Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
To be honest, I loved the game. But it would have been great to have more interaction with the NPCs, especially your love interest, and that the ending would not depend on one final choice only. In all truth, performance-wise it was not sooo terrible, and I played it on a PS4 pro...:ok:

Multiple endings are no secret, so just bait for someone to post without spoiler tags I guess. But thanks, appreciated. And as opportunity present itself, I take it. A lot can be said without spoiling anything.

Subtlety you mention, that was huge factor contributing to my experience. Without spoilers, someone may ask a favour, went with it, didn't really liked the outcome, so I cheated by this handy time machine "load save" and did something differently and outcome was also very different. Happened to read later that there are three possible outcomes, depending from player choices. Subtlety in this context means that there's nothing jarring, nothing earth shattering, that wouldn't even make sense in larger scope of game.

There are different types of tasks to do in game world and not all of them have some sort of branching story line, nor should. Delivery mans job is to deliver stuff. He may visit lots of places, but that doesn't mean he is involved in any other function than delivering packages. While V isn't exactly delivery man, he often just have certain function, does the job and only consequence is that V gets paid. Nature of jobs and that there isn't any other consequence kind of gives its own flavour to what kind of city, the Night City is.

I honestly don't care anymore.
I got my refund.

If you want to pretend a last minute decision on picking door number 1, 2 or 3 is what a good RPG is then I guess Mass Effect 3 was the greatest RPG ever produced and their multi colored ending is the peak that no game can ever ascend beyond.
I might give this game a shot many years in the future when its 10$ and all the DLCs are released. Bye until then I guess.

Last edited:
photomode_09012021_093046.png

no regrets.png

269 hours played and counting.
A lot to improve still though.

Half-baked, incomplete endings, where V dies in 6 months no matter what, killed all good impression from the game and replayability. And if CDPR tries to sell the closure of V's story as paid expansion, CDPR will join the ranks of EA, Ubisoft and other corpos.

I own a steam version of cyberpunk2077
My pc specs are:
windows 10 pro
i7 6700k cpu
GTX 1080ti
1000 watt power supply
32 gigs of ram
also taken to a computer tech to make sure its not my computer

when I play I get between 20- 30 crashes in a day of playing caused by major fps drops, so I understand frustrations, but I can not understand why so many are upset at CDPR when they even admitted they messed up people just need to give them time to fix things please.

I love this game since its release even with crashes there is so much to explore I put in my 1st game play so far 295 hrs yet to complete it just exploring I can see how hard all the devs have worked on this game, I can see cut content and so many bugs but its a game all games comes out with many bugs. CDPR did say there is free dlc content coming they will add the missing stuff later

I love this game even with all bugs and crashes I can not wait until they fix this game and it will become the best game ever
thank you to all at CDPR and the devs for all the hard work :)

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
I own a steam version of cyberpunk2077
My pc specs are:
i7 6700k cpu
GTX 1080ti
32 gigs of ram
also taken to a computer tech to make sure its not my computer

when I play I get between 20- 30 crashes in a day of playing caused by major fps so I understand frustrations, but I can not understand why so upset so many people are they admitted they messed up people just need to give them time to fix things please.

I love this game since its release even with crashes there is so much to explore I put in my 1st game play so far 295 hrs yet to complete it just exploring I can see how hard all the devs have worked on this game, I can see cut content and so many bugs but its a game all games comes out with many bugs. CDPR did say there is free dlc content coming they will add the missing stuff later

I love this game even with all bugs and crashes I can not wait until they fix this game and it will become the best game ever
thank you to all at CDPR and the devs for all the hard work :)
Which Windows and what's your power supply?

DC9V

Forum veteran
thank you I missed that already fixed on the post
Your psu looks decent. Sometimes it helps to use two seperate pcie cables for the 1080ti in order to avoid voltage spikes that could be detected by the psu causing system restarts. I had that issue with my 2070s. the solution is to use one cable for the 8pin (6pin+2pin) and don't use the other 8 pins coming from that cable, and use another pcie cable for the 6 pin (sometimes it's a second 8pin), so you have two cables connected to your psu.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, good luck with your PC! glad to see you were still able to enjoy the game. It's truly amazing!

The game is dull but portrays a lot of potential.

It lacks many of the features that were advertised and made lots of players buy it. No matter what the diehard fans say, the game is lacking. It's not a "next generation open world RPG game like never seen before". Nope, it's not. Nice graphics. I mean, full of bugs, but nice graphics. But that's it.

You can't shape your character's personality, you can't change your body after the rather lacking character creation screen, your lifepath has no impact on the game, the stealth and cover systems are extremely poorly executed, cars can't be customized or upgraded, meaning they are kind of pointless, quick travel system is kind of ok, but I would prefer a train or subway (as constantly advertised and later removed).

I accepted the 1st person because according to CDPR "don't worry, you will see your character a lot". Well, no, you don't see your character until the end of the game. And just a little. And my god the AI...

There is something about this game that still drags you in, but stay away from the main quest and you'll discover that it's empty. Lifeless.

Very drastic changes must be done in this game for it to recover. Yup, there are some players who truly like it the way it is. There is people for everything. You can even find people who like to eat poop. So it's no surprise to see people who like the game as it is now. Of course, if you have a 2.000/3.000 € PC your Cyberpunk will run better. But not everyone can have a machine like that, and even so, there are still many, many bugs and the bad design decisions remain, starting with the 1st person only, pointless decisions, useless lifepaths, meaningless vehicles, and so on. And what's with the countless "locked" doors throughout the game? That was another poorly executed design decision. I can keep counting forever but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Now my hope is that CDPR will patch it a lot and add LOTS of cut contents to really make it the open-world many of us were expecting.

Again, I would accept a 1st person only game if you could see your character in cutscenes, during cover, and so on. But this is not that. Check "The Outer Worlds" and you'll get an idea. You never, ever see your character again unless you find a random mirror. So yeah, CDPR also lied about that.

Bugs can be fixed, but lies are lies and that will be harder to clear.

No crash for me (R5 3600 32 Go and 3070 WFHD).

(sorry for my bad english)
I would say to developpers : A big thank you for this game (after all toxic critism we have, being critic is good but too many is toxic. But i think perhaps this game should not sales to xbox one and ps4.)

This is the biggest and innovative game since Deus Ex (2000). Keep the good work done, the lore is awesome and you could improve interaction and universe with dlc, this is a dream, so potential in this game, i dream it never finish.

Wish you all the best CDProjekt Red ! Thank you for this masterpiece !

I managed to play and complete the game during the holidays (played about 80 hours), as I played a little on the day of release, and then the work of the pre-holiday fuss and everything that follows from this. I especially want to say a HUGE THANK YOU! CD Projekt RED for this action / RPG game. I have not spared a penny, as well as the time spent on this game. Of course, the guys can see that they have little experience in developing games with such a setting. I just do not take the Witcher series of games in circulation, which is also a truly chic game. But the guys managed to show the world once again that not only Rockstar Games and Ubisoft are able to make games with an open world and a well-developed plot. Yes, I agree that the game had a lot of bugs from the start, but this did not prevent me, like many other players, from getting into the atmosphere and plot, I'm not afraid to say, an excellent and high-quality action movie with a dramatic end. Special thanks to the writers, directors, game designers and actors. Your plot is not a plot. This STANDARD is not afraid of this word, which is equal to other developers. An exciting plot, live characters to which you are imbued and attached. A gorgeous soundtrack in the game, which sometimes gives you goosebumps! Side missions are hand-crafted events with references to various games, movies, and works. And what a chic city with skyscrapers, streets, desert, Especially the city is chic at night. As a result, you will have a great potential for implementing various classes, add-ons, but first you need to refine the engine. Guys just need time to refine and do not scold them much and heitit. They have long proven that they can make high-quality large-scale games. In this project, they simply became hostages of their own ambitions, they wanted to realize a lot. But alas, it did not work out. I sincerely want to wish the guys from CD Projekt RED strength and patience for the completion of this game.

I have never been so conflicted regarding on how I should review a game.

I really enjoyed my first playthrough. I've played for about 70 hours. The visuals are great, I liked most of the characters (or loved to hate others) and had a blast with the story and side missions.

But i can't bring myself to start a second playthroug at the moment. The ending was kind of a let down for me, but that's not the main reason (Personally I think most endings leave room for future DLC/expansions).

CP was the first game i purchased from CDPR. I did not know a lot about the company and I do not have a history in playing video games. I played one or two MMORPGS for a few years but that was about it. CP was one of the few games that really intrigued me. I followed the production of CP loosely, watching a few videos now and then but I always tried to keep my expectations and hype in check. After watching the Night City Wire episodes and listening to a few interviews I have to say that, while not outright promising certain features, the trailes etc. heavily implied or suggested features that never made it in the game.

I was not expecting every NPC to have a unique daily routine or let you browse through hundreds of dialoge-options with your romantic choice, but the marketing of this game really set the bars high. Terms like "genre-defining" were put out, and I couldn't help myself but to think "This will be something really big". In hindsight I personally think that the backlash (other than bugs and the launch problems) would've been significantly smaller, if the game itself hadn't built up so many expectations. But then it wouldn't have sold so well.

Time is another factor that plays a big role. I think the game would've needed much more development time. But after postponing the game's release date so many times they would've lost any credibility. They should've never officially announced a release date so early on when the game cleary had some issues.

So after all I do not know what I sould say...Were my expectations simply too high? Am I nitpicking and the game is actually a masterpiece? Are the gameplay trailers and interviews misleading? Did the game not live up to it's supposed standards? All of the aforementioned?

I have had much fun in this game but I want it to be better than it is now.

I'm really conflicted.

I honestly don't care anymore.

I got my refund.

If you want to pretend a last minute decision on picking door number 1, 2 or 3 is what a good RPG is then I guess Mass Effect 3 was the greatest RPG ever produced and their multi colored ending is the peak that no game can ever ascend beyond.

I might give this game a shot many years in the future when its 10$ and all the DLCs are released. Bye until then I guess.

I'm glad you got your refund. I didn't had that option after witnessing all those three endings in Mass Effect 3. Gotta disagree about Cyberpunk 2077 endings, that I liked and make sense in universe, are anything like ME3 endings.

ME3 endings were like writer ate quantum mushroom and got glimpse from the future, that happened to be Christopher Nolan film from 2020 and then after coming down from mushroom took some acid thought "Screw Nolan, let's add some MAGIC!"

They could went just by fleshing out one of the endings, red or blue easily but it was indeed quite baffling. Scissors, razor, shaving machine, those were made sense but... shotgun. I recall myself thinking, how this is going to be gaming history but one helluva weird way to get yourself in there.

Well, then maybe they kept grunge beards.

Cyberpunk 2077 endings are like from Cyberpunk short stories, or Noir that was huge influence to early Cyberpunk literature. Nothing to do with bad psychedelic trip, that could actually describe most of ME3.

Im playing on X Box One S, really love the game and story so far, although I've had a few glitches since playing

1) Crashes back to the home screen while finding locations on map (only started recently)

2) When exiting vehicle my mantis blades scroll up and down in front of me even when I have no weapon drawn ( seems to be ok of late) or getting back In the vehicle and exiting again usually stops it

3) Glitches with some side missions, mainly the hunt, where no matter what I do I can't get river to follow me up on the roof and in the barn at the farm,

I'm going to try the hunt again after other side missions so hopefully I can get past that

4 temporary freezing during high speed driving and sometimes I cannot run only move at a very slow pace

a rushed Early access released as the finished product, you can see what the Devs wanted to make almost at every corner yet they were forced to wrap things up and released the game without even reaching the middle of their goals

technically it is a finish product since the story reached it's climax, but the main story might be the only "complete" thing in the game as of 1.06

hopefully the Devs get the time to make what they envision to make since the bloody pressure for a release is now over

I have always relied on Blade Runner and books, but i remember that this is just a game, it is not dystopian at all, there is no trace of pollution, a sky that is too clear and clean, there is no sense of oppression and above all it is lacking.
The jargon of the characters that should characterize a Cyberpunk society, since it should be characterized and centered by their stories, everything is missing here, the soundtracks are pity, where is the Synthwave music?
Did you really believe that the presence of Keanu Reaves would save this title? apart from the fact that throughout the game it's like having a thorn in the ass and after a while it gets tiring always having it in the middle of your feet, his jargon is identical to when he plays in any movie, nothing different, i wonder if CDPR have never read any books or seen the real old movies about the cyberpunk genre and how this society should be represented.
What is this game?
A simple shooter with a few skyscrapers and 80's aesthetic cars, some people should first learn what the cyberpunk genre is!
Side missions lead nowhere, everything is the same, this title cannot be fixed in any way.
Silverhand is actually one of the worst things in the game.
Everything, and i mean everything involves him after you get the chip and the the entire mission becomes about him.
Even in the endings, the only one where V's body can continue living is by giving it to Silverhand killing V.
He completely killed the game, the game is at its best pre chip, imagine what the game could have been, a true RPG without, Johnny basically pulling a hostile takeover on your own body and hijacking the entire plot.
Rebooted the entire plot, to make him the central focus, thereby ruining this game.
The only thing that can be fixed are the billions of bugs and this will not be enough to save the title, not even the AI can be repaired because it should be redone from scratch, this title is a prototype, all non-player characters are identical, of the zombies walking without any expression, yet it was said that each neighborhood would have different behaviors based on the various ethnic groups, in practice a different jargon and this is how it should be, instead the dialogues are just a false impression and do not change the choices because whatever you do there is only one solution.
Impossible to save this title because is totally different from cyberpunk culture.
Onest review on the link above from other player:

1º - We really need a Transmog feature... Cyberpunk 2077 is an outstanding game, a masterpiece, but ironically it's weakest aspect is by far the clothing mechanic, especially due to item stats. Most of the time your character looks like an absolute clown and is just impossible to look the way you want without neglect your build. It’s something that you guys already know the players want it since the beginning, and even made several advertisements on the subject, like trailers and posters, always displaying “fashion is everything”, pushed really hard the mindset that “the way you look is everything in night city”, and just wasn't on the game.

2º A playthrough without Tech on Max is just impossible in higher difficulties. You just need to upgrade your weapons! We may perhaps find someone who could do the Tech work for us in exchange of eddies. Once again, you could pass on it, but doing so you will neglect your build. (We must not forget that it is also vital for keeping some of the armor/clothing pieces that you want still usable. So you need Tech not just for the quality of the gear, but also to get at least the chance to try to look the way you intended. The tech crafting and loot system are just boring and time consuming, and not in the good way)

3º We have already a huge variety of car models in game, but damned, why we can’t choose which one we have? If I want to roleplay a wraith, I can steal one of theirs cars, but I can’t have one for my own. Or simpler than that, the Aerondight that you can buy, is just chrome with red, you can't made him look the way you want it at all. I'm not talking at high level of customization, I understand the fact brought on development that there were already many models within the game, so a mechanic to customize the car with stickers and so on would be too much work; What I'm saying is that there are already several custom cars around the world that I would love to have, but I can’t.

4º We can’t work with any mega corporation. Militech for instance, became just a bandit spawn on some street. It is as if the whole game pushes you towards quests for nomads and street kids, where corpos have been abandoned aside. Obs: Meredith Stout is such wasted potential :(

Roleplaying is the real motive for me to play Rpgs. I want to be able to look like an arasaka assassin, a wraith, a militech soldier, a tyger claw samurai, a cowboy, a rockerboy, maybe just a cool merc, and so on and on… We have so much possibilities already in the game, but we can't choose any of it.

250 hours in the game, and I love it. I hope this roleplaying issues are attended :(

First things first:
I love the game.
No one, player or developer, likes the bugs, I also didn't encounter anything game-breaking during my playthroughs and the game crashed exactly one time during 150+h (PC).

I'm a tabletop rpg player and knew the lore CP2077 builds on before release (also preordered and read through the new Cyberpunk Red rulebook.)
Going to Night City in the game was like... whoa! ...
Can't even describe it! There's so much love and respect for the lore in this game, and the design of that City is absolutely on-spot!

The negatives:
- I came to hate the leveling system quite a lot... In the tabletop RPG a gunshot can be pretty deadly no matter who fired it, and the game with its bullet-sponge enemies feels pretty meh compared to that. Levels for guns _never_ work. A headshot is a headshot is a...
- Don't like the lootspam.

So far I played through two times. First time I went for an alrounder with focus on handguns and assault weapons, which was quite fun. Second I played what my wife calls the "Hacking Katana Kangaroo" which gave the expression "hack and slash" a new meaning...

The City and getting around:
Loving the city I naturally roamed it a lot and I can't say that I disliked the handling of cars as much as most other people I talked to. If you don't go full-speed all the time it works pretty well (playing with M+K.) I got to say though, that I think vehicles are just a means to an end and apart from getting from A to B fast I had no particular interest in them which seemed to correspond with how the game wants them to be used.

Night City is absolutely gorgeous! I see a lot of RPG Cyberpunk, I see Blade Runner (Movie) and William Gibson's Sprawl! All those layers and tech mixing with low-life, trash and poverty. There are markets and entire districts beneath highway bridges. The style of cars and fashion stuck in the 80s and 90s by decades of war and catastrophe contrasted by the high-tech designs of the high and mighty. I love Night City to bits.
I didn't expect all those citizens to be highly interactive, so I didn't mind at all that they didn't have daily routines. I can't remember meeting two identically looking people though which is quite the feat.

Story (no spoilers):
I liked the storytelling and characters a lot. Also how cutscenes are seamlessly connected to gameplay (also beautiful motion capture and animations in most cases which often made it feel like watching a movie.)

The main story itself might not be very long, but there are so many side-missions created with the same detail and effort that I didn't mind at all. Actually, I liked that approach a lot! The story is wonderfully scattered all over the city.
Sometimes I missed a few options on how to respond to certain things, but V being a preset character having her/his own mind, I didn't really mind much (no pun intended.)
I also liked Silverhand a lot, and the fact that he's played by Reeves was a stroke of genius. Johnny being a very charismatic Rebel-Rockerboy in the game world, he should come with tons of natural charisma.
Looking past our golden god, Johnny is a very well-written character and very much in line with the original from the pen and paper RPG. They perfectly managed to make him walk the fine line between love and disgust...

Gameplay:
CP2077 plays a lot like an open-world Immersive Sim, and I really love Immersive Sims.
I'm not a fan of progression by levels though. In any game.
I think it's more bearable in fantasy games and in a setting dominated by firefights it just doesn't work.
So actually, this is the most dissatisfying part of CP2077 for me: the leveling of character and weapons.
While gaining advancement points level by level is a good thing, level-based weapons are an atrocity in my opinion.
It doesn't have as much impact with melee weapons, but NPCs being bullet sponges is just nasty.

If ANY NPC in a game eats ten bullets to the head and is still standing that's just wrong. ONE should be enough for any non-armoured head.

It's also "meh" entering a room, then putting three shotgun rounds into someone at point blank and they are shooting back... A mess on the floor - that's what they are supposed to be in this situation, no matter the level of my gun, the npc or my skill choices. Adam Smasher might be the exception here, and highly effective body armour in general.

Apart from that I just love how customizable V is. The two playthroughs felt completely different only by focusing on different areas of expertise. I also approached combat differently.
While sneaking and head-shooting a lot when focused on handguns and going for firefights using cover, my approach with hacking and melee combat was VERY different. If all goes well, enemies are all dead before they even see you... With a high-enough skill rank and cyberdeck, daemons jump from one enemy to another and they are either very soft targets after being hacked or horribly dying... What's still standing is quick work using the cyber-hopping-legs and my trusty katana while I'm in the air half of the time avoiding damage. Chop chop chop.
It's kinda overpowered, but feels great (and mean, and cold...)

In the end...:
Like everyone I'm looking forward to the great patching, but I seriously don't get how people are able to look past all the work and love that went into this game. It's simply everywhere and I can appreciate it a lot!

It's pretty rare that settings are respected and adopted on that level, and they really nailed it in every aspect and detail.
This is a fictional world and it's very noticable if you insert stuff that's not adapted to it to save time or quickly add detail to it. Everything in Night City is custom-made.
Down to the music everything has been touched by hand and looking at the details a lot of thought and work must have gone into it to get it right.
CP2077 is definitely one of those games I'll play again and again.

Thanks for the game! Loving it!

I am a game developer myself, and have worked on three open world games so far, and I just wanted to say something to the devs at CDProjectRED
I love this game, I think it is Awesome, you did a great job, the world is dense with content, the story is incredible, it moved me.
I don't think you hear that enough with all the negativity by the loud minority
Sure there are bugs, but nothing that negatively impacted my experience in particular, even entertaining at times, with this kind of ambitious project it is to be expected, and I know full well how impossible it is to make an open world game run on all the consoles of two different generations and PC, it is impossible to make it bug free. I hope you guys feel proud of your accomplishment, I also can relate to how harsh the crunch must have been, (industry needs to stop doing that)
love you all

Top Bottom