Cyberpunk 2077 with Ray Tracing Powered By NVIDIA GeForce RTX

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

We are partnering with NVIDIA GeForce RTX to bring real-time ray tracing to Cyberpunk 2077!

Thanks to GeForce RTX GPUs, containing specialized processor cores designed to accelerate ray tracing, these visual effects in games can be rendered in real time.

“Ray tracing allows us to realistically portray how light behaves in a crowded urban environment,” says Adam Badowski, head of Studio at CD PROJEKT RED. “Thanks to this technology, we can add another layer of depth and verticality to the already impressive megacity the game takes place in.”

More details can be found here.

New RTX card next year it is.

Yuuuuup!
Probably one of the better options for a city full of crazy lights.

I was really hoping for something like this!

It's only two pictures, but it looks great. Probably the best partnership coming out of E3.
Light is my favorite thing.
When it gets screwed up with bad photoshop or something it is always noticeable. Ray tracing was meant for 2077.

lmao that poster in the middle. I'm not the only one with the dirty mind here, right?

Ah dammit. Couldn’t have done something with AMD’s Radeon instead?

Ray tracing is a gimmick, but I’m probably only saying that because I’m horribly biased.

Guest 2364765

Kinda neat though seeing how 2070 right now is lower borderline of playable performance in games with RTX i'd guess than in CP you won't be able to have game on relatively high settings and RTX enabled.

Also it seems it's only utilized for GI, which granted, is great for day/night cycle games as it solves a lot of caveats in traditional way of dealing with the system, though given majority of materials in the game world are glass/metal it seems weird that reflections weren't considered.

This was my speculation for a while, really glad to see it implemented. Can't wait to see more how it looks and performs.

Nice, but this is still just a teaser.
Without knowing what leverage we get exactly (which RTX card bring what FPS on XYZ resolution), it's useless (just like in BFV...).

We need SLI or DX12 mGPU Support! :eek:

We saw the game running in SLI, so don't let Nvidia break the support in your game! We know that it works, there's no reason to release the game without it.

Well, RTX a feature i can t and won t use any time soon.
Sorry Reds but the GTX980 is not supported by the driver RTX.

(let alone that buying ANY NVidia GPU right now is definitly deadly and sending the wrong signal)
*smirk* towards NVidia

Last edited:
We are partnering with NVIDIA GeForce RTX to bring real-time ray tracing to Cyberpunk 2077!

Thanks to GeForce RTX GPUs, containing specialized processor cores designed to accelerate ray tracing, these visual effects in games can be rendered in real time.

Hi Alicja! A couple of questions. Are you using Vulkan or DX12 for RTX? And will you provide generic ray tracing features for those who don't have RTX cards (which includes AMD users), or any ray tracing will be limited to specialized Nvidia cards?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom