Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
There's this post outlining the game and the review is 8/10, its not even close.
its not even close to their own trailer the put out, go watch it again and tell me its the game you were excited to play....

I do not understand why thinking its fun, validates the game being "great" - it doesn't. Do you guys not play other games of the same genre? It was supposed to blow them away, and it barely makes par.

YES THE GAME IS FUN

MOST GAMES ARE FUN

But its no more so than any other one that has come out recently, and its not even better than most of them, its half finished, or at least the version we played.
Just because you had fun, and so did I, doesn't warrant an objective view of it.

Pick ANY example from the game. Take the NPC's - they are literally useless, they are there for aesthetics and nothing else, all they can do is duck, and disappear when you turn around.

The City has NOTHING to do in it except drive around pointlessly, buy some clothes, have a pointless drink and some guns that you are never going to use. There is absolutely no atmosphere, no repercussions killing pedestrians, or stealing cars. its a gigantic façade of an open world, either vertically or horizontally.

Take decision making, there isn't any real decisions to be made, and none of them tie up with any other part of the game.

Please, this is not a hate thread for people who enjoyed it, I ENJOYED my 80 hours finishing all of it - but it falls VERY short of what I was shown for the past 8 years.

Take AN OBJECTIVE look at the 40minute trailer, and all the things that were unique to this game IN THAT TRAILER, are NOT there, and its a MASSIVE reason as to why a lot of people bought it. What you got in return is a shadow of what is was supposed to be. Its about as a good as any other game that has come out, and not worth the 8 years waiting for it.
There's this post outlining the game and the review is 8/10, its not even close.
its not even close to their own trailer the put out, go watch it again and tell me its the game you were excited to play....

I do not understand why thinking its fun, validates the game being "great" - it doesn't. Do you guys not play other games of the same genre? It was supposed to blow them away, and it barely makes par.

YES THE GAME IS FUN

MOST GAMES ARE FUN

But its no more so than any other one that has come out recently, and its not even better than most of them, its half finished, or at least the version we played.
Just because you had fun, and so did I, doesn't warrant an objective view of it.

Pick ANY example from the game. Take the NPC's - they are literally useless, they are there for aesthetics and nothing else, all they can do is duck, and disappear when you turn around.

The City has NOTHING to do in it except drive around pointlessly, buy some clothes, have a pointless drink and some guns that you are never going to use. There is absolutely no atmosphere, no repercussions killing pedestrians, or stealing cars. its a gigantic façade of an open world, either vertically or horizontally.

Take decision making, there isn't any real decisions to be made, and none of them tie up with any other part of the game.

Please, this is not a hate thread for people who enjoyed it, I ENJOYED my 80 hours finishing all of it - but it falls VERY short of what I was shown for the past 8 years.

Take AN OBJECTIVE look at the 40minute trailer, and all the things that were unique to this game IN THAT TRAILER, are NOT there, and its a MASSIVE reason as to why a lot of people bought it. What you got in return is a shadow of what is was supposed to be. Its about as a good as any other game that has come out, and not worth the 8 years waiting for it.
My humble opinion is that the 2018 game was the intended game and a lot of that work is still in development, but the initial time ran out and I had to get it out now.

I have a 3070 with i7 6,700 K and the monk's neurodance, the only thing you see is a waterfall falling, last night I was going at 11 fps !!!! It has a bad optimization, it is totally true

Mine on a 2080S with 3700X falled to 28fps on everything ultra/ RT all enabled on psycho (1080p and quality dlss) on this particular BD. Glad I'm not the only one !

Mine on a 2080S with 3700X falled to 28fps on everything ultra/ RT all enabled on psycho (1080p and quality dlss) on this particular BD. Glad I'm not the only one !
I add that I play in 4k with the gtx 3070 i7 6700 K with everything ultra practically .... but 11 fps is a waterfall that falls ..... yes, we are all suffering from the lack of optimization. At night night city has less fps than during the day, that also happens and some sequences the textures take time to load, such as the sex XD

Quick addendum to my earlier post:

- I find the un-modded mouse and keyboard controls to be a nightmare. I've lost count of how many times I've been trying to inch up to a corner to shoot from cover only to find myself leaping out into the line of fire instead... in slow motion when wearing certain cyberware. Why not give the M&KB player the same ability a controller user has by letting us use a control key such as Mouse 4 in addition to the direction we want to dodge, in my case W, A, S or D? Doesn't that make more sense?

- The absence of the ability to toggle between walk and jog with a keyboard is, well, really fucking jarring. It's a non-stop frustration cos it not only completely takes away an entire aspect of actually playing the role and being in the game... it also forces a dependence on that weird, janky following mechanic that only works when pointed directly at the character you're following... which is bloody nerve-wracking when on catwalks many stories up (following Judy around the Clouds) when my avatar suddenly leaps this way or that way as one or the other of us (Judy or I) turn away from each other. When coupled with the game's inclination to read quick taps on the movement keys (which one is inclined to do when making adjustments at high speeds) as a lunging dodges in the very direction you were trying to be precise with (hence the tapping).

- On the subject of not having control: when my vehicle suddenly seems possessed, the front steering locks up and it won't move forward... it takes me a while to realize that it's not a control or input issue. There's nothing wrong with my machinery or the software. No. No it's just that you decided to pass the buck onto the player in order to "solve the problem" of keeping certain NPCs alive.
I'm trying to think of a polite way of describing how infuriating it is to suddenly be booted out of any kind of immersion by a mechanic that, let's face it, is just laziness. It's a lazy, ham-fisted solution to a problem that is easily solvable with just a little bit of imagination. For instance: instead of making my car stop functioning in front of Lizzie's Bar (to the point where I can't even use the parking spaces) why not just put a concrete barrier or something In front of those NPC's? (In addition to making them invincible and, if you do piss them off, have them hand the player their ass and dump 'em in an alley with a few less eddies and weapons or something. But warping reality so that my vehicle won't behave like a vehicle is just.... awful. What a crappy thing to do to your own game.

Please... from one of your fans... play your games. Just: play your games. The things that need work are self evident. All you have to do is play your games and they will reveal themselves.

In any case: Cheers.

cyberpunk.png
I just want to say thank you for making this game. Yes, it has some glitches and bugs but I loved it so much. Now I'm just waiting for more updates to try a new character and new DLCs to enjoy this game even more. I know you'll work on fixing things to make this game even greater. Thank you!

Hello,

My experiences so far, after game 177+ game hrs mostly with a female nomad V.

+: The game was stunning for me, even on my mid tear PC. The feeling when I first stepped outside of the megabuilding is only comparable to that when anno I first stepped outside of the vault in Fallout 3. That is a huge thing. (BUT! see below*)
The story and the atmosphere is incredibly good. Wonderful immersion and feeling. NC is SEEMS to be living, too bad it crumbles as soon as you check something twice or interacts with it. It would make a good film or series (that is not a full compliment tho...).
I really enjoy the combat and the tactical elements of the game. I liked even the grinding.
The endings were a bit dissapointing but truly hearthbreaking. (Too bad your choices doesn't matter really till the begining of the endmission and after that you cannot live in the world changed by your choices.)
Music.
Easter eggs.
The things I like about the game are made truly made professionally, in that regard I tip the hat for you polish boys&girls nice job. Please don't kill your wonderful developers with overtimes because of a couple of retarded executes and shareholders. We know they fucked it up, big time.

However...

-: This is not a true openworld RPG. This is an unfinished and interactive movie, with a heavy railroading and all of it is built up on a mediocere but owerhyped actor who is way better as a person than actor. Yes I think every other voiceactor did way better job than Keanu Reeves with Jonny "I am bored of this job" Shoehorn.
This game is a bluff, and we both know it. I really hope that you burn the execs that pushed this game idea into this casual line. This is their fault. I am sorry that a lot of hardworking dev's work was shat over, because some bighead thought better. Push their face in this shitstorm, let them taste it.
But... shame on you.
This game was as big as a dissapointment for me as Fallout 4. (Yes that franchise is my origo, and the level what a truly great rpg should jump for me is Fallout 2 and New Vegas).
EVERYTHING that can move and is not a MJ or SJ npc exists only when I am looking at them. This is a joke.
Nothing is in line with the lore (Yes, I bought the collectors edition AND both books, also a pillow :p So I'm not one of the angry pirates who are cranky because the torrented version is glitchy): the police is the worst. First of all why does they go to Pacifica at the first place?! Second of all, instant teleportation after i shoot somebody behind a dumpster in a dark alley? Seriously?
What about the mobs? I mean the gangs... There is no real interaction. I can kill them, over and over again... but it makes NO effect on the rest of them. They attack me on sight anyways. WTF? After I won the shooting competition I wanted to take on the offer and sign up with 6th street. And I could only tell them no. WTF is that? That is player choice? That is open world?
Minimap size...
Crafting: ok it exist. Ok, It is as unreal as it just can be, no problem. BUT It is punishing the player and eating up IRL time to craft more stuff, also making my hand hurt. Whoever wrote that piece of code, i wish you 1 hour crafting with it every day till you change it. Seriously change it asap to a working system, where i don't have to hold down the button and can craft stacks. Rather it should eat up ingame time rather. Oh wait, that doesn't do anything, because there is no point in time apart from one mission. That is just sad. More so, because our main problem and drive should be to get help asap, as EVERYONE TELLS US TO. WTF?! Who thought that it will be a good idea, to make up a story about a quickly dieing character and then swamp 'er in a pool of jobs, gigs and sidemissions? It just rapes the immersion. (What by the way is a HUGE plus otherwise...)
Closed doors...
Vendors that uninteractible.
I am bad at driveing games but here I think not my lack of skills are the main issue. Fix the cars or at least increase the minimap spectrum.
I seriously hope that you go with the original idea and give us back what you showed earlier, before Mr. Reeves.
This game didn't needed starpower! Never.
What it needs is a real character creation where there is choices that matters.
The 3 archetypes does nothing really beside the first half hour.
And I don't care about dicksize IF i can't even see it in game. But bigger problem is that there is only one body size and shape and it doesn't change with the increasing of the Body stat. This had been done since GTA San Andreas...
And for graphical things:
*: well for me during my first playtrough the game was mostly nice, minor glitches, nothing that can not be solved by reloading and almost no graphical problems. (Female, nomad V)
But after i started new character (male streetkid V) the game looks like this almost every time even with the old one:
photomode_09012021_163233.png

photomode_09012021_163242.png

Every bush/tree/palmtree siluette overshadows the fild of view. Why is that?
Also this looks interesting too:
photomode_01012021_040626.png

I can literally walk through a wall in a random alley and fell under the city...

Summa: I enjoyed the game but it was sad that your execs and shareholders made you waste the game of the decade into an empty and rushed "pleasant experience". You made a 6,5-7/10 but It could have been incredible and truly breathtaking 10. :) I hope this time next year it will be.
I have trust in you guys, fix it, fill it up with the cut out and missing contents (ok we can call it dlcs...) and make it into the game, that you made as believe it will be at first gameplay trailers.

Yours: Kyb
PS: sorry for my partially broken english I'm from hungary

Last edited:
I read you a lot and I like your criticism. You are direct and clear XD
Post automatically merged:

I haven't played it but that's what it looks like from the videos I've seen. Walk, walk and more walk
I do not sugar coat anything.
If there is something I do not like, and I spent $$$ on it, you bet your ass I'll say something.

Okay, I should get something out of the way first, the TLDR version: I LOVED IT. and I don't really have an objective thing to say about it. So, sorry. Pretty much I feel like it's the same sort of thing I have been reading but I kind of want to post it anyway.

1. Cars. they were a mess. I went around buying some of them but they were really hard to control and unusable during the last race. I even crashed a couple of times before getting to the border in the opening scene. For instance, I bought the Avenger and really only rolled it out during that final race. I would always end up sideways in the first turn. The "little mule" I had didn't go fast enough to beat anybody but I kind of found out they wait for you anyway. I did have the Kusanagi CT-3X, the Apollo “Scorpion” and of course Jackie's Arch. I used those all the time. Their mechanics were perfect and I was able to get around and enjoy driving.
  2. I was looking for some certain types of clothes because.. that's me, and I saw a random NPC wearing an outfit... I wanted it. Not that that's a big deal, I am sure modders will fix that. However, I want CDPR to do it.
  3. Romance. If anyone doesn't know already, this game is filled with a lot of tragedy. the romances are brilliant and should be brighter and burning longer. I felt kind of like these choices should be more impactful to the story. Since I played a Female V, I romanced Judy but at the end of the game, you talk to Panam. I wasn't able to romance Panam (which needs to be fixed) but I go to her at the drop of a hat. I think that you should be able to further your romances with the characters you have already romanced and continue that story even *gasp* have issues with a romance. However it bears mentioning, I have never in my entire gaming experienced such an emotional journey. I even admit that I cried several times during the story. I just wish there was more. And Panam, make Panam BI. just saying
  4. The guns and crafting system is amazing. but I would Love more detail. I spent a lot of time choose my guns.

Alot of people have mentioned a lot of this stuff already but I would like ALSO mention it. I just LOVE THIS game and it has such good bones. Also, I expected this post to read better in my head. *sigh*

Last edited:
Yes there are bugs that need to be fixed. But I wont jump on a bandwagon to critic it. playing on a good PC i have no issues when it comes to quality, settings high, ultra, psycho, game visually is amazing. music is great, 10/10 to the music artists who dedicated their time, i love the street guitar solos also lol. finished the story with 2 different life paths to the point I had no map markers anymore, IT'S mind boggling the amount of work that went into this game, quest wise (do the side quests), dialogue wise, voiceovers, amount of details. Thanks for making the game CD Project. That said at the end of the game, I cant help but to feel unfulfilled, hopefully DLCs will fix that, there's so much potential for so much more.

Late to the party here but finally finished the game today.

Obviously going through everything would be impossible in the context of a forum post. The game is a buggy mess, even on PC. And my performance was good to great there. The bugs did happen frequently and broke immersion yet I still felt like I got away easy, specially when I watch some of the youtube videos cruising around. They really need to adress these on PC and not just on consoles too given their recent statement

The gun play is nice but the difficulty is all over the place. I played a stealther and went into cyberhacking, not cause i cared for it but because I just wanted to see what you can do with it all. Since everything got oneshot by my pistol i had plenty of talents to spend. That was on the hardest difficulty btw. The balance is bad and equipment or talents for the most part barely matter. A lot of em are just a waste or feel pointless, while others are overpowered. The AI can frequently oneshot you, boss battles all feel the absolute same, except for the very last one i guess. Its really hit and mostly miss at times. Edit:I also used no augments btw. The only bodymodifications I used were given to me by the main story and you can not skip those. I wanted to play an unmodified human which to my dismay is impossible. Even if you remove the scanner you still have that net cable sticking out, or the chip slot. But just pointing out, you do not need any body modification to beat the game on hardest difficulty either. The only thing that was flatout impossible to do were the fighting side missions. The tracking is so bad and parrying always damages you, taking down just one of these guys is next to impossible unless you are willing to spend hours trying.

I had a lot of hopes for the game, since it was a world and setting I have never really associated with or cared for a lot before so I was really hoping this game would really push me into the universe. Playing through the game the opening mission (nomad) kinda revealed already that the game was unfinished. Sound bugs, graphical glitches, the weird car behavior (First person issues in it), people not moving at all or their mouths during conversation and I guess a lack of overal polish was the first thing that became noticeable. Then the story starts, you meet Jackie get your first main mission which still left a promising impression. Then it became clear that the intro sequence takes about 10-20 min and after the little video sideshow you end up in the mission that we saw as the first huge gameplay reveal. Needless to say its a shame your background makes little to no difference at all during the game. Most dialogue options are not worth a replay of the game. Choices barely exist and if they do they branch off into something unimportant. After ten gigs that are all strewn over the city you realize its all the same copy pasted ubisoft rehash. Sure you have a mini story in a handful of em but most of these are "go into the building, kill/hack/steal smth... get a 3 paragraph Text message as your story for it".

After the first district I stopped doing them completely and focused on the side missions. The bugs kept pulling me out of the game, the same thing over and over again gig wise without any interesting story to it felt like a waste of time. The side missions are in my opinion the meat of the game (next to the main story). Some are boring (Us cracks Stalker one for instance) while others are really promising and great. The Peralez questline for one kept me very engaged, i was really hoping it would dive deeper into the mystery surrounding their political "success". I also enjoyed the River questline a lot, which I guess is connected to the Peralez one. I won't go over all, but these missions basically kept me going back to the game. Made it worth coming back to. It felt like it always it had a promise for you and it might be a lie, an illusion, but it was there just around the corner and it kept me going.

The main mission itself is really hit and miss overall. You have some good missions and some very flawed ones. The Heist is obviously one of the key missions that is very enjoyable to play, but then you also have missions with the voodoo boys that get so whacky by the end of it and throw so much non-sensical mumbojumbo at you to "explain" the tech, while introducing characters that are apparently very important 15 hours in. It really took me out of it and I felt like it was just randomly put there instead of having a real build up that felt natural. The Takemura questline also felt promising but got cut short with how events played out. Its a mixed bag in my opinion. It does not help that you do not have any real choice in any of the missions. Some dialogue here or there or pointless mini encounters (knock four times, for instance) that give an illusion of choice. The only time you actually have a meaningful choice is in the last mission. And even though I was not as invested as I was into other games, I still contemplated the best choice. Maybe because I was not as attached it felt more difficult. Neither option seemed great, but since I was a Nomad I went with them (apparently my origin story did matter after all eh?). I liked my ending. It was not what I had hoped for, or expected or wanted for my character but it felt "optimistic" without being it. I kinda want to go back and play through all of the endings now just to see what happens. I guess thats a rather positive thing for a game where i skipped basically a ton of side gigs because they started to bore me

Great soundtrack though!

So... do you really need to make that decision for the player?

In recent years I've been seeing more and more game devs doing things like making choices for the player. In the Witcher 3 you were constantly trying to hold my hand with scripts that decided... for me... which sword I'd have in my hand and when I'd put it away. They got in the way from beginning to end.
That was not a decision you needed to be responsible for... at all.
in fact I'd say that the entirety of the control issues in tW3 stemmed from that philosophy: let's write a script to think for the player. The first one, the root of all the other problems in my opinion, was deciding... for me... whether I was in combat or not. Simply attach the two states: exploration and combat, to whether or not the player had a sword drawn. Instantly I'm not getting stuck on ledges (or pebbles) and getting shot in the head by an arrow that I most definitely saw coming... but could do nothing about. With one stroke you put the player in control of their fate... simply by recognizing that you didn't need to hold their hand.
In Cyberpunk it's not as prevalent but it still shows up... most often in the waypoint-like behavior of the objective markers. The scripts don't keep up and they're often not rational. I just rescued a netrunner and the waypoints were telling me to jump off a 10m high ledge to what looked like hard concrete below... and did not show the more rational trip back through the building at all. Also, in that same mission, I had to put the Netrunner down and she somehow teleported back to where I found her.
Janky, guys. Really janky.
Anyway, keep your chins up. You dove into the deep waters and are still afloat.
Rootin' for ya.

EDIT / PS - loved the press release video. Mistakes happen but integrity and accountability are often in short supply. Cheers.

Giving same note for side missions and to non existent police system, AI and lifeless city with npc running in circles and cars driving only in straight line?
ok...

Honestly, I'm for them disabling the Police System entirely and let players do as they please until they fix it for good.
It's not hard to lose them but it's a pain in the ass to have to stop whatever you're doing because you hit a random civilian in a shootout and now cops are teleporting straight behind you.

It takes less than a minute to walk 100m or so away and for the 1-star to go away since they can't chase you, especially if you're in a vehicle, but you're basically forced to do that as there's no losing them otherwise.

You kill them, they keep spawning behind you, there's no counterplay, no extra streetcred gained, no secret event triggered if you keep them on your tail for a while, it's just a waste of time and bullets if you shoot at them.

Honestly, I'm for them disabling the Police System entirely and let players do as they please until they fix it for good.
It's not hard to lose them but it's a pain in the ass to have to stop whatever you're doing because you hit a random civilian in a shootout and now cops are teleporting straight behind you.

It takes less than a minute to walk 100m or so away and for the 1-star to go away since they can't chase you, especially if you're in a vehicle, but you're basically forced to do that as there's no losing them otherwise.

You kill them, they keep spawning behind you, there's no counterplay, no extra streetcred gained, no secret event triggered if you keep them on your tail for a while, it's just a waste of time and bullets if you shoot at them.

Ye the police system is bad, but even if you remove it... what can you actually do? The crime boils down to stealing cars and shooting civs. You can not rob anyone or profit in anyway by comitting crimes.

Last edited:

I don't know how many times I had to restart the game because of being piled on the police for no reason. (at least none I could figure out) AND there is a side quest to kill Super over powered corrupt Police that.. you guess had police spawn in.

I haven't had the police jump on me even once, I only got the tip about police rating when River ran a policeman over on the way through the city. I actually reloaded a couple of times and tried choosing different options in the dialogue but no matter what I did he would always run over this cop. I started to wonder if it was actually scripted.

Anyway, I don't how you were playing it but if you don't treat it like GTA you aren't going to have a problem with the NCPD. A real mercenary/street samurai in Night City would need at least a little anonymity and not to do anything to really attract the attention of the authorities (at least outside the missions).

Only a gonk runs around slaughtering the locals for no reason.
photomode_03012021_002145.png

I haven't had the police jump on me even once, I only got the tip about police rating when River ran a policeman over on the way through the city. I actually reloaded a couple of times and tried choosing different options in the dialogue but no matter what I did he would always run over this cop. I started to wonder if it was actually scripted.

Anyway, I don't how you were playing it but if you don't treat it like GTA you aren't going to have a problem with the NCPD. A real mercenary/street samurai in Night City would need at least a little anonymity and not to do anything to really attract the attention of the authorities (at least outside the missions).

Only a gonk runs around slaughtering the locals for no reason.
View attachment 11143382
I shot a civilian I think. By accident I think. Also apparently I was in a crime area when which I helped get all the gang members and I looted a cop accidentally and they all turned on me

on a side note, if they do actually fix the police AI and make em able to chase you with cars, this would be atrocious in combination without a driving overhaul. Most of my Civ kills came from the atrocious handling of vehicles. A lot of cars drive like you move on Ice, and first person view for the majority of cars/bikes is just flatout impossible to coordinate. So if the police actually responded coherently to kills, driving in its current state would even be more frustrating.

Edit: the whole police system is kinda trash anyway if the game does not get more activities. There is no point in having a smart Police if all you can basically do is murder folks. Can not rob a store, rob people. Stealing cars is pointless also with the current AI. Just shoot at the vehicle, and they run away and then you do not steal a car but just enter it.

Top Bottom