Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Hello,

Back in the day I gave you my opinion on Thronebreaker and here is my feedback for Cyberpunk 2077. I hope this is the right spot, if not please move this post. I will use the spoiler tag as I will write about the whole game.

SPOILER

Some details on my playthrough:

I finished the game in 65 hours on hard difficulty and completed all main and all side quests that I found. I finished one ending and read about the others. I started completing the NCPD missions but did not finish all of them. I also did not buy most of the vehicles. I had 50 street cred and a level of ~46 (not sure anymore).

I chose the Corpo lifepath and basically build a rifle/hacker glass cannon. Initially I started a Handgun built but midway I reskilled into rifles. I focused on Reflexes – Assault and Intelligence – Quickhack and Breach. I also put a few points into Cool - Stealth and Technical Ability.

Ok let’s start with the Story:

I really enjoyed the main story of V and Johnny. It was a nice cyberpunk story that fit into the world. I liked seeing how the two main characters interacted and developed during the playthrough. It was also nice that Johnny made appearances during the side quests. It was a good choice to not only limit him to the main quest. I also enjoyed the potential love interest side quest lines – even though I would have hoped that the cyberpunk theme would be a bit more prominent. All four stories would have worked more or less similarly in e.g. a GTA 5 world, but I have to admit that diving with Judy through her hometown was a great magic moment. The rest of the side missions gave me mixed feelings. There were a lot of standard missions, especially from the fixers. Extract this person, kill that person, upload virus, download data etc. There were sometimes some nice easter eggs but otherwise just standard open world missions. Some side missions started really great but either ended abruptly or did not live up to their full potential (Jefferson Peralez, Lizzy Wizzy, River’s serial killer). On the other side there were some missions (Delamain, Drink Shooting with the 6th street, Johnny’s night at the afterlife and later his date with Rogue, Brendan, Cyberpsychos) that I thoroughly enjoyed but I think CD Project showed in the past that they can do better than that. I was also missing decisions during missions or rather the consequences of decisions. It felt like as long as I don’t quit the mission mid-way it would always succeed in the best way. The NCPD missions were really just uninspired. I think the only use for those missions was to farm and occasionally get a skill shard or special weapon. That was also the reason why I did not finish most of them.

Then I have to write a bit about the beginning and the endings. I think that the lifepaths do not add much to the game – at least in the way that they are currently designed. I expected a nice introduction into the character’s world, similarly to the origins in Dragon Age: Origins. But what I got was a 5-minute prologue before the prologue that I wouldn’t even call a mission. Nothing that was introduced there added anything to the main game (at least I haven’t noticed it). There was only 1 small mission in the main game related to my Corpo lifepath. I would wish that you add a bit more story to the lifepaths introductions and add maybe a couple missions for each path during the main game.

Regarding the endings, I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed. The options for the last mission felt underwhelming. V spent days in Night City to make contacts and befriend people and then I could only choose between Hanaka, the Nomads, Rogue or nobody. I expected something a bit more like the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 or the Kaer Morhen defense in Witcher 3, where the investments that I made and characters that I met during the game would support me at the end. In my playthrough I went with Rogue and I attacked one of the most powerful companies in the world with one militech bomber, 2 companions and one AI. Even without additionally support because of the cut off communication I expected to be destroyed easily. I haven’t played the nomad ending but how should a group of people that had problems with a single Kong-Tao transport then suddenly be able to storm the whole Arasaka base (even with the basilisk)? The Hanaka ending works for plausibility and as a sell-out ending. I also want to add that I have no problem with V dying, this is cyberpunk after all, and the “good” guys rarely survive. It could be a bit more dramatic and less sad but that is just my taste. While the personal messages of different characters were nice during the credits it would also be nice to see what changed in the city because of V. (Similar to e.g. Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect 3)

World building:

Not much to say here. The world looks stunning (even without ray tracing) and the city looks what a real cyberpunk city could look like. I only have some small things to criticize here. It would be nice if the TV and the advertisements on the street would play more different spots. I felt like I heard and saw the same messages over and over. It would also be really nice to add some news about mission events like power outage after the EMP, serial killer caught etc. on TV. If the world itself would react to some events that would be even greater (but hard to manage obviously). In my playthrough I killed all of the Voodoo Boys in their headquarter and it would be cool to see the Animals taking over or similar. A lot of people I know have criticized the “empty” open world and wanted more activities like e.g. GTA 5 but I definitely didn’t miss this as I never did anything like that in other games and played only for the story. Finally, some of the voices of the random NPC characters seemed not to fit to the character model and the reactions of the NPC characters were sometimes weird. This broke the immersion a bit but was not too serious.

Gameplay:

This one will again be a bit longer. There are multiple problems with the gameplay. First of all, the balancing. As I already said I switched mid-way from pistols to rifles because it felt like that rifles were more effective than pistols even though I already put some perks into pistols. This could obviously be incorrect, but I definitely know that melee weapons are currently overpowered compared to the rest. Additionally, I have to add that by the mid/endgame your character is overpowered and even the biggest cyberzombies are no challenge anymore. Some balance patches are needed here to make the game more fun.

Since I am already writing about the skills, I have to admit that while the perks increase the effectiveness of the skills they do not change anything of the play style. (At least for assault, handguns, quick hack, breach and stealth) You do the same thing from the beginning until the end of the game. The only changes are different weapons, hacks and different cyberware. I would like to have more variety for the perks to support more creative gameplay and it would also be great to add some more variety to the weapons. At least add some more unique iconic weapons and/or mods that have special features (like skippy).

I think I don’t need to say much about clothing. The way it is currently designed crafting makes no sense because of the costs of upgrading and because new drops are nearly always better. Please find a way to make upgrading cheaper or to transform the visual of the collected gear. My V was dressed like a combination of hipster and punk most of the time.

I also don’t think I have to say much about the boxing fights. As I had very low hp it was really painful to win these with the bad controls and enemies that can punch you even though you are clearly not in range. Please fix that.

When it comes to the vehicles of Cyberpunk I would advice you to take inspiration from GTA 5. The cars there are better to control and have some nice features like auto align with the street or that the mini map changes with the speed. I think future cars should be even easier to control with all the new technologies.

Finally, I want to end this part with a bit positive note. The basic gameplay features like gunplay, hacking, sneaking, movement etc all work and feel good. Now you just need to get more creative.

Rest: Some other stuff I noticed.

The AI needs improvement. I did not really notice it often because I either used stealth or was too overpowered, but I wouldn’t call it intelligent.

The UI of the menus could be improved. They feel slow and some features are not consistent. (Pressing M opens the map, pressing M again does not close it)

I haven’t seen many bugs. My game crashed only once and other than a few flying cigarettes, some items in the ground or some random weather changes it worked well.

As game that advertises with nudity, I saw surprisingly many women that wore a bra during sex.

So, let me sum it all up: You built a great world with a great main story, some good side quests and a well working but only basic gameplay. It feels a bit like a typical open world game with a good story. But I believe that you have higher aspirations. Currently I see no reason to replay it. You should use the time now to fix the bugs, improve the gameplay and then add more creativity to the game.

so long

EDIT: Dang I forgot one thing that I always find annoying and I still don't get why nearly every game developer does the same thing. Why introduce a danger to the main character that should be solved immediately but then encourage the player to explore the open world. This is the same in Baldur's Gate 3 currently. Please find a better way in the future. In the Witcher 3 you at least had to find Ciri first, so exploration fit into the narrative.

Last edited:
You will need to improve it a lot if you want people to have an interest in the game again.
I find it difficult that after 100 hours and seen everything, people want to invest or repeat everything again working "well".
I guess you don't care, right? You have already sold 13 million copies.
You have lost your chance.

Man, I totally understand.

I can relate to you, as i felt the same, after finishing the game the very first time i felt really sad. And same as you, i needed to let it out, speak to someone, let some steam off. With this pandemic, i spent a lot of time enjoying the game, really immersed in it, exploring the quests, enjoying the lore. I had to unplug from my PS4 and gaming in order to grasp some reality and let the sadness go.

I can agree on the same basic issues, every day i played the game crashed at least 4-5 times, there were a lot of bugs, but i really didn't mind i really enjoyed the game, the story, the lore. My PS4 handled it like a champion i would gladly pay again for this game.

When i first finished i even skipped the credits to save me some suffering. Congrats to the developers while playing the ending, they achieved making me feel frustrated, they totally did it. It was so immersive that i really felt desperation, frustration, the willingness to connect to anyone in the story.

I felt as sad as i felt when i finished a great book. What's next? I loved Witcher 3, and the expansions... They kinda leave it open as you finish both of them. In Cyberpunk 2077 i felt how the loop was closed, and i felt a loss. Same as you, kinda wanted to throw the game off... why to play again for missing content, the loop was already closed.

To save me some anguish i went into youtube to find out the other endings and give me some hope, maybe i made the wrong choice, i forgot to do something, etc..

Same as some posts before:
- Don't close this universe, it's a pity if with the endings it's gone.
- If you give us interaction commit to it. If i go to a bar, i want to experience a drink not to buy a drink and that's it. If there's a restaurant, crap do some animation, make me enjoy some sushi or ramen.
- If i'm going to have a relation to an NPC give me more. I would put useless sms crap and scenarios.
- I dunno why you can "customize genitals" yet it doesn't affect anything in the game. You could have invested that time elsewhere.
- NPC's all around the world needed more interaction.
- Paths needs more relevance.
- Quoting Tolkien and Bilbo Baggins, "like butter scraped over too much bread"

It seems you opened a wonderful universe and we're forced to close it and end it to provide a product.

I can just say, i loved the game. There are a LOT of areas of opportunity, yes, nevertheless i loved it. I really hope this game is expanded and this universe grows, it has a lot of potential.

Almost 60 hours in on my first playthrough and loving it. Some bugs here and there but nothing game-breaking.

I can't really see where all the vitriol is coming from and I don't really care either - all I know is I got more than my money's worth and would encourage anyone who likes the genre to buy it for PC. I can't comment on how the game runs on other platforms.

I hate to say it but people seem to be acting like entitled children, oh well, it's their loss. It seems like there are a lot of people upset that C2077 doesn't conform to what they had pictured in their heads.

I doubt even 5% of the whiners have even read (yes read!) a William Gibson book.
Post automatically merged:

You will need to improve it a lot if you want people to have an interest in the game again.
I find it difficult that after 100 hours and seen everything, people want to invest or repeat everything again working "well".
I guess you don't care, right? You have already sold 13 million copies.
You have lost your chance.

So you got 100 hours of entertainment for ~US$60 (60 cents an hour) and that's not good enough?
It's not an MMO, it isn't supposed to last forever.
SMH

Nice city but unfinished game, cut content.

To sum up : Disappointing
This guys also mention my main problem with the game.

Fake and easy solutions to make the game looks filled up.

Just watched this separately and wanted to post it here, because it nails the topic on the head and I got some good laughs out of it.

SPOILERS

If you want to learn my story: go here

I have only done 1 lifepath, and I'm good with that for the moment. I couldn't see my V in any other way right now so...
My thoughts about the game?
- For my preference a bit short. I would've liked if act 2 and 3 (you being sick and dying) were pushed back and there was more time in between where we could already start building up around the city, get to know some characters that are romancible an lay in the ground work.
- Much more additional speechchecks from your romances and other main characters while you progress through the game, have them check in on you more often or intiiate that yourself.
- The ending, one small aspect of it that makes you yearn for more.

These are the thing I'd like different
But, should you read my story how I experienced CP2077, then you'll find out I was impacted quite something by it.
The game therefore delivers a stunning story with cool characters and an emotional payoff that is rivaled very little. Its a strength.
Gameplay wise I've suffered through some glitches bug and even gamecrashes. but I didn't see that impacting my immersion.
What stands in my memory, are the moments where the intimate atmosphere reached its highs, the characters that you grew close to and of course the bombshell of a conclusion.

So to conclude my thoughts... Cyberpunk is alright in my book! Solidly.

Interesting game, I see a lot of The Witcher 3 mechanics in it, which is not a bad thing at all. I like the mood, and the details, wow!

Although I see like something is missing. The driving feeling is weird: when braking the car, or bike, transfers too much weight in the front and becomes unstable. Overall the vehicles feels too much light and the steering is too sensitive.
NPCs behavior sometimes act weirdly.
I noticed that there's no Police patrolling around the city with vehicles, interesting choice, could I ask why?

Great character design and screenplay. Spot on.

I just feel sorry that your marketing department didn't choose the path of truth. I would be more happy if you decided to go with the Early Access product, (maybe with a lower price), and keep honest communication. Less "Corpo". :D
Seeing your promos and stuff I wouldn't never imagine a product suffering a lot of issues. But I'm also aware that you may had to go through complex situations.

So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
I remember being apart of the burgeoning community when this game was announced back in 2012. Back then, the forums were mainly consisting of a small community, a lot of fans of the table top and RPGs in general, and I remember there were many threads discussing about our hopes for the game and the things we didn't want to see from it. Now I understand that we aren't the ones making the game, it wasn't crowdfunded, and as a company you already had your own vision of what you wanted to be. I've spent 75 hours with the game now, took a break, processed some things, reflected, and it has to be said. The thing that surprises me most about this game is that you basically took everything that the older community said they didn't want in the game and put it in, and everything we did want is just not present.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
I love this game, one of the best games i ever played.
I´m enyoing it a lot.
Shure, there are a few things to fix, but show me a game in which are´nt.
It is runnig very well on my pc and my series x, looks realy great.
Night City is the coolest town i ever have seen in a videogame and the missions ( Story and secondary ones) are very nice written.
I realy can´t understand all that trouble discussiones about this game and i hope that the guys/girls from Project red don´t let them tear down from all this stupid talk and writing.
Would be great to get content for this game for that i never had stop playing it.
Keep your ears stiff and go thru the storm till it´s calming down. For shure it will.
Keep on rocking, your are doing a great job.

On unusual RPG mechanic in this game is that each attribute puts a cap on all underlying skills' levels. E.g. if your reflexes is N, your handguns, assault, and blades skills can't be more than N; once a skill reaches level N, you stop getting XP for that skill if you keep using it, unless you put another point into reflexes. This could become a big problem because if you can't level up a skill, you stop getting rewards from it; and some skills give you pretty significant rewards such as +carry weight, +health regen, etc. I just don't like the idea of not getting XP for anything I do, so I have to use those skills strategically. My current skill chart shows that nearly all my skills are closed to being capped, and I'm short on attribute points, which I only get when my character levels up. So I have to force myself to use the skills that are furthest away from being capped. That is hard to do, as some skills level up very fast, while some very slowly. Athletics levels up super slowly, and it's a miracle that I've got it up to 5. Stealth, otoh, is super fast in leveling. I currently need about 9000 points to level up stealth, and I will only need to dump about 90 enemy bodies into containers, since each dump yields 100+ stealth points. And it will only take me a few fights to encounter 90 enemies. That is why my stealth and cool are much higher levels than the rest. This is such an un-fun way to play this game, and I doubt many of you play it like this. The streamers I've seen certainly didn't, but they also seemed oblivious to this skill-capping thing, because it's such an unusual thing.

This is NOT how other RPGs handle this, folk, where skills usually aren't capped by their governing attributes like that. In Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I can have mercantile up to 40+ while its governing attribute, personality, is only 30. In Fallout 3, I have total freedom in upgrading perks without putting a single point into any of the SPECIAL attributes.

Last edited:
so i'm guessing for you unusual is a bad thing?

i love unusual, new, novel approaches to character development. it's funny you bring up elder scrolls because it has a very unique approach to governing attributes. at least it did in oblivion/morrowind. give me an example of another game that you level up by increasing your major skill points? you want to talk about limitations? you could kill 1,000 enemies using a longsword, and never level up, if your major skills were short sword, shield and acrobatics.

This isn't Skyrim of Fallout. You need to specialize in a build. You want to be a jack of all trades, you are going to have a hard time with this game, except maybe on easy. That is why the skills cap out with your stat. If you want to be good with rifles, raise your reflexes so you can improve your rifles. Study the skill trees and see what you want to make. You're approach is viable but very bad

This isn't Skyrim of Fallout. You need to specialize in a build. You want to be a jack of all trades, you are going to have a hard time with this game, except maybe on easy. That is why the skills cap out with your stat. If you want to be good with rifles, raise your reflexes so you can improve your rifles. Study the skill trees and see what you want to make. You're approach is viable but very bad

It's nonsense to "specialize" in this game, as evidenced by the fact that melee skills (street brawlers and blades) are under TWO attributes. Ranged weapons (shotguns, handguns, assault rifles) are also under two attributes. They did that on purpose, see, so you have to diversify. Stealth mechanics are under THREE attributes: stealth under cool, hacking under intelligence, and engineering (unlocking doors) under technical. You are SUPPOSED to diversify your skills. What's more, I have no trouble playing at very hard difficulty with my diversified build. This is not like fantasy RPGs where there is a clear dividing line between magic attackers and non-magic fighters. But the biggest nonsense of all time is your assertion that some RPGs inherently favor specialized over diversified builds, when in fact, the good RPGS always allow you to do what you want. If an RPG wants you to specialize, it will tell you to specialize via "classes" or some such. But even then, you can often still create your own class (i.e. your own diversified build). CP2077 does none of that, hence no specialization is implied or needed.

Last edited:
You want to be a jack of all trades, you are going to have a hard time with this game, except maybe on easy
The game goes beyond to not punish you for any build or items used. You don't even need legendaries that much, no specific perks. Most damage comes from your level while many missions even if they have a body or tech doors also offer a solution for no-stats or other. There is no consequence, no advantages or disadvantages and at best just some convenience.

On hard and very hard right now enemies nearly one shot you so you have to avoid that which vastly narrow downs how you should/can play though.

It's nonsense to "specialize" in this game, as evidenced by the fact that melee skills (street brawlers and blades) are under TWO attributes.
Cool - cold blood is pretty much a thing for any type of weapon or hacking so even more stats per specialization.

That is hard to do, as some skills level up very fast, while some very slowly. Athletics levels up super slowly,
Athletics is pretty much "bugged" as it's obnoxiously slow and people try to level it by hammering air with a melee weapon or Berserk cyberware glitch.

Crafting isn't fast either but can be tricked by mass crafting of like Bouce Back mk I and dismantling for more than crafted + exp :] Engineering requires lots of grenades but is doable.

Weapon specific perks level pretty fast early on but then it takes way more time - if you commit to one weapon tree then it's ok-ish but if you are in reflexes and do all 3 or 2 then the amount of farming to max out will be much higher than the game has content ;)

Int trees level up rather naturally although if I go with a netrunner type of build I rarely get blocked by int as netrunning requires some int rush to unlock perks to then focus on cool (stealth and cold blood) for extra perks and later on more power.

So in short when leveling up you have to look at your main stat and secondary stats so that so you optimize skill progressions.

Stealth is ridiculously easy to level up because you can dump bodies into containers even AFTER the fight is over, when there is no enemy to evade from. Shouldn't you only get stealth XP when you do something while evading enemies? After a fight, I just take my time dumping bodies into dumpsters and get 100 x no. of enemies free XP, and I can level up stealth in no time. The only problem is that some areas have a severe shortage of dumpsters while some areas have too many! Also, each container can hold as few as 1, but as many as 4 bodies. Another easy-to-level-up skill is breach, since there is no shortage of terminals you can hack, but it doesn't offer as much XP as stealth.

Stealth is ridiculously easy to level up because you can dump bodies into containers even AFTER the fight is over,
Well, as a netrunner 99,99% of kills is from stealth so I get exp for each one under stealth as well ;) And someone got 20 protocol breach from hacking coffie machines and alike ;)

I don't understand your issues at all. My current run has body, intelligence and tech in it. And only crafting + quickhacking are keeping up. I have both perks and levels to decide what to do and mind you in no way I am limited. Maybe if 6th tree was available I would, but now it is too easy even. Only chore is leveling body as it is very slow. Leveling everything else is just using it. Need engineering? Craft stickie nades and use any slow motion cyberware. Drop nades on enemies and watch them burn while having your exp. Weapons are too easy - just kill. Same with quickhacks. Breach protocol levels with quickhacks because it is must do thing on enemies if you want to take them out faster and deal more damage. Cool tree levels super easy, do takedowns and if you can hide bodies even if there is no need to do it.

I don't understand your issues at all. My current run has body, intelligence and tech in it. And only crafting + quickhacking are keeping up. I have both perks and levels to decide what to do and mind you in no way I am limited. Maybe if 6th tree was available I would, but now it is too easy even. Only chore is leveling body as it is very slow. Leveling everything else is just using it. Need engineering? Craft stickie nades and use any slow motion cyberware. Drop nades on enemies and watch them burn while having your exp. Weapons are too easy - just kill. Same with quickhacks. Breach protocol levels with quickhacks because it is must do thing on enemies if you want to take them out faster and deal more damage. Cool tree levels super easy, do takedowns and if you can hide bodies even if there is no need to do it.

My issue is that I probably did too many side activities, which didn't give me as much XP as the main quest and major side quests. Hence, I leveled up less frequently and got fewer attribute points, thus limiting my skill levels. But I've played other RPGs in which I didn't have this problem. In a more "robust" design you can ideally do as many side quests you want without this kind of penalty. So this, to me, is still an issue with this game's design.

My issue is that I probably did too many side activities, which didn't give me as much XP as the main quest and major side quests. Hence, I leveled up less frequently and got fewer attribute points, thus limiting my skill levels. But I've played other RPGs in which I didn't have this problem. In a more "robust" design you can ideally do as many side quests you want without this kind of penalty. So this, to me, is still an issue with this game's design.
it is issue of you not understanding design as is. PnP games tend to put you at disfavor. And cyberpunk is lax at this. Very lax. It is very easy game even on VERY HARD compared to Stoneshard(which has only one difficulty) for example. Or try playing DnD or PnP. You'll get the idea. Or check out Classic RPG games and not the trash modern kids claim to be RPGs like that Ubisoft crap. Or Bethesda scams. Try original Fallout 1/2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin.

With reflex 3 I can still beat most of the content on Very Hard using random common pistol. Or smart pistol if I am too lazy to aim. No need for perks or stats. Only bosses will be of challenge. Design like in Gothic would set you on a straight path punishing you for trying stuff you are not supposed to do and limit what you can do. And that's perfectly fine. Allowing you to be a prodigy is unfair and removes any challenge, not like it is there by any means in current state of the game. Making perks a bit better or more creative is step in making what we have in current system. Allowing us to level weapons by shooting is correct as it is pretty realistic, but it still should be slowed down so you don't level as fast and there should be "trainers"/"experts" that would for payment teach you some crucial things allowing you progress faster. It is like doing programming, you can get better, but if there is advice and review of your performance you'll do it better. Same goes for blades or unarmed. But it will make stuff only more complex and people will cry that is too hard.

Last edited:
it is issue of you not understanding design as is. PnP games tend to put you at disfavor. And cyberpunk is lax at this. Very lax. It is very easy game even on VERY HARD compared to Stoneshard(which has only one difficulty) for example. Or try playing DnD or PnP. You'll get the idea. Or check out Classic RPG games and not the trash modern kids claim to be RPGs like that Ubisoft crap. Or Bethesda scams. Try original Fallout 1/2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin.

With reflex 3 I can still beat most of the content on Very Hard using random common pistol. Or smart pistol if I am too lazy to aim. No need for perks or stats. Only bosses will be of challenge. Design like in Gothic would set you on a straight path punishing you for trying stuff you are not supposed to do and limit what you can do. And that's perfectly fine. Allowing you to be a prodigy is unfair and removes any challenge, not like it is there by any means in current state of the game. Making perks a bit better or more creative is step in making what we have in current system. Allowing us to level weapons by shooting is correct as it is pretty realistic, but it still should be slowed down so you don't level as fast and there should be "trainers"/"experts" that would for payment teach you some crucial things allowing you progress faster. It is like doing programming, you can get better, but if there is advice and review of your performance you'll do it better. Same goes for blades or unarmed. But it will make stuff only more complex and people will cry that is too hard.

Utter nonsense. This game doesn't just "slow down" your skill leveling, but stops it on its track completely once it is capped. NAME ME ONE GAME that stops you from leveling a skill once you obtained it. You either level up to obtain the skill, but never obtain a skill and then have its progress completely halted, now do you. You brought up classic games as examples, so you should know that attributes always govern underlying skills via carefully designed formulae and such. Here, the only "governing" is that an attribute caps its skill levels, which is SO simplistic. Also, some of the skill perks already have attribute requirements, so there is really no need to cap the skill level.

The bottom line is this artificially capping of skills does not reward me when I do something legitimately. I'm playing at very hard difficulty and have no problems in combat, as you would expect in a diverse build like mine where every combat tactics works well for me. But I'm not being rewarded for doing things right. And THAT is a problem. In every fight, I could get at least 1000+ XP for whatever weapon/skill I use. So when skills are capped, thousands upon thousands of XP are lost! JUST WAIT TILL you run into this problem and you will no doubt agree with me. As I said, I never had this artificially created problem in many past RPGs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom