over substance". I see nothing revolutionary here, just many mechanics nitpicked from other games and all put together in this messy melting pot. I don't have completed the game yet, I hope that at least the story will hold up to the expectations but many reviews said that it is also lackluster and uninispired. We will see I guess. Right now my impression is not that good, I don't think that a bunch of fixes are going to completely change the game. Too much cut content and very little emphasis on the rpg aspect requires a completely "scrap this and remake" approach which no patch is going to fix in two months if ever.

So much focus was put on the graphics, maybe to appeal to new players. That's a very childish approach to game development, especially for an rpg. You don't need 8k graphics with RTX to be immersed if the world is WELL CONSTRUNCTED, hell even a very well curated pixel art + 3d effects can look fantastic.
Cyberpunk 2077 feels like a very beautiful empty shell, "style over substance". I see nothing revolutionary here, just many mechanics nitpicked from other games and all put together in this messy melting pot. I don't have completed the game yet, I hope that at least the story will hold up to the expectations but many reviews said that it is also lackluster and uninispired. We will see I guess. Right now my impression is not that good, I don't think that a bunch of fixes are going to completely change the game. Too much cut content and very little emphasis on the rpg aspect requires a completely "scrap this and remake" approach which no patch is going to fix in two months if ever.
When it comes to story I'm pretty easy to please. I'm sure I'll enjoy the story just fine. What I want from them right now is to add LIFE to the city. I want more Joy Toys, BDs, mini games, strip clubs with topless pole dancers etc. Beautiful shell indeed.

1. I love the character creator. One of my favorites.
2. The story and characters so far are great.
3. Haven't had too many bugs yet (couldn't pick up some cards in the Nomad prologue tower, but that's it).
4. I am terrible with mouse and keyboard in combat.

Also: Edited title for a bit more longevity.
so someone on reddit made an entire list of Quality of Life things that feel like should've been in the game to begin with or would likely need to be added, it's a very extensive list and goes on in just as much detail as needed in my opinion, it's having a lot of traction on reddit so far so it seems a bunch of people really agree. to be honest after what they promised to be absolutely the best/newest of the new i can honestly see why this many people agree to that.

list is right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb22xs

No Walk binding/toggle!? Are you kidding me? It's a Role Playing Game (RPG), and you can't walk!?!? It's the most fundamental element in a RPG, to take in the sights and sounds of NC. What, you expect me to strafe jump around the place like it's Doom or Quake? J'Effin'C fix your game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not able to map all keys anywhere ruins the game and as such never got past the tower before I asked Steam for a refund and thankfully got it or CP 2077 would've been a digital paperweight.

It did however have promise from being able to explore a lot of areas to all the possible builds one can do with their character. I hate games with meta builds and the companies funneling all players toward that build. I play for fun and to fit the playstyle/theme of my character. CP 2077 appeared to have a lot of possible builds and I love that. Just wished I was able to explore those possibilities. :(

Here's hoping they allow all keys to be mapped anywhere so I can come back and try out the game.

so I got 45hrs in. Not going to mention bugs, but the crashing is ridiculous. Ever since the last patch released, the game is crashing about every 90mins-2hrs on Ps4 Pro, every time it crashes it is resetting all my settings (very frustrating). After Jackie dying (crashed 2 times during his death) and being found by Takemura and that situation playing out, the game crashed 5 times within that short span. I never even saw the title intro of "CyberPunk 2077". The game seems to crash in the middle of cutscenes which really ruins the game and any type of feelings you might get from that situation.

All that said one of the major issues for me is. The Story and The Game do not match one F'n bit. This story would be better suited for like a Mass Effect, Last of Us, Mafia 1 & 2 or even a GTA styled open world game where there is way less to do. The story is very very linear and really has no choice based on the outcomes of the ending. The game and all the things you have available to do don't make sense from an RPG stand point, Based on the game design, your character dies within a few weeks from when the world truly opens open after the Watson Lockdown is lifted. The game should've been more opened and allowed for all these Gigs, Side Mission, Cyber psychos etc things to be done in the time period of you and Jackie running around for 6 months, but to open the world when you got a few weeks left to live just kills the game. Who ever was the architect of this game did a terrible job. It feels like the main story is what we should've got as the final story expansion DLC. The way the story ends, I do not see how we are going to get "Witcher 3 styled DLC but more". Unless your creating a new character or playing as that annoying prick Johnny (which I will happily not pay for). Also with the way the story ends and your lack of choice, kills the replay ability for me. I have no desire to restart the game as corpo or nomad as they do nothing other than a different 10min intro and a couple dialogue choices and side quest which doesn't effect anything at all.

The Game itself, wtf happened? What happened to Character Creation? How is it worse than a game like Fallout 4? The way it is, I would rather have them give a generic Far Cry 5 character creation. Every NPC can look better, dress better, better tattoos or style than your character. Really only 5 bodies tattoo's but 11 face tattoos when your see your body and arms 100x more than you ever see your face? What is the point of the genital's? just to see them in your inventory menu bugging out? what purpose do they actually serve the game? What happened to all the animations? I thought the whole point of this game being FPP is for the immersion? You talked about how the cyber implants being installed is apart of the immersion and you completely took that out , what about the eating animations like the perogies in the one trailer or Smoking every trailer V is smoking then you find out he don't smoke. Outside a couple quests those animations are non existent. Then the game mechanics. Overall the Gunplay is excellent, but the Melee, hacking and stealth need some major work. Hacking is clunky at best and messy at worst, the melee is just generic very boring, same with stealth. Usually I would play the hacker stealthy type, ranged assassin as I do in most games. In this game I only do run and gun its the only fun way for me to play the game. Plus the AI is very bad in this game like from a game from 10 yrs ago. Nothing in the game feels "organic" cause its always surprise pop up bad guys or cops, at least have them look like they are running into the scene, instead of surprise pop up right next to you like this is some COD multiplayer. The driving in this game is horrendous I hate it, its just not fun every car and the bikes feel heavy, they all drive like you have a 80mm turbo on a stock 4cyclinder engine with low compression aka the cars just lags and putters until they build up enough boost then they get going, which is how the driving is in this game but by the time you get going you gotta turn. Plus how the heck did you guys design a world with no where to park your car, I mean holy crap is that just terrible. Then its next to impossible to switch camera view or radio stations, so I just tend to walk every where or fast travel. What happened to the extensive relationships that were promised? You get 1 for each sex and that's it. This is nothing like what we got with witcher 3 and triss & yen. That was far better and more meaningful and full of "feels". These relationships feel very hollow after they reached their climax. At least with Triss & Yen there was something there through out the whole game until the end, even after you made the choice of whom you wanted to be with in the middle of the game. Heck it was even advanced further with the Blood & Wine DLC. At this point I see no reason why this game was made as a FPP, the bugs destroy the immersion and all the animations and mechanics that would make it more immersive have been taking out of the game. Actually if this game was TPP it might not be getting the Flack it is since TPP isn't as immersive. Also what happened to Braindance? Has that been completely taking out of the game outside of the mainquest? kinda weird I can buy or find all these braindance but cant do anything with them.

IMO this game needs a giant No Mans Sky/Anthem/Fallout76 overhaul. From the bugs to the story the whole thing needs to be overhauled. This game is nothing what the trailers led you to believe it was going to be. Its a linear story trapped in a open world RPG. There is nothing in this game about making it to the major leagues. Maybe this is the tail of CDPR make it to the majors leagues (Witcher3) just to die right after (Cyberpunk). As of right now, I have no desire to keep playing the game and they will have to do a lot more than fix bugs and graphics to get me to return to playing it.

As of right now I would rate the game 5/10. if you separated the game from the story I would give each a 9-10 (well once they fix the game world I would rate it higher but its a strong 7 right now) but combined both bring each other down to a 5 as they just don't mesh at all.

Last edited:
So far during Combat I have noticed netrunners hacking me, different units using a mix of close range and long range combat. and if you happen to fight the police they eventually send a, what I would call a cyber ninja to kill you. lol it is a lot of fun. I do feel we could use a blend of different enemy types. there is all this amazing tech in the game right? I wanna see some really cool tough enemies in the future rocking this amazing tech. Not tough as in bullet sponge but tough as in they are definitely badass and you need to prep for the fight. hopefully we get something like that in the future.

@CDPR DEV TEAM

Absolutely hands down the best game I've ever played in my life. The Animations, Story, Graphics like UV Textures and Meshes, the Depth and scope of the game, it's all a 10/10.
Sure there are some bugs, but they'll get worked out and there aren't enough of them, on my PC anyway, for me to even care. I'm playing on an RTX 2080 with an i9 9900k and the game is smooth as butter.

[...]

These Developers deserve our praise and adoration and instead you're complaining because you can't afford a better system. Utterly disgusting. You ALL saw the trailers and could CLEARLY see the graphical fidelity would be above what a normal Xbox One or PS4 could handle and yet you still complain and whine and moan. And for the record, the game plays REALLY well on my Xbox One X too. So it's only old gen.

I'd like to see ANY of you, make a game of this scope, this much attention to detail, this much craft, and release it without a million bugs. I'll wait. lol

CDPR you've out done yourselves. You've made the greatest game ever created. Kudos.

I'd like to see ANY of you, make a game of this scope, this much attention to detail, this much craft, and release it without a million bugs. I'll wait. lol

Respectfully, and referring to the rest of your post:

Do you have to be a master chef, perhaps known wide and far, to critizice aspects of a faulty meal that isn't completely shoddy (by no means) but has some funny taste in some areas, or one that seems off from what it was praised as before? Do you have to be a movie director to criticize a movie with bad aspects?

You are fooling yourself if you wash away all the criticism just because you overlook them or like the game more than others feel disappointed in aspects of it.

To highlight it again, I don't think it's bad, there are many strong aspects of the game. But I will not be one-sided or sugarcoat the questionable or faulty aspects either, such as relatively shallow-feeling world outside of certain main and side quests where scripting is happening that you won't (remotely) see in the normal sandbox world out there, the city itself. That's just one example.

Try to understand that some people have more criticism than them trying to run the game with underpowered PC rigs and you'll understand or realize where they come from. The game isn't bad. But it could've been better, at the same time.

In its current state, I call this game GTA 2077.

Visually appealing, compelling, bar some bugs.
But it doesn't have the promised gameplay mechanics and RPG stuff.

I will honestly say the Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing game. I absolutely love it, with that said every Dev team knows that there is always a way to tweak something to make it better. They also know that being criticized comes with the line of work. When you create something from scratch for the world to consume, you are a brave person. for critics alone can destroy you if you let the.

There isn't a single game on the planet that does not have bugs. What people don't take into account with video games is that it is a business. There for if there is a creative side of the house there is also a financial business side. Unfortunately in the creative line of work a project can be halted, hindered, or even stopped for any amount of reason from the financial portion of the business. Which when you have a deadline can cause a million issues when trying to produce a fantastic game. So with that said for gamers to then bash the developers for bugs, or something not done, or a game flopping is just wrong. No and I mean no developer produces a game and intentionally says - I'm gonna make a shitty game so I lose money and piss people off. lol
It's never happened and its not going to because companies would lose too much money with that type of practice.

So are there bugs in the game?
Hell yeah!
Does it keep you from playing it?
Hasn't stopped me on any game before why would it stop me now?
Is Cyberpunk 2077 a damn good game?
You bet your fucking ass it is!

This project was and still is a very ambitious project for CD projekt Red and they did things with this game they had never done before. Not only that but had a big A list star in the game doing hours of motion capture and weapons handling motion capture for the game. The stories alone and the comedy and jokes would have taken writers for ever to make line up and work in the game.

There was a ton of hard work that went into this game and the Dev team at CD Projekt Red deserves to be proud of what they accomplished.

IMO - people need to learn patience, understanding, and respect. it is ok to be upset about something and wanting it fixed, there is an outlet for that. However, to personally attack the Dev team like I have seen online with some peoples comments is disgusting and not right at all.

Just my opinion man!

I will honestly say the Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing game. I absolutely love it, with that said every Dev team knows that there is always a way to tweak something to make it better. They also know that being criticized comes with the line of work. When you create something from scratch for the world to consume, you are a brave person. for critics alone can destroy you if you let the.

There isn't a single game on the planet that does not have bugs. What people don't take into account with video games is that it is a business. There for if there is a creative side of the house there is also a financial business side. Unfortunately in the creative line of work a project can be halted, hindered, or even stopped for any amount of reason from the financial portion of the business. Which when you have a deadline can cause a million issues when trying to produce a fantastic game. So with that said for gamers to then bash the developers for bugs, or something not done, or a game flopping is just wrong. No and I mean no developer produces a game and intentionally says - I'm gonna make a shitty game so I lose money and piss people off. lol
It's never happened and its not going to because companies would lose too much money with that type of practice.

So are there bugs in the game?
Hell yeah!
Does it keep you from playing it?
Hasn't stopped me on any game before why would it stop me now?
Is Cyberpunk 2077 a damn good game?
You bet your fucking ass it is!

This project was and still is a very ambitious project for CD projekt Red and they did things with this game they had never done before. Not only that but had a big A list star in the game doing hours of motion capture and weapons handling motion capture for the game. The stories alone and the comedy and jokes would have taken writers for ever to make line up and work in the game.

There was a ton of hard work that went into this game and the Dev team at CD Projekt Red deserves to be proud of what they accomplished.

IMO - people need to learn patience, understanding, and respect. it is ok to be upset about something and wanting it fixed, there is an outlet for that. However, to personally attack the Dev team like I have seen online with some peoples comments is disgusting and not right at all.

Just my opinion man!

I've played this game up to the Maelstrom mission, just before the mission to get the Relic.
And I've decided to stop playing it until CDPR patches the bugs. And/or make enough changes to gameplay elements (maybe, maybe not)

Just having fantastic visuals isn't enough. Already had that in RDR2, and that came with great gameplay too.

Still have a bit of faith in CDPR though. I'm willing to start the game all over again if they make sweeping changes.

Story line so far: 10/10
Character customisation: 10/10
Combat: 9/10
Bugs: Bethesda/10

Bethesda/10 hahahaha Classic. See and another point made. The elder scrolls is plagued with bugs just riddled with them I have found so many in their games and I love it. It's like little Easter eggs for me. lol

Their games are still good and fun, people still play them. So can we as a gaming community just stop with the crying about bugs. Just send a capture to the team so they know. Be apart of the solution not the problem.
Like for instance my son was playing Fortnite, noticed when he fired the LMG that the animation would constantly get hung up and would always look like he was firing. had muzzle flash and everything, other players could see it too.
So I shot Epic a pic, a recording and a quick message. I got a response back the next day say "Thank you." and that they will look into and get it sorted out.

Like its literally that simple.
When did we as a social society forgot that we can communicate like normal human beings without calling each other out and picking fights? lol
Post automatically merged:

I've played this game up to the Maelstrom mission, just before the mission to get the Relic.
And I've decided to stop playing it until CDPR patches the bugs. And/or make enough changes to gameplay elements (maybe, maybe not)

Just having fantastic visuals isn't enough. Already had that in RDR2, and that came with great gameplay too.

Still have a bit of faith in CDPR though. I'm willing to start the game all over again if they make sweeping changes.
My problem with RDR2 is for me it's boring. Unfortunately Rockstars tried and tested formula is wearing on me feeling extremely stale. I didn't like GTA online either unfortunately.

I have beaten the main story once and am now exploring on a new character and enjoying the environment.

Last edited:
My problem with RDR2 is for me it's boring. Unfortunately Rockstars tried and tested formula is wearing on me feeling extremely stale. I didn't like GTA online either unfortunately.

I have beaten the main story once and am now exploring on a new character and enjoying the environment.

And that kinda makes it worse for CP77 doesn't it?

Late to the game, with the same tried, tested and ultimately tired formula.

And that kinda makes it worse for CP77 doesn't it?

Late to the game, with the same tried, tested and ultimately tired formula.

actually once you start unlocking you abilities things change and your combat and traversal expands.

my problem with GTA is they never try to think outside of the box. its the same old criminal story, stealing, cars and doing dumb pointless things. In Cyberpunk sure you can do that too. However, you can also do mid air jumps, have ninja blades in your arms, shoot missiles out of your wrists. If you get comfortable enough you can scale a building and drop down on your enemy. There is multiple different ways to attack missions in this game. You need to try not to focus on what the game tells you to do and instead do what you can make the game do given it's perimeters. What they have done is given you tools and opertunities, it's up to you to decide how you use them. I mean I have jumped over a guy and sliced his head off while doing it. lol
Post automatically merged:

I mean when it comes down to it not everyone is going to like every game that comes out. Some people like myself like the techy Metal/Punk grunge to Cyberpunk and after learning its mechanics I have been having a blast combining different stuff in the environment to kill bad guys or to take hilarious pictures.
My character.jpg
Hanging Out.jpg

Last edited:
I also feel the general character take we get in Cyberpunk is more refreshing than "same old same old GTA criminal". Yes, some aspects of Cyberpunk are criminal (such as the heist, technically), but it's not like the whole theme evolves around it, and the game for example shows you work with police as well if you want to.

Heck, in some story moment...

... a character passes away unintentionally (for the others). The first instinct of the people present is ... to call police, to go by the book and avoid possible issues. As to their unwillingness to quickly show up due to them being underfunded or having their hands full with other things, you can even be sympathetic and plainly state they are underfunded, or verbally criticize them for it.

Unthinkable in GTA, where police is only ever the adversary. And when you work with any sort of authority, it's usually depicted "out of need" and pressure, with the appropriate sense of corruption of course. See the "FIB" dude in GTA 5 as example, or the "IAA" / CIA guy in GTA 4 as examples. In GTA, crime always is the main story. It's partly their "thing" and it's consequential, at the same time for me, slowly getting stale.

Here, crime is perhaps an aspect of the story or your actions, but not the sole focus. Name implication I have aside, I like that more. I grew quite fond of the more idealistic NCPD folks I ran into and could do quests with so far, even if there's not many in both the sense of gameplay and the world itself as the city kind of puts a dampener on idealistic badges in the short or long run, eventually.

Hello CDPR Team,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for a game that I didn't expect but hoped it would be just like it is now!!!

Yes, it is still a bit buggy, it has still a few glitches and the graphics make some challenges to my, no longer so new, computer BUT the feeling is exactly what I had hoped for. The story is fantastic and the atmosphere is “breath-taking ". ;) - (and I am far from being done)

Alone the tutorial and intro I played 5-9 hours, because I wanted to look into every corner and interact with every character. Currently I have arrived in Act 2 but thanks to the side quest not even near at the end. *no complaints*

As a big fan of Ghost in the Shell, the new movie but especially the original manga and anime, I was hoping to dive into a world that had the themes, problematics and possibilities of a futuristic, cyberized world and I think you nailed it!

I have kept myself away from all spoilers, gameplays, reports and new trailers for the last 7 years. The first trailer and a few screenshots that you just see on the net were my starting point in this fantastic, dark and mesmerizing world. And I am completely addicted to it, like another world you created before.

As in the world of The Witcher, you have brought the love of detail to the point and created something from which one will have fun many hours and a long time - and in the third Witcher part alone, I'm sure I already have about 350+ hours.... so I know what I'm talking :D

In the last months you must have had to endure a lot and I know exactly how that can be. I've worked in IT support myself and have had to listen to the craziest accusations and complaints. In my computer science studies (with focus on game engineering) we spent weeks and months for 3D models, bug-fixes and "improvements", with mediocre success xD and those were just study projects ...

If you can't appreciate how much work it takes to make even a small game, you won't understand the complexity of a world with all the possibilities of free action and the reactions that come with it.

You look at graphics and compare with your favourite games, if you do not like something, the game is a failure and the makers to nothing to use ... “how could they not implement all my wishes and expectations?!?!”…it seems you have to be able to read minds this days to be a good game maker ...

But I don't want to talk about such people, but celebrate your huge success at this point!

You have created a fantastic world and you can all be proud of yourselves!!!!

Thanks to all the developers, designers, storywriters, voice actors, models, sysadmins, PO, scrum masters, cleaners, mangers, support, human resources, finance, post office, bakers and energy-drink manufacturers who helped you create something special once again. (Of course all the others I forgot to mention too ^^)

Many thanks, best regards, stay healthy and have a merry Christmas,

your loving fan - André

PS. should you ever running out of time or resources - I'm always happy to support you :D

Top Bottom