Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+

Guest 3847602

The combination of both. If you are able to do it (and if you haven't already do it), try with a controller ;)
It's the same problem in BD3... why the hell using (only) analogic sticks for turn, accelerate, brake and aim...!?
That leaves me really perplexed o_O
Ouch... I always thought they were using trigger buttons for acceleration and brakes, not analogue sticks. My condolences. :cry:

Ouch... I always thought they were using trigger buttons for acceleration and brakes, not analogue sticks. My condolences. :cry:
Yep, a control choice who is difficult to explain (for me at least) :)
Hello, do you seriously think that the game will one day be as it should have been at E3 2018 with all the content that should have been PLANNED?
Seriously, I don't think :)
Most of thing who are not in the game was announced as withdrawn, abandoned or put aside. And also because unlike hannibal's "slogan", it's quite rare for a plan to go as expected.
Hannibal.jpg

I just want to simp for devs a little:
Thank you for your work. Sorry that if you were overworked to near death by management, just know that your work is appreciated. Love love love this game. It is not perfect, but it is great nevertheless. Wouldn't mind additions via DLCs and stuff or you fixing invisibility effect to look more appealing (look at Metal Gear Solid or Deux Ex Human/Mankind to get what I mean, or make some other version) instead of lame blueish thing, or hire that modder tha did third person mod. Yet game is great as it is for me already. Love that you support non-Denuvo approach and non ULTRA TURBO GAME OF THE YEAR SAINT DAY edition thing, keep it up. Just maybe make less ambitious projects, I dunno. Keep it real, keep it fantastic too, continue.

Y'know, I've not been able to play the game much as of late, too much stuffs to do for the amount of time in a day. But it did allow some reminiscence thinking back on the game whenever I came across some older photo-moments.

In short it feels like having been privileged to experience a cool game (lucky without any real gamebreaking bugs) that depicts a world not captured by any other piece of media in such pleasant way you can find yourself getting lost in it.
With nearing the one year aniversary. I look back at the game with a smile on my face... feeling a certain pride for having played it.

Think about the game what you will. But for me... It continues to hold that spot up-high, being an alltime favourite.

Wrote the bullet points down almost a year ago and never got around to finishing the feedback. So here's the tl;dr of my experience from playthroughs (~170 hours) in version 1.04:

Negatives:
Crouch toggle and skip dialogue being same bind.
During "follow an npc" the player character not walking the same speed as npc.
AI dumb and blind, difficulty from bullet sponge rather than intelligent actions. Civvie cars don't know how to go around an obstacle.

Non-immersive audio; Orbital launches make no smoke plume or sound despite very close to city (look up binaural rocket launch from youtube for what it should be), AV's are either too quiet or make no sound at all (look up any jet engine noise, ducted or direct, from youtube for reference), some areas are dead silent with no ambience. Gun sounds are too tame (Payday 2 for good canned sounds with echo and reverb or the bank scene from the movie Heat).

Origin stories felt like bait and switch. Aside from the 10 minute half-cutscene at the beginning of the game it had no meaningful effect on the rest of it.
Prologue too short.
No self driving cars (owned or taxi).
No car modifications (cosmetic or performance).
No air vehicles (outside of plot cutscenes).
No metro.
No ability to subscribe to trauma team package (instead of load last save wake up in trauma center with a permanent negative trait from injury).
Schrödinger's omniscient law enforcement system, no car chases.
Claire's arc felt like a mashup of buzzwords and a very fake character. Worst quest in the game.
No time limit to complete the main plot breaks sense of urgency.

What I want from future content:
3rd person view with proper animations.
Another protagonist for a separate but intertwined story arc playing on the corpo side.
Longer origin stories for V.
A MaxTac story arc.
Tightly narrated story arcs for all the main characters as shorter spin offs (f. ex Silverhand's/Rogue's past).
More, and meaningful story of Meredith Stout (example adversarial comradeship f.ex Max Payne & Mona Sax) and Sandra Dorsett's Nightcorp arc.
More interaction (narrative and open world) with gangs and corps.
Wider variety and more of emotionally fucking up content with mature themes (f. ex Evelyn questline, Randy questline, Scav BD production and harvesting business, corp dirty work).
More consequences for non-main plot actions.
Deeper weapon customisation.
Deeper character cosmetics customisation (barber, tattoo shops, augmentations, crafting and shops for clothes so V wouldn't look like a mismatched meme).
More RPG, more immersion (animated eating/drinking at restaurants and bars, hookers and blow at V's or any future protagonist's apartment).
Hire a chauffeur, subscribe to Taxi or AV service and travel cutscene-like around the city on the backseat like a VIP.

Positives/Meaningful moments:
All of the soundtrack.
Gunplay and combat.
Jackie's funeral.
Neighbor's turtle.
Finding dead characters graves in the graveyard.
Panam commenting on V's ptsd dreams.
Evelyn's fate and Judy leaving NC.
River's story.
Pacifica rollercoaster.
Rogue's phonecall before 'saka assault.
Solve the cube nightmare.
Silverhand's character growth.
All endings.
Credits voice calls for all endings.
No saving -final run.

the story could have been more i beat the story and was disappointed in the fact i never even had time to buy a car or explore more than 10 percent of the world please make side missions mandatory to avoid beating the game and feeling left out i remember the trailer they promised so much more than the game actually gave i wish i had 4 hands so i could this 60 dollar bullshit of a game 4 thumbs down
Orrrrr you could do the side missions as you go? Like now, eh? The Main story line is 'mandatory' if you want to beat the game (obviously). The side quests are sweeteners (for me anyway). It is, afterall, your choice for a reason I believe. :D
Post automatically merged:

Y'know, I've not been able to play the game much as of late, too much stuffs to do for the amount of time in a day. But it did allow some reminiscence thinking back on the game whenever I came across some older photo-moments.

In short it feels like having been privileged to experience a cool game (lucky without any real gamebreaking bugs) that depicts a world not captured by any other piece of media in such pleasant way you can find yourself getting lost in it.
With nearing the one year aniversary. I look back at the game with a smile on my face... feeling a certain pride for having played it.

Think about the game what you will. But for me... It continues to hold that spot up-high, being an alltime favourite.
Red points x2!

First of all, I have to say that Cyberpunk 2077 has been a first-class game for years that has inspired me. I have programmed small games of an hour and I know how difficult it is to write a story, create dialogues, create maps. Just an hour... is a lot of work. Playing fun with this quality and depth over several hours takes an eternity. It' s the best game I' ve played in years and that' s why I can' t do this game enough credit. The details in the game are unique and a lot of fun, so I would like to ask you to continue to develop content of this quality. It may be a lot of work, but the players thank you for every minute. Of course I would also have wishes for the game that I want to communicate here.

- It would be great if you could get a continuation of the story at the different endings and maybe they could be continued in different ways.

- Cyberpunk 2077 is related to Bladerunner and it would be great if the character of the sadly deceased Rutger Hauer could also appear in a story.

- Other car races would certainly also enrich the game. Maybe in a different story line?

- More criminal cases involving Rivers would be great too. Unfortunately, the story was a bit too short and I liked it a lot. More of that, please.

- It would also be nice to be able to change your character and the cars in the game (clothes, tattoos, etc.)

- An extension of the map with corresponding activities would be heaven.

These would be my personal wishes to keep playing Cyberpunk 2077 for many years to come. I know that there are an incredible number of and, above all, elaborate requests. But I trust in your team that you can implement these wishes. It is clear to me that these wishes have to be financed and that is why I would be quite ready to continue investing. Cyberpunkt 2077 is a special genre with great possibilities. Please expand this game further. Thank you... and sorry for the bad english ;)

So let me just say that I haven't really played Cyberpunk 2077 since the first patch. I bought a PS4 copy of Cyberpunk 2077 immediately after I got my hands on (with great difficulty) a PS5 console back in February/March. 99% of my experience with Cyberpunk 2077 is on a PS5 console before patch 1. The other 1% was after patch 1 but before patch 2. So it has been a while since I played Cyberpunk 2077, but I am very much looking forward to giving the game another go this Christmas when I get a nice long break from my studies!

So! What I thought of the game!:

Well. In simple terms. I loved Cyberpunk 2077! It was one of the best games I ever played even before it had any patches!

BUGS:
I do admit, the bugs did get quite annoying, but, it was bearable for me at least on next-gen hardware. The majority of the bugs were very minor, coming every couple of main story missions (I didn't do any side missions on my main playthrough). These bugs had no affecting on gameplay, they were just funny little things, like Johnny's cigarette consistently levitating in place instead of moving with his hand. But more seriously, the game would crash almost as often as Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Zombies (this is a totally unacceptable frequency). Assuming that I was playing for around 12 hours per day, that means that it would crash around 3-6 times per day. Sometimes the game would just freeze, other times I would get an in-game phone call which would cut off halfway through and then the game would crash 1 to 10 minutes later. Whilst this was very frustrating and completely broke the immersion of the game, Cyberpunk 2077 does have an excellent method of saving the game. There are autosaves relatively frequently, or if you want to save manually, it only takes a second and there is no wait time for it to finish saving. It is instantaneous. This meant that every time the game crashes, you can just turn the game back on, load your previous save, and chances are; you will only be behind by about 1 minute from where you left off.

NIGHT CITY:
Night City is... Well, it is breathtaking. They really pulled off the dark futuristic vibes here. It's a beautiful city full of new sights around every corner. And it doesn't look like it from the in-game map, but when you're just driving or even walking around, the city feels absolutely huge. You won't be disappointed by the high-quality graphics and amazing sights in Night City as long as you are playing on a PS5 console! One thing that bothers a lot of people about almost every open-world game is that you can't enter most of the buildings, but that's something that needs to be sorted out by future advancements in technology, not by Cyberpunk 2077 in the present day.

GAMEPLAY:
I've never played an open world FPS game before (do they even exist?), so I have nothing to compare Cyberpunk 2077 with. But they really pulled it off. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic and I really have no direct complaints about it. It's like Call of Duty, but 100 times bigger because you can go anywhere you want to go in all of the beautiful Night City. I do have some complaints about the general flow of the game though. I found it very difficult to really get into the flow of the game. As a result, I found myself restarting the game at a later date and creating a new character to start again, over, and over, and over again. This may have just been me, maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something. But I feel like a big reason for finding it difficult to play the game through from start to finish is the poor implementation of gigs, NCPD hustles and side missions. They felt extremely repetitive and most of them have no story related to them. Most of the gigs and NCPD hustles are ONLY THERE to give you something to do and so that you don't finish the game too quickly. I feel like a lot more effort should have been put into making them all fun, unique and engaging. Contrastingly, if you decide not to do any side missions or anything, you feel like you are missing out on a lot of the game. And you make hardly any money at all. Meaning you miss out on all of the cool features of the game that require you to spend a lot of in-game money on. I feel like this loss, loss situation really makes it difficult to get into the game because if you do all the side missions, you get bored of all the repetition and if you don't, you get bored because you aren't exposed to many of the game's greatest features and storylines.
BUT HEY, that's just how I thought about it. Maybe this won't affect you! And if it doesn't, well every other aspect of the gameplay is absolutely amazing and you will never get bored of it.

STORY
Eh. I thought the main story was pretty good. Nothing special but definitely worth experiencing. I recommend buying this game to experience Night City and maybe because of generally excellent gameplay and maybe not for the story alone. Although I never completed most of the side quests. I might be wrong, but I believe that the side quests add A LOT to the story. So take my opinion on the main story with a pinch of... No, a tablespoon of salt.

Overall, fantastic game, definitely worth playing on PS5. But as with every game, a lot of improvements can be made. And some improvements will be made if you are willing to wait for the PS5 dedicated version of the game in early 2022.

I've read a pile of William Gibson books and Blade Runner is my favorite movie.

I've been dedicated to gaming since PAYING to play Pong waaay back, so I've played a TON of games since then.

For me Cyberpunk 2077 is hands down the best game I've played.

Thank you so much to the writers, artists, programmers and crew!

Last edited:
After more than one year for me this game was a lot of things, as what games can be. I took a more than a decade long iatus from gaming (37 here) having returned some 5 years ago and CP77 is definitely my favourite game post-iatus. Night City, the characters, storytelling through dialogue, movement, set, the music that creates both the radio world and soundtrack are all stellar most of the time for me, except the lack of more quest branching as syorytelling goes although I'm a big fan of how they created these story blocks we can go through how we want, limited only in those small branching oportunities in my opinion. I love the gameplay and the amount of builds one can create and experience except after around level 20. I wish there was a different optimization to keep the challenge up from then on, by tweaking multiple systems (rpg elements in enemy abilities and more relevant stats on equipment effects and gang caracteristics,...).
My biggest disappointment came indeed from the equation expectation/reality as I was one of the eager ones to play day one (went to the store to get physical copy day 1) and, playing on ps4 pro my first playthrough went through several patches which changed the experience. So that expectation of "you're in night city, let loose" came way later than first impact. But this is down to me, I vould have put it down.
All the faults of this brilliant game come from the fact it came out around 2 years too early as I see it. This doesn't take anything away from its creators, quite the oposite as I see it. But wI am hopeful that even those incomplete systems will become much more ironed out starting with 1.5 (not saying it will solve all of them, this one patch)

I played thru the crashy early days too, on ps5. Ps4pro must have been painful. Funny how addictive the game was despite rough early days.

CP 2077 is really great game and collesct already 400+ H. I can drive around for hours and enjoy in view and landscape, unfortunately I had to do that in 3th person view since first person view is TO LOW to see street properly :((; while the same time on bike, feeling is incredible.

Now! A side the bugs and glichs there is lots of thing that affect gameplay:
1. GAME HAVE POTENTIAL AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY CONTINUOUSLY AFTER FINISHING MAIN STORY.
V didn't die he can still have some more time to live....
Also, playing from Silverhand perspective can be add as DLC.

2. Night City is a city of crime and yet V manage to solve all crime spots while waiting some other GIG by end of game. WOW!!!! A superman? Police spots and GIG's should continuously be (maybe randomly) generated all the time and the tasks difficulty should increase as the character leveling up instead of making them a boring and uninteresting task that had to be done in order to earn credits.

3. Why corporations can't hire V for job or for some specific task!?? (sabotage, data stealing, hijacking assassination....)

5. Build a reputation system which will affect how other (e.g. fixers) see your character (e.g. as a rookie, some low level punk or successful and competence hitman) which will affect what kind of job you can get and how much creds you can earn it. Fixers certainly have more than one possible task to do and with different risk levels.
Connecting that with clothing style can make whole thing even more interesting...Wanna be in major league; a LEGEND!?? Then you should look that way. (A hot pants, suit jacket, boots are not very representative for a successful hitman)
Give us possibility to choose a specific part of clothes with desired colors and patterns that we wanna buy.

4. GIVE US POSSIBILITY TO CHOOSE A SPECIFIC PART OF CLOTHES WITH DESIRED COLORS AND PATTERNS THAT WE WANNA BUY. There is lots of all kind cloths randomly dropped and selling by the vendors that have no they purpose whatsoever since you can't see it (expect in customization view), and MOST IMPORTANT has no not affect on game in any way. Despite lots of clothes in game it is impossible to avoid a look of a homeless beggar or some punk junkie. OK. I know that Americans has no a bit of sense for style, but for rest of as.... please!!!! Making shops that selling stylishly appropriate (similar) clothing depending of position in city (you wont sell exclusive cloths in some peripheries or indigent neighborhoods). Second hand shops are excused :)
BTW: Vs reputation can also affect in some way his dressing style. (not necessary suits to be a top merc, but proper, good combination can).

6. Car/bike customization. Why I cant have my own garage where I have all my vehicles and in which I can custom them. (color and maybe some other things).
Please change (rise) a point of view when driving in first person view. Close, immediate view of the road and obstacles in front of car is completely impossible as well as a proper change of direction.

7. Character customization. Hair style and color, tattoos, scars...

And don't worry, I'll come with some more ideas soon :))

I'm planning a review, but I don't know where to start...

According to GOG I have played more than 800 hours, while my save file claims 340 hours. This is probably due to the fact that I'm a slow pace player that likes to look at details. I also have zero problems with comparing graphic settings for several hours, or walking around the open world part of the game like a little rat, searching for legendary gear or some fancy looking pants. However, if I had only one single hour to play Cyberpunk 2077, I'd definitely prefer to play the main story (including Panam and River story line), because it provides the high quality that I expect from CDPR. It's why I bought the game, and everything else shouldn't matter for my review. On the other hand, I feel like I just can't ignore the hours I have spent additionally.

What do you think? Should I cover the whole package?

Hello, do you seriously think that the game will one day be as it should have been at E3 2018 with all the content that should have been PLANNED?
Considering I'm sitting here over a year later watching the game repair 14.90GBs of data because the game corrupted itself yet again, no. I do not believe that day will ever come and noone else with any sense believes it either.

What do you think? Should I cover the whole package?
Not surprising to ponder about that. My review from over a year ago wasn't that long. Game blew my mind for sure.

I thought about making some sort of summary after my second playthrough but even now, a year later and after three playthroughs it feels difficult to summarize the experience and then I decided that I may give it a go if I have time to make yet another run with 1.5 patch, once that's is released.

For me, interconnectivity that contributes to world building that then contributes towards everything, so many layers that works contextually and that contributes a lot why it's such a good experience, but how to break all that down without that turning to a short story or something? There are lot's of things in how entertainment sphere is covered which don't really mean anything and so questionable if they suit my goals.

Then there's a huge aspect about quality of writing in game, I'm not kind of person who looks to be totally submerged, it's like I read books. Yet CP 2077 was very intense experience and at the same time, many of the major characters, they didn't wrote those for just one purpose though that may appear like that depending of what is players approach to them.

It's frustrating as on higher thematic level, where our character is taken over by something and several other aspects that also sort of go there and thinking depending more or less of at what stage people are going through their lives, how much we battle with information overload, how many different values are sold to us constantly and how those competing narratives can take a lot of our time, attention and energy.

But here I'm over a year later trying to figure out how to make explain my experience with game. Been thinking though, there's certain economy in how people can spend their time and I don't feel that bad that for now as I believe 1.5 will smoots remaining oddities out that contributes to smoother experience with story and I think then it's time to try to reach people who really don't play story driven games as they don't necessarily appear to touch anything relevant to their lives.

But we will see, good luck for you, which ever method you choose to go with.

Not surprising to ponder about that. My review from over a year ago wasn't that long. Game blew my mind for sure.

Can t say the same for me, CP77 is a rly good game i enjoyed playing, but to be mindblowing it just
lacks too many features and good KB / Mouse implementation aka interaction with the UI.
Things the competition that CP77 stands up against has done right decades ago already.

I hope 1.5 will change this (i don t count on it though just hope), then i might give a lenghty feedback.
My first one was sadly shut down immediately, since it not only covered CP77, but other issues as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom