Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
That's exactly what OP showed in the video. Cars are swapped (spawned and despawned) "NOT on the screen". It happens when you turn your head around. This is not a performance problem. It was designed that way. The game does not keep track of models (vehicles) out of player's sight and completely removes them from memory.
Same things happens randomly with NPC's - you have the lady on your left, you turn around and lady is gone some guy standing instead in the same place. In happened to me so MANY times...

Same things happens randomly with NPC's - you have the lady on your left, you turn around and lady is gone some guy standing instead in the same place. In happened to me so MANY times...

Somehow I managed to more or less ignore all those details and have a great time playing the game for 230 hours (one playthrough !)...
But for a 2020 openworld some of those problems are quite surprising

A matter of expectations.

I'am expecting that in AAA game I will not have to "ignore" details, but i will be able to enjoy them. And this is just one example.

Yes definitely
That and also a matter of "sum of positives outweighing sum of negatives" in my case.
I must say the fact that I played the game on PC, on a high end machine certainly helped to give weight to positives...

Reminds me of Fallout 76.
This release is a joke and an embarrassment.

I think it's much worse than FO76, esp. on base XB1. At least FO76 had the MMO excuse, this is a SP.
I knew it was going to be bad before I even got into the game, even the CC was blurry as hell.
Then it was blurry as hell in the mirror at the start...
Then V's car was blurry as hell in the first video sequence with Jackie...
Then it's just kept getting worse as you played.
I've played through the game to the end, but there's zero immersion because you're having to contend with glitches and bugs, often causing you to have to reload an auto/quicksave.
Not even to mention you can't interact with most NPC's, and hardly any building can be entered.
This game need a lot of fixing and improvements.

That's exactly what OP showed in the video. Cars are swapped (spawned and despawned) "NOT on the screen". It happens when you turn your head around. This is not a performance problem. It was designed that way. The game does not keep track of models (vehicles) out of player's sight and completely removes them from memory.

You are right, i focused my attention wrong at that gif. I took the end and the beginning of the animation as the point of char changing (becausee there was a shift in lighting on the cars roof), not the part where he turned away, my mistake.

Hello all,

I'm one of the dummies that bought into the hype and purchased this game pretty close after release (and even pre-ordered it for a friend as a birthday gift.. sheesh).

I've played for maybe one hour before I stopped and today I'm gonna explain why. To start with, I love the setting of this game, I love the city, I love the design of the weapons and cars and most everything in the game. All those things are up to the standard set by The Witcher 3 (which I consider a masterpiece).

But then I started playing and everything fell apart. After the intro (and montage of Jackie and me doing cool stuff that I wasn't allowed to partake in), I finally was allowed entrance to the city. I had already seen some worrying signs in the intro (pistols walking one way, Jackie another, stuff like that), but those I could live with.

Instead of going with Jackie to the Ripperdoc (first mission), I decided to look at the city first (boy, are those first impressions pretty!).. and immediately I was struck by jitter. Let me show you:

In the top left corner is a zoomed in part of the screen. The entire screen is covered in these crawling dots, it looks way worse when you move. The entire screen is crawling with this jitter effect. When I turned off Screen Space Reflections it looked like this:

The jitter is gone but so are a lot of the reflections, unfortunately.

Anyhow, I pressed on. I walked a short distance and got onto a freeway next to where you start and this is what I see:

Cars slowly loading in high-res models, unloading car models from a simple look away (notice how the red sedan turns into a yellow truck) and drivers not reacting to anything I do (I took the gif standing on top of another car that had just stopped in the middle of the road).

This is where I decided to not continue playing. It's just too much for me, too much immersion-breaking stuff going on.

Like this:

No splash from shooting the water, no splash and hitting the ground beneath the water when trying to punch the surface.

Objects popping in and out of existence.

Bodies (both alive and dead) clipping through things, street vendors that can't be interacted with (he stayed in that position for the rest of the game).

All these endless locked doors. I didn't manage to find a single openable door (except to my own apartment) the entire hour I played!

I will play through this game at some point, but I have to say that it irked me seeing the "Our Commitment to Quality" video and that Martin guy telling us how proud he is of the PC version and that he and his team hadn't seen a lot of the things players were reporting. That is an outright lie. It is impossible to play this game without seeing these bugs, no matter the system (I use a Ryzen 7 2700X, Geforce GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3600Mhz RAM, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 SSD system btw).

After reading these forums for a while I fear this game has much deeper problems than what my brief introduction showed (game systems not working as they should, missing story pieces, no interactivity, etc.). We will see what time and patches will bring.

And that's my story. Feel free to tell me yours in this thread.

I've used to play on a 2070s without RT which is similar to a 1080ti in performance.
I didn't see those popping objects, nor did I see cars being swapped out. (at least I didn't notice.) However, I recently saw objects disappear when moving towards them while playing on a 3090, so I definitely think that it's a bug and not some bad configuration on our side.
Also the texture fill rate was very slow with the 2070s similar to your footage.

Regarding the jitter:
I believe that the higher the resolution the less noticable that grain will appear. 1440p is already a big improvement over 1080p, but it really starts to shine at 1800p and above (which becomes very demanding without the help of DLSS).

I also noticed that most of the bugs were during free play or side quests. The main quest during act#1 was pretty solid, and act#2 started very strong, too.

If you wanna give the game another chance, I'd recommend to focus on side quests from Regina Jones in order to get some street credit (mostly by beating Tyger Claws) and the main quest until "the heist".

Id certainly look into a few youtube video about optimizng setting for the game. They have helped numerous players enjoy the game more.

That what I was saying from beginning, people whining about unrelevant police system or "broken promises" overshadowed people talking about real problems of game and that one with despawninig NPC, cars is one of them, plus these ugly bitmaps of 2 cars in background (sometimes it can work visually like you watching view of city from above, sometimes is horrbile, when you drive Badlands). Here we are 2 months after release, and people discovering there's some fundemental problem with NPC, car system in game. Lol.

I've used to play on a 2070s without RT which is similar to a 1080ti in performance.
I didn't see those popping objects, nor did I see cars being swapped out. (at least I didn't notice.) However, I recently saw objects disappear when moving towards them while playing on a 3090, so I definitely think that it's a bug and not some bad configuration on our side.
Also the texture fill rate was very slow with the 2070s similar to your footage.

Regarding the jitter:
I believe that the higher the resolution the less noticable that grain will appear. 1440p is already a big improvement over 1080p, but it really starts to shine at 1800p and above (which becomes very demanding without the help of DLSS).

I also noticed that most of the bugs were during free play or side quests. The main quest during act#1 was pretty solid, and act#2 started very strong, too.

If you wanna give the game another chance, I'd recommend to focus on side quests from Regina Jones in order to get some street credit (mostly by beating Tyger Claws) and the main quest until "the heist".
Yes, better resolution: grain is less noticable. Max what I can set for my monitor is 1920x1080p and it is much better than 1280x720p (it's god damn awful :D).I have lowest settings, but use highest texture quality available. Difference is like that (it's even much more noticeable when you play) - look at road sign - you can read it only on last screenshot:

1024x768
1024x768.jpg

1280x720
1280x720.jpg

1440x900
1440x900.jpg

1920x1080
1920x1080.jpg

There's also the small issue that for some people their expectations and demands are so high that they will never be satisfied.

Well, I guess many of us were expecting AAA title in 2020 to include all these AI, traffic, physics systems that were introduced to the players at least 10 years ego and are present in many games from different developers since then.

BTW, did you know that if you shoot some burning barrel, it will fall down and disappear, but the fire will remain and levitate forever?
cyber_lewitacja1.jpg

Did you know that if you shoot the table, it will break, but all the items on the table will remain and levitate forever?
cyber_lewitacja2.jpg

Did you know that if you shoot a small radio, it will not break into pieces and it will not fall over or fall down?
cyber_lewitacja3.jpg

Did you know that you can ride with your bike under the moving track, lift this heavy vehicle, drive under, and get out on the other side unharmed?
cyber_lewitacja4.jpg

I could go on...

I suppose we will never be satisfied.

Last edited:
Well, I guess many of us were expecting AAA title in 2020 to include all these AI, traffic, physics systems that were introduced to the players at least 10 years ego and are present in many games from different developers since then.

I suppose we will never be satisfied.

When you are going out of your way to find everything you can that's not perfect then yes, you'll never be satisfied.

When you are going out of your way to find everything you can that's not perfect then yes, you'll never be satisfied.

The same applies to those going out of their way to find the things this game does get right. Of course you'll be satisfied with the game if you willfully ignore its obvious issues and unfavourable comparisons to its peers, regardless of the reality of the fact that so much was made of the "open world" when the reality is it is bare bones at best and serves simply as the backdrop for a fairly linear action adventure. The game was promoted suggesting that the open world play was a big part of the experience, but the reality is that when the player deviates from following the path laid before them, the really shoddy nature of how the game was cobbled together becomes apparent.

I am not looking for bugs, ridiculously implemented features or invalid systems. They are everywhere. It's hard to avoid them. Unfortunately, the game was released in statu nascendi. I enjoy playing CP2077. But it's full of placeholders.

While this is just another one of the 100 threads illustrating the game's issues, at least, the OP isn't portraying his issues in an overly angry way. Which is a good thing, I guess.

Still - In before lock. These threads always go down the same way. People getting into petty arguments. I say 6 pages before lock!

As for the subject of the actual thread.

I'm sporting the exact same hardware specs except for the CPU and I'm seeing pretty much the same issues you are. Except my cars' textures load fast enough that I -generally- don't notice it. Must be because I'm not an AMD peasant, ugh...

That last sentence is a joke. Wanted to point that out just in case and before anyone gets overly defensive as gamers are wont to do.

Ahh...you're the "water doesn't splash guy!" Ah, yes. Still on about that, huh?

Anyway, user review thread, usual issues. Merging.

Speaking of unfinished elements of the game...

Do you have the same issues with ground textures in this area?

View attachment 11183290

View attachment 11183299

View attachment 11183296

Same exact issue in the same exact area, I thought it was the mods first so had some fun times installing and uninstalling stuff, like drivers too just to be safe :D.

Nah, it was the game all along.
Post automatically merged:

I haven't had that particular issue anywhere. Looks like what I used to see in Fallout 4 all the time where LOD's weren't unloading. I would think it's memory or hard drive related unless it's always in the same spot.

I'm sure you do if you check out the same exact area.

Top Bottom