Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all Cyberpunk 2077 fans, I am new to the forum and wanted to share my own ideas so far:
I would like to see a dark mature story, NPCs need to be intelligent and react to your character's appearance, a big open world with tons to do, as many posters said media influence (can affect your character in positive or negative ways), Dialogue options (like mass effect series or Fallout series), intelligent partner AI, a good yet extensive character creator/customization, blood and gore (realistic), destructible environments, skill trees, and mini games. Things I don't want are QTEs (quick time events).

a little detail that adds a lot to immersion and a feel of "lifeness" to the game world, is the animations when the character is not controlled by the player, for example after a few seconds the character moves his head and look around, reacts t the weather, to the things or people he sees, he looks at his weapons or implants, the same apples to the companions, they can react to the environment or to other characters, includig that they could react to what the protagonist does or even if he doesn't do anything, like elizabeth in bioshock infinite, but, you know, done right

Hello again, I have a couple more ideas;
Radio stations are a must when you are driving cars. Radio hosts (like Three Dogg from Fallout 3 for example), a day/night cycle, and weather effects are a must. The AI of civilians and enemies should be intelligent and unpredictable (look at MGS 5 gz and tpp for example), Easter eggs from either the witcher series or other games, and unlimited freedom/ways to play. Thanks for listening! :)

I've given the matter some thought, and this has probably been mentioned several times already, but I think I would like the main character to be "generic", that is to say not a predefined character like Geralt. I'd like us to be able to create our own character with his or her unique traits just like in Skyrim for instance. This would also mean going with a non-voiced protagonist since that never works out well when you want to role-play as someone else than a predefined character. The alternative is going down the Mass Effect route and do a "paragon" / "renegade" type choice dialogue.

This would work but I think ultimately we would want a game with as much replayability as possible, and to me this means following the Skyrim formulae. So we'd like the ability to create our own character and approach the game in the manner we seem fit. The thing you would do better than Skyrim however is better story follow up. Skyrim was horrible in that nothing really changes in the game world, even after you more or less single handedly saved all of creation.

So let's see....

0) Blade Runner-esque world
1) A grounded working society, things exist and function for a reason
2) Morally grey
3) Create your own character from scratch
4) Several different styles of gameplay available. Either focus 100% in one area or hybrid builds. Impossible to see everything in one play-through. You can multi-class but you can't be a "thief-mage-loremaster-barbarian-priest".
5) Non-voiced protagonist
6) Several factions to join and which you can pit against eachother if you so desire. Fallout 2 did this excellent.
7) Some kind of huge plot twist or revelation 2/3 in would be nice

The hardest part for me to decide on is actually how big the game world should be and how we should get around in it. I suppose if it's going to be the size of Witcher 3 or bigger we would need a car or motorcycle or something like that? Granted, you could also make it like city blocks and then it would be fine to walk everywhere. And take the metro for fast travel once you've opened it up.

Oh... and I almost forgot. We need better modding tools. We want the fanbase to be able to create their own quests and add-ons and upload to the nexus.

So, that's quite a list.... but you asked for it :)

Last edited:
Oh yes! Non lethal stuff - that would be great! I always liked the Deus Ex way of doing things - staying in the shadows and taking out guards only when necessary and if possible in a non lethal way. That would be really great!

Here's a pipedream....

I wish CDPR would make (or hire someone else to make) a Cyberpunk game that imitates how Fallout was made. Emulating a tabletop experience rather than an action RPG. TB combat and the whole nine yards.

(mockups someone made of Fallout)

And for the talking heads:

[video=youtube;F9y-8IzNpQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y-8IzNpQ4[/video]

I would so buy a game like that.

Pipedreams aside...

I'd like CP 2077 to have a more calm an pondering mood and pace. I know rock'n roll and intense combat events are very much tied to the setting, but on the overall, I'd like a game that evokes and encourages some brain activity. That the game isn't just a pretty and fluid basic "go-kill-them entertainment", but such that goes deeper into things (themes, narratives, mechanics...) and requires the player to pay some attention and think about things too.

Last edited:
I know rock'n roll and intense combat events are very much tied to the setting, but on the overall, I'd like a game that evokes and encourages some brain activity.
I think kofe is on to something here, perhaps making combat half the experience or less in favor of other things, exploring, conspiring, whatever they may be, is a great idea.

I also like the idea of political factions being represented, you never shunned from this in witcher 3, and really shouldn't in Cyberpunk, now i don't mean actual political parties, they wouldn't fit well in this world, but more like grass roots movements, some hate capitalism, some hate augmentations, not necesarrily those, but some contradiction in society between two or more economic/biological/social groups that you can unravel and take to a breaking point would be awesome

Yeah, that's really my biggest concern too. As I pointed out Fallout has gone from being a pretty darn good RPG to a so-so shooter/action game. I know Mike has said the last thing he wants is Cyberpunk to be a shooter, but don't let it focus on combat mechanics at the expense of the RPG stuff. It may be "old school", but damn it, it worked!

I think that's more to do with the inability to make actually dynamic worlds rather than the combat mechanics. I mean if the fallout games actually let you change the world meaningfully it would be a much better RPG because your character decisions would matter.

A living world is what's important. a world you can impact. any system is pointless if it has no impact on the world.

One thing I really, really want CP 2077 to have is for it to fully utilize the skill rolls for attempting stuff (of which there obviously should be a good number of), fumble tables and all.

And for those attempts to be dynamically implemented to the game. Visually similiar to VtMB (though with a 3rd person option available as well):

But so that the timer is governed by what is being tried (certain things take inherently different amounts of time than others) and the PC's chance of succeeding and that the game rolls for criticals during it (at a halfway point for example), and also as a realtime event where the player needs to keep an eye of his surroundings if someone would come and spot him.

This sort of system for all attempts. And perhaps, going a bit further with this, adding possibilities from different skill combos. Eg. being able to try to conceal the act of lockpicking (and what ever else task might be suited for such) if both the related skill and stealth are high enough (though by doing so increasing the time it takes to attempt). Adept enough stealthy lockpickers might even be able to pause the task and act as if just loitering around if someone spots them and gets too curious (low skill would require stopping and starting over).

Shit like that. Lots of it. Even stuff that might at first seem reudndant (like opening firehydrants). The salt and pepper of a great RPG comes from what all the character can try out (and also fail at even with a seemingly simple task -- it adds greatly to the PC characterization and mood that s/he can make human errors).

This, or something along the lines of it (the crux is the attempt roll - the visual mechanics of it are secondary), and not a single fucking obnoxious minigame or "you can't attempt that" bullshit threshold (unless the task is really out of the PC's limits - "stat+skill+diceroll (+luck?)" - and even then the player should be able to try and figure out that it is too hard).

Last edited:
Yeah, VtMB is a very good example of how an RPG can be done on a PC/console.

Sure you got loading screens when you went into an entirely new area (and sometimes building) but none within an area.
You made choices, not all of them morally black/white, that effected how the game played out.
The supernatural NPCs all tended to be pretty typical of their Clan/concept, but that was a good thing because they were pretty well designed in the first place for the PnP game. It gave them a certain amount of predictability.
For the most part you had to be very careful using your powers in public, not only did the normal people react but if you went too far the game did in that you'd violated the Masquerade ... not healthy.
Your abilities/powers mattered, there were multiple ways to resolve many things, not all involving bloodshed.

If they havn't I'd suggest a few folks at CDPR play VtMB.

They should indeed. Lots of good ideas on what to do (and from where to start building, the game was by no means perfect in its design), and also what not to do since the game went a bit on swandive at later parts (by comparison to the excellent early game) when it became mostly about combat grind.

In relation to my earlier post, one of the most irksome realization for me was that despite the excellent presentations of lockpicking and hacking, there was no opportunity roll, only a flat number-against-number check. I thought for a very long time that if would keep trying or if I just had some luck the doors might open and the passwords might be found -- and I know a fellow who's been playing the game since release and only recently found out this. In a weird way it was moving to watch him express his newly found disappointment and how that realization affected the feel of the whole game. :p

So yes, please, SKILL ROLLS - as in CP 2020. :rtfm:

Hi, iIjust joined this thread and I loved so much the idea of give a chance to the community to share their ideas, cause there are people with really good ideas !
So, today i will share my thoughs of what will be a trully hideout,base or house will be for me on a RPG. (It will be long i think xD)

I think the function of hideout,base or house always was the same thing : a place where you can decorate,put some defenses or whatever you want and upgrade something maybe. But with this CyberPunk thematic i think we can really put some life and importance on it.

WHY DO I NEED TO GO HOME ? - TO REST

- Would be nice if we have some sort of global stamina who affects on your actions, if we dont sleep or eat we can have serious problems, in the game this could be like the higher your global stamina is the better your actions,if you feel asleep or serious hungry you could have penalty's like reducing your aim, your time to decide some options in dialogues or actions will be smaller and things like that..

BASE LOCATION MATTERS

Basically if you are in the "guetto" the lower level of the city, your chances to being robbed and lose part of your stuff will be higher but the chance of the police or whatever is following you find you will be lower and vice versa.

Some missions could require your base near your next "objective", so that way you can rent that base for a moment only. For example : you need to spy some executive so you need to buy or rent the building in front of his house.

SOME QUESTS FOCUSED AROUND YOUR BASE

In every RPG the "quests" related to your base will be most of the time to defend from invaders or build something...Why not a protect the hostage quest ? -

Imagine this :

You have a mission to protect some scientist, but somehow you failed and the enemy will be there in a few moments, you have the following options :

- Defend the hostage inside your base, if you kill the pursuers in silence there will be no police call from your neighbours, otherway you will need to leave the base.

- Defend the hostage out of your base, put some explosives inside, wait for the enemy enter and explode your base, you will lose everything you let inside but your pursuer will not bother you anymore.

- Give up...too dangerous...

That was only a teasing of what types of quests can be related to your base, you could use for planing your next assault mission,dating (if possible),upgrade your weapons,etc...

AI FOR ALL THE BASES

Basically your base warns you when someone is looking too much to your house or someone let some suspicious package nearby, for that you will need to upgrade your security system of your base.

Those are my ideas for now. ^^

I remember CDPR talking about takind some cues to their dialog in Cyberpunk form (an example they gave) Fallout 2 where different skill/stat levels open up new options. Think it was in some of those blog texts from before this board was even up.

I obviously agree with that, but one thing I think CDPR should think a bit ahead with this. The earliest two instances of this that I remember in Fallout 2, were persuading the guard from fighting in Temple of Trials (with speech 40, I think it was) and anotherone being having perception of 6 to notice that one of the fellow tribesmen had a sharpened spear (opening up the possibility to get your own spear sharpened). This is good to have of course, but I think it shouldn't always be the case that a correspondent stat opens up an option that is automatically an "I win" option.

There are places for those, but what would be more interesting from a roleplaying standpoint is that some of those options that open up are more about characterspecifc expressions that give the ongoing conversation a certain bias and fork it that specific way (if chosen), that might lead to more personalized outcome depending on how the NPC in question thinks about it.

While skills and stats provide their own checks (like the Fallout 2 examples), these more personified things could be tied to the chosen career and (if it is in the game) lifepath choices (whether chosen or rolled). A cop might have choices in dialog that represent him/her as a cop in certain cases, someone with both parents dead and an unhappy childhood might have an opinion on life when talking to a corp in 3rd generation born with a golden spoon up his ass. A solo might have something unique to say to another solo, or when speaking about solos. Et cetera. It might not always lead to anywhere but an interesting bit of flavored dialog, but sometimes it clash with the othes view (for better or worse). Expressing the character according to how you've built him (if you wish to... it's only one option). Pillars of Eternity does this sort of thing to a certain extent, and it works pretty great there.

Of course it require pretty careful writing and the presentation might become a bit tricy if there's going to be a "dynamic dialog system" like they've said they're trying (what ever that means). Tthough of course that would depend on the control scheme. If the mousehand was free to use a cursor to do what ever (shooting someone, picking stuff up, punching the NPC, and obviously choosing the dialog options) while, for example, walking and talking, there should be no real issue. And a mute character would porribly be in order (though I've no qualms with that, on the contrary). But it would be a way to push mainstream part of the genre forward without resorting to unnecessary and already overused (all the time, all over the place) streamlining and bullshit dialoguewheels (ala Fallout 4 and Bioware games).

1. Have some kind of nemesis system like the one from Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor.
2. Important NPCs should have more filler dialogues outside of quests. Yennefer and Triss only replying with a Yes or Well outside of questing is kinda immersion breaking. They should have dialogues about current relationships, current place they are in, or about current quests related etc.

I'll openly admit to savescumming with regards to randomness in a game. If I make a bad choice, or screw something up, I'll live with the consequences, but if a video game of this nature is full of random decisions, I'd be a) pissed off and b) quite happy to reload as many times as it took.

As you said, it's a single-player game, so what I do has no impact on anyone else, and I'd prefer not to be stopped from doing it because other players don't like it. So no, I wouldn't want CDPR to put a lot of effort into stopping people from scumsaving if they want to. Just as I wouldn't object to there being SOME randomness in the game, just keep it to reasonable levels. I don't want to play a game where the majority of the non-combat events are decided randomly.

Oh, and yes, I'd definitely reroll at the start of the game to get the character I want.

I'll openly admit to savescumming with regards to randomness in a game. If I make a bad choice, or screw something up, I'll live with the consequences, but if a video game of this nature is full of random decisions, I'd be a) pissed off and b) quite happy to reload as many times as it took.

As you said, it's a single-player game, so what I do has no impact on anyone else, and I'd prefer not to be stopped from doing it because other players don't like it. So no, I wouldn't want CDPR to put a lot of effort into stopping people from scumsaving if they want to. Just as I wouldn't object to there being SOME randomness in the game, just keep it to reasonable levels. I don't want to play a game where the majority of the non-combat events are decided randomly.

Oh, and yes, I'd definitely reroll at the start of the game to get the character I want.

:ok:

Speaking about the amount of RNG skill checks... Obviously I think there should be a lot to cover a good amount of different characerbuilds, but I do get the point about "reasonable levels". I think it's a good compromise if they use the CP 2020 rules where if the governing attributes (stat + skill) are equal or higher than the task difficulty, it just succeeds without a random element, but you need to roll if they are lower. And, the same goes the other way too, if the attributes are so low that rolling a 10 wouldn't bring them up to par the difficulty, you'll never succeed. If I remember the rules correctly, that is...

I'd be very fine with that, even if I'd prefer there to always be at least a slight (few percentages) chance to fail (even the best make mistakes).

Your-ideas-for-a-dream-RPG

My idea is to create a cyber witch that is similar to the Wild Hunt Witcher but everything here happens in the future is looking Ciri, Geralt but in the future I do not know how the idea of what everyone thinks about this idea. There are several versions 1 Geralt it sends out the future through the portal of Ciri,
2 Ciri went to travel the worlds, and fell into the future.
3Geralt in search of a new villain dragon monster. he
Crystal stole the Order of the Dragon stealing the mantle of reincarnation. 4 The Witcher in search of monsters but in the future with laser swords for a place on the hoverboard Horses Roach and pursue Monsters along with other Witcher write something like that would like to add my ideas, offer, better options, all good-guys-beaver booms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom