Cyberpunk 2077 with Ray Tracing Powered By NVIDIA GeForce RTX

+
Alicja,

Next gen Xbox is supposedly going to support ray tracing. If I get the Xbox One version and play it on the new console, could I access this feature?

Thanks!

Dammit, I just bought a AMD RX, does that mean now I have to guy a nVidia RTX, dangit! I'll do it though, lol.

Dammit, I just bought a AMD RX, does that mean now I have to guy a nVidia RTX, dangit! I'll do it though, lol.

CDPR can figure out, how to make ray tracing work on AMD as well. RX hardware is really overrated, that's AMD's stance on it. I.e. you can do it using generic GPU features. So I'd wait and see what they say about it, before buying anything :)

CDPR can figure out, how to make ray tracing work on AMD as well. RX hardware is really overrated, that's AMD's stance on it. I.e. you can do it using generic GPU features. So I'd wait and see what they say about it, before buying anything :)
Oh of course, the later I buy it the cheaper it is anyway, so I'm not in a rush. If anything it would be like the days before the game comes out if it turns out that I would need it...

I'm so happy to hear that the game supports RTX, i am hoping for SLI support too. A man can only dream though :) i want to have the best experience in this game no matter what, whether i have to buy 2 freaking 2080ti's or not

I plan on waiting until the March timeframe before I look at upgrading the GPU's. It looks like Nvidia is rolling out an RTX refresh (plus 2 new unlocked chips?) this summer. I want to know what their plans are for the successor, in the past the announcements are right around GTC which will be end of March 2020. Extremely excited to max this out with ray tracing :)

CD Project Red should not do the same mistake like Bioware did with Anthem. They had SLI working all the time but they decided to block it in the release version because they were forced or bought by Nvidia.

Man that was one hell of a shitstorm. I don't want such a shitstorm for Cyberpunk 2077.
Don't destory an awesome game by breaking SLI support. ;) A lot of people will get really mad and talk shit to get even more people mad.
We saw it working just fine. You can't hide that anymore.

If Nvidia offers you money to break SLI support just say no. You will get enough money from all the gamers. Trust me.

Wish I had the money to experience the tech, not really worth downgrading base stats for RTX detailing IMO when I have all I can really afford atm anyways. Looks pretty I would like to see it myself which is unfortunate.

Currently running a GTX 970 and it works GREAT for every game I play.

Yes I probably can't run CP2077 at 4K with ray tracing, but I'm far, Far, FAR more concerned with gameplay (story and mechanics) then I am with graphics. So many games these days seem to stress graphics at the expense of gameplay ... when did game players become so superficial?

Last edited:
Currently running a GTX 970 and it works GREAT for every game I play.

Yes I probably can't run CP2077 at 4K with ray tracing, but I'm far, Far, FAR more concerned with gameplay (story and mechanics) then I am with graphics. So many games these days seem to stress graphics at the expense of gameplay ... when did game players become so superficial?
I know, If I can run it on a 486 and it's got MAD SICK gameplay I'm happy!
Aww... Man Wish I had energy I feel so drained all the time must be because I'm 36, feels like i'm 99!

Agreed. (Loaded up Kohan 1 over the weekend again. :giggle:)

Still, I can't fault all of the graphical improvements. When it's balanced properly against the gameplay, it just makes everything better. I suppose we wouldn't have come as far as we have if at least some titles didn't take it to the extreme. Consider such games as "sacrifices for the greater good".

1570711987261.png

Is it reasonable to think that a 2080 ti (paired with a ryzen 2600x) will be able to run this game at 1440P with ultra graphics and max ray tracing with at least 120fps?

Is it reasonable to think that a 2080 ti (paired with a ryzen 2600x) will be able to run this game at 1440P with ultra graphics and max ray tracing with at least 120fps?

Whoops...misread...

I doubt that any, presently available GPU / CPU combo is gonig to get anywhere near 120 FPS with the game, let alone in 1440p / 2K / 4K. Best thing to aim for now is 60-80 FPS at 1440p, Ultra settings.

For myself, I'm aiming for 60 FPS at a mix of Med-Ultra settings on my GTX 980 ti. Still haven't met a game that I can't run on mostly Ultra. Only need to drop a couple of settings here and there.

Whoops...misread...

I doubt that any, presently available GPU / CPU combo is gonig to get anywhere near 120 FPS with the game, let alone in 1440p / 2K / 4K. Best thing to aim for now is 60-80 FPS at 1440p, Ultra settings.

For myself, I'm aiming for 60 FPS at a mix of Med-Ultra settings on my GTX 980 ti. Still haven't met a game that I can't run on mostly Ultra. Only need to drop a couple of settings here and there.
Well I hope Nvidia comes out with a 3080 ti next year before Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom