Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Someone is mad... :)

I think the biggest problem is the marketing, CDPR market itself as a good behavior company, a consumer friendly company, and now... now we have CP2077, this happens over and over in all sectors, remember when bethesda release the save player one video, and after 6 months release a MMO, or when samsung says bad things about apple directions and after little time they do the same, is always like that... So, don´t believe the marketing and you will be happier with less expectations.

Someone is mad... :)

I think the biggest problem is the marketing, CDPR market itself as a good behavior company, a consumer friendly company, and now... now we have CP2077, this happens over and over in all sectors, remember when bethesda release the save player one video, and after 6 months release a MMO, or when samsung says bad things about apple directions and after little time they do the same, is always like that... So, don´t believe the marketing and you will be happier with less expectations.
It goes further than expectactions. This video game is plain underdeveloped and not working as it should even by it's own standard.

That's like if you bought a car and it couldn't steer it to one side. Would you tell me then that my expectations were too high because of an ad I saw which showed me the car turning left and right?
No, I don't think you would.

We both know what a car is. For an example, if a perk says it should let you shoot while sprinting but it doesn't, then something is wrong...

It's as if people are trying to explain and wave away common sense things as features or just simply saying "nah it's fine"

No, it's not fine. Ugh.
:p

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and compared to that, Cyberpunk 2077 looks ... well sorry, but amateur.

Everything has been done better in RDR2, movement, dialogue, atmosphere, immersion, environment.

Just compare character movement (animation) in basic walking, climbing, crouching...
Check out the NPC movement and interactions (with the player and with other NPC) no silly multiplication of dolls, no stunted, set paths that start and finish with a simulated parade ground about turn.

They interact in a realistic way with the environment. They don't just squat on the spot or disappear when threatened.
I laughed when one NPC who was carrying a bale of hay started running after a gunshot nearby.. he dumped the bale to pour on the pace. That's immersion, where is anything comparable to that in CP2077?

The interaction with stores, trade is way above CP2077, way above. The environment, mostly outside with constant change, movement, animals, NPC's weather and clouds etc is stunning, I imagine getting close to realism in such a larger environment would be far more difficult that the repetitive city-scape in CP2077. Just look at the "wastelands" in CP2077, the acres of copy-pasted garbage and garbage bags.
think the CP2077 city has so much potential that is basically not used.

RDR2 was released in Oct 2018, and is still way... way ahead of the curve compared to the self proclaimed "next generation" CP2077. Sorry CDPR, you don't come close.

You set your goals so high, and you hyped and advertised, and pre-sold the vision, but did not achieve.

You failed to match the standard of a 2018 release, but claimed your product was light years ahead.

I tried to get involved in the game, I did 3 1/2 run throughs (plus many many more attempts that were cut short as the only way I could get past glitched out missions was to delete all my save files) I tried the "walk-drive simulator" to discover new and exciting areas... but was met with just more of the same. In RDR2 I happily spend hours riding around the map exploring, in "Night City" I'm bored after 10 minutes.

I really, really hope you can pull something out of a hat, for the sake of all the people who worked on it, and the people who paid for a product that didn't live up to what was advertised, but I won't be hold my breath.

My copy, stuoidly paid for at full price instead of waiting 12-18 months to get it a discount, has gone to \dev\null for the foreseeable future. I note that RDR2 is still attracting a "premium" price nearly three years after release, will CP2077 achieve that in 2023? I doubt it
Post automatically merged:

Here's a Youtube video that shows what I'm trying to say.

The much vaunted "immersion" that CDPR claimed just pales in comparison.

Last edited:
After lots of interaction on others topic, i will put here my "review", and that, after 220 hours in the game.

The City / Badlands / Environment
Most places in the city looks amazing, others not so much, not talking about if the place is nice or not, talking about details.
When you start the exploring/sandbox play, you see how dead the city is, i remember when CDPR said you could kill everyone, but soon you would see consequences, sorry i don´t see nothing besides the OP police teleport behind me, don´t see random encounters, even W3 have the guys that travel in the roads, CP have nothing...
I compare this to GTA, because they are the reference, you honk, you shoot, everything you do, the world respond to you in many ways, sorry, i don´t see this in CP...

Driving
The driving is terrible... the car cannot make a curve, the minimap is terrible, you always lost the entrance, i don´t recall something this terrible... I download a mod to improve the driving, it really improve, but i could see how terrible the programming of the cars are, they have those amazing interior details, but looks like the game see it as a horse.
And there is no bikes in the street!!! Only gang members use bikes???

Gunplay
That is where i think the game shines, i really like the guns and how they feel, it really gives a good impression, each gun looks unique, really, congrats on this.

Crafting
Comparing to Witcher3, crafting is a joke, you have 2 materials with 4 tiers, nothing more, i can make a sniper rifle with cans or old vinyls, and i can craft it before entering the mission, this makes no sense... dismantle the gun ok, i believe that, but the system itself needs a reset, put more materials, oil, powder, i don´t know, elaborate, this crafting system is good for a teletubbies game.

Leveling system
I will not talk about the perks that don´t work or should not be there because the function was cutout, but the leveling need a good second look, there is no way to get max on something without grinding, and this is not good for a game.

Customization
I think there is none... You cannot choose your clothing, because armor/stats, you make your character and you see it on the inventory or on a bike, not even reflections, just give a third person view for exploring the city or something, CDPR make a good market telling about how you can customize your dick, but that´s it, i know you could make a system to make the character fat or skinny, muscular or not, but we get nothing, you can change the breast size, but when you put clothes this goes away, so why pretend there is a customization??? You see a bunch of clothing, but looking closely you see the player have 20 meshes or less to choose from and texture variations on these, you start to look the world and ask yourself, why i cannot wear this or that?

History
The main story is cool, don´t like the fact that you are dying, the game feels rushed, the act1 is perfect, act2 not so much, i start to understand the world and the character only on my second play, act1 should be much bigger.
But i like the history, is sad ok, W3 is like this too, i think this is CDPR signature.

What i see for the future.
The work that needs to be made on this game is far too big, don´t think you can reach the next gen level, being realistic here.
Many are talking about a NMS move from CDPR, don´t think this can be done, NMS have lacking content, CP2077 have lacking content and wrong content, the changes require would be massive, and i don´t think they have the will to make it, NMS is a small studio, CDPR is big with investors and all that.

But the game plays nice, should not be a full price game, but is fun.

I am a pretty forgiving person when it comes to bugs in a game. Person sitting on a chair that's not there? no big deal. NPC floats or doesn't hold things right? Whatever.

But this game is unacceptably bugged. There are NUMEROUS gamebreaking bugs that are still in this thing, even after all the patches. It's come to the point where if I can't find what I'm looking for in a mission, item #1 in my toolkit is reloading from a save. It almost always makes what I needed to spawn.

If you install arm cybernetics your circulatory system cybernetics stop working, and there's no way to unequip them. I found out only too late why my blood pump stopped working. My choices are to reload a save from hours and hours ago, or learn how to play the game without a piece of equipment I really enjoyed.

Simply put, this game is in Early Beta. Shame on CDPR for releasing it like this.

I purchased this game a few years ago (steam early purchase). This was more of a reaction to my disillusion with Bethesda at the time than really believing the demos for the game at the time. But CDPR was my last hope for this industry that has been a massive part of my life since the 80’s.

Jump forward a few years. In the first 15 minutes after starting the game I thought I would have to get a refund. But thankfully the mod Authors were on the ball and I found 3 mods and made one mod myself that stop me from getting a refund.

150 hours later and I am so happy I did not refund the game. I was lucky not to have bad bugs (I believe it is because I am using an Nvidia gtx 970 so am forced to use many medium settings and some high that still look good but will not stress the memory management of the game). :shrug:

My conclusion is that if I could go from

$#%$&#&!! Game !!!
to
I :love: GAME

after only 4 mods to fix issues than I can almost guarantee after a year of mod creation this will be a game people play for a decade just like Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout and Skyrim.

Because you choose the mods you want to use for your personal taste this will become the perfect Sci fi "open world" action RPG game for each and every player that can utilize mods. And just like Bethesda CDPR * will adopt good mods into their game eventually for the people that cannot use mods.

* I have to keep some hope that there will still be some good in this industry or admit that I have wasted 40 years of my life.

Last edited:
[...]

Jump forward a few years. In the first 15 minutes after starting the game I thought I would have to get a refund. But thankfully the mod Authors were on the ball and I found 3 mods and made one mod myself that stop me from getting a refund.

[...]

after only 4 mods to fix issues than I can almost guarantee after a year of mod creation this will be a game people play for a decade just like Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout and Skyrim.

Because you choose the mods you want to use for your personal taste this will become the perfect Sci fi "open world" action RPG game for each and every player that can utilize mods. And just like Bethesda CDPR * will adopt good mods into their game eventually for the people that cannot use mods.

* I have to keep some hope that there will still be some good in this industry or admit that I have wasted 40 years of my life.

So basically you are happy of the game you and 3 other modders designed and enjoyed but want a refund for the game CDPR actually provided.

So basically you are happy of the game you and 3 other modders designed and enjoyed but want a refund for the game CDPR actually provided.

No, you do not have that exactly right, I loved the game CDPR AND modders made together! I can count on two hands how many games in the last 40 years I have loved otherwise. Modders (as a group) also make games all the time, they are called "Indie". And I never have seen one I did not find some extreme annoyance that detracted from the game.

My point is you need the big AAA company to create a great idea with potential and lots of resources (3d modes, sounds, animations, etcetera) and who is willing to encourage mods. That is very rare! I will throw my money at any big game company that takes that risk for the players and be thankful I can get the perfect game out of it.

Last edited:
Alienware Aurora R6 - Core i7-7700 / 3.60GHz Quad Core
16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX-1080 using the Game Ready driver

CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS

Count me among the lucky as my Night City runs like a dream with all of the available graphics settings at max.

This game is NOT an RPG, but it could easily become one.

The player is required to bring a significant amount of their own imagination to the play in order for Night City to live. It's like a beautiful dollhouse with only a few moving pieces. I'm one of those who is really enjoying my exploration of the dollhouse but it's obviously not for everyone. The provided stories are all on rails that require us to kick back and watch the writer's choices unfold, after which we are left with no mini-games, no repeating quests and no particular reason to stick around apart from our imagination. That and Photo Mode.

My V is a Stealthy Hacker Street Kid. The only guns she carries are an Epic Lizzie and a Legendary Overwatch and she rarely uses those. Non-lethal hacks from stealth got her to max street cred by level 25. By the time she was at level 30 she was wiping out assault in progress groups before she even got close enough to the scene to trigger the mission. Cyberpsychos went down with a single application of System Reset. Every encounter was cake, even the "Boss" fights.

The lack of any real challenge was a big disappointment.

With all of that said, I love this game because I'm not primarily interested in challenge. I love visiting alternative realities.

With support, this game could become the RPG that most of us want it to be. I personally think that this support should come in the form of officially sanctioned mods and modding tools alongside the planned DLCs. The modding community is hard at work cracking the game wide open. CDPR might benefit the most by releasing something akin to Bethesda's Creation Kit before their intellectual property is completely hijacked and taken out of their control.

I have some feedback regarding my experience trying to get Cyberpunk working.
My game was crashing to desktop every few minutes.
I think the most frustrating part of my experience has been the unskipable splash screens at the start. After about fifty restarts, I'm really starting to hate the company logos and warning information. And, when I say hate, I mean irrational hate.
Computers have come so far from the days of needing to go grab a drink or take a toilet break while you wait for the game to load. It seems those days have returned. I need to get up from the computer when I start the game now, otherwise I feel I'm going to lose it.

Please, for the love of sanity, please allow us to skip all the splash screens at the start. Please?

I have some feedback regarding my experience trying to get Cyberpunk working.
My game was crashing to desktop every few minutes.
I think the most frustrating part of my experience has been the unskipable splash screens at the start. After about fifty restarts, I'm really starting to hate the company logos and warning information. And, when I say hate, I mean irrational hate.
Computers have come so far from the days of needing to go grab a drink or take a toilet break while you wait for the game to load. It seems those days have returned. I need to get up from the computer when I start the game now, otherwise I feel I'm going to lose it.

Please, for the love of sanity, please allow us to skip all the splash screens at the start. Please?

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/533

The game is boring. Long conversation segments where speech options don't make any difference followed by traveling to a location where you kill bad guys with little to no AI and repeat. Basically, it is pretty graphics, boring gameplay, illusion of choice. The dialogue segments should just be cutscenes since it doesn't matter what you say.

Solid 2 out of 10 on PC

a never ending cyberpunk? please cdpr I am so in love with this game, lets have a never ending cyberpunk, with new dlcs and new endings and missions forever? what do you think?

SO MUCH YES! This world is amazing and even though the bugs are annoying ("just reload" every 10 minutes) I do want more and more for the future.

One disappointment people may find weird, but the fact that my character can get fully naked but still have underwear on despite being fully naked on the inventory screen bothers me, whats the point of the customization?
This combined with performance and graphical issues has me regretting my preorder.
CD either over promised or lied.
Eh I don't have that issue. Totally nude for customization, no problems. Only problem or maybe just a little annoyance rather, when I put on certain tops, they make my boobs look almost flat after I made them big during my creation.

I have been playing the game since launch. Very few issues to be honest, at least for me. (PC player here) I ONLY had a couple of crashes after the latest patch. Updating a mod fixed it. Can't recall having any before that. The game is gorgeous. The story, a bit short but immersive. I got attached to people I work(ed) with, fell in love with, etc,...587hours and I am finally on my 5th run.

I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I really feel for all of you who are experiencing so many problems. I hope CDPR fixes everything that needs fixing and so on so everyone can be truly happy and not just feel placated for a short time when new patches come out. Hang in there, guys!

On a side note: I am hoping for much more as far as character customization in game, friendships, romance(s), and all those locked doors leading to other side quests....or something of that nature. I don't know what's coming in future DLC and such, but I am hoping for the best when it comes to all the bugs everyone is dealing with.

a never ending cyberpunk? please cdpr I am so in love with this game, lets have a never ending cyberpunk, with new dlcs and new endings and missions forever? what do you think?
I saw this somewhere and hope that this could happen..."...either sign your life away to Arasaka to have your mind placed in Mikoshi until you can potentially be brought back later..."

Last edited:
I heard of so many glitches that I was hesitant to buy it but I did anyway. I play on Xbox One and have few issues. The most prominent issue besides freezing every once in a while (not too bad) is not being able to pick up items that are highlighted.

The game is addicting and the world is really well done. Seems like there are endless things to do. I haven't finished the game because I wanted to do everything else first but I'm almost maxed at level.

My only gripes are: (1) Not knowing about the free legendary gear before playing; (2) Not being able to go back to ascertain the gear I got early on without the max mod slots; (3) Lack of a legendary raid helmet for the police outfit; and (4) Having a face piece that covers the eyes and lower face at the same time, like a ballistic face mask to go with a black police helmet. One that that could be used for a good guy or an assassin (need more armor/clothing choices or make it where every piece can be made legendary via quests or purchased mods). Lastly, (5) Not being able to make my guy big and muscular like the some enemies.

Everything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom