Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I enjoyed the story, only had 2 crashes, and minor bugs
game was good, but SHORT
45 hrs in and almost done all the side quests as well as finished the main story

Romance is lackluster
needs more items for outfits slot
needs more romance dialog after quest completion
game scenes feel polished, but game itself feels like its missing a lot
feels like so much was ... idk cut

anyways, figure ill be out of content at 50 hr mark, so thats my biggest gripe

Man...you guys are getting ripped apart and now stores are pulling the game. Your game is being treated like you treat your employees. Good luck fixing all of that. You have work to do.

Never release too early...no matter what.

I want to say Thank You! Thanks to the design and development folks at CD Projekt Red. The visuals, writing, sound and music, overall aesthetic are all awesome. I have already had some amazing experiences playing this game, and I'm trying not to finish it too quickly, because its so brilliant. I'm thinking of everyone talking so tough, riding Scorpion's bike out in the desert at night, going out with Panam past the badlands wind farm, the first ops with Jacky, the Kung Tao AV Run, the first Arasaka run with Takemura, The brain dance edits, YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! We played Shadowrun, watched Wild Palms, and read Neuromancer back in high school, loved Strange Days , and this living museum of Cyberpunk culture is so addictive is ruining my career. Thank you CDPR team

The game is fun don't get me wrong, just not the one they sold me on..

Just a few rants...

Why are the fixers even in the game? I mean you can go see them sure and get the same questions you ask when you call them. Its a little frustrating.. There's like one quest where you return something to one, but that's it, and it's nothing worth writing home about. Definitely not Writing I'm use to in a CDPR game.. "The Witcher 3 was a warm-up" suuure.... I miss impactful characters that make an impact on me and the world that isn't a part of a very short main story. Consequences remember when we had them in side quest too? How it changed the world or main story?

I can count on one hand how many side quest that actually impact the story and never the world in Cyberpunk 2077. I have played it for over 80 hours now and can tell you there is some great writing in the main story and some side quest that you get only from the main story. Like I said can count on one hand the times where I felt it mattered what I did in these side quests..

What happened to the Street stories?! the stories that would make us feel like we are in a different zone. An arch through the zone or ones where if you killed one gang member or sided with one gang or did a job for one, it made the other gangs in the zone mad and attack you on sight. Again choices that mattered. I knew we couldn't join a gang and that's fine but what happened to the jobs and stories around them. I couldn't tell you why 6 street was even attacking me in one zone while I was just walking well I mean running around there isn't walking.

I couldn't tell you why the gangs attack me on sight yet npcs can just walk right in front of them while walking down the street.. Why can't I sit and eat at a stall or diner. Why does a diner sell vending machine food... why can't I drink at a bar or go to a strip club or do anything that was shown really. Don't get me started on races...

The base is there I can see it. Hell I can see where they cut some stuff out cause its the only way that it makes sense in some areas. Night City does not feel alive to me. I feels like a LOT is missing. I just want the game that was advertised really.

Why did I even customized my junk if its just going to be censored... Remember when CDPR said that Cyberpunk would never be censored...yea.. guess that went out with the cut content. When I say I want the cut content. I'm not talking wall running, mech companion and that stuff, no the stuff they talked about the whole time they marketed the game. Everything they talked about in interviews and about how the side quest were on the bloody baron level. I just don't see it sorry and I want it.

I have been a CDPR fan since I first played The Witcher back in late 2000s, and I would have never thought this was possible. Especially after 800+ hours in The Witcher 3...I know you can do better CDPR I have seen it, played it. Let's go back to that please.

Sorry for the wall of text just had to get this out before it festered.....

I want to say Thank You! Thanks to the design and development folks at CD Projekt Red. The visuals, writing, sound and music, the overall aesthetic are all awesome. I have already had some amazing experiences playing this game, and I'm trying not to finish it too quickly because it's so brilliant. I'm thinking of everyone talking so tough, riding Scorpion's bike out in the desert at night, going out with Panam past the badlands wind farm, the first ops with Jacky, the Kung Tao AV Run, the first Arasaka run with Takemura, The brain dance edits, YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! We played Shadowrun, watched Wild Palms, and read Neuromancer back in high school, loved Strange Days, and this living museum of Cyberpunk culture is so addictive is ruining my career. Thank you CDPR team
I give you that it is a museum. Beautiful Cyberpunk Museum, but definitely not a next-gen game, and definitely far from outstanding, exceptional, innovative or at least a good game. The only decent things are models and character animations but even they are not outstanding, it's not like they're sporting crapcom haIr physics.
Post automatically merged:

gregski
4 minutes ago
Hi,

you are receiving a warning for using profanity and insulting language. This is your 1st warning, the next one will result in a ban.

Please read forum rules and act accordingly.

Kind regards,
Moderators.

[IMG alt="Jahckalope"]https://forums.cdprojektred.com/data/avatars/m/4454/4454882.jpg?1607635416[/IMG]
Jahckalope
A moment ago
So you can have profanities, religious insults, sex allover in your games, more have it as one of the main selling points, plus scam people out of their money and we can't express our frustration. Hmmm, priceless.
Post automatically merged:

O.K. Here we go again.

CyberSpunk 2077 is a borken pice of brick.
It has so much next-gen that most of what you'll see was there in games as far back as 2008.
The only good part is the models and movement animations.
Game sports solutions that were considered innovative over a decade ago.
Suffer from bad management, bad implementation, outdated engine, lack of content, cut content, lack of decent city AIs, lack of modern destructible environment, lack of meaningful city life sim, lack of realistic driving physics, lack of dynamic smoke, fire, liquid and hairs PhysX, no mirror real-time mirror reflections, your shadow doesn't reflect your clothing half of the time, flames hang in thin air after you trip the barrels underneath them, no meaningful side activities, poor character customization, lack of hub management and progression, itemization is ripped off Witcher and is meaningless, as well weapon lack any at least previous-gen animations (Borderlands good example). Character progression is shallow and meaningless as AI is so simple you can kill most enemies with a basic gun with no problem. Most interesting abilities are underdeveloped. Computer systems/environment are simple and minimal and lack variety in objects you can manipulate and use to your advantage. There are no minigames. No drugs ?!?!?!

To me, the game is beyond repair. It needs to be re-released.

Before you even start, make the dev team play through all the series listed below:
System Shock
Bio Shock
Deus Ex
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Watch_Dogs
GTA
Saints Row
Middle-Earth
Battlefield
Titanfall
Control
Tomb Raider
Assassins Creed
Far Cry
Borderlands
Destiny
Red Dead Redemption
SIMS

Both GTA III and FarCry 2 were in development for 3 years by teams smaller than what CPR is sporting.

This after 8 years WOW just WOW, I stand in awe, speechless of what 1,1111 CPR employees achieved in 8 years compared to about 400 employees for FarCry 2 and a 60-70 at best for GTA III, both more innovative and complete games than this one will ever be.
Welcome to Princeland was a more complete game, in terms of "finish" than this crap.
Not to mention you got your country some bad advertisement, shame on you.

You might as well rerelease on Unity or Source or just do 2078 on one of them and give it away for free to everyone who bought 77.
Seriously Fallout 76 now CyberPunk 77 ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kewhky

Last edited:
I have to appreciate overall aesthetics of the game, it warrants 10+ rating, sounds and music is spot on. Writing is great and story captivates (although I feel V's choices dialogue's and actions impact on it, is something far less than was led to believe).

Disclaimer didn't finish the main story, I have +60 hours on PC. Enjoyed playing despite the bugs for quite sometime before things got to me. I played mainly stealth, high technical nomad build using handguns and blades. First build was street kid I ditched after just couple hours to the game.

I noticed all the good animations, thrill etc. was there for the main story quest, while sand box world, side stuff seemed to lack it all in most basic forms. Even then as I chose to play stealth I found gameplay get repetitive (playing main quests), lack of alternative finisher animations did hinder my joy. I was dumb enough to allocate some perk points to knife throwing too, few before I even finally started using it (and quit using immediately).

AI was propably the most horrendous thing in general. I felt the illusion of choice was just that, illusion. What I mean by that is, I felt that my choices during some events or what dialogue option I chose, didn't usually matter even little. Said dialogue options failed to have variance and depth to portray the V I wanted to play (at times). The lack of impact from choices, lifepath and previous missions, side content, dialogue, play style, street cred and how I acted upon some gangs and not others, felt hit me the hardest. This game really needs more in depth system for factions, npc and player character relations combined with better AI.

Somehow there is just too big disconnect between things. Aside from character's past choices impact to world. The quality and amount of animations and depth of content going from main story line to doing anything else in the game feels so vastly disconnected in a way I can't wrap my head around it. I spent so much time trying to find a seat to sit on, around the clubs of Night City it's hilarious just to find out I can't. Having items and stuff for BD's etc. with so much lore and emphasis put on that in the surrounding world confused me, there was nothing to be experienced beside scroll-and-click on missions. I am not going to even go to full detail of content spesifics I feel are missing, since so many people have voiced, many of those things, multiple times before me.

I honestly love the aesthetic side of things, lore and the potential this theme and the world of Cyberpunk 2077 has to offer. I just hope this is fully realised, even by the most outraged players, fans, consumers alike as well as CDPR and investors. Work put in it, not just fixing bugs and improving AI and existing features, to unlock this universe to be an experience that can truly be enjoyed. Until some of these things mentioned above are addressed, world of cyberpunk can wait for me.

Witcher 3 release version worked really well for me. Minor graphics glitches and some quests refusing to wrap after I finished them - that's all.

Cyberpunk is in more rough shape for sure. Witcher 2 kind of shape.
TW2 is still the best Witcher game to me. And CP 2077 has been a blast! Here's to hoping that the DLCs mend my broken heart.

Dear CDPR, when you play Cyberpunk 2077 it's not difficult to imagine where you would have taken your game, but it's time to admit that you simply didn't have the time to finish the game. When i walk through Night City it's not hard to see where most of your resources went to, i know you guys wanted to complete the game for us otherwise you would have pulled the plug a lot sooner on this daring project.

Hello Games showed gamers and developers alike that it is still possible to earn respect from their customers, because no matter how grim their future as developers looked back when No Man's Sky released they still stuck by their game and made it into a game better than what they promised at launch, they didn't do this for profit or any other gains.

No Man's Sky was in a much more dire state when it released, if you need a break after working so long on this game that it has maybe become a sour thing you should do that, take a nice long holiday with a promise that you will not abandon your game and the dream your had for it when you started, sometimes you don't realize you're in over your head until it's too late, we understand your situation completely but also hope that you will keep working on the same game.

Best Regards,

Natasha.

I'm having a lot of fun though it's clear that yes, there is so much missing. But yeah there is a masterpiece here waiting to be finished. Playing on pc so most issues I have are just graphical bugs.

I cannot thank CDPR enough for being the only developer that create games with touchy topics, no DRM, etc. I have completed the game (first playthrough was main quests only) and am now at my second turn. Not a *single* crash and not a single game breaking bug so far. Sure lots of small graphic glitches etc. but unlike the trend to bash Cyberpunk I gotta say that compared to games like Elder scrolls, Fallout and GTA this is way way more stable at release, so thank you for that! A few patches and some DLC's and I'm betting on this to become one of the best game I have ever played - and it is already by far the best since Witcher 3.

Oh and I simply have to add this: My PC build started in 2011. My motherboard (Sabertooth p67) and RAM are both from 2011. So while I own a brand new AMD GPU and a not-THAT-old-CPU (I7 3k) I am still playing CP2077 on a 9 year old rig with more FPS than 99% of games released on my PS4 have o_O:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The sad thing is without the bugs, an improved civilian ai and a little improved police, this would have been up there with the generation defining games. Oh well, lets hope cdpr do put in efforts with upcoming patches to polish this actually marvelous piece of art underneath a dusty layer of bugs, glitches and occasionally dead civilian ai.

no matter how grim their future as developers looked back when No Man's Sky released they still stuck by their game and made it into a game better than what they promised at launch

Okay, I mostly agree with your post but no one can say with a straight face that No Man's Sky became "a game better than what they promised". It became much much better but it will never be what they promised. I'm sure CP2077 will though.

Edit: Small updates(blue text) after patch 1.05 and another 30 hours of gameplay (finished my first playthrough and started another one).
Edit no.2: Another small update. Patch 1.31.

After 94 hours on my first playthrough (mainly because I refuse to fast travel), I can say I was lucky and got a mostly trouble free experience. But I hope this game gets a lot more work put into it to fix, replace, add or expand multiple gameplay systems that are nowhere near what/where they should be. I was just a few hours in and I already thought that this game needs the No Man's Sky treatment.

It feels like like most of the budget and time spent developing this game were spent on graphical and audio presentation, witch are great. The main story is great, the writing for it is good. Some of the sidequests are great SF stories. The Peralez, god damn, this needs a continuation. And don't get me started on Lizzy Wizzy. She scared me more than Smasher. Everything else... mediocre at best, unacceptable at worst (the wanted system, the magic squad of the NCPD that comes after you...) or there needed to be more of it in the game (better naming convention for weapons and addons, just look at how IRL weapons manufacturers name their products and variants of them; what happened to that mayor we saved for the nomad fixer?!).

Also, if you will put [relatively] important story info in text logs scattered around the world, I will collect it but WILL NOT read it. Make it an audio log that I can listen to while doing something else. Look into what Ubisoft has done in WD Legion, if you don't have the money to get someone to read them all.

I will now list a few bugs I encountered or things that I consider bugs or missing.

1. No key bind for weapon holstering. This needs to exist. The weapon wheel also needs to be reworked. I only used it to holster my weapon and, rarely, to select a grenade type. And every time I lost around 5 seconds fiddling with my mouse to find the pixels that marked the holster weapon area. Just annoying.
Edit: Found out how to holster weapon without using the weapon wheel. You need to double tap the cycle weapon key (Alt, be default). The only place I found this information, in game, was a tutorial text when you are attacked while Jackey gives you a ride home...

2. If I press one button once to see the map. I should press one button once to get back to the game. Not one 2 times. Also, the same keybind for crouch toggle and skip dialogue?! Really?

3. A lot of broken animations. A few in free roam, when NPCs interact with something. But mostly in cutscenes. Most obvious for me was the driving animation for Claire, when driving me back to the garage. The wheel spins when taking a turn, but her hands don't move and are not aligned properly on the wheel. Also, when she drops me off in front of the garage, why does she drive away instead of, you know, parking the car in the garage?

4. Unimportant, but... the mirror animations don't play. Also, hair and helmet are not rendered in the mirror.
Edit: On my second playthrough, the hair rendered but none of my clothes did. But, after patch 1.05, everything is rendered properly. I can't say if the animations are ok. Due to my screen resolution and level of detail, it's kind of difficult to see the facial animations in the reflection.
Edit no.2: Now that I play at 1080p, the mirror animations are clearly visible. Creepy, but visible...

5. My shadow doesn't have a head, at least in the few locations I noticed it (indoors and out).
Edit: After patch 1.05, the shadow has a head but no hair or helmet.

6. I only got one bugged gig, south part of Kabuki, east of Afterlife. I never got the call to start the gig, but I got inside where I found a corpo army vet and recovered some medicine...
Edit: After patch 1.05 this gig started properly on my second playthrough, but it's still bugged on the first one.

7. Sometimes, item info cards get stuck on screen after I exit the inventory. And, once, they stopped showing up. I need to restart the game to fix this.

8. If I interact with with one of the endless number of text logs scattered everywhere and press C to close the window too quickly, the camera gets stuck in place. To get it unstuck I need to press Esc and then get back to the game.
Edit no.2: Still happening.

9. Driving from inside the cars is almost impossible. I can't see the front of the car, so I can't see the road in front of me thus I can't see when to turn or incoming traffic. And that's a shame, because the interiors of most of the cars are great.
Edit: This is true for many cars but not all. The Porche, for example, is ok to drive from inside the car.
Edit no.2: With better and more consistent FPS comes better control for vehicules.

10. It would be better if the path shown on the minimap, when I select a destination, was rendered on the road in front of my eyes. That way I pay attention to the road and traffic, instead of constantly glancing to the top right at the minimap.

11. Someone forgot to apply post-processing on two or three audio lines. Two of them were for Judy.
Edit: The last line Dennis says at the end of Big in Japan is from a different voice actor. Nancy has on wrong voice line when getting out of that maelstrom club.

12. I would be good for the games pacing if side missions would be spread out more as the main story goes on. I'm at the Nocturne Op55n1 mission and I already did all gigs, NCPD alerts, assaults, etc. All I have left are those shoot outs that you see only on the minimap. At least find a way to generate more blue icon events. And make gigs available as I progress through the main story, not all at once. More chained missions would be nice.

13. I can't take a nap at Judy's, River's or Panam's place. Stash access is also weird. At Panam's and River's I can't access it at all, and at Judy's I have to be directly in front or to the left of that box to get the interaction prompt.

14. At 1280x720 resolution, if I have a weapon with 6 slots, I can't use the last one down. It is fully visible but I'm not able to click on it to select it. At 1080, I can.

15. There's a problem with the flying cars. You either see them or you hear them. Never at the same time.

16. V's avatar in the inventory screen seems blurred or out of focus?! At least very low quality compared to everything else on the screen.

17. I hope, in time, the small encounters on the map (assault in progress, reported crime, suspected organized crime activity) will became random encounters that will spawn on the map as we play. Not just somewhere in our vicinity, but depending on the event type. A bounty should be anywhere, assault in progress maybe somewhere in the same region. And the enemies could be randomized depending on what gangs are active in that region. This change would make the game a lot more replayable. I think there's already a somewhat random event, marked with a star, that are shoot-outs between gangs. Expand on that.

I play on AMD Ryzen 7 1700x, on a Asus Crosshair VI Hero, with 16 GB RAM and a Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti (yeah, I know), from a HyperX SSD. With textures at max, most everything else on medium, at 1260x720 I get about around 35 FPS, with occasional drops below 30. Initially I activated film grain and chromatic aberrations, thinking they will hide the upscaling on my 1080p monitor. But nope, it just made everything look blurry. After I deactivated them. it looked a lot better and crispier than I hoped.
Edit: After patch 1.05, I noticed an 10-15 FPS increase, depending on the area. I still get drops below 30, from time to time, but the average is around 40 now.
Edit no.2: I changed my GPU. Upgraded to a RTX 3060 Ti. I'm now playing at 1080p with almost everything maxed out, raytracing lighting on medium and DLSS on Performance. My FPS is now arround 50 - 70, depending on location and other factors. I need to play with the settings a bit to get a constant 60+ FPS.

And, now that I finished the game once, I have to say. My depression thanks you, writers that came up with the endings. It really needed some help to bring me back down, because lately I finally started to feel a bit better about myself and my lot in life.

Last edited:
So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

I freaking love it. Gets better each day I play it and I am slowly really deciding on each move how I want to be in the game.

Hold on a second, the guy i just shot is down and still moving. "head shot"

Ok, im back, he is good, had to loot some uncommon items and then disassemble them for ammo.

Ok where was I... oh yeah, each time gets better.

Top Bottom