Cyberpunk 2077 won't start on my Xbox One S

+
The game won't start on my Xbox One S. I got the psyhical copy of the game. Reinstall, redownloading updates and console reset didn't work. Here's my video showing the problem.

Sounds very strange. I'm not sure what exactly could cause this. Are you using an external hard drive, how much free space do you have on your hard drive? Is the disc clean (hard to say what else could mess with the game on console...)?

CDPR support can be reached here:
(click on "contact us" to send a ticket)

I use 1tb HDD which was originally placed in my xbox and I have 300gb free space. Of course, the disc is clean. Xbox support told me that the only thing I can do is sending the console to their service. I have no idea what is going on but I have 5 games (also physical copies) and Cyberpunk is the only one I can't launch...

Last edited:
Do you know anyone else with the same Xbox? Maybe you could test it there...

Tbh, if CP2077 is the only game that doesn’t work I would not risk sending your console to support.

If there are any Xbox features (hdr or whatever) that can affect the performance of the game maybe try to disable it to see if it has an impact...

I've reinstalled it 3 times so far and every time I go to open it it immediately pops up an error message saying "give it another try and if it doesn't work to enter an error code at xbox.com"

Try deleting your local save data and pulling down a copy from the cloud. That has resolved this issue for other users on this forum. Best of luck!

Okay so I just got off the phone with the Microsoft support, guy was awesome very helpful, but he told me to reset the console. In the system tab of the settings menu go to console info, go to reset console, and select "reset and keep my games & apps" fixed the problem for me. Hope it helps

I also have a xbox one s, and initially thought that by getting CyberPunk 2077 on this console it would look good.....not the case! There are many problems I have and frankly am unhappy with. I tried to return it to Walmart and they would not take it back due to the states copyright laws! Now what am I gonna do with a broken game.
1. The graphics are like playing a xbox 360, mind you my tv is ultra HDR and get HDR 10.
2. They lied and I get they are trying to fix it.....but how can you fix something that is already broke. I ran this game with the new hotfix and it just made the graphics worse, went as far as uninstalling the game from how upset I was.
3. It starts on the back that I am supposed to be getting ultra HD, and HDR 10 video. I have a 4K TV and should be seeing it!
Please if anyone knows how to fix this I'll give it a try. But I will not trust another title from this game company again, fix it and give the older generation consoles to be able to play this without bugs and crashes, please fix the crappy graphics too! I'm sure I am not the only one who is unhappy and pissed about what is going on and being seen...

Top Bottom