Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the voice acting front. In fact, I'd go one step further. How about different regional accents being available? Thus, someone from Alabama would sound much different compared to someone from California or New York. Also, someone from Tokyo would sound compared to someone from Osaka; a Russian would sound different compared to an Aussie, etc. All while speaking the same language.

I agree on the voice acting front. In fact, I'd go one step further. How about different regional accents being available? Thus, someone from Alabama would sound much different compared to someone from California or New York. Also, someone from Tokyo would sound compared to someone from Osaka; a Russian would sound different compared to an Aussie, etc. All while speaking the same language.

Nice thought, but it might be a tad expensive to hire 2-300 voice actors with different regional accents.

Didn't Saints Row 2 offer that kind of stuff? As far as I remember there were multiple available voices for male and female characters. And you could even chose the walking and running animations of your character. That was really a whole lot of fun!

I don't know. I've never played any of the Saints' Row games.

They're quite good actually when it comes to mindless open world fun. It's really GTA in silly and even more over the top. I really liked the intros of SR3 and SR4 - they are very original and worth checking out. I'm sure they can be found on youtube if you want to get an impression ;)

Edit: I'm not saying that Cyberpunk 2077 should be anything like Saints Row, though. SR's character customization is awesome - the game itself however is pure GTA with more chaos - but 0% rpg. I'd prefer a game like Vampire Bloodlines any time of the day ;)

Last edited:
Didn't Saints Row 2 offer that kind of stuff? As far as I remember there were multiple available voices for male and female characters. And you could even chose the walking and running animations of your character. That was really a whole lot of fun!

Two voices for each male and female plus a "pitch" slider.
Worked rather well.

Two voices for each male and female plus a "pitch" slider.
Worked rather well.

Well actually for SR2 and The Third there were 3 voices for male and 3 for female. The Third also included the Zombie voice and IV included Nolan North and the pitch slider for the first time ever.
But you have to take into account that you didn't have any choice on the lines your character would say, it was just about getting a general voice and attitude that you liked and being surprised by the little differences in their scripts.

I want to be Deckard in Blade Runner, make it RPG, make me hunt down rouge AI's and bad humans. It's good vs evil but AI vs human.

Add a bit of ghost in the shell and their military complex.

Add some matrix elements and maybe a shodan style evil AI trying to take over the world. But who is more rightous? The AI or us? What is evil? Is the plotting AI truly evil? Do we humans truly deserve the world?

Perhaps over the course of the game you start to see if from the AI's point of view and not the humans. Maybe you decide that the AI's deserve to be the ruling race.

There - not a bad universe to play in.

2 characters playable, in a deep political/social situation.

And I hope the devs would take inspiration from the whole cyberpunk universe (matrix, akira, gits, blade runner, total recall... etc) and not only the table game.

And I hope the devs would take inspiration from the whole cyberpunk universe (matrix, akira, gits, blade runner, total recall... etc) and not only the table game.

I'm sure they are, but the game will be based on CP2020 plus whatever Maximum Mike has come up with since it was published.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of the character/game systems from "Fuzion" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzion incorporated into it since one could argue that "Fizion" (published in 1998 ) is an updated version of CP2020 (published in 1990).

cyberpunk games,besides the arts,i think it needs an complicated layers in game world(buildings and background).
witcher3 did a great job with big city like novigrad. But it is way more difficult to build a convincible cyberpunk world and that ’s what i hope for!

But it is way more difficult to build a convincible cyberpunk world and that ’s what i hope for!

Why more difficult?
For art go to Tokyo or Hong Kong, lots of old mixed with new and covered in neon. Just change most of the buildings to Western styles.
For NPCs, take a visit to any urban homeless shelter, then an upscale law firm. There's your general appearance, just substitute 2077 clothing and remember the yuppies can afford bio-sculpting so they'll all be attractive.
Day-to-day street life? Spend a couple days sitting on a bench in your local cities downtown taking notes on the stuff you see happening.

One thing that I always wished in an RPG is to actually be able to talk to random NPC's and not have them just spit out one liners. Even the witcher 3 has this, just go to someone who is not an important NPC and all they spit out is one liners. I do not know how you would do this, maybe a conversation generator that can create conversations based on the NPC (if it has kids, relationships,its occupation, background, interests, ..etc).

The other thing I REALLY want is a deep conversation tree, and to have an actual INTELLIGENT conversation with someone. I blame voice acting for this. I want to be able to talk to characters and if I have a high level inteligence I want to wow them with my knowlege. Take fallout one, if you had a high inteligent you could explain to the farmer the benefits of crop rotation. Also, you can talk back and forth in a onversation and creat branching dialog paths. In the witcher 3 and most modern games with RPG elements. Your character is an idiot that talk one liner twitter feed dialog length. It is annoying. In cyberpunk I want to play a netrunner who geeks out about topics interested to him or is knowledgeable about.

I think the one true feature that would kick as is smart AI, and I mean smart. Simply because on my entire life (I'm 22) I've never seen any video game with that.
The main standards today are "the IA is bad but better than [video game title]".
I know AI is one of the most difficult feature of a video game but you are not every other developers, you are Cd Project RED and you kick ass !

Prays the Witcher !

The other thing I REALLY want is a deep conversation tree, and to have an actual INTELLIGENT conversation with someone. I blame voice acting for this. I want to be able to talk to characters and if I have a high level inteligence I want to wow them with my knowlege.

I suppose it would be possible to include something like ELIZA (a computer program, an early example of natural language processing) in a game. I mention ELIZA specifically because it was written in the mid 60's thus has to be a pretty small piece of code (by modern standards). Of course you'd have to type in your statements so the program can parse them (voice interactive would be impractical as many people play on consoles thus don't have microphones). No clue who owns the copyright on such things, but maybe there's one out there someplace that's public software. While computer generated voices have a way to go (it wouldn't be worthwhile to use a voice actor) it would at least allow you to hold a conversation (of a sort) with anyone in the game.

And incorporating something like this into a game would REALLY raise the bar for NPC interactions.

Last edited:
It's very cool that you ask which type of RPG we'd like ans I get that 2015 is a Witcher year but I can't answer to that question simply because I have no idea what type of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be. I mean I know this will be a RPG but that's all. What type of view or of world mechanics ? etc... RPG mean pretty much nothing, Pokemon is an RPG ^^

It's very cool that you ask which type of RPG we'd like ans I get that 2015 is a Witcher year but I can't answer to that question simply because I have no idea what type of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be. I mean I know this will be a RPG but that's all. What type of view or of world mechanics ? etc... RPG mean pretty much nothing, Pokemon is an RPG ^^

Google. Our FAQ here. Our Known Details thread. All of these will help answer your question.

Google. Our FAQ here. Our Known Details thread. All of these will help answer your question.

I have already check those things, I'll not talk about or ask something without checking those obvious things before. And for me this is absolutely not enough to give any suggestion... We know what kind of game it'll be that's all, without at least the type of view it will be...

---------- Updated at 01:07 AM ----------

Well I have one idea (maybe you already have that in mind though) that nobody has ever done which will be kind of a new way to play games on Earth.

I'm french I can speak English and barely understand Spanish, my cousin can speak French, English, Chinese, he has few notion in German. My point is that this game is the perfect occasion to create a real world (with your translation implant idea) where nobody has the same experience. I won't buy a French implant because I can speak it, nor English. But I will for Chinese. My cousin though won't need this one. I could try to understand Spanish but I my own risk of doing a bad translation.
Sure people could always use Google translate or what so ever, but if the dialogues are substantial enough they will soon enough be discourage by the amount of text to copy and the regularity of that action.

A game where you use the real life player skills for his progression !

Last edited:
I'm trying to recall ...
Some game I read about a while back said they were going to use multiple languages. If your character got a translator then, and only then, would you hear all the game dialog in the language of your choice.

Such a thing wouldn't be too hard to implement as most games are translated into multiple languages anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom