Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I just finished this on PS5. Spent the most time on it since I did with GTA V and RDR2. I didn't watch any trailers or have any hype leading to launch, I only played it because my husband preordered it, so it was a pleasant surprise how much I enjoyed it! It's my first RPG game, and I get the frustration of all the cut content from the 48 minute gameplay trailer. I give it a 7.5/10, with room to improve if we're given some of the cut content like better customization for cars, character, apartment, etc. I hope that future DLC expands on
going to Arizona with Panam (and Judy for female V)
which I know is uncommon.

Sigh, you have failed.
I have about 60 hours mostly filler content.
I don't even feel like finishing the game now that I know that the main story is like 6 missions long.
True there are six acts and if only the main mission is 20 hours, but there are a lot of secondary ones. I did two runs and started the third one, almost 150 hours in all, and I'm just sorry that all the main and secondary missions are finished, you only have to do the ending, because I would like to be able to continue playing because it's fantastic as a game

Cyberprank .. because it was a total mockery from CDPR to its fans ..
80% of the announced functions are totally absent ..
A linear open world with no ability to interact (with zombies)
Night City is a dead City

FIXED: A bugs part of our RPG experience is having a world that is intercative with zombies

CDPR look at this video and reflect on all the bullshit you have shot at us in these years.

a consumer class action also deserved ...

this is not the Cyberpank you talked about so much .... this is a linear open world for its own sake ...

this isn't cyberpunk 2077 .. it's just a game that looks like it.
3/10
as for me (I was a big fan of yours and very active modder of The Witcher 3 community), you have totally lost my trust and personally I am not buying any more CDPR games .. even if you release The Witcher4 and it is a game 10 / 10 ..
you wonder why? because I don't like being made fun of.

this video sums up all my disappointment.

Last edited:
It's a very average looter shooter with a short main story and lots of 'clear the map markers' filler gameplay. It is very pretty though, but it's all 'look, don't touch' as very little in the world can be interacted with, including the NPC's.

Style over substance, and there's very little substance.

The main problem in my eyes is a easy to solve one : Access to color swap in-game.
I want to change the color of my clothes and weapons to have the same color code during the whole game. Not to change the loot color but when you buy or create something, you'll need to have a color swap option.

Even better : to give name to your creations.

Because I don't have the feeling of being trendy at all for now...
Keeping ugly scavengers clothes because they have the strongest def yet... Meh...

For the game itself, a lot of people have already pointed out the main problem :
This open world doesn't react to your actions.
Scavy and Maelstromers would kill me on sight with the massive amount of corps I usually leave behind me each time I met them but... nah... nothing.
Same things with cops. I can help them again and again but if I stay for too long in front of them it's death penalty.
Lots of clothes but no reaction althogether. Can be almost naked in the wealthiest district with no reaction from the passerby.

Beautiful graphics. Huge map with a complex town. But no reaction at all... Sad.

Would love to have som missions where you can't use heavy weapons and only use smg, blades and pistols. or people reacting when you hold a assault rifle and and a shotgun in the middle of the street. Hell, even Skyrim's guards say something when you pull out a weapon in front of them.

I hope a "No Man's Sky" future for this game.
Not a bit smaller.
He need it.

A oldtimer who has played pen and paper games for ages.

Last edited:
I still haven't finished the game, maybe something about like half of it, but I checked some of the side content as well as some of the endings and decisions online, and the game seems to be pretty great after all :)

Though I kind of learned to hate the scope and the linearity of the design itself.

My current yet incomplete opinion is:
  • I consider Dalamain quest with 7 cars to be completely redundant. Too long, uninteresting, and boring. I don't see how it brings anything new or interesting proportional to the amount of time and the other quests. The same with NCPD "crime locations", tarot cards...
  • While I kind of like common AI senses(sight-radius, patrol,...), they kind of get stuck, are weirdly placed, or hardly move at all, so after like 10+reloads I just decided to run through them (and kill some in the way) :D They seem to be automatically killed once you progress through the individual sub-location, so it's kind of easier as well as less time-consuming. I am not sure if there's some negative consequence to it, though I saw Judy comment on that :shrug:
  • I find the general (quest) design to be kind of linear and (unnecessarily) heavy. Average quest has like graph of 4+ characters who have dark suspicions about each other and it's V's job to untangle it (and spare them all). The "target" (the story subject of the quest) being anything from kidney implant to BDs, suicides, anything really,...As I am given a new quest I get scared because it will probably take like 30+mins to finish (excluding things like traveling, searching the locations,...)

• The weather actually changes and there was rain as well as some yellowish dust storm :)
  • I like the main story, its characters, and everything, though I see it more like a book or a movie. It seems that a player can change a lot more than I thought, but due to the prolonged gameplay, unpredictable dialogues, etc..., I find the outcomes to be pretty much "random" :D Save a terrorist and because he was a secret agent, he will attempt to kill you 5mins later... :D
  • The graphics, city design, music, and sounds are awesome. UI is still kind of a mess for me, but I am getting a much better grasp of it.
  • Pretty much everything else... :)

In general, I suggest:
  • focus more clearly on the point (with every aspect). Lower the amount of the content to like 65-%75% and make it more distinct and fresh from each other.
  • Design hostile locations to be more dynamic and with more care for different gameplays. E.g.: enemy patrols, use implants precautiously (e.g. scan if alerted,...?), electricity shut down, more creative hacking (e.g. remotely hit someone with a car,...?),...The general goal is to make the stealth easier, more interesting, and less linear instead of to switching off the cameras all the time :)

I have to say, even with all of the bugs, I have been enjoying this game. I can't help but laugh when I see the tires on the cars below the surface of the road. Yes, there are many little technical issues, some not so little but I LOVE what I see.

I do play this on PC and do not have a high end system. If I did, you might find me posting videos to youtube with the rest of them. The difference would be me talking about the positives. Should some of the bugs been ironed out a little more first? Sure. But that would have also taken a lot more time. This game was written for two consoles and PC. There are many technical variations while also trying to stay on top of new technology as it is released and utilizing that new tech because, that's what everybody demands.

Let's not forget that once they realized people were so upset, refunds were issued immediately. The disappointments are nowhere near as bad as NMS. That one was a blatant lie on release. This? I'm going to say it. This game has delivered on much of the look and feel I was expecting. Are their bugs and glitches? Have I had to reload a save that was a bit further back than I wanted? Yeah. So what? It frustrated me, slowed me down and made me wonder if I was going to get stuck in a loop. I do have a mission I have not been able to complete. Is it a deal breaker? No.

Despite the failings that do exist, again, I have been enjoying this game very much. I love the world that was created and the various things you can do when you just don't want to follow a mission. And yes, depending on some of the choices you make, things do turn out differently than expected. I'm already planning on a couple more play throughs just to see what I can do differently.

I should mention, I did not pre-order as I wanted to. I actually paid full price for this on PC AFTER I found out it was pulled from the PS store. I made the choice to buy this game after all of the negative reviews I heard and read and I do not regret it.

Personally I don't find the game empty, there are a lot of NPCs, you can't interject well for me it's not a big problem. The game could be better, it could have a longer and more complex story, it could have more choices in history, the romances could be intigrants, it could even review some dialogues that seem to have been cut out of pieces. You could do a lot of things, but it's still a great game that can be improved.

Guest 4528007

iv played about 160ish hours so far, and i enjoy it a lot, it is a beautiful world, and i havnt seen a lot of bugs and the few i seen was not game breaking. the only issues i have with the game is
1: its not 3rd person. (i perfer 3rd person over 1st, but still fun)
2: i wish the game had a multiplayer
3: i also wish the quest lines involving the characters you can romance were longer and had more to them. (even the non romance characters quest lines need to be longer.
but other than those few things i really really like the game so far. hopefully there will be a dlc soon to add more content to it

Despite graphical glitches and a few bugs i'm loving this game regardless.

I'd love if my mantis blades wouldn't have floating nails where my hand used to be but it's nothing major.
I'm more than 100 hours in and i barely started act 2, there are a tons of sidequests and stuff but i do have to agree with people saying that the witcher 3 runs better and doesn't have loading texture issues.

Thank you anyway for the work you do CDPR, i'm sure the game will be fixed soon.
You have my support <3

Running on Ps4 pro and besides a few minor problems which have mostly fixed up to 1.06, it is one of the best games i've ever played. Really immersive, great atmosphere, love the story and how it's presented. Great character details, sound and gameplay. A very big THANK YOU CdPr ! Love it.

The main quest + allies sides are very good and enjoyable, but extremely short and linear. In case you don't do fixer jobs (which are pretty much the same, kill N, steal Z, place virus on D) the game appears to be shorter than any linear action like Uncharted.

Open word is bad in almost everything, except for visual design. It is empty, dead, clunky, non-interactable, not interesting to explore, the map is overloaded with icons of radiant quests and fixers jobs.

My impression from the game - not great, not terrible, I've got from Cyberpunk the same impression I've got from any Far Cry game - it's ok with beer, but it is not the game I will love forever and come back to it over and over again.

RDR2 and The Last of Us 2 feel like another league compared to Cyberpunk...

What can I say? I love this game. I didn't expect anything much since ( better sit down for this one ) I actually don't like the Witcher games. I bought the game about a week after it's release, despite hearing nothing but nasty rumors and slandering, which is what actually piqued my interest in the game, because I wanted to see for myself rather than listen to game journalists [...] which are essentially a toxic bunch and I have deep mistrust in them. So I bought the game and MAN was I in for a ride. Great story, interesting characters, a bit too much sex ( but I guess that is one of CDPRs selling points), awesome character customizations, huge open world that feels alive, and some very nice visuals that pump the maximum out of my GTX 1060 xD. To me 2077 was a huge success, The only game I spent so much time playing and thinking about since I started playing was skyrim and diablo 2. The RPG system in this WORKS, the guns are amazing. The way to customize your build are HUGE. The fact that you can actually see changes on your character after geting modifications is surreal. And Johny Silverhand is a total badass dickface that you must love and hate at the same time. 100+ hours in to the game I've encoutered few incovenient bugs that forced me to restart the game, 1 the FOV going back to default after some cutscenes, and some segment music stuck on a loop. But nothing earth-shattering or game breaking. 2 or 3 crashes but that's like a fart in a tornado. Some minor ones like one guy T posing and some stuff being stuck in the air but those just make me laugh.... when I remember the fiasco with 16 times the detail 2 years ago this game is flawless. And I really don't get why most people are so salty about minor stuff like that since I've yet to play a game with 0 bugs. The soundtrack is amazing and feels very organic.

So for my verdict on this game it's a solid 95/100

Attachments

• Huggs.jpg
    Huggs.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 29
Just a gentle reminder: I think the bugs should be fixed. I think the gameplay features not in 1.0 should be brought to the game.

With that out of the way: This game slaps (as the kids say these days). The story is superb, the execution of it is near perfect, and the subtle nuance in every emotion is some of the best I have experienced.

I played each lifepath and got all their endings. The only thing I wouldn't commit to is 100% everything. Just not how I roll. However, I know even without 100%, the game is just as rich and enjoyable as it is with 40% completion.

Every time I think of the bugs or issues, I remember the immense enjoyment of everything around those bugs or issues, and I chip back in.

The only reason I didn't talk about this earlier is because I go find music from the game on Youtube and hundreds/thousands of comments echo my feelings.

After reading all the crazy things that went on during dev, it makes sense why/how this product came to be. I can't fault the decisions, since the end result is as memorable and enjoyable as it is.

I do hope the updates fix the bugs and issues. That features are brought back in. That we can someday see the scenes from trailers/teasers as stuff in the game.

As a final, I would think a cool gameplay would be full netrunner: jacked in and doing the entire game from the net.

EDIT:
After posting this, I remembered some things I wanted to add:
* More Jackie missions before the heist would be good.
* A few more Kerry Eurodine missions before, spoiler, romance is an option

Last edited:
What can I say? I love this game. I didn't expect anything much since ( better sit down for this one ) I actually don't like the Witcher games. I bought the game about a week after it's release, despite hearing nothing but nasty rumors and slandering, which is what actually piqued my interest in the game, because I wanted to see for myself rather than listen to game journalists [...] which are essentially a toxic bunch and I have deep mistrust in them. So I bought the game and MAN was I in for a ride. Great story, interesting characters, a bit too much sex ( but I guess that is one of CDPRs selling points), awesome character customizations, huge open world that feels alive, and some very nice visuals that pump the maximum out of my GTX 1060 xD. To me 2077 was a huge success, The only game I spent so much time playing and thinking about since I started playing was skyrim and diablo 2. The RPG system in this WORKS, the guns are amazing. The way to customize your build are HUGE. The fact that you can actually see changes on your character after geting modifications is surreal. And Johny Silverhand is a total badass dickface that you must love and hate at the same time. 100+ hours in to the game I've encoutered few incovenient bugs that forced me to restart the game, 1 the FOV going back to default after some cutscenes, and some segment music stuck on a loop. But nothing earth-shattering or game breaking. 2 or 3 crashes but that's like a fart in a tornado. Some minor ones like one guy T posing and some stuff being stuck in the air but those just make me laugh.... when I remember the fiasco with 16 times the detail 2 years ago this game is flawless. And I really don't get why most people are so salty about minor stuff like that since I've yet to play a game with 0 bugs. The soundtrack is amazing and feels very organic.

So for my verdict on this game it's a solid 95/100

there are only two sex scenes in romances and then there are the occasional ones that you can safely skip

So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
I remember being apart of the burgeoning community when this game was announced back in 2012. Back then, the forums were mainly consisting of a small community, a lot of fans of the table top and RPGs in general, and I remember there were many threads discussing about our hopes for the game and the things we didn't want to see from it. Now I understand that we aren't the ones making the game, it wasn't crowdfunded, and as a company you already had your own vision of what you wanted to be. I've spent 75 hours with the game now, took a break, processed some things, reflected, and it has to be said. The thing that surprises me most about this game is that you basically took everything that the older community said they didn't want in the game and put it in, and everything we did want is just not present.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
I should have done the same and went with instincts saying there is no way under the sun they will deliver what they've been lying about for 8 year's. Disappointment in every conceivable way besides the art teams work.

Thank you very much for this experience! A mindblowing story in an outstanding beautifull world! It runs so smooth and in 130 hours of Gameplay i have had only two minor bugs, which could be solved by loading a savegame. So far the best game i´ve ever played in 46 years! Thank you very much!

I have had to upgrade my pc in the months before release, but that was obvious related to the released speccs and media. Every bug was worth the experience.

Ryzen 5 3600 XT, 32 GB Ram @ 3600 Mhz, RTX 3070, M.2 SSD

I feel very sorry for the people, who didn´t expect, that this is necessary, to enjoy this game full potential. But i wouldn´t expect to run doom on a calculator aswell.

ok i play this game and i want some adds,
1. i love night city and cars are amazing, but why i cannot open every cars hood and other parts? some cars have openable hood and back side, some cars no, i'm interesting motor desaighne and other parts...
2. i need tuning, it will be good...(
3. why you cannt ride flying cars? it will be amazing...
4. game need more crashable physics, cars crash not realistic deformation has no, (GTA 4 Has better Crash/ deformation..)
5. and final, this game need third person view, if you ADD third person view it will be more comfortable gameplay...
6. when i am in buildings, apartments i have high FPS, but when i'm driving cars my FPS are low... (i7 870&R9 290x im using Low settings)

i love this project, but my score now is 10/7...((((((
but i love CD project red team, you are amazing guys, plz make some better changes...

Top Bottom