Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
#2 resonates with me especially. There wasn't a lot of buildup to the romance with the options. No option to flirt or anything. Also, they aren't equal. Panam got WAY more than the others, and Kerry and River got the least. It's ridiculous.
I feel that on a paper scenarios are much bigger and already prepared for all of them - River, Kerry, Judy, Panam... but as we saw for launch time were not prepared basic things so the full implementation of storylines was out of the question.

Very likely their implementation was somewhere in internal roadmap for further project development. But right now reality tells that only hope we will see it only in Cybeprpunk 2078 (or whatever it will be called) or in some specially prepared comics / books / etc or or via some interview of ex-plotwriter of CDPR after another few years...

btw, an interesting fact - based on GOG achievement statistics which I've just checked number of different storylines completion by players currently are next
  1. Panam - 43.5 %
  2. Judy - 32.5 %
  3. River - 30.9 %
  4. Kerry - 12.1 %

I feel that on a paper scenarios are much bigger and already prepared for all of them - River, Kerry, Judy, Panam... but as we saw for launch time were not prepared basic things so the full implementation of storylines was out of the question.

Very likely their implementation was somewhere in internal roadmap for further project development. But right now reality tells that only hope we will see it only in Cybeprpunk 2078 (or whatever it will be called) or in some specially prepared comics / books / etc or or via some interview of ex-plotwriter of CDPR after another few years...

btw, an interesting fact - based on GOG achievement statistics which I've just checked number of different storylines completion by players currently are next
  1. Panam - 43.5 %
  2. Judy - 32.5 %
  3. River - 30.9 %
  4. Kerry - 12.1 %
That is really sad that poor Kerry gets left out. His gigs are so much fun, even more so if you're romancing him.

That is really sad that poor Kerry gets left out. His gigs are so much fun, even more so if you're romancing him.
Not his fault :)

Panam is well integrated in main story almost from the start, same thing for Judy. So players are well awared about both of them

River meets on our path right after girls above so Kerry last one (at least during my gameplay)....

I've actually thought in my first playthroguht that I missed something or answered something wrong to Johnny because I dont see any missions about Kerry. Sidequests with him were almost last across all I have ( I totally avoided all spoilers about game and was not awarded who is he, only saw him in game trailers).

Short about me:
Played CP77 since launch on PC. Had multiple playthroughs, though only finished one (the first).

Here is my honest critique/feedback with everything the game does great, and what the game could seriously benefit from adding/changing in the future (like patch 2.0).

Pros:
- Atmosphere in the game is incredible. The setting is near perfect.
- Main story is very engaging and caters to players who want to immerse themselves in their character and feel like they're living through a movie.
- Scope of the game is so big, that it can stand to receive a TON of content without feeling bloated. It's a type of game that sees benefit from more content variety.

Mids:
- General character control is decent, albeit a bit sluggish at times - mostly at high-pace non linear movement and fighting, where you feel a bit disconnected from your character with no ability to manipulate your natural inertia (a game like Mirror's Edge handles realistic inertia to near perfection, as an example).
- Map is well sized and has a lot of room to make individual districts stand out from one another. However, the vastness also ends up emphasizing the slightly empty feel in the world itself, and many places outside of downtown city center end up being exclusively quest related and hold little explorational value (specifically because there is nothing to explore except the surface level content).
- Weapon variety is decent and distinctive, and allows players to build custom setups that cater to their personal playstyles. However, there also exists quite a bit of weapon overlap and the lack of more in-depth customization means the setups you end up having are often quite simplistic despite the depth of the skill tree.

Cons:
- Gunplay itself doesn't cater to player skill, as it just comes down to level gapping your opponent (or the other way around). The fps mechanics don't tempt the player to seek out advanced mechanical skill in combat/movement, because it is far more efficient to just level up your stats and seek out higher rated weapon tiers.
- Bullet sponginess has no place in a first person shooter, unless the game has some seriously good arguments for its existence. Safe to say, CP77 does NOT have good arguments. There is no logical reason that two exactly similar weapons can perform with a 1000% difference just because of their level rating. That is not how weapons work in a realistic-ish type of near future game world. This gameplay element is a major drawback to CP77.
- The entire character leveling system is vague and applied in the wrong places. Character leveling should exclusively be tied to a skill tree and player perks, NOT the quality of weapons that are available to them. That should be the job of "Street credit", not player level.
- AI is just not on par with the requirements for the massive scope of this game. You have gone through so much effort and hard work to create this beautiful city setting, yet the AI means it is impossible to populate that beautiful world. It's like playing in a photo mode simulator. NOT GOOD.
- Cops are still teleporting and the entire wanted system is superficial, as it has no long-term effects and cops are easy to get away from right up until they become overpowered. This extremely hard balance point is way too abrupt and subsequently the police and wanted system rarely feels like a meaningful/enjoyable game mechanic.
- The city is beautiful and made to work in both the horizontal and vertical plane, but as players we never get to explore the verticality of it because we always exist at street level. There is hardly any incentive to vertically scale the city (again bringing back Mirror's Edge as an example of how verticality can drastically change the perception of a city environment).
- There is no purpose to the character background you choose. After the initial 15 minutes of prologue gameplay, all you're left with are a few personalized dialogue options that don't change anything anyways.
- Lack of player interactivity and ability to be proactive in their own character story, rather than passively following narrated scripts all the time.

Here is how I would suggest things can be changed/added for future game expansions to tackle some of the main flaws of the game in its current state:

COMBAT:
1. Completely remove all looter-shooter elements. Remove gun leveling. Make all guns deal a flat base damage relative to the weapon and ammunition type.

2. Weapon rarity system (Common-Uncommon-Rare-Epic-Legendary) should be changed so that the rarity affects the quality of the weapon rather than its specific damage. Quality means how good of a shape is the weapon in? Does it occasionally misfire? Are reloads quick and easy, or are they janked and slow? How many modifications can be added? Cybernetic upgrades should be exclusive to Iconic weapons (regardless of rarity), to make them truly iconic both in name and gameplay.

3. Make enemies' level affect their strategies and mid-fight tactics, rather than their hp and dmg outputs. For example, a low level enemy would be a non-trained civilian with a gun -someone who fights in the open and reacts to distractions etc. These opponents may also try to flee when facing overwhelming odds (grenade spam, decapacitation, etc).
A medium level opponent would fight defensively and constantly seek out cover and try to hold their position and rotate their defense relative to you if you try to flank them. They will try to fight you at a range, and employ grenades if you get in close reach.
A high level opponent would be taking on a search-and-destroy tactic where they systematically in a team clear out angles and try to force multiple directions of engagement and push you into a disadvantage. They will also make use of netrunners who will either try to hack you, or intercept your own attempted quickhacks (you can intercept their hacks too if you're proficient in quickhacking).

Within these levels, there would also exist a hierarchy of command, where a group leader would have the ability to call in backup for example, or request a certain area to be closed off if you fight inside a public building like a mall or fenced area. This would give incentive to be strategic about who you try to fight and how.

GENERAL LEVELING:
4. Character level should be relevant for the skills you unlock in your skill tree and player perks. On the other hand, the Street Credit system should be what allows you to unlock unique trade deals with various vendors and get you higher tier gigs etc. High tier items and weapons should be acquired through good contacts and a wide social network, which gets wider the more street credibility you have.

Street Credibility should also be split into separate entities between each faction in Night City, and be a fluent meter that goes up and down depending on your actions. Lets say you do a lot of gigs for a certain gang, your street cred with them and their associated vendors and gig offers goes up - but then perhaps your street cred with another opposing gang goes down because you're making deals with their enemy. This means there is an active player incentive to decide where your alliance lies in Night city, as different alliances open up different opportunities and drawbacks. This offers fluent gameplay that is not limited to the scripted storyline or a set finite level counter that you have "perfected" once you reach lvl 50 or some other arbitrary number.

WORLD INTERACTION:
5. AI simply needs to change completely, and here is what is a desirable starting point:
You should be able to interact with citizens in a manner that has a progressive outcome, meaning the npc reacts to how your actions. The first step is to divide AI into subgroups, for example based on their occupation. Are they homeless? Young adults? Gang-members? Corpo affiliates? Regular workers? This will determine where they live (general area), and what their individual daily routine is (where they work, how they commute, etc).
Based on the occupation of the npc you interact with, they may respond with comments related to their general life. There could even be a 10% chance roll that they will have a tiny task you can help them with, which may improve your proficiency in whichever field their occupation lies in. And maybe there will be a 1% chance that the npc interaction could lead to a regular gig-sized event that changes dynamically (make a deal with X character, talk to X person about Y thing, get randomized reward).

Furthermore, what really is needed to implement into the Night City interaction, is progressive non-scripted events that take place regardless of whether you proc them or not. AKA world-based random events. This could for example be a local gang deciding to try a heist on a random passing Arasaka armored vehicle. Or maybe a group of people start gathering in the night to host a spontaneous street rave in an alley. Or maybe some locals begin a protest if large quantities of police are in an area that recently is not well aligned with the cops. Maybe a street brawl breaks out in front of a nightclub or at a bar.
The deal here is that these events are based on programmed AI mentality and a chance-of-proccing at any moment in time. Effectively, one could code it so that a given area has 1% of proccing a progressively generated event every 10 seconds (within a certain distance of fx 100 meters of the player character).
One could even make it so that players could actively try to encourage certain events - such as trying to rally bystanders into a protest mob, or encourage a local gang to perform a heist on the next passing Arasaka transport, or start raving in the street with music and passing npcs might join you if they feel like it etc, all based on percentage of proccing the progressive event generation - and this percentage can go up with your street credit level in that area too.
This is how you create natural interactivity. You give players the ability to decide if they want the world to take part in your gameplay, and vice versa.

6. The wanted system should be tied to your street credibility in the sense that the police sector has its own affiliation system that determines your standing with them regardless of whether youre actively committing a crime at a given moment or not.
If you have good affiliation with the police, they may overlook certain acts of violence or only dispatch low level enforcers to try and deal with you non-violently - and comparably if you are in bad standings they may send a highly skilled task force to deal with you over even the smallest offense, and actively react to you if they spot you roaming on the street. In such cases, if you're in a good standing with a local gang, they might come to your aid if police should try to engage on you in their territory.
If you ever perform an offense from a hard-to-reach position relative to street level, then the police should either try to deal with you by sending drones, or by drop-shipping police from a carrier vehicle flying in to your location (like how the Trauma team enters the apartment in that one story mission).

7. You as a player should have access to Trauma Team health insurance if you have the wealth to support it. How it would effectively work, is similar to how you can call in a vehicle: You call them to your general location, to which they arrive within lets say 30 seconds, and they will assist you (and anyone who is on good standings with you) by offering temporary medical and military aid, while also giving you the option to extract from the area and return to your safe house. The membership would be a one-time cost, like buying a house or vehicle, and then there would be a small fee each time you use their service (and a time limit to how often you can use it, fx once every 20 minutes).

MAP VERTICALITY:
8. Implementing a monorail metro system would be the best way to add easy verticality to Night City, and allow players to view the city from an elevated perspective while traveling between the large towering buildings. The second option would be a sky-equivalent version of the Delamain taxi service, but you request drone transportation instead. These would be point-to-point travel systems that would effectively substitute the current quick-travel network - and be a high speed alternative to the monorail metro.
For the most influential players who have reached the peak of importance in Night City, you could acquire a personal drone that you can point-and-travel to any position on the map (so not fully self-driven, but can be used from any position without having to seek out a quick-travel destination). This drone would take you all the way above the city itself as you travel at great speed across the map to any destination of your choosing.
A drone like this is something the player would acquire not just by financial means, but also by credibility and associates. For example, someone playing a corpo-oriented lifestyle would gain easier access to such a vehicle by socializing with high-standing corpos who might offer the vehicle as a part of a new job hiring bonus. A street-oriented lifestyle could on the other hand mean that getting in touch with a high standing gang boss could bring you the opportunity to steal a drone vehicle for yourself during a major gig for his gang, etc. This aspect of acquiring items from social credits and networks should also be carried over to other purchasable goods like apartments, weapons and gear, etc.

To further incentivize vertical exploration, it would be great to implement various non-ground floor points of interest. Such points of interest could be rooftop bars, lounges, mid-floor offices, landing pads for drone vehicles, etc. Rooftops in general should be points of interest just as much as ground floors.

Some of these elements are long-term potentials, while others are must-do's. The main must-do's are the ones related to combat gameplay/item+character leveling, and AI/city interaction. The lack of interactiveness is one of the game's biggest downfalls as it stands now, and the entire leveling system causes unwanted grind with no long-term payoff.

Feel free to add further suggestions or discuss the points I raise.

I finally finished the game after the collector edition arrived on release day. I started many times before but bugs and crashes took me out of the games, guess what it is playable. In short it's a fine game, works mostly without too much hitches but the game is in no way or form memorable and the gameplay is mediocre.
I started as a Corpo but I don't think I'll ever go back to it to check out the other classes. It just didn't click much with me. I can see the potential that was there and if everything that was promised was actually realized I'd maybe feel different but it is what it is. The game didn't win back my trust in the company but I am interested in The Witcher 4 (no dlc for Cyberpunk 2077 for me) but it has to be released and the general public should love it as I don't trust the reviewers either (maybe one or two).

Last edited:
I'm fairly late to the party, but also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the developers at CD Projekt Red that worked the countless, tireless hours to get this game created.

I sense a lot of underserved hate and criticism against this game, which is unfortunate because it's such a well-crafted experience. I suppose there were some technical issues early on, but since those have been patched, I think the game rocks.

I purposely held-off on playing this game until the recent next-gen patches, but it's been a wild ride so far and I've enjoyed every minute of it. My thoughts and impressions of the game:

Theme and Design
  • They nailed the Cyberpunk theme, 110%!! I've been a fan of Cyberpunk since the original Talsorian pen and paper RPG (some 30+ years ago), so this is a genre I've been tracking for some years now. You name it, I've been a fan - everything from 80s sci-fi, manga, movies (Robocop, Bladerunner, Shadowrun, etc.).
  • Immersive and fully-realized world. Not only did they nail the theme, they added to it. The game is a hoot to hangout in and has a fully developed world to explore. There's a lot of detail here and a lot of effort went into its design. This game is pure escapism for me and I can see myself playing and coming back to romp around in for some time.
  • It's intelligent and well-written. Cyberpunk is a genre in itself, and they captured a lot of the right elements. Satire, capitalism, rampant crime, high-technology and a good bit of anarchy to keep it fueled and burning.
  • Great art and design work. The vehicles, the motorcycles (you even managed to pull in ARCH!!!), even the buildings and architecture are fully realized! Again, not only did they nail the cyberpunk experience, they've added to it.
  • Don't sleep on the soundtrack and music! It all sunk in when I was chillin in my Japantown apartment and threw on some vinyl and played Black Dog by Samurai. Sheesh! What a thrill, what a pill. If those little moments don't bring you into the world, I don't know what will.
Gameplay
  • The 1st person view took some getting used-to, but it works for the shooting and combat aspects. Having also been a fan of the Witcher 3, I was nearly expecting a 3rd person view. But, it is done well and the combat is fair, crisp, and balanced.
  • I would've preferred an option to switch between 1st person and 3rd person modes, because the world is so immersive. I felt like exploring the world during non-combat would've been better served in a 3rd person view.
  • Shooting & looting is crisp and tight. I only recently started using melee and swords in combat, which has been great so far (don't get Ninja'd, fool). But again, I'm curious what a 3rd person view would've been like here.
  • The leveling system, point system, and perks system is well thought out. Heck, some kudos should be given for the clean UI and small details like the quicksave function (on the PS5 at least). Great overall design and easy to navigate and operate.
  • Cars, motorcycles, and mission design: all well thought-out and designed. For giggles, I would've like to seen a few racing-based missions. The vehicles are great, but I felt maybe underutilized. The Basilisk was great. Let me do some courier or race missions on the bike though!
I really can't think of any negatives. Maybe an expanded online version of the game would've been cool, like GTA Online. More lootin' and shootin' realy.

This was more of a thank you note - so to the developers, THANK YOU crafting this jewel and keep rocking it.

My thoughts after playing on release and not having played any of the major patches since (waiting for the expansion):

Pros:
1. Characters you interact are interesting and engaging. The romance option I went with was well designed as well.
2. Shooting and gameplay is fun when compared to other RPGs.
3. The world itself is beautiful, immersive and interesting.
4. Overarching story is something that compels you to continue to move forward.

Meh:
1. Lifepaths add a little something to the game, but not much. This system was half-baked, at best.
2. While the story was good it felt rushed and like it was purposefully shortened.
3. Choice and consequence in the game didn't feel nearly as impactful as The Wticher 3.
4. There is too little of many great characters (Evelyn Parker comes to mind). Ties into item 2.

Cons:
1. Social pandering at certain parts of the game wasn't much appreciated.
2. Providing one romance option per sexual preference felt, like 1, to just be pandering. Also tying to 3 under 'Meh', it further limited character choice and freedom.
3. The game did have a lot of bugs when I played through and it caused some issues.
4. V was not a very interesting main character in comparison to Geralt.

Overall:
8.5/10 - With a chance to improve post expansion. Cyberpunk did a lot of things well and a lot of things I didn't like. I think it released far too early and the game suffered because of it. I am excited to play post-expansion and patches to see what the game has become. I believe that CDPRs ambition was their undoing when it came to making this game as great as their previous title. They wanted to include so many different things that they ended up spreading themselves too thin. Lifepaths are a great example - this could have had such a massive impact on the game, your character, etc. but they ended up feeling half-done and forced into the game... I'd have rather had less features with a heavier focus on them to make them meaningful or just to not have them to begin with and for the studio to have put more focus on the other features to make them more robust.

Overall I still consider it to be an very enjoyable experience. I have a hundred hours into the game, I imagine there will be hundreds more in the future.

Last edited:

Guest 4654697

Well, after 35h played I finished the game and it has not left me unsatisfied.

What do I think? Personally I didn't find the story as fantastic as the one in The Witcher 3, but it had its point and I liked it? You get fond of some characters and that feeling of immersion in the world I have not seen in any other game, I played the 3 endings of the game and I was thrilled.

Visual aspect
Incredible, I have not been able to enjoy the experience with Ray Tracing because I do not have an RTX graphics card but I could play it with all the graphics settings in Ultra with a GTX 1080Ti (it is incredible how this GPU can still move games with almost no problems) and the visual experience has been incredible, very photorealistic. I have to add that the design of the characters faces is incredible, many characters look very realistic, Judy Alvarez when looking at her closely looked like a real person at times, I thought it was impossible to make realistic faces in video games but this game has given a breakthrough in this. The game ran at about 20 - 110 FPS, it varied depending on the area, in the central areas of the city it was impossible to play, the FPS dropped to 20 and that lag with the motion blur was horrible, I had to put everything to the minimum at those times to do anything.

Gameplay
The gameplay has been comfortable, I can't complain. It would have been nice if the maneuverability of the vehicles was more comfortable, it took me a lot to adapt at the beginning. I played the game on Easy and I found it a bit complicated at times, I'm pretty bad at shooting games and I think it would be nice to have an aiming assistance similar to the one in Control, where the bullets are automatically redirected towards the enemies or the game helps you aim by directing your sights towards the enemies.

Sound and music
I do not have a professional sound system so I can not evaluate with certainty the sound of the game, but I noticed it well. The music is very good, especially the music at the end of the game and the credits, I was excited to hear it.

Bugs
I hardly found any bugs, in fact I think I remember finding only 2. One where an NPC went through a wall a bit, and another where my car got stuck with a fence that was under the wheels and started levitating a bit making a lot of banging noise. I have seen several videos of how this game was when it came out and I have to say that CD Projekt Red has done a very good job fixing this game. Honestly, I don't know how that could happen in the release of the game, didn't they test the game enough, but well that's in the past, the important thing is that this game can finally be enjoyed without bugs.

What I did not like
What I didn't like about the game is that it has been quite short, taking into account the development time it had, the dimensions of the map.... I think the game could last much longer than 35h. About 50h or about 75h like TW3. I've been left wanting more honestly. I don't like that after finishing the epilogue the game returns you to the previous point of the last mission to go talk to Hanako.... Ideally, in the lore V would have returned to Night City to finish solving his business after a long time, appearing at the border as someone totally different, camouflaged, so that Arasoka wouldn't recognize him. I don't know, honestly it could have been done much better what happens after the epilogue since then you get into an endless loop where you can play the end of the game, that's how I played the 3 endings. And to me that makes no sense, if you wanted to play the different endings of the game you would have to start 3 new games and make different decisions in each of them... just like it happens in TW3 What would be the point of constantly fighting the Wild Hunt and then see how Ciri defeats the White Cold and get the different endings of the game? None, that's why I think this game could be improved in the ending once the main story is over.

Suggestions for the future of the game
It would be great if in the future DLCs were added with a story expansion. That it would be a story depending on the ending you have chosen at the end of the main story, for example:
  • If you decide to go with Panam that the DLC would be a story about the Aldecaldo's in Arizona and find a way to eliminate the problem with the Relic.
  • If you decide to go with Arasoka to the space station let it be a DLC about going back to earth and enter a plot to find help about the problem with the Relic in Night City.

And well that's all I can say so far, I give the game a 7.5/10, it wasn't bad.

Graphics - 10/10
Sound design - 10/10
Immersion - somewhere between 1/10 and 9/10, depending on if the bugs have mercy on you
Gameplay loop - 8/10
Mod support - 11/10
Replayability - no comment yet, waiting on expansions
Story - 7/10, would be a 9/10 if CDPR didn't cut out dozens of hours of content out of the game, but alas
Story ending - 1/10, no comment, actually I have many comments but I'll refrain

If I had to sum up Cyberpunk 2077 in one word it would be "wasted potential", ok thats technically two words but you get my meaning. Had the game been delayed another year or two until it was in patch 1.5 condition on launch, it could of been a game launch for the ages, second only to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I got the game on 50% sale, don't regret buying it.

Guest 2077512

This game could have been great but...
Is this the same studio that made Witcher series??? No, I don't think so...
Only excellent thing is voice acting, all other parts are unfinished (mildly put) and often without meaning regarding the game.
And, I must say this, who [...] decide to ditch third person??? I am really pissed with this... you have wardrobe, makeup, tech parts... which I can only see in equipment window???
How do you expect me to enjoy my character and game play if I can't see my character as I enjoyed in Witchcer series?????????
How (I can't express enough myself) you could make and release such unfinished game -[...]
No, those are completely different peoples... this is not game, this is disgrace for CDPR... I am really disappointed with CP77... You ruined something that could be a great game...
Shame on you CDPR.

P.S.
Did you forget your beginnings and hunger to make something good, something that no one has made?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mack: Male character: PS5: All endings explored (yes, I've been a girl V :)
First off where the hell are my sunglasses after 1.6 cant see them on my face!
If the reader loves cyberpunk 2077 good for you I'm not here to argue about your v verses mine opinion of game I'd rather you have fun with it.

1. Horribly and flat scripted lots of dead ends and no follow through on the stories

2. You NEVER dictate what romantic relationship in game we should have. It's a massive turnoff. IE: Judy could have just been easily BI with male V female V interactions. [. . .] I know CDPR doesn't want to change it but look to that as part of the failing.

2. Allow us to reset our side gigs and CDPR contract jobs. To memory this is the only game that doesn't allow that

3. Night city and we don't have a basic torch or even better thermal / night vision in out fantastic implants? We have the scanner in BD arena right? I mean cmon guys it's NIGHT city we need to see in the dark

4. A pet peeve of mine (the reader and players if your happy with it then good for you). You NEVER give us a dead ending. You know where we die no matter what. Even with the panam ending we're still fucked 6 or so months later. I get it CDPR was probably hoping for a DLC ending where we get cured but that's not happened yet. Simply put CDPR removed all hope of surviving which doesn't really wnat me to play the game again. (Though noted i have)
Giving us a relic malfunctioning we're doomed to die vibe is a real butt killer, typically the games that give you a death ending I play once and never touch again.

5. Why are we buying 3 apartments and all the other stuff if we're going to carc it in a month or so? Speaking of such why isn't my Panam or your Judy coming to stay over in any 3 of my places so we can,, you know? Sorry just my imagination going off.
The simple resolution would have been to make Johnny non fatal certainly a ghost in your head but not going anywhere. (Still get keanu whispering in our heads but the story line is about the corp influence of relic (and getting rid of Johhny)

6. A third person view should be implemented if I recall GTA and skyrim have a 1st P and 3rd P toggle. CDPR could easily implement that. Just curious why do we have transmog in a first person game?

7. As know, police need overhaul. I cant tell you the amount of times I've gotten wanted by getting into a shootout with gangs. Police need to recognize I'm a contractor and stop trying to KILL ME!

Game has bags of potential but is seriously lacking in the basics.
At this point Cyberpunk is a fail though simple adjustments in scripting and romancing/ bug fixes would make it more palatable.
More to come later
have a great day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, when I bought this game, it was a mess and I feel it goes without saying most people was disappointed (me being one of them). I contemplated getting a refund, but I decided against it thinking I'll give it time surely them will fix it. They did it with the Witcher right. Well, Ya'll are doing it again and I got to say I was pumped that Ya'll are getting this game in good shape I was excited to see what next new DLC? Well, I'm back at wishing I would have just got a refund because I don't really get to see what's next because I bought it on Xbox one X. The worst part is I have a gaming PC now, but I can't justify buying It again just for the DLC. I got to say this really sucks.

Finished the game for the second time. Still enjoyed it a lot. First playtrough was on v1.22. Second time I started on 1.5 and 1.6 caught me in the middle.

Everything is really good still. Music is great. Downloaded all I could.

Still glitchy. Small glitches appear here and there. Most of them are fun to watch. Experienced only 1 serious stuff: Smasher stuck in a texture on final fight.

Panams animations always get buggy. She do not hide her rifle, and waves her hands in front of Saul's face with a 12,7 rifle. Fun :D

Balance still sucks. Smasher is very easy to beat in the end. And every boss is really easy to deal with if you cleared all of the gigs and maxed your gear. Smasher was killed in 2 mags from an MG. Animal boss was K.O.d with gorilla hands like a baby. Poor Oda was no match for a street gonk.

Maybe try rebalancing the bosses? Or remaking the boss fights.
Gunplay is unsatisfying. You just lvl up and kill everything. And if you see a red Skull - you're dead. End of story. I hated this system in Witcher. And I do hate it in CP2077.

Waiting for the DLC. Gonna buy the game on PS5, and finish it there.
Thanks CDPR for working on the game. I like it a lot.

Better than Witcher 3. Change my mind :D

Into my second playthrough now. Was going to wait for expansions, but was too tempted by the latest patches.

The cinematics in the game are just astronomical. I always feel like I'm seeing people, not puppets. And the city is even more alluring with ray tracing. Definitely still some glitching here and there, but it's a lot less noticeable than the first playthrough.

Top Bottom