Cyberpunk 2077 Wish List

+
Old page, but still waiting for some basic city background aesthetics to be added...

Have some of the drivable unused vehicles added to road traffic - Zeya U420 there are at least 4 drivable models never seen on the roads.
Have npc's drive motorcycles on roads outside of scripted scenes.
Have random police patrols drive on roads even when not wanted.
Have boats on rivers, even if only as scenery.
Change vehicle horn sound from foghorn to car horn - Chevillon Thrax? Quite possibly the most annoying sound in the game.
Have Combat Cabs on road - use as passenger instead of fast travel.

- At normal difficulty mode, adjust the base statistics that affect combat prowess (recoil throwback, spread, reloading soeed, attack speed and damage on melee, etc) and skill/stat modifiers in such way that they really affect weaponhandling, that V is actually a bad shot/swing at low values (can’t hit for shit as he has actual trouble with recoil, spread, reloading and landing succesful swings). Then make difficulty settings affect those base values for V (increments below normal, decreements above normal).

- Remove enemy (and other) scaling (HP, armor and damage…) and give every enemy type appropriately set values. So as to create a situation where, in terms of combat, as you change the difficulty, V changes, but the world is always the same in that regard.

- Give hipfire much more base spread and recoil effects and give ironsights a ”focus-timer” that slowly settles the waivering for a moment (before resetting) and scales with the appropriate skills/stats/perks.

- Refurbish the crafting. Less grinding with junk and garbage and more finding appropriate non-generic parts (that might be difficult to obtain).

- Remove the MMO style ”common, rare, legendary, etc” thing and replace it with manufacturers (so no more several different versions of the same weapon that magically do diierent amount of damage, but different weapons altogether).

- Refurbish the perktrees. Much less +damage/armor/resistance/effect-time-for-more-damage, and more things the player can actually appreciate on higher and more immediate level (they are *perks* afterall).

- I can’t believe I’m saying this, but perhaps some minigames for the skillchecks would be in order where the resolution is dependant on both player- and characterskill. I once made a looooooong post about how this could probably be done (here; it’s a bit old, but the idea is still sound in my opinion); the gist was that the player is actively making at least semi-informed choices, but there’s always some RNG involved (of which the player is aware of).

- More interactivity and skillchecks in the city. And preferably more skills too. Social skills are probably a no-no, but utility skills like driving, gambling, human perception, etc.

- Make style matter. Places where you can not enter with what ever mixed bag you’ve chosen to drape yourself in, people who do not communicate with just whiever, but require a showcase of status apparel to open up. (A good place for Wardrobe&Style skill nd perhaps even Personal grooming).

I suppose that’s enough for now.

Last edited:
- At normal difficulty mode, adjust the base statistics that affect combat prowess (recoil throwback, spread, reloading soeed, attack speed and damage on melee, etc) and skill/stat modifiers in such way that they really affect weaponhandling, that V is actually a bad shot/swing at low values (can’t hit for shit as he has actual trouble with recoil, spread, reloading and landing succesful swings). Then make difficulty settings affect those base values for V (increments below normal, decreements above normal).

- Remove enemy (and other) scaling (HP, armor and damage…) and give every enemy type appropriately set values. So as to create a situation where, in terms of combat, as you change the difficulty, V changes, but the world is always the same in that regard.

- Give hipfire much more base spread and recoil effects and give ironsights a ”focus-timer” that slowly settles the waivering for a moment (before resetting) and scales with the appropriate skills/stats/perks.

- Refurbish the crafting. Less grinding with junk and garbage and more finding appropriate non-generic parts (that might be difficult to obtain).

- Remove the MMO style ”common, rare, legendary, etc” thing and replace it with manufacturers (so no more several different versions of the same weapon that magically do diierent amount of damage, but different weapons altogether).

- Refurbish the perktrees. Much less +damage/armor/resistance/effect-time-for-more-damage, and more things the player can actually appreciate on higher and more immediate level (they are *perks* afterall).

- I can’t believe I’m saying this, but perhaps some minigames for the skillchecks would be in order where the resolution is dependant on both player- and characterskill. I once made a looooooong post about how this could probably be done (link comes here if I still find it); the gist was that the player is actively making at least semi-informed choices, but there’s always some RNG involved (of which the player is aware of).

- More interactivity and skillchecks in the city. And preferably more skills too. Social skills are probably a no-no, but utility skills like driving, gambling, human perception, etc.

- Make style matter. Places where you can not enter with what ever mixed bag you’ve chosen to drape yourself in, people who do not communicate with just whiever, but require a showcase of status apparel to open up. (A good place for Wardrobe&Style skill nd perhaps even Personal grooming).

I suppose that’s enough for now.
I like all of this, of course. Although I might gut/zero the perk tree and replace it with skill levels that add perks as you go up them. And make the perks things that clearly matter, yeah, such as dual-wielding or rapid reload (already in) or See Vitals shots, stuff like that.

Have you tried the Full Gameplay Rebalance mod yet? Removed level scaling among many other things. And, you can customize quite a bit of stuff easily. For example, I changed firearms damage to represent what such calibres would do, among other things. Oh and make it so that healing items have a cooldown of an hour. Also limit things like number of grenades..so much stuff there.

I surely would like more social checks. There are a few based on your stats - Reflexes or Cool or Body - but they aren't too common.

1. Random generated gigs. In my case, I just want to roam around NC and do gigs, get loot and generally improve my character in story or even after the main story is done (if that's possible)

2. Revamp of saved games: Was thinking of character slots more like in Borderlands series. Less chances of overwriting other savefiles by mistakes :)

3. Height adjustment in character customization section

4. More height variations of adults random NPCs to make NC a bit more realistic

5. Weapon customization kits. What if I want all my firearms to be pink?

6. Clothes and armor dye system. It just feels better with the right color shceme/theme

Although I might gut/zero the perk tree and replace it with skill levels that add perks as you go up them.
Although I prefer the way of choosing a perk, I don’t think this is necessarily a bad idea given how perks are.

Not yet, but I’ve been meaning to at some point when I fire up the game again. Although, I’ve generally seen mods more as a nuisance that, even if well made, tend to disturb the experience as the changes often don’t quite fit with the core game.

I can already see myself sighing during the bossfights (which I hate) when combat gets more brutal, and with the fus when the next official patch comes and breaks everything. :p

I surely would like more social checks. There are a few based on your stats - Reflexes or Cool or Body - but they aren't too common.
Oh, definitely. I’d even extend the social checks to the random NPCs.

Perhaps there was a persuasion skill and you could try to use it on the streetfolks to get a couple of temporary companions to help in a fight.
Perhaps there was a pickpocketing skill you could use on the for chance of getting some small random loot (probably including a small chance for specialty items that you can’t get elsewhere).
Perhaps you could try to seduce random people and get bitchslapped at failing, because why not.
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps…

I’d include the relevant skills and interactions there.
I could write on and on about this, but… yeah.

I have been saying the same wishes over a year. Let me drink alcohol at bars, animated. Let me walk without zooming my view.

Recently I ran into another annoyance. After someone suggested the city is more immersive if I turn minimap off, I tried that.

Whose big idea was to make street signs WHITE TEXT on YELLOW BACKGROUND? This is me, shaking my head. This is very symptomatic of CP2077. CDPR has a great idea (make all streets have names), and messes it up by a stupidly simple errors (this) that even an intern could fix if they actually cared. Change it, please.
street sign.jpg

Last edited:
My biggest desire in the game is an overhaul of the first section of the game. The much talked about 6 months montage period. I really like how the montage is done but the whole pacing of the game on this first part gets whacked for me.
I know the main focus of the game starts in act 2 but I find this more an excuse than anything else; I think the players are being a little undervalued here if CDPR thinks we would lose the focus of the main story; because if that's so they should limit the time we spend exploring the open world, so we don't lose focus;
But more to the pacing criticism here:
We have the LP prologue; montage; Sandra Dorsett and Watson lockdown; get chipped at Viks and meet Dex to start the Heist preparation.
I believe a game like this needs to consider how they introduce the player to the freedom they will have throughout the game to alternate between main and side missions and world exploration. After the prologue or after a first mission with Jackie would be a great time to take a breather and go explore the city. But they shove us right into an emergent new gig with Dex.
Then to analyze how this pacing option reflects upon the themes on the game; With a street kid V the montage doesn't seem so much out of place, because V knows the city, what's new is the new partnership with Jackie. Nomad is the worst in this. I wanted to do nomad first run to be in tune with my V not knowing night city but the game doesn't let us do that. Nomad V gets to know the city on those 6 months and is already embroiled on all the same missions and their goals. Corpo is also a shame because it's the first time that V "came down to the streets from his 74th floor". Not only would this be the time to absorb the game world but also to create a V, who is only a merc and is finding his way.
Another argument is the lockdown of Watson is necessary because it was the same with TW3's first area (I forget the name) and many other games. I don't think it's the best for cyberpunk. They have vendors all across town, so if they want to introduce the ping hack tutorial for example they could make it available on any shop. Watson is big enough to have a little bit of everything so I don't see why limiting this area is any different from opening the whole city (not all missions of course).
Also we can see that CP promotes replayability, not so much on different choices but the order we approach things. This freedom on the begginig of the game would increase replayability 10 times over, since now we could focus on heywood to start, or all around, or...
Thematically act 2 introduces the relic which means a big change on Vs life. This feeling would benefit if we experience a big change (we had some time to know the city and focus on V); like it is now we hear about V having been a lowtime merc but now a big job approaches that could change everything.
For me this would raise immersion by a tenfold (I know immersion is a controversial word but I believe it must have been the most used on all of CDPR' promo; and I do believe theh meant it as we would feel like V in this story, so maybe not the sim simulator but at least in the narrative and action aspects of the game); this part of the game doesn't give time to be immersive.

Edit: forgot one thing about the lockdown argument as a tutorial. What happens now is that we get a tutorial for a handful of things in Watson and when act 2 comes everything is happenig at once. This could be fixed if some elements could be introduced in act 1 (buying cars, meeting other fixers,...)

Last edited:
I have been saying the same wishes over a year. Let me drink alcohol at bars, animated. Let me walk without zooming my view.

I think a lot of a games have too much focus on inventory. I would trade food items for being able to sit down at a stall and eat any day of the week. Interactivity > menu navigation. Just let me sit down and get a regen buff for an hour or so. This way, before any gig or mission, you kind of have to do some prep work, get all your buffs from different interactive stalls.

And it doesn't even have to be just stalls. Give us some gyms and you can go for a warm-up work-out and get a stamina buff (did this game have stamina, I don't remember).

They can completely drop the inventory, for me. I wouldn't mind having to go back to the apartment to switch guns or clothes. It's more immersive and actually gives us a reason to go back there apart from the handful of times for the story.

I'm looking forward to more soundtracks in the expansion. I saw the main theme is somewhat inspired from Doom music. I wonder if CDPR could get Mick Gordon involved with the future sound

One can say what they want about the game but the music is spot on!

I think for future features it would be nice to have the ability to hack cars even if for distraction.

I would also love to explore more stuff in regards of Militech. Meredith was awesome but a bit too brief.

Morgan Blackhand or the daughter of Militech's CEO can't recall her name.

I missing many features in CP which I know from the PnP.

But most important for me is the Netrunning.
-True diving the Net(s).
-Programm your own Programms with similar complexity as the weapons e.g. not just crafting copies of the same.

Furthermore:
-More Equipment Mods, and their Specs. Crafting and Equip customization is still a little weak.
-Of course: New Areas to explore would be great. But I am fine with it to get new (and returning) challanges in NC as it is.

oh... And How about a "Walkman" a mobile Radio in my Headgear. At least as a Mod or an Whole headgear.

I know the issues in story an complexity in it. But I find it still hoping for this an far more in this World.

Last edited:
Third person.

Gentlemen of CD Projekt Red, they did it in The Witcher 3, obviously they can also incorporate native 1st and 3rd person camera changes, to always see my character.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/3333/images/669/669-1609708389-919683925.png
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/3333/images/669/669-1610146297-1922543706.png
Would love that, but I think that ship sailed long ago, and unfortunately the third person mod has been abandoned, and I think it stopped working. At least on my end it did so I removed it. When I want to see my pretty male V, I just go into photomode or I spawn him via AMM.

You guys covered every single aspect.
My wish is They should pay V like my fello Nomad contact Dakota, That. She pays good unlike wakako & regina.
Dino pays “okay”.

.it's an open secret that 77 didn't have the time to deliver what it promised, that contents have been cut off to hit the deadline
but in my eyes people still under estimated just how much content was axed, so i wish for either dev or modders to restore / fill the axed content

for me the cyberpunk 2077 we got is at least missing 2/3rd of the entire thing, we basically have the ending arc wrapped as the whole story

the first part that's missing is the origin story, we never really got to play as a street kid, corpo, or nomad
what we got was basically the finale of each paths

nomad already left their clan, what bakker? what snake nation?

street kid left NC and came back, what, why, how? he's supposed to be from the same neighborhood as jackster but have little to no connect to the area, lip service at best if any at all

corpo was already at the topish position vice or assistant of some big head, and basically had half a knife stuck at his back on the way out

i consider this as the first half of the missing arc, it is also relatively the shortest
still it is the area to establish who is V, plant seeds such as love interest, friends, enemies, dreams, fears, grudges etc..

the second part is the 1.5years right after the origin, we got a montage, V got a car and a room..... for one and a half years...... ...
doing gigs and ncpd in Watson alone (and all the "lucky" scav/tyger/storm bystander along the way) before the ride is enough to hit level and cred 50

that one and a half year is the time for V to either integrate or re-integrate to the city regarding the origin, the bridge
the time to decide what he'd wanna be, a runner, solo, duo, join a crew, or make his own
that one and a half year is the point of divergence, time for V to live in NC, pursue a dream or resolve a grudge etc

he live in the city for 1.5 year then at some point moved in Watson and yet for some reason it was his first time entering lizzy's... as a merc missing afterlife is understandable cause anon, but the biggest hot spot in your local area that doesn't have a cred requirement...

another thing i mentioned is the profession, solo, runner etc. if you would pay attention V does not really get recognized for his achievements yet does at some off points
like Wakako respecting/fearing V, Regina calling V of the silver tongue, or other titles
for a city with a street cred system and huge emphasis on being a legend, V's exploits fly's under the raidar yet pops up randomly

joining a crew or making his own, for a game that got chopped to hit the deadline there are some character that just have too much assets to just be passing

b@d and dorset are runners that basically owes their lives to V, and got some chance to build some kind of rapport
atop aarons' room there is a mox having a career convo regarding what to choke from, basically screamed that she's a great techy
some muscle from the beat quest, mainly the valantino that's somewhat decent and looks like he could use a stable job
tiny M and his big brother which is a scuffed techy
the surgeon i know that's a meme gig, but hey he is new to the town could use a private doc

V is not acknowledged as solo or runner regardless of how many gigs he runs solo or hack the planet, is cause i think there was a system meant to track and reflect that but more or less got axed along with the bridge

CDPR is at the new dlc looks to me that they are done try'n to reassemble what they chopped, so at most my hope is for modders to fill the gaps

.it's an open secret that 77 didn't have the time to deliver what it promised, that contents have been cut off to hit the deadline
but in my eyes people still under estimated just how much content was axed, so i wish for either dev or modders to restore / fill the axed content

for me the cyberpunk 2077 we got is at least missing 2/3rd of the entire thing, we basically have the ending arc wrapped as the whole story
I know it's only wishes, but you're aware that CDPR won't bring back content that people thought it would be in the game and "cut", when they officially said before release that it wouldn't?

I mean like the lifepaths... CDPR announced that it would only be backstories (which mean what it mean, a past, resolved, finished, ended) and it could more or less influence the story at some point. Being able to play a bit these lifepaths is already more than most of games which offer lifepaths/backstories during the character creation.
the second part is the 1.5years right after the origin, we got a montage, V got a car and a room.....
Just a side note > it's "half a year later" (6 months), not a year and half ;)

Top Bottom