Cyberpunk 2077 — Verified on Steam Deck

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Can't get enough of Night City? Wish you could take it with you, wherever you go? Well now you can!

We're pleased to confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 has been Verified for Steam Deck Compatibility.

Steam Deck users are able to enjoy V's adventures to the fullest. If you already have a copy of the game in your Steam Library then it's ready to run on your hardware.

Cyberpunk 2077 is our third game verified on Steam Deck, next to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.

Please note that there is no plan to provide additional Steam Deck optimizations for our legacy titles.

As cool as it is for the game to be verified, I do still have some issues. Some text isn't very readable, and I'm not really sure why. Same thing with The Witcher 3. Not only that, performance tends to tank to single digits at times, and regularly hovers around 15-20FPS, even with all video settings at the minimum

As cool as it is for the game to be verified, I do still have some issues. Some text isn't very readable, and I'm not really sure why. Same thing with The Witcher 3. Not only that, performance tends to tank to single digits at times, and regularly hovers around 15-20FPS, even with all video settings at the minimum

While there's certainly issues with frame consistency, and something is bottlenecking performance as pushing to lower graphical settings compared to the Steam Deck preset does nothing for frame performance on its own. FidelityFX does manage to squeeze that up to 30-60fps depending on environment. With it handling indoor spaces just fine but stuttering majorly outdoors. Should note I'm playing through GoG via community tools and not straight out of my Steam Library so I have no idea how that impacts performance.

1677901910314.png

"Deck Verified" checkmark has next to nothing to do with overall performance. "Performs well on Deck" means as little as "default graphical settings will be adjusted to Deck hardware". It doesn't matter if the lowest possible settings of the game won't give you solid 30fps, as long as the game is doing everything it can to enable you to play.

I own Steam Deck, and I really like the device. I have a special rule when it comes to my Deck: I don't play anything that can't achieve 60fps. My library so far:

-- Alan Wake
-- Alien Isolation
-- Bioshock Remastered
-- Bioshock Infinite
-- Cult of the Lamb
-- Dead Space 2008
-- Deus Ex Human Revolution
-- Dishonored
-- Dirt Rally
-- Disney Afternoon Collection
-- Enslaved Odyssey to the West
-- Half Life 2 plus episodes
-- Halo Master Chief Edition
-- Lego City Undercover
-- Mad Max
-- MGS V Phantom Pain
-- Moonlighter
-- Ni No Kuni Remastered
-- Prey
-- Rain World
-- Raise of the Tomb Raider
-- Sine Mora
-- Styx Master of Shadows
-- Tomb Raider
-- Tunic
-- Space marine Warhammer 40k

Not all of them are actually Steam Deck Verified, but they all run at 60 frames per second. As you can see, the competition is strong. Cyberpunk is not the only Tripple-A game you can play on your Deck. Being Steam Deck Verified means nothing if you can't enjoy the game due to performance issues. I would have to be VERY desperate to play Cyberpunk on my Deck, while having all the abovementioned as an alternative option.

TyRqwe

Forum regular
is it normal?
looks like FOV settins is broken (
I tried changing the settings, but nothing helps. Menu mask is still concave\convex

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

Awesome!
But what about us who bought the game on GOG? When do we get to play it on the Deck? Already bought the Collector's Edition and other merchandise for Cyber Punk, so not that into buying the game again on Steam.

Great..... so GoG client in Steam when?
This is great news, when can we GOG Galaxy on Steam Deck? I own CP 2077 but through GOG not Steam
Awesome!
But what about us who bought the game on GOG? When do we get to play it on the Deck? Already bought the Collector's Edition and other merchandise for Cyber Punk, so not that into buying the game again on Steam.
No need to. Heroic Games Launcher is a better alternative to GOG and Epic on Linux.

I get that there is Heroic and some other alternatives but i want to know what GoG oficially suggests or endorses. GoG killed the Linux client, right? and I want them to take some responsibiity for supporting the platform.

I get that there is Heroic and some other alternatives but i want to know what GoG oficially suggests or endorses. GoG killed the Linux client, right? and I want them to take some responsibiity for supporting the platform.
As much as I believe it would be nice of them to officially support Linux, Heroic handles it like a champ. It has no right being THIS good, to the point that it puts the official EGS launcher to SHAME. It's lightweight, you can download and manage different Wine/Proton (including GE) versions on it, plus it's much more convenient as well. It works flawlessly on my Arch system.

While there's certainly issues with frame consistency, and something is bottlenecking performance as pushing to lower graphical settings compared to the Steam Deck preset does nothing for frame performance on its own. FidelityFX does manage to squeeze that up to 30-60fps depending on environment. With it handling indoor spaces just fine but stuttering majorly outdoors. Should note I'm playing through GoG via community tools and not straight out of my Steam Library so I have no idea how that impacts performance.
I forgot to mention that WAS with FSR

Top Bottom