Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with the rest of your post, and appreciate it, this point is a little bit on the "fantasy" side don't you think? In what universe would eating a loaf of bread heal you more than let's say using a suture kit to sew a wound, or an analgesic to stop the pain, and so on?

You are right, health related items can replenish health to a point that is notable, while food/drink can slightly replenish health while filling other needs. I didn't consider the survival side of things tbh.

Okay, say we consider survival needs, I would then suggest:
1) Hunger/Thirst as one bar (so that it doesn't get too much in the way of the player doing other things)
2) Sleep/Hygiene (sleeping in safe-houses or taking a bath will replenish this bar)
3) Health (health-related items increase this bar, with the exception of certain food/drink items)
4) Morale (roughly a sum of the three above, allows to play mini-games found in the world)

This will go well with a variety of pickups, and some items can give positive/negative perks too (like drinking coffee replenishes sleep bar, but drinking too much causes sleep bar to drop x2 as fast for 2 days).

Advanced augmentations can eliminate needs so that game-play and the pace of the game change with progression.

Last edited:
Sustainability in civil society: A commitment by Wayfer Housing

[h=2]Shelter Centers[/h]
1.Overview. Shelter centers or "Projects" provide bedding for the Low or Median Household Income (LHI or MHI) citizens, with comfortable capsule beds. Shelter centers have a capacity of 16 capsules/ room, 1120 beds per building, 8960 per city block . Owned by Wayfer Housing, corporate real-estate agent and industry leader in low income housing.

2.Requirements to apply. To be eligible for application, you will need:
-Criminal Record of Class F or lower.
-Medical Record of Class 2 or lower.
-Sanitation Class D or lower.
-BAS Class 9 or higher. (BAS stands for Body Augmentation Standards)
Extenuating circumstances or cases of physically impaired individuals will be directed to our special care support and inquiries. We provide support for the physically or mentally ill in our special care centers. Please contact one of our representatives for further information.

3.Types of housing:
Capsule bedding: Wayfer Housing provides a leading framework on civil society sustainability and is an industry leader in providing low income housing. Our goal is to provide affordable and eligible households to every citizen with LHI or MHI. Capsule bedding is provided for free to citizens that meet the requirements stated in section 2. Facilities provide air ventilation compliant with GSA 91, and maintained by certified staff on a regular basis.
Renting: Compact rooms with embedded bathroom and capsule bed. Housing and infrastructure compliant with GSA and certified for safe levels in vibration, static electricity and radiation by Rover Audits.
Suites: Some of our centers offer high-class housing compliant with Welfare standards association. Our facilities offer class 4 luxury rooms, with award-winning customer service and hospitality.
4.Services. Our facilities offer a range of additional services for every individual, regardless of his selected package. Our services range from sleep acceleration, noise cancellation, room-service, augmentation repair suites, trauma center, consulting, ATM, storage, ration shop and church (services may differ depending the facility).

A bit of lore for the residential areas. Tried to stick to the 2020 lore as much as possible, let me know if you find any error.

+blades in the arms, like the girl on the trailer, and to slice people with them
+all dialogs have to be cinematic, like in the witcher 3 or in mass effect and to show up special dialog options if cyber-magic is available or tecno-mance, or something like that, to hack the minds of the other characters or to control them like with axii in tw3
+renegade and paragon dialog options

Freedom of choice: You can completely avoid fights through negotiation, this would make the game very interesting

Stealth: I think it would be fun if you could thin out the herd a little bit before fighting multiple people. It would be awesome if it was like Deus Ex HR,

Thoughts:
No leveled encounters. I know the choice is typically between leveled and zoned encounters in RPGs, but I think there's an overlooked 3rd option in basically making the combat difficulty static the whole game -- setting the entire system to be based around skillful gameplay and high tech gear and implants instead of heavily reliant on combat skills system (obviously adjustable with a difficulty slider for people who don't like to suffer). The difference in encounters would then be the number of enemies, or the gear of enemies, rather than the level or skill of enemies (this could easily have organizational or faction ties as well... which could make things semi-zoned without being too restrictive). This lets the player free roam the world from the beginning, but also not feel punished by the world for "leveling up". The skill system should be focused more on tactical advantage and extra-combat game features rather than firing accuracy and gun damage (things such as environment manipulation, hacking, stealth, tech skill, etc...). A gear/implant heavy progression system is still rewarding (in many games it is THE progression system, while the underlying level system is nearly semantic).

Honestly, that sort of reflects the cyberpunk pnp system fairly well in a game environment. In PnP you didn't really ever get to the indestructible point, and extraordinary survivability came at the cost of humanity (not to mention a lot of money.. lol). Having to choose your encounters, giving the player the option to run away from encounters when necessary, and making the combat more about creative problem solving, tactics, and gear, rather than leveling and skills makes the game challenging the whole way through while also providing the sense of freedom that people are nearly willing to sacrifice gameplay in general for (it also makes gear the progression standard so the player doesn't feel completely static). Terrain and tactics were absolute KEY in cyberpunk pnp. Honestly, the best way to compromise the two if you wanted to make skills affect combat, would be to make them affect gear, stealth, and mobility, instead of shooting/aiming/damage/defense ratings.

Also, cyberpunk is a strongly party oriented system. It's a prime candidate for adding in a 2-4 player local/session coop campaign if I ever saw one (which a lot of people would love to see in an open world rpg finally), but even if you don't want to do that, you should at least add an extensive companion/mercenary system. This also allows the full roll implementation, and class choice to be meaningful without players feeling completely punished for playing a less combative class, as they can just hire on mercenaries or companions to lessen their inherent weaknesses a bit if they want to play a less combat oriented class. Really, the only other choices would be to water down or omit the classes to where every character could potentially do everything... In other words your character options boil down to super soldier or a super soldier with a different looking face. That kinda kills the mood of the setting in general and makes the replayability drop a bit.

In my opinion, It is incredibly important in cyberpunk to have full jack-in netrunning. Not just hacking security cameras and doors or making netrunners some sort of lame robot pet class. To do a proper cyberpunk game, it basically has to have a secondary cyber world within the overarching game (which is, admittedly, a LARGE undertaking). Some people would argue that this basically is content that only netrunners will ever see, but with the inclusion of a merc/companion system, you could easily get past that a number of ways. On top of that, it is a system that lends itself fairly naturally to procedural generation, so it can be massive without being painstakingly scripted out and without sacrificing immersion or feeling like an empty system. Also, if it is heavily procedurally generated, it is much more justifiable to make it optional content, to where you could spend tons of time there or never even see it apart from an occasional side quest (where you could just hire a netrunner to access the content). In the canon there are ways to jack in without being a dedicated netrunner using a piggybacking system where a netrunner brings you along for the ride, so it isn't without precedent for a solo or fixer to join their team mate in a net run -- they just wouldn't be in their element, and their roll would switch to a support player instead of the leader being supported. The system would basically be paying for effectiveness and how much they want to spend on netrunner rates (basically having the choice to hire a legit cybercowboy or go cheap and struggle through the run with a crappy wannabe with bad gear). I think this is a pretty good solution to still being able to see content without being a jack of all trades. It also makes a netrunner centric character still have major advantages in their forte, since when playing as one you would have full control over their gear and implants, as well as being able to jack in whenever they want and take on the more demanding runs.

A first person OPTION would be nice as well, for those of us that like the immersion that comes with riding inside a virtual body. And since the game seems to be goaled towards creating a character instead of playing an established character, it is less objectionable. But that is just icing. :)

Finally... just stating the obvious, lol: this game should never even come close to being an MMO... nor should it include any of the gameplay of one -- No hotbar, no click target, no faux turn based combat, no ability cycling rotations/ cooldowns, no MMO "endgame" grinding, no level grinding, no farming, no fetch quests or kill 6 sewer rats... I could honestly do without gear crafting in general (though gear modding could be cool). I have faith in CDPR to know I don't really have to say that, but it is a friggin compulsion at this point.. lol

TLDR version -- Make it cool.

Last edited:
Please About inspiring music. If you want to be nice influenced please go listen of The Metropolis Records Artist list.

Band like Icon Of Coil, Skinny Puppy, Frontline assembly are exaclty kind of music that cyberpunk univers deserves. Please.

Otherwise, if you want made a nice cyberpunk experience, you have on thing to do correclty.

Technobabylon made it, Omikron The nomad soul made it too. Im speaking about creating an unique world with its codes, its own problematics that been reflected on the caracters living inside. something we have to think about while playing to really understand why its a big deal any protagonist inside the story.

I dont know if you guys played technobabylon, but its the perfect exemple, kind like when Regis worried about his semen samples lost in natures. You have to think why its a big deal. Thats the true meaning of cyberpunk story.

Beside, cyberpunk is when there's wires leaving the wall, Post Cyberpunk is when there no wires leaving out the wall. Dont forget it :)

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
In my opinion, It is incredibly important in cyberpunk to have full jack-in netrunning. Not just hacking security cameras and doors or making netrunners some sort of lame robot pet class. To do a proper cyberpunk game, it basically has to have a secondary cyber world within the overarching game (which is, admittedly, a LARGE undertaking). Some people would argue that this basically is content that only netrunners will ever see, but with the inclusion of a merc/companion system, you could easily get past that a number of ways. On top of that, it is a system that lends itself fairly naturally to procedural generation, so it can be massive without being painstakingly scripted out and without sacrificing immersion or feeling like an empty system. Also, if it is heavily procedurally generated, it is much more justifiable to make it optional content, to where you could spend tons of time there or never even see it apart from an occasional side quest (where you could just hire a netrunner to access the content). In the canon there are ways to jack in without being a dedicated netrunner using a piggybacking system where a netrunner brings you along for the ride, so it isn't without precedent for a solo or fixer to join their team mate in a net run

Virtuals have a lot of potential. Them being independent levels that you warp in and out, they can literally have a full working game-play mechanic based on the idea.

Some examples:
1) You can buy a virtual and when you do, its yours and you get all the means to access it without net-running skills.
2) You can buy better types of virtuals. Expensive virtuals are photorealistic, while cheap ones feel like Nintendo 64 graphics.
3) You can change your appearance in the virtual. Another cool thing to buy from a net-runner.
4) You can (ideally) visit virtuals from other players (think GTA apartments).
5) Guns don't work in visuals (by default), but that doesn't mean you cant have them shoot to test stuff.
6) Virtuals can be created to depict a certain location at a certain timeline with certain AI running it. Meaning you basically can have dungeons for literally every possible setting.
7) You can trick the player into thinking that he is still in the real world after he gets knocked out, by having him connected to a virtual. That way you can create some moral dilemmas that won't really happen in reality and push the player into giving unwanted information or making choices that he will regret later.
8) Physical objects of the real world can materialize when inside a virtual. That could make an interesting mechanic where some loot crates can only be opened from within the net. Same goes for AIs.
9) You can let the player customize his virtual by buying discs that contain physical objects that he can use to decorate.
10)You can have virtuals have their own rules. Physics, powers, appearance, everything can be programmed to function differently, so the choices are endless.

Bethesda*. But yeah, emphasis on diplomacy and planning should be much better. I mean, you don't need to sacrifice it for combat, they can co-exist. One person's character can go in with all the combat-ready, actiony builds; while the other's can develop in more "conversationalist" sense. It sounds like the new Torment is doing a great job with that (from beta impressions). You can even talk to enemies during battles (for example to convince one or two of them to flee, or change sides and so on), which sounds amazing :)

Yeah I'm VERY much looking forward to it.

Same here.

The beaty of turnbased combat... You can have so much more going on when you don't need to constantly focus on reflexes. Just sayin'. :p

Dynamic conversations during combat (without it being scripted cutscene) would certainly be somehting in my "favorite Cyberpunk RPG".

Well, anyways....

Last edited:
Honestly, every developer who is willing to go that extra mile in open-world gaming development, should get a Dreamcast, a pen and a paper, and play Shenmue 1 and 2. This video explains some of the reasons but honestly, if you play it you will realize how different it feels from any other game, up to this day.

If we had this in a cyberpunk setting where you could go anywhere, have all these awesome mini-games that take you away from the main story and mechanics, C77 could be a new benchmark for this era of gaming. Raise the bar, people. We have faith in you.

I'd like a personal customisation system, cosmetic and practical, that has some visuals akin to the beautiful intricacy of the Ghost in the Shell series. I mean, those artists had the transhumanist conceptuals from the skin down to the core. I'd adore something like that.

I don't know if anyone else agrees but what I love to see in RPG's are details that have nothing to do with the game, it to me feels like ambiance. such as

Pets.
Two dogs fighting over a bone.
NPC's having arguments.
news papers you can read.
Buying an apartment (bills?).
Random console games.
Wrong numbers calling you?
ETC (any other ideas?).......

I think they should somehow use the character's personality, intelligence, other traits to determine the extent of dialogue. Maybe what roll you are, and your skills could grant you special dialogue choices. That way it's still roll playing, and not just a simple good, or bad choice.

---------- Updated at 01:22 PM ----------

I don't know if anyone else agrees but what I love to see in RPG's are details that have nothing to do with the game, it to me feels like ambiance. such as

Pets.
Two dogs fighting over a bone.
NPC's having arguments.
news papers you can read.
Buying an apartment (bills?).
Random console games.
Wrong numbers calling you?
ETC (any other ideas?).......

Random muggings that could effect the player, or npc's.
People being arrested.
Shops opening/closing.
Car accidents.
Drug deals.
An npc asking you to help them find something/someone, which could be a trap, or for real.
And weird shit like this:
[video=youtube;lTe6wtU-g_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTe6wtU-g_8[/video]

So, again I have moved some posts.

I know you kids want to talk the merits of your ideas, but here IS NOT THE PLACE. CDPR (hopefully) has many, many pages and ideas to go through. If they want to see arguments and rebuttals, we have whole other threads for that.

This last bit about karma I moved. I could have easily deleted it and probably will next time. Oh and if 4/5 of your post is a discussion and 1/5 is idea, bet on deletion as well.

DREAM. RPG. Not gameplay or whatever discussion.

My opinion.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is such a amazing game and you guys did absolutely amazing work with that game.
I have been watching a lot of youtubers and all of them agreed, that Wild Hunt was one of the best RPG game they have played. I also agree with this opinion.

So, Cyberpunk 2077 - my ideas for a dream RPG. I mentioned The Witcher 3 here because this is where a want to go.
I'm not saying, copy The Witcher and everyone will be happy because this is not good thing to do. But take with you to Cyberpunk 2077 the best elements from Wild Hunt. Actually, why do people fall in love with this game (reasons):

* Great missions
Main reason, everyone is talking about excellent structure of the missions in TW3 WH. How they are connected together. This is the first point that people mention when you ask them. I really would like to see the same good structure in Cyberpunk 2077.

* Great characters
I know that the characters that have been placed in the game in Wild Hunt they been built on the pattern of the books A. Sapkowskiego, and Geralt is one of the best figure of fantasy literature. So is very hard to reach that extremely high level but I have a faith in you. For a dream RPG we need interesting, complex characters. Character about which we will be talking about long after the premiere.

* Dark atmosphere
I think a lot of people (really a lot) want to see in Cyberpunk 2077 something close to Blade Runner. Dark, dirty city from the future, city that never sleeps and music which raises that atmosphere more.

I personally think if you mainly focus on that three points, that success is yours. People will love your games even more. I wish you huge success and I wish myself to Cyberpunk 2077 be my dream RPG game.

P.S.
Really looking forward for Blood and Wine expansion.

A few things:
- Make the combat "friendly user", some "gaming journalists" complained about the combat in W3 (oh noes wolf packs can kill you) while praising the totally average shooting aspect in a fourth installement of a certain so called rpg.

- I guess Cyberpunk 2077 won't have a real premade main charater like Geralt, so I would ask the devs to allow us to roleplay our character the way we want.

- 60FPS, after playing MGSV & Battlefront, 30fps games feel so janky.

- Inventory management, don't do it like you did in W3, that was cringe worthy.

No essential npcs...no no and nope!

I want option to be able to murder every npc without any exception at any time regardless of did game had their death planned later on, nope, wanna shoot em when I want all and no one shall be exception is definitely my dream RPG.

Come on guys, you can do better than that! I mean actual secrets, not easter eggs.

Check those out:

Games spoiled in second video:

Shenmue
Nier
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 3
Shadow Complex
Far Cry 4
Singularity
Pikmin
Tekken 5
Silent Hill 2