Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
My Patch 1.5 impressions.

WHY

Fortified Ankles​

Best one (purple) is still dogshit? I came back hoping to see this fixed, but no. It's once again, as it was before just a lesson by developers, their adaptation of Russian verb into video game format : "Best is the enemy of the good" or "Not all is gold that what shines", or something like that.
Because still, it is "upgrade" that gets you LOWER than cheaper/"worse" blue one, it doesn't have any timing and it has 2 sec cool down.
WHO thought this is good idea? Hello, devs, what the fuck? Please explain! Ughhhh!

Other than that I really didn't notice many changes. Cool you can now change your hair cut (but not dick/boobs size for instance), that's cool. Good job. Didn't play it enough to notice all changes.

Q: How is the game after 1.5? Worth playing?
Q: Are the improvements significant?
I don't want to install 60gb for nothing.
Got myself a new PC: Ryzen 5900x + RTX 3070 + 32 GB DDR4.

Still not better than Crisis 3 :ok:
More seriously, it depend of "worth" and "significant" would means.
(for some it's better than ever, for other still the same crap...)

Still not better than Crisis 3 :ok:
More seriously, it depend of "worth" and "significant" would means.
(for some it's better than ever, for other still the same crap...)
I know its not better then Crysis, Bioshock, Deus Ex, STALKER, Fallout, KOTOR, Thief, Last of Us, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Witcher, Gothic, Soma, God of War, RDR, Disco Elysium and so one.
I was referring to improvements in terms of bugs, stability-crashes, AI, graphics glitches, performance.
I just want to be able to play and not be annoyed.

Hi, just wanted to say this game is very, very impressive (patch 1.5, PC)! I don't have a hi-end rig - a 2019 Dell XPS workstation with an 8th gen i7, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1080. I've put in around 25hrs (so far) without any crashes playing at 30fps@1920x1080 (with an Xbox controller). I realize Cyberpunk 2077 probably looks truly amazing on a much better gaming rig with 3 x the GPU I currently have, but on my tin pot PC I'm still blown away by the sights I'm seeing around Night City.

It's, without doubt, the most immersive cityscape I've ever encountered in a video game - beautiful to look at, vibrant, dangerous, and sexy. That 'sexiness' is a tangible thing, too - always lurking on the edge of possibility. I wish the devs had taken a few more risks there - god knows, they created the perfect playground.

Anyway, so far a fantastic experience. I'm mainly following the story beats, doing a few side missions here and there - and still amazed that I've died in-game only maybe 2 or 3 times in all of that 25+ hrs (so far). I love the combat (particularly the gunplay), but I'm a cowardly gamer and I'm convinced I'm about to run into a brick wall of difficulty (because I can't believe I'm still completing missions this far in).

Cut-scenes, often very lengthy, are brilliant - very cinematic. Even the script doesn't embarrass itself.

Above all else, I just enjoy being in Night City's world. It's a fantastic escape into a beautifully realized vision of the future. Kudos to the game's artists and designers - a superb job, full of surprises and unexpected detail, over and over. If Cyberpunk 2077 was just a walking simulator I think I'd still be happy to spend time there.

Hi, just wanted to say this game is very, very impressive (patch 1.5, PC)! I don't have a hi-end rig - a 2019 Dell XPS workstation with an 8th gen i7, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1080. I've put in around 25hrs (so far) without any crashes playing at 30fps@1920x1080 (with an Xbox controller). I realize Cyberpunk 2077 probably looks truly amazing on a much better gaming rig with 3 x the GPU I currently have, but on my tin pot PC I'm still blown away by the sights I'm seeing around Night City.

It's, without doubt, the most immersive cityscape I've ever encountered in a video game - beautiful to look at, vibrant, dangerous, and sexy. That 'sexiness' is a tangible thing, too - always lurking on the edge of possibility. I wish the devs had taken a few more risks there - god knows, they created the perfect playground.

Anyway, so far a fantastic experience. I'm mainly following the story beats, doing a few side missions here and there - and still amazed that I've died in-game only maybe 2 or 3 times in all of that 25+ hrs (so far). I love the combat (particularly the gunplay), but I'm a cowardly gamer and I'm convinced I'm about to run into a brick wall of difficulty (because I can't believe I'm still completing missions this far in).

Cut-scenes, often very lengthy, are brilliant - very cinematic. Even the script doesn't embarrass itself.

Above all else, I just enjoy being in Night City's world. It's a fantastic escape into a beautifully realized vision of the future. Kudos to the game's artists and designers - a superb job, full of surprises and unexpected detail, over and over. If Cyberpunk 2077 was just a walking simulator I think I'd still be happy to spend time there.

The story, script, and CIty have always been the game's strong points. The main area where it fails is in "player agency". The player really can't have a big enough impact on the story to make much difference. There are a few pre-scripted endings, but those choices are only made in the last couple of hours of play. Otherwise the story just happens and V is along for the ride.

If there were factions you could get involved with, important choices to be made that really affected what happens in the city, a true branching main story where the entire story changed and not just the ending, the game would be a true masterpiece. Maybe in the sequel.

Worth: yes, but it also was prior.
Improvements significant: yes, at least from my experience.
My verdict: try it to see for yourself.
You ask questions that are very subjective in nature and will always have a risk of not being to your satisfaction.

CP2077 was literally one of the FIRST TWO games I bought for the Series X at release of the game and the system. Mainly because of the replayability potential, and because well, RPG! Once I started playing, I was HYPED but severely let down by all the bugs. Even in its buggy state, it has still been one of my favorite games. I'm actually about to tear into the new update to see what it's all about. If the prices for the RTX 3080 ever come down, I can move over to PC with CP2077. The game was a very ambitious undertaking by the studio in terms of visuals and overall gameplay. I just wish we could get our hands on some of the cut content/gameplay that never made it in-game due to rushing to meet and/or missed deadlines etc.

Hello CDPR, I hope you can have time to read this message as I want to highlight some bugs in the game, I do it because I have invested time and money in it and I still have hope in you.

First: Jonny Silverhand's hand is bugged with mantis claws.

Second: The rendering system is quite painful, I don't understand why with everything on high the game looks so bad, I don't know if it's my problem but I would like to see if there is a solution.

third: The garbage from the desert is floating and it seems sad to me that a million dollar company does this shit.

Fourth: people are still Floating, after almost 1 year people are still FLOATING.

I attach the screenshots and I hope you can solve it, thanks.

2022-02-18_1229_2.png
2022-02-26_1247_2.png
2022-02-26_1248_1.png
2022-02-26_1250_1.png

Well, I suppose we have to face the reality that 1.5 was really all about prepping to launch on nextgen consoles, and have marketing points to boost sales on those platforms. Along the way we did get some genuine improvements, thankfully, and the story experience and VA remain the game's biggest strengths IMO.

But I have no explanation as to why simple, basic, obvious functionality is missing; why embarrassing and tedious bugs persist; and the "economy changes" were a bandaid on the amputation that is the loot, itemization, and gearing system. A year later, and no one was given the task to write even one or two-word text additions to item descriptions or tooltips that clearly state what it DOES or what it's FOR? Really? An inventory system that makes Vanilla Skyrim look convenient and modern?

I will hold out some remaining hope that now that they have the talking points for boosting console sales finished, they will devote honest time and effort to correcting the many glaring issues and omissions that should not be in a game from 2012 let alone 2022.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I'm frustrated by the fact that I can't change the ads to toogle the aim using a mouse on the PC
Game publishers need to stop deluding themselves that the PC market is somehow "less important" to the industry. Consider that even with an enormous market in GPU computing for scientific, academic, and corporate customers, NVIDIA is still bothering to try and *nerf their cards' usefulness to buyers who pay them lots of money* so the gaming consumers don't give up on buying them. That fact is not meaningless. Modding is continuing to grow and become a serious factor in ways similar to how games themselves exploded from "weird niche thing nerds to" to huge segment of the entertainment industry - and PC users are 100% of mod makers. Consoles won't ever support content-creators as well as PCs, etiher. Ever.

Yet the message we're always given is that a proper PC interface - which ain't rocket surgery anyway, FFS - is "not a priority," and that's somehow an excuse for it being terrible.

Start hiring real UX and GUI developers - whether or not they have any experience with games whatsoever - because at this point it's not your fault that there's no one left who understands how to make them well in game dev studios, but it is how things are, so please stop the cringey half-baked tacked-on efforts like the keybinds that sorta work except where they don't.... pony up and hire someone who knows what they're doing. They will amaze you. And could probably improve your console systems too.

Last edited:
Yeh.

1,5 took care of a lot of issues, including the lod bugs (which I kinda did not expect to get fixed)

Still no train riding (trailer made me want that, it's your fault xD), V still clips thru that Delomain rear window, during the bigleagues heist, even tho code for lowering it is in the game and you can do it via mod.

But hey I've played all 3 Witchers now. (still playing W3) I recognize some of the bugs, glitches and other issues. In that context CP77 is gold now, was pretty standard CDPR product before. I have 437.5 hours in CP77 and Imma go ahead and play it again xD

Play it - just don't try to break it, cause you will xD respect it, let it tell you the story, cooperate with it on your own entertainment. =D

Well-well, let me finally throw in a couple words.

I always had deep respect for CDPR for the Witcher series and how CDPR treated the community.
[...]

I wasnt much into Cyberpunk's setting and didnt pre-order the game, but when it got a really bad press on release date, I at GOG (or restored my long-lost password, I aint too sure about that now) to buy the game at full price to show my support to a great company and great guys. I gave the game review and best marks possible. I kinda liked the game, though it had a lot of flaws, still I believed in CDPR and I enjoyed the story.

Now, after the ban on my country, I feel like pissed on for all the faith and support.
I bet this post will be deleted and it will look camlm and casual. Well, calm and casual are gonna be my PC's without GOG or any CDPR's game ever.
Enjoy the 200 bucks I've spent on supporting ur company I heard a bunch of experts saying Cyberpunk's failing release could result in CDPR bankruptcy.

This aint a hate-speech, this is my impression on CDPR and Cyberpunk. And this is khabar from Khabarovsk, Russian Federation, out.

Farewell.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I started playing on the Xbox one at release and I loved it but also hated it? The graphics were terrible, the NPCs and cars all looked the same and the bugs just made it literally unplayable for me but I didn't give it up, I waited and have no regrets.

Now I have the Series X and after the update, I love it. I think it was a big step in the right direction, the character romances and stories leave me wanting more and the general city is just beautiful. I really hope they do more.
Don't get me wrong, there are still things that need to be fixed/improved but I am enjoying it so much now and I feel like this is the opening they needed when it was released in order to do more amazing things with it.

Not a massive gamer but I really enjoyed this Game I enjoyed the choices the romance with Panam.just wish it never stopped.when you go off to your new life wish it just continued with that maybe it needs to be like an open world on a server or something like that and to be able to progress in your relationships with the people you fall for.this is definitely opened to be a massive Adult only game.and you can have aload of choices to sort out the lives of characters and decisions you want your life to take

Hi

Just wanted to pop in and give a little feedback.

First off, thanks for a awesome experience. The storyline and gameplay for the first playthrough, was great. Got thoroughly immersed in the world, and felt the world impacts.
Jackie's death was right in the feels.
. I will probably now wait for some more releases, mods, and most significantly, a gaming PC ( Played this on a Ideapad with integrated gfx ) . So I could not experience the world in any beauty, just the gameplay and story, and it was already worth every cent I spent.

Now for the bad.

The biggest disappointment, is the ending. You seem to be able to make the choice to go back to Earth, Hanako even say they want to continue to work with you, but, there is no way to actually do that. You just load a old save. That is a really bad oversight, and broke that ending completely. I am sure the are more endings for me to unlock, but from what I read, there is no ending where you can live out your last 6 months and just continue. I would hope you fix that. Give the ending we all want where we can actually go back and continue to explore the world, do gigs, unlock stuff etc..., after the main quest line. Go back to Arasaka orbital facility, do a Will slap on the neuralsurgeon, and use their tech to get yourself transplanted in to a cybernetic body, or something.

Last edited:
I know its not better then Crysis, Bioshock, Deus Ex, STALKER, Fallout, KOTOR, Thief, Last of Us, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Witcher, Gothic, Soma, God of War, RDR, Disco Elysium and so one.
I was referring to improvements in terms of bugs, stability-crashes, AI, graphics glitches, performance.
I just want to be able to play and not be annoyed.

Well I agree with some of those titles, certainly nowhere near that long of a list for me (and I have played most all in your list) what I do know is if you enjoyed Cyberpunk up until now then yes it is a worthwhile improvement for sure. If you didn't like the game very much or were still somewhat reserved then the patch won't add too much I don't think.

P.S. With the exception of Bioshock, Stalker, Crysis 2, Fallout 3/4, I disagree with the rest of the lot in that long list ;) :p Soma? Really? lol That's barely more than an indie game (and I enjoyed that one too, great story) but that's a far cry from Cyberpunk 2077..

Last edited:
Top Bottom