Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to be able to choose different classes. I want to be able to have a variety of different weapons that i can choose from, including guns, knifes, swords ect. I dont want it to be a straight shooter, i want it to be a true RPG. I want to be able to use Magic as well. I'b love to be able to fully customize my character. That's one of the things that i love about playing RPG's, customization. Being able to customize my weapons as well. I like the idea of being able to have my own save house where i can store all my items. A crafting system would be awsome if it is possible for you guys to include that in the game.

Im really looking forward to hear more about cyberpunk 2077. I like the futuristic style of the game. The game looks bad ass from what I've seen. cyberpunk has always been my favorite genre, that's why i cant wait to see more about this game. Good luck!

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

Daddy300 i like your ideas. specially the 3rd person perspective And the cover system. I like to play my games in 3rd person, specifically if it is a RPG.

Well, One thing everyone here knows won't be in Cyberpunk 2077 is magic. This isn't Shadowrun, it's Cyberpunk. There is no "magic" in Cyberpunk.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -- Arthur C. Clarke

While I kind of stand by that statement, one of the things that I like of cyberpunk (as a genre) technology and overall view of the future over things like space opera, is the more... sociologically realistic aspect to it, to the place it holds in society. Too often planetary and galactic civilizations in sci-fi are thought of in rather... medieval or at least classical ways. They're usually very spiritual and/or warlike and/or tribalistic and their technology is usually so indistinguishable from magic that it is usually presented in the form of jewels, gemstones, swords, scepters... wielded by characters that dress mostly all alike either in robes or in "space-age" astronaut-chic fashion.
Cyberpunk is also the setting where "the streets find its own uses for things". In cyberpunk we have counterculture affecting technology, society isn't as monolithic, technology has a more daily life element to it.

Dream world for CP 2077:
[...]
6. The PC should not be able to become any sort of savior. The entire point of this world environment is that the institutions make that impossible. Make it about changing the lives of the characters around you, not about changing the world (although I think trying to change the world is important).

^ This!!! That's actually something that's bothering me in many games or stories in general. The save-the-world plot is way overdone and sometimes it's even ridiculous how many stories begin interesting and then shift to an over-epic plot.

I think it's way easier to get invested in a more personal story - about characters rather than ideologies. Imho that's one of the reasons why many people (me included) care more about the companions in BioWare games and view the story as secondary.

Having some impact on a wider conflict is no problem. But becoming the super hero changing everything at his whim is really not that interesting imo.

Again VtM Bloodlines is a great example as in the end you tip the odds in favor of one of the (local) parties. And since by that time you knew everyone involved it had much more meaning.

^ This!!! That's actually something that's bothering me in many games or stories in general. The save-the-world plot is way overdone and sometimes it's even ridiculous how many stories begin interesting and then shift to an over-epic plot.

I think it's way easier to get invested in a more personal story - about characters rather than ideologies. Imho that's one of the reasons why many people (me included) care more about the companions in BioWare games and view the story as secondary.

Having some impact on a wider conflict is no problem. But becoming the super hero changing everything at his whim is really not that interesting imo.

Again VtM Bloodlines is a great example as in the end you tip the odds in favor of one of the (local) parties. And since by that time you knew everyone involved it had much more meaning.

its good that CD has already stated that it will be a low-level Story

Can't quite make out the text on the board after the first words. Can you link to where that's from?

text says:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Key Points
- RPG, NON-LINEAR GAMEPLAY
- TACTICAL MODE
- TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS
- STREETS OF NIGHT CITY
- INTERACTIVE NON-LINEAR SCENES
- LOW-LEVEL, QUEST BASED STORY
- HI-TECH AND CYBERWEAR
- BRAINDANCE

Source: Youtube

1.A good tutorial (not like Witcher 2 ugh)
2.A good introduction to your character and a feeling that he/she is a part of the world
3.Detailed character creation system
4.Fun and engaging combat
5.Skill based RPG system
6.Open world environment
7.Dynamic NPC's
8.Non-linear and multiple options type quests
9. Multiple classes to play and multiple clans to be a part of
10.1st and 3rd person perspectives and change of combat depending on your perspective of view

1) A living world.
2) Deep story
3) countless NPCs
4) Choices
5) Side quests should have something important, they shouldn't be meaningless
6) We living in 2015, graphics have to be very nice looking.

Last edited:
Even standard fare graphics look good enough for any game in this day and age.

It's true Super Snazzy Graphics are not part of -my- Dream RPG, nor yours.

But it is important to some, (lots!) people, and I'm cool with that. It's a Dream RPG thread, after all.

Anyway, back on topic, playing DEX, I have to say a big part of my Dream RPG is hidden rewards. You know, for exploration that takes chances, dialogue choices that aren't obvious solutions.

Hidden Rewards - for the Path Less Travelled.

For my part the graphics are about the least of my concerns. CDPR has constantly done an excellent job with this aspect of their games.

As we can already see by reading the reviews of the witcher 3 wild hunt is that CDPR do what many other companys dont: Listening to the community and create the game with the fan base !

And thats the reason Cyberpunk 2077 will be another stunning and really good looking RPG in this decade.

For me its important to have a living world with people, events and action in every corner.
Some dark parts where people never would take a single step inside because they are too afraid.

And this is my greatest whish: Until now I have never seen an RPG with a "FEAR" system for the AI. What do I mean with that? Lets take a look to Shadow of Mordor:
If you fight like 10 orcs and kill one by one until 2 or 3 are left they are scared as hell because you as player seem to be a god and unkillable. Why do I want that for an RPG? Because I wanna feel the fear of my enemies by shooting, slaying, destroying them or whatever I can do in this game to let them run for their lives.

For me its a really important thing because I guess in reallife people would act like that too even if the event isnt that bloodthirsty.

Another point for me is a big amount of weapon types I can choose for different playstyles. Like in the teaser I would love to slay my enemies with some tricky cyberpunk blades but also if I get caught cuz i failed in stealth mode (if this will be an option) pick up an extraterrestrial gun to survive.

Asking for a deep story wont be necessary since the witcher 3 will have a stunning story too :)

For me its important to have a living world with people, events and action in every corner.

And this is my greatest wish: Until now I have never seen an RPG with a "FEAR" system for the AI.

... pick up an extraterrestrial gun to survive.

Yeah, the amount of NPC activity will be very important in CP2077, but given what they had in W2 and the way W3 looks from what we've seen so far I don't think this will be a problem. However I wouldn't expect to be able to attack every NPC in the game (a la Elder Scrolls).

I'd say a "fear" system for the AI really depends on the game. If you're fighting orcish hordes in Mordor then yes I can see the need. But I seriously doubt we'll fight hordes of anything in CP2077, the combat system is to lethal and realistic to permit this sort of video game BS.

Sorry, no extraterrestrial weapons, in fact no aliens, try X Com.

I'd say a "fear" system for the AI really depends on the game. If you're fighting orcish hordes in Mordor then yes I can see the need. But I seriously doubt we'll fight hordes of anything in CP2077, the combat system is to lethal and realistic to permit this sort of video game BS.

Maybe they could implement this fear system for cyberpsychos, and these cyberpsychos might be NPCs or the players. Or just have fear for anything that can mean life or death situations. Cyberpunk combat is pretty lethal, right? So maybe we won't have every thug running head first to be killed. I'd like to see some very messy combat like in Oldboy... imagine something like this when playing a "razorgirl" type of character. I'd really like to have really low end weapons (switchblades, combat knifes, claws, sticks, improvised ones...) have a place in CP2077 and not be completely useless, at least not in some kinds of scenarios.

Maybe they could implement this fear system for cyberpsychos, and these cyberpsychos might be NPCs or the players. Or just have fear for anything that can mean life or death situations. Cyberpunk combat is pretty lethal, right? So maybe we won't have every thug running head first to be killed. I'd like to see some very messy combat like in Oldboy... imagine something like this when playing a "razorgirl" type of character. I'd really like to have really low end weapons (switchblades, combat knifes, claws, sticks, improvised ones...) have a place in CP2077 and not be completely useless, at least not in some kinds of scenarios.

I'm not saying a "fear" system wouldn't be useful, even for one-on-one fights (assuming it's done well). And I can certainly see it as a possible option for a cyberpsycho ... of course they're just a likely to think they're Napoleon.

And I'd LOVE to see "street weapons" useful in CP2077.
One thing that's always bothered about CP2020 is that small caliber firearms and run-of-the-mill gang shivs, baseball bats, hammers, etc. are essentially totally useless. Sure IF your opponent is unarmored AND you have surprise AND you crit they can be just as lethal as anything else. But just how often is that gonna happen?

Last edited:
Yeah, the amount of NPC activity will be very important in CP2077, but given what they had in W2 and the way W3 looks from what we've seen so far I don't think this will be a problem. However I wouldn't expect to be able to attack every NPC in the game (a la Elder Scrolls).

Sorry, no extraterrestrial weapons, in fact no aliens, try X Com.

With extraterrestrial I dont mean alien guns. just wanted to describe that cyber weapons we will face in the game.
I will love this futuristic game and I really dont mind which enemies we will face because im open minded :)

And yeah with that point you are right. If we face machines or cyborgs/androids as enemies there wont be a fear system.
But if there are also real people like a privat army from a crazy company it would be nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom