Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I have just completed the final mission.
I bought Cyberpunk during sales some times ago and waited the 1.5 patch to play it. I was hyped for the game and the simple presence of Keanu Reeves in the game was enough for me to start playing. No need for epic graphics or complex game mechanics: just give me Silverhand.
So I started the game on my pc with all graphics option maxed out at 1440p using quality DLSS. So for the graphics: breathtaking. Really. I don't know how much Red Engine is powerfull but this game looks like a demo tech for a graphic engine. Everything looks so detailed and I kinda feel all the love the developers have put into this game to build Night City.
I made lots of sidequests before the Hanako mission to reach level 41, so I travelled a lot around NC but I never got bored of it. There is so much to explore and I'm impressed about the complexity of the City.
Gameplay wise it feels really good too for my tastes. Nice gun fight and melee attacks, good skills tree and upgrade possibility. You can really choose if just run in and start an intense gunfight or sneak around in ninja mode. Even though sometimes side quests are similars I never got bored by them: maybe just because they are always in a different part of the City and this is enough for me to enjoy them.
Interactions with the NPCs are good too, even if for me Reeves steal the show. Man...the dialogues with him are just so immersive: sometimes funny, sometimes hangry, sometimes complex, sometimes superficials, sometimes really deep. There is so much about the story between V and Silverhand. And i really have to say THANKS to CDPRed because they had the real italian voice actor that usually makes movies where Keanu Reeves is on set. This is a so much an immersive and amazing experience!
I really dont have any negative point about the game. Maybe the time you need to complete the main story line is a little bit short: with tons of sidequests it took me only sixty hours to finish the game at level 41. So I did not actually unlocked all the skills that are available: but every good RPG is made to be played a lot even after the main story. So this is not really a negative point.
The only thing that I could point out is that there is some confusion after the last story mission. I completed the mission, watched the end credits...and Judy saying that she will leave Night City...saved the game and continued. And...well...Judy is still there (hopefully...I love her!), and also Silverhand is still in my head just how before the Hanako mission. I don't know if this is a bug or not but it's quite confusing. Weapons maybe needs some balancing because with mantis blade or cyberware melee cable you are just too powerfull.
That said, Cyberpunk 2077 is really a great great game in every aspect and worth a play. My congratulations to CDPRed to have build such an amazing world and story, and can't wait to see more content...if we all know that you are already working on the next Witcher game. I will continue to explore the City waiting for some DLC or new updates.

Thank you CDProjektRed!

photomode_31032022_153451.png

Attachments

• photomode_31032022_153451.png
    photomode_31032022_153451.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
So this is not really a negative point.
The only thing that I could point out is that there is some confusion after the last story mission. I completed the mission, watched the end credits...and Judy saying that she will leave Night City...saved the game and continued. And...well...Judy is still there (hopefully...I love her!), and also Silverhand is still in my head just how before the Hanako mission. I don't know if this is a bug or not but it's quite confusing.
Keep in mind that when you clic on "One more GIG" after the end credits, it's the point of no return which is used and you comeback before the last quest (Nocturne Op51N1) with your rewards.

I just noticed that with the current sale, the game is back up really high on Steam's current sales charts. I know that the game has had its rough moments, but still, there's clearly a lot of interest in it.

I just noticed that with the current sale, the game is back up really high on Steam's current sales charts. I know that the game has had its rough moments, but still, there's clearly a lot of interest in it.

Hype is real for 1.5 year old game. I cant understand why all the silence for expansion. I noticed they owned the last Christmas. CDPR owned the Christmas twice.

BUUT, sucks to say Expansion is gonna go south, whatever they do, they cant please the crowd, players just want all kind of stuff from them. They could tank it with some girls.

Last edited:
So, finally finished the 1.5/next gen ps5 update. The game runs so much better now, I had only one crash and put in 100 hrs into the save. There's a couple of weird issues that are still there, like still can't loot bodies/weapons if they're in foliage. However, the issue isn't as bad as it used to be. Also, sometimes I can't loot the bots in the game to? All in all, it's a fun game.

A good thing then. Apparently the game now runs well enough for most people that the interest is communicated.
say what you want about the speed at which CDPR worked on the problem(s) (I didn't care in particuar about the slowness)
But clearly it has been received good and brought the game back to level, at least such is my conclusion.

There's a couple of weird issues that are still there, like still can't loot bodies/weapons if they're in foliage. However, the issue isn't as bad as it used to be. Also, sometimes I can't loot the bots in the game to? All in all, it's a fun game.
Yep, it's all due to the bush/plant hitboxes :(
And about the unlootable "flying" bots, it's new in 1.5 (it will probably be fixed in the next update).

What I could do is finish just one run completely, with all the side quests, of which the two main quests I really liked, for the main story, ups and downs in some situations, other side quests are almost pointless and useless, they could have been done better, in some of them I noticed a big drop in quality.
I never pretended too much in hoping that Cyberpunk would become what we hoped for in so many, I had understood this even before the release, due to many reasons and rather strange situations, but above all for that HIPE generated by the community and unjustified.
This judgment of mine is not based on technical problems and too disappointing performances even on PCs, which if compared also to ultra-high-end hardware, the performances are still too low despite the lack of many graphic features, such as the realism of the absent water and much more, but also about everything that is missing in the game in terms of content and things never added, as much as many players say (I like the game) they have no idea what should and could have been, it is very far from be an RPG, because the choices do not lead to any substantial change of the plot or the quests.
I would like that, if there is a next Cyberpunk, CDPR will take all the time to really create what it should have been, a truly living city, move within it also by other means, stop looking after the community [...]. and whining about the delays. CDPR should reduce communication with the community, not promise anything, not publish any release date until a short time before the actual release and really create something complete and not a simple shooter with useless mannequins walking the streets, but not that alone, Red Dead Redemption 2 is vastly superior in everything and can be a good learning point. The Red Engine is full of problems at the moment, so I don't know what the future goals of CDPR will be, continue to improve this engine, or move to Unreal Engine 5 with the support of Epic Games as for the next The Witcher, I believe it would be better since however the developers will gain experience from UE5, the Red Engine did not turn out to be a nex gen engine, let's forget the animations and the AI.
All this should serve as a lesson to everyone, stop creating unnecessary and unjustified discussions and HIPE based on nothing, this is aimed above all at [...] and sales do not justify the quality of the product, since these come mainly from the HIPE generated and not from the quality of the product.
I hope that this situation will change in the future and that these communications will be made more mature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love CP77. I've been playing games a long time and this is one of the first ones that was enjoyable enough for me to WANT to get 100% completion, just to try to experience everything the game can offer.
CDPR, thank you for this game.

Hi CDPR, I've had a strange realtionship with cyberpunk. It's difficult to 'promote' with the backlash it's gotten and I think that's fair. I do however passionately say. For all of it's controversy, bugs etc etc this was an ambitious game! and you really can tell the ambitions....these people climbed the highest mountain in the world and whipped out a f**kin set of stepladders and kept going, you may have gotten kicked in the face but theres some real ballsy work in this studio. For me you rivaled RedDead (I'm a rockstar\openworld fanboy) in creating an immersive world. Never saw a game with so much life on the screen. It's epic! I have a suggestion for a new game mechanic, I know nothing of game design so I may be naive, but I haven't seen this in a game yet. It's obviously related to current modern and future worlds so game companys haven't considered that if you wander down a street the majority of us are wearing headphones. in CB22 it could just be headphones or it could be a radio inplant or cyberware. I like the soundtrack and find it annoying I need to be in a car when I like to wander around. different genres of music help set the characters interests. thug, grunge, or maybe your a sociopath listening to tchaikovsky clair de lune while you go crazy with a katana. It can help immersion. Eventually hearing SLAUGHTERHOUSE! and overplayed sounds and Ads in game gets repetitive and removes immersion. listening to radio on foot can postpone the eventual repetitiveness. Just an idea, loving this game. I'm 107 hours in and not touched the main campaign at the start of Act 2.

This is an awesome game. I love Cyberpunks climate. The whole idea of the Night City singularity, fantastic guns, great dialogues, and in general, the night spectre is unique.

So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
I still have faith in both the game and (more importantly) CDPR's commitment to complete the job. I really appreciated their revisions of all The Witcher editions and have no reason to doubt their intentions for CP77. That's not to understate my sense of disappointment, though. They knew full-well what was in store when they released this game in its current state and thoroughly deserve all the ensuing criticism. There are many who will take a cynical view but I honestly believe that the devs are cringing at their loss of kudos. Prior to this they had achieved a rare status but now they're exposed as all too human.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
Post automatically merged:

Quote of the day:
I still have faith in both the game and (more importantly) CDPR's commitment to complete the job. I really appreciated their revisions of all The Witcher editions and have no reason to doubt their intentions for CP77. That's not to understate my sense of disappointment, though. They knew full-well what was in store when they released this game in its current state and thoroughly deserve all the ensuing criticism. There are many who will take a cynical view but I honestly believe that the devs are cringing at their loss of kudos. Prior to this they had achieved a rare status but now they're exposed as all too human.

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
Just played for 30+ hours over a week on Xbox Series S and have really enjoyed my time. I am glad I waited to play till the trash that was released was massively improved on and I can do it on system that it can at least be played on that shows it close to how I imagine its designers intended. Its a good game, a good experience. I do feel its a bit unfair to to be overly nasty about it unless you played it as the next GTA, I have found the story and city to be excellent, the immersion top notch and the jank to be no worse than any large 1st person open world. If your aim is to break the game then you will easily succeed I guess but if you play the story in the style you enjoy then you'll enjoy your time. Thats my opinion anyway. It is a company that over promises, under delivers, then gradually makes good. No shock their, they have the exact track record in Wild Hunt, now a brilliant game and this one is now fun and does many things very, very well. Hope they continue to polish, but from what i've seen it's at a stage of polishing not massively repairing. Hope it becomes a classic for right reason, at moment its already a good game, other good games are available.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your work, I disappeared for a whole week from real life in night city.
I will miss this city, I will miss Johnny, Panam, Judy.
In fact, I have been unable to get out of deep depression for a week now
The last time this happened was when I read all the books by Sapkowski and went through all the witchers.
Thank you, CD Project Red

Quote of the day:

Well they finally fixed most of the bugs in the game especially if u have an Xbox Series X cause it runs so well on there

Just finished my second playthrough (140 hours till now), and I still think that is one of my favourites game ever. I usually never play a game twice or more, but Cyberpunk is so addicting.
Once again I have to thank CDPR for the italian voice acting which is just stunning and as I said before, using the real Keanu Reeves italian dubbing actor is just epic! I took more time to explore Night City and even if it's "just a town" I have the feeling that there is always something to find and to explore. NC it's just an amazin place: the details level is just stunning and I never get bored about it, and graphics make your journey to NC breathtaking. You will need a powerfull GPU to be able to run Red Engine with all maxed out, but with DLSS everything looks and runs perfectly on 1440p. Interactions with NPCs are really well done even though a little bit more of romance would have been a nice touch. Interaction with Judy is great but quite limited to a few quests and dialogues during the main story. I hope there will be more in future content.
Again, as I said, I really have no negative point on the game: if I really have to find one I would tell that even if in normal mode, weapons should be a little bit more balanced (mantis blaades are great but really too powefull: once you get elite ones, weapons becomes just an option) and consumables should have more impact on gameplay (I know they are more important in harder modes).
I can just recomend this game to everyone: great story, amazing characters, gorgeous graphics and epic soundtrack.
Will tell about it when I'll finish my next playthrough.

photomode_03062022_211125.png

As many I want to add my 5 cents:

In short - To say huge THANK YOU for what you made. Keanu Reeves didn't lie - it was truly breathtaking. I bought CP77 twice in GOG and Steam jsut to express this. Never did it before for 20 years of gameplaying (OK, I did the same before with the Witcher 1,2,3).

In long - Just want to underline the most bright moments (just in case - a feedback has been wrote for version 1.52):

1. Great immersive effect - you really feel the story. Sometimes I feel myself still in game while already turned off a PC.

2. Wonderful story - keep you tight from the beginning till the end.

3. Great sidequests - their level very high as the main story.

4. Atmosphere - background sounds of the city, especially at night, when you are driving somewhere along. Sounds of pipe burning fuel, sound of construction sites, some industrial effect - top nocht.

5. TARO cards and mystic elements - please send my personal gratitudes to a person who added this elements into the game. In the tech future than almost everybody forgot about their souls, Misty's character and her predictions look very advantageous, very fresh idea, I like it much. Also noticed a small point - a cat that reacts on a Johnny's engram while V and Takamura seat in construct site in one of the missions - wonderful.

6. Soundtrack - Resist and Disorder, all Samurai / Refused songs, remix "Never fade away" - they all in my personal sound collection right now. All are increadeably touching tracks.

7. Graphics / Visual effects - (Ryzen 5600x + rx6600xt + 16 gb - get ~75-90 fps at high settings with very smooth gameplay at 1080p) I am staring at buildings as an idiot for 5 minutes between jobs just because it is beatiful and right now always skiping fast travel just because I love views both inside and outside the city. Sometimes just drive across badlands with wind farms around.

8. Car desings - and again, my personal gratitudes for the cars and motorcycles creators, they did just wonderful job. Exterior, interior - all look great.

9. Architecture of Night City - graffities, neon ligts, buildings, roads, street design - just gorgeous.

10. Universe - I read everything in game from library about lore and also took a lot from fan sites for understanding what is going on around.

11. Optimization - only one game crash for ~150 hours.

12. Voice acting - beat the game once and right now playing is a 2nd run, both for male V, and have to admit actor plays quiet qualitatively. Totally feels the right moment and emotions - a great hit.

Some disappointed points also here of course, I want to be at fair side:

1. Bugs that ruin immersive atmosphere - you've hearded about it 1 mln times I know, sorry...

2. Short love lines - addition interactions (kisses, hugs, additional few warm kind words) and few new missions are with beloved ones really suggest themselves :) For example, after you complete bright storyline with Panam (also great story itself btw) she almost dissapeares from the game...

3. Very repetative people from croud - same humans can seat next to each other.

4. No motorcycles on a road - but they all just stay the city near bands usually.

5. No underground system - as understood it half completed officially because after small mod installation are stations, schedule, trains - all works fine.

6. No marks on the map - lack of details with names of specific places such as Clouds, Afterlife, etc... even Townhall didnt highlighted.

7. No clothes sets - I mean in such gorgeous universe where you already implemented 4 different styles - entropism, kitch, etc... we have to see some stats's profit if V wears clothes from one style.

As many I want to add my 5 cents:

In short - To say huge THANK YOU for what you made. Keanu Reeves didn't lie - it was truly breathtaking. I bought CP77 twice in GOG and Steam jsut to express this. Never did it before for 20 years of gameplaying (OK, I did the same before with the Witcher 1,2,3).

In long - Just want to underline the most bright moments (just in case - a feedback has been wrote for version 1.52):

1. Great immersive effect - you really feel the story. Sometimes I feel myself still in game while already turned off a PC.

2. Wonderful story - keep you tight from the beginning till the end.

3. Great sidequests - their level very high as the main story.

4. Atmosphere - background sounds of the city, especially at night, when you are driving somewhere along. Sounds of pipe burning fuel, sound of construction sites, some industrial effect - top nocht.

5. TARO cards and mystic elements - please send my personal gratitudes to a person who added this elements into the game. In the tech future than almost everybody forgot about their souls, Misty's character and her predictions look very advantageous, very fresh idea, I like it much. Also noticed a small point - a cat that reacts on a Johnny's engram while V and Takamura seat in construct site in one of the missions - wonderful.

6. Soundtrack - Resist and Disorder, all Samurai / Refused songs, remix "Never fade away" - they all in my personal sound collection right now. All are increadeably touching tracks.

7. Graphics / Visual effects - (Ryzen 5600x + rx6600xt + 16 gb - get ~75-90 fps at high settings with very smooth gameplay at 1080p) I am staring at buildings as an idiot for 5 minutes between jobs just because it is beatiful and right now always skiping fast travel just because I love views both inside and outside the city. Sometimes just drive across badlands with wind farms around.

8. Car desings - and again, my personal gratitudes for the cars and motorcycles creators, they did just wonderful job. Exterior, interior - all look great.

9. Architecture of Night City - graffities, neon ligts, buildings, roads, street design - just gorgeous.

10. Universe - I read everything in game from library about lore and also took a lot from fan sites for understanding what is going on around.

11. Optimization - only one game crash for ~150 hours.

12. Voice acting - beat the game once and right now playing is a 2nd run, both for male V, and have to admit actor plays quiet qualitatively. Totally feels the right moment and emotions - a great hit.

Some disappointed points also here of course, I want to be at fair side:

1. Bugs that ruin immersive atmosphere - you've hearded about it 1 mln times I know, sorry...

2. Short love lines - addition interactions (kisses, hugs, additional few warm kind words) and few new missions are with beloved ones really suggest themselves :) For example, after you complete bright storyline with Panam (also great story itself btw) she almost dissapeares from the game...

3. Very repetative people from croud - same humans can seat next to each other.

4. No motorcycles on a road - but they all just stay the city near bands usually.

5. No underground system - as understood it half completed officially because after small mod installation are stations, schedule, trains - all works fine.

6. No marks on the map - lack of details with names of specific places such as Clouds, Afterlife, etc... even Townhall didnt highlighted.

7. No clothes sets - I mean in such gorgeous universe where you already implemented 4 different styles - entropism, kitch, etc... we have to see some stats's profit if V wears clothes from one style.
#2 resonates with me especially. There wasn't a lot of buildup to the romance with the options. No option to flirt or anything. Also, they aren't equal. Panam got WAY more than the others, and Kerry and River got the least. It's ridiculous.

#2 resonates with me especially. There wasn't a lot of buildup to the romance with the options. No option to flirt or anything. Also, they aren't equal. Panam got WAY more than the others, and Kerry and River got the least. It's ridiculous.
As someone interested in the fem romances only, I gotta say it sucks that some characters get more content than others. They oughta be split more or less 50/50

Top Bottom