Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Now that I have finished the game, stuck at 98% because of "frequent flyer"
I did everything on Ps4 Pro, except some slow texture loads and some crash (happen only 3/4 times in over 110hours, the game was actually good.
Talking about the story and all side quests, gigs, etc... there was a lot of fun to play for over 100 hours, I did enjoy everything the game had to offer for that part. But for the rest it still have to improve, first is to driving system, both physics and UI. Driving is like going on ice for some reason and the UI need sometimes to load if you open the menu, the radio system is boring and take too much to load, sometimes it doesn't even work.
The NPCs need more improvements and different reactions. At last to run away from a car when I steal it, instead of disappearing.

But the rest is amazing, only note on side quests and gigs, maybe a system to unlock them after you completed some other quests of some parts of the main story, for now you can beat the game even at the start of Act 2, when you can go everywhere without problems.
I don't like to compare games, but in GTA from different generations you could always change your aspect (in someway) and to customize the cars, improved in every game that came out. The games always had those features since their release, not being introduced after lunch.

For me is 6/10, the "frequent flyer" trophy is bugged and can't complete the game at 100%, had to install the game again on V1.0 and try again to reach all points but it would be 7/10 only for that.

the story could have been more i beat the story and was disappointed in the fact i never even had time to buy a car or explore more than 10 percent of the world please make side missions mandatory to avoid beating the game and feeling left out i remember the trailer they promised so much more than the game actually gave i wish i had 4 hands so i could this 60 dollar bullshit of a game 4 thumbs down

I liked the game. i think I would've enjoyed it more if I didn't want to love it for as long as I did. It's absolutely beautiful but ultimately the characters are the only thing that gave the game life which was a disappointing realization. I would find myself getting immersed in certain storylines but once they were done I was left in a lifeless city with nothing to do. It felt like an amusement park more than a city. I wanted consequences for the decisions I made outside of "oh, guess I missed out on that gun that's weaker than what I already have.". Like I said, I had a lot of expectations and the game lived up to a lot of them. I'd give it 7/10 out the gate. But I'm hoping for a lot more in the future.

For me, I just love the game even with all the warts and glitches. It has taken me 10 months to see 3 of the game endings, and one was... lets say unexpected and very powerful. ( well thought out for end content ) I really enjoy finding places to stage and take photo shoots. The images I take and post are all done in game with no photo MODS installed, with occasional post-processing. Sadly all the 4K images exceed file size to post so I reduce them to a jpeg. One of satisfying parts of the game is exploring and finding interesting places. To me the game is a world I can run around in with a camera and take photographs, and along the way glitches and bugs... And wow!... they are everywhere. And I have been OK with that, so long as it did not affect the quest I was on.

As for music, I have to say it complements the game very very well. It really sets the tone and gives you the feel of something awesome. CD Projekt RED did outstanding in this area in my opinion. 10/10

Lets hope they make improvements to the photo mode in the game. Over all I enjoy playing Cyberpunk and look forward to more content and improved gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone watch this review? I did and I think its very accurate – if you like Tim Rogers' style of videos:

Saw video and i loved it!!

if CDPR really will change game code in the future and "~remake" this game, maybe they add console as in Skyrim, without special programs? ^^
P.P.S.: Still hope on Steam workshop ^_^
I very love this game, but i playing from GFN and can't use mods from nexus, because GFN denies all downloads for safe :(
Maybe CDPR can contact to Nvidia for allow some downloads? For example - allow download mods what haves 10k+ downloads on Nexus only.
Or just add game console with a lot of codes ^_^

I've played for over 400 hours now, but this is the first time I completed a game to an ending. Got frustrated with it often when it first came out, and then just always wanted to try a new angle before I got there. Gotta say, the game as a whole is way different from 3/4 of a game.

The ending(s) kind of defines the way the game was designed. I got irritated often that I couldn't do this or make that choice, but this is more a story of Night City and trying to find hope in a hopeless world that's constantly dragging everyone down. V's stuck in that mess and is only going to rise up so far no matter how hard he tries. As an article I read stated, Cyberpunk isn't a game about becoming a hero. It's more about getting by day to day. Which is much closer to what we do in real life, but can be frustrating if you're used to games where you Do become the hero. In any case, it made me feel better about my V when I (FINALLY) understood that.

As for the game itself (here comes someone's opinions again, as if anyone needs them, but I need to type them), there is so much to like here. The environment is amazing, and by that I mean the look of the city, set up of the streets, and the lighting. Especially the lighting at night. AND the amount of detail; that part is pretty mind boggling, and what was done to give it a Cyberpunk feel. Yeah, the city could be a bit more interactive (shops, bars, etc) but it is what it is.

I don't know if it had to be quite as big as it is. Nothing wrong with it, but I didn't really relate so much to the 6th Street gang and neighborhood. And the Wasteland seems overly huge and mostly empty, but again, it's there at that size, and I can't really complain about somewhere else to snoop around.

I enjoyed the major questlines quite a lot. Most had interesting, well defined characters, and a fair amount of variation. The jobs from the fixers, not so much. They were okay, but more like munching on the same chips over and over between the real meals. Something to pass the time. Then again, you don't have to do them, either.

Combat is okay. Not great, but not really bad, either. It did take a lot of fiddling with settings to be able to aim well, and crosshairs in scopes could be clearer. And not a huge fan of how hacking feels nerfed. But all in all, I can live with it.

Overall, if that was that, just storytelling, characters, and environment, I would give the game a solid A- (especially if I could get my head wrapped around what a modern rpg is compared to a retro one where you make more choices). And I think maybe it could still get to that A- or above. Unfortunately, there are also problems that take away from the experience (mine, anyway).

My biggest gripe (and gonna try and go in order) is how the game is structured. Because V dies or at least the way the game ends, I felt like I needed to do as much as possible before I advanced far into the main questline. This meant hours and hours of fixer jobs, chasing rogue taxis, scanning tarot cards, etc, without a lot of great story telling. It also meant that most of the cool things you get from the main quests you don't get to use before the game ends. V really needs endings where you can continue to play, and not by going back to a previous save. Maybe once I look at the quests again I can see how to play a better mix leading up to the point of no return, but I didn't enjoy the first 3/4 nearly as much as the last 1/4.

I would have kind of liked it if you started off doing fixer quests (and a few with your buddy Jackie) and exploring Night City, then upon hitting a certain street cred, you gained the attention of Dexter, and you could embark on that questline. Would've given you more freedom at first; the game is so restrictive out of the box.

Which is my second complaint. Once we've finished a game, for the love of everything, please give us a way to start a game that doesn't involve doing all of the same things AGAIN. So much pre-destined gameplay. Make us a little comic or 'puter shard or whatever with a few basic choices (I mean, how much in the first 6-8 hours of the game really changes?) so we start the game in Victor's chop shop with the chip in our head, or our apartment with Misty. Bad enough we'd still have to go and listen to Goro drone on and on laying out what we are going to do next. But I just plain dread starting a new game.

The phone. Ugh, and more ugh. I'm not saying stop the fixers from calling us constantly; not going to happen, I know. But first and foremost, if we are in a conversation with someone already on a mission, NO CALLS PLEASE! We can't talk while in battle, surely these overlapping conversations can be stopped, too. I'm in some big, dramatic scene, and all of a sudden I HAVE to talk to Panam on the phone first to finish it. Poor design. And really, some editing and deleting would help as well. I don't need to hang up the phone with Goro and instantly get a text from him, too.

Is it just me, or my game, or does the rain finally start to fall about half way through? (love the rain; it's when the game looks best). I know it's scripted in places, but it seems like the odds change and it gets wetter and darker as time goes on. Speaking of which, The sky is white in my game at 3:30 in the morning. Game looks better at night, so how about moving sunrise to 6 am and sunset to about 6-8? I really only have about 7 hours of night in my game.

EDIT: Yeah, the more I think about it, as people have replied here, the driving's not that bad. If anything, I get more annoyed by the other drivers unpredictability (can't even stay in their lane sometimes) but in a way that makes them the same as all the crappy real life drivers. And it would probably help if I wasn't doing 165 downtown.. But I do get tired of getting run over crossing the street, mostly since they usually speed away before I can get up and shoot them.

And the NPCs (pedestrians). I tried to think of them as Matrix glitches. If I have a shoot out inside a building, they shouldn't be cowering on the sidewalk for two blocks in every direction afterwards. How about running away, like they do if I shoot the sidewalk? The cowering is really bad; runaway, runaway.

One small thing, it would be nice to have a setting for which radio station V listens to so we don't have to keep changing it every time we jack a new car. Just make it like that's the first thing V does; change the channel.

There are still a few bugs ( had to reload at times) and cars floating in the air (especially in Pacifica) or stuck in the cement. Those things I'm not worried about. I think they'll get fixed. It's more about constant happy sunshine, constant happy phone calls, constant bouncing and overturning autos, etc. Tweaks.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, and will play again. Sounds like a boring sum up, but that's kind of the point. I'm glad I played Cyberpunk and will do it again. But I do hope it keeps getting better, too, so the whole game is great and not just parts of it. Because the high points are way up there and deserve more.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Personally, I never had a problem with controlling the cars in this game. And I've played it on keyboard. Speaking of PC, holding the "shift" button gives you extra stability in the corners, I don't know how it is on other platforms. It could prove useful if you're struggling with controlling your car at higher speed.
I also never had a problem with the Mako. Sure, it took some time getting used to, but it was never unmanageable. :shrug:

I also never had a problem with the Mako. Sure, it took some time getting used to, but it was never unmanageable.
I just finish ME1 (again) and start ME2. I could said, drive the Mako with a controller (controls with right/left sticks...) is just a nightmare. When I landed on "mountainous" planets, I felt sad... "oh no... not again... will I search for all points of interest ? or I go directly to the quest ?"
(the funny thing is, I always manage to get stuck in a hole. The only way out is to return to the Nomandy and re-land... :D)

Cars/bikes in Cyberpunk are infinitely better than the Mako (by light years...)

I just finish ME1 (again) and start ME2. I could said, drive the Mako with a controller (controls with right/left sticks...) is just a nightmare. When I landed on "mountainous" planets, I felt sad... "oh no... not again... will I search for all points of interest ? or I go directly to the quest ?"
(the funny thing is, I always manage to get stuck in a hole. The only way out is to return to the Nomandy and re-land... :D)

Cars/bikes in Cyberpunk are infinitely better than the Mako (by light years...)
Out of curiosity did you play the original ME1 or the new remastered? And, yeah, comparing Cyberpunk cars to the Mako is unfair, except the way they bounce when they become airborne. Cars just don't bounce much. But driving the mako is like driving a vehicle that's part waterbed, part balloon.

Out of curiosity did you play the original ME1 or the new remastered? And, yeah, comparing Cyberpunk cars to the Mako is unfair, except the way they bounce when they become airborne. Cars just don't bounce much. But driving the mako is like driving a vehicle that's part waterbed, part balloon.
Since ME-LE release, only ME-LE but it's not "better" than my original version (XB360) :)
With sticks, the Mako is almost uncontrollable (except on a flat land...). I can suppose with a keyboard it could be (a little bit) "better". The exact opposite to Cars/Bikes in Cyberpunk, I think

i dont mind the cars actually in 3rd person. 1st person is kind of clunky but i do use a mod on nexus to alter the angle for some of them. i think its called better vehicle first person and needs cyber engine tweaks. i say its about the same as most of the grand theft auto games and im playing the definitive edition at the moment. on vice city and i like how the cars can get damaged real easy compared to cyberpunk lol. cars in cyberpunk are like mini tanks that can take a HUGE beating

I just really wish everyone had a gaming PC. Seeing the bad reviews are so, so sad... because this is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Grown man over here almost cried a few times, lol. CD Projekt Red has made an absolute BEAST of a game and the bad reviews are super unfortunate. I don't say these things freely or lightly. I am a stickler when it comes to my games and a tough critic at all times, but this game impressed from beginning to end. I cannot wait to read these forums once everything is fixed. You will not be disappointed... and if you are, well, you are wrong, haha. JKJK.
Hope everyone has a great day... [...]

1. I love the character creator. One of my favorites.
2. The story and characters so far are great.
3. Haven't had too many bugs yet (couldn't pick up some cards in the Nomad prologue tower, but that's it).
4. I am terrible with mouse and keyboard in combat.

Also: Edited title for a bit more longevity.
Just hook that controller up, fam. Haha.

I liked the game. i think I would've enjoyed it more if I didn't want to love it for as long as I did. It's absolutely beautiful but ultimately the characters are the only thing that gave the game life which was a disappointing realization. I would find myself getting immersed in certain storylines but once they were done I was left in a lifeless city with nothing to do. It felt like an amusement park more than a city. I wanted consequences for the decisions I made outside of "oh, guess I missed out on that gun that's weaker than what I already have.". Like I said, I had a lot of expectations and the game lived up to a lot of them. I'd give it 7/10 out the gate. But I'm hoping for a lot more in the future.
Very confused by this. A lifeless city? Hmmm... it's anything but lifeless. Also, isn't the narrative supposed to be character driven? Did you want the buildings to walk around and have dialog and gunfights? Sorry for the confusion, I just don't get what you are trying to say. To each their own, but there is life basically every turn you take in Night City, so by definition (lifeless) is a poor choice of words.
Hope you have a great day, choom.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lifeless city?

Can’t speak for the guy you quoted, but oftentimes, by ”lifeless”, it is meant that there is very little to do and very little happenings of interest. That everything’s too obviously just mobile cardboard props lacking any sort of interesting interactivity; especially concerning the player.

This is, of course due to the games main focus being following the heavy narrative and killing lots and lots of people and machinery while doing it; not so much the open world and its possibilities.

Guest 3847602

Those mountainous planets like Nodacrux, Ontarom or Eletania were imo far bigger issue than Mako's physics.

Those mountainous planets like Nodacrux, Ontarom or Eletania were imo far bigger issue than Mako's physics.
The combination of both. If you are able to do it (and if you haven't already do it), try with a controller ;)
It's the same problem in BD3... why the hell using (only) analogic sticks for turn, accelerate, brake and aim...!?
That leaves me really perplexed o_O
(Little example, on Noveria, I had to stop for shooting the turrets because if I didn't, there was a great chance that I unfortunately fall in the "void" near the road... the same on Therum but in lava...)

Edit :
If I remember correctly, in Halo (the first) it was also the same thing...
And sorry in advance for the OT :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom