Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and another thing...tone down colors a bit. All three Witcher games were oversatured in some areas for no apparent reason, it went went against the stylistic tone of the game. ( The North, not a carnival).

So 190 pages and counting, I don't know if anyone just said what I am going to suggest:
If Cyberpunk2077 is an RPG, let me take the role I prefer. I am a shoot-everyone-in-the-face kind of person? Let me do it. I am a stealty-shadow person? Let me do it. Personally, I would love to solve most (not all, not funny) of the problems using my speach ability. So yeah, I would love to enter some restricted area just by convincing them to let me pass.
Point 2 of my ideal RPG: Factions. The more factions, the better. Every faction should have a personal scale of appreciation in my behaviour. If I kill someone, that should be liked from a faction and hated by another. Obviously the fact that they hate or love me should change the way the interact with me. If everything I do pisses of a faction, they have to shoot me at sight, at least while I don't find a way to have peace with them. If instead they love me, maybe I could take some decision with the head of the faction for the faction itself, or having a discount on what they sell.
Talking about faction, PLEASE, remember that no one is all-the-way-good or all-the-way-bad. Every single faction MUST TRUST in their ideal, in their fight, in their behaviour. No one acts bad purposely. If one acts bad, it is because he thinkgs it's the better way to do something. So PLEASE, let them have REAL motivation, let me question my choice, let me have a range of possibility and a bad feeling if I make the right or the bad choice. This is the most important thing in a RPG, in my opinion. It's a ROLE play game, I want to take a role, let me be what ever the hell I want. That's the perfect RPG.

No Title

I like the idea of a City with two levels of streets layering, so you can switch between the upper or lower street in the urban canyon while you driving (flying). That would be really crazy and fancy. Further more it gives more exciting opportunities for the player to react in a persuit.

Attachments

• photo105130.jpg
    photo105130.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 32
I'd actually enjoy a Multiplayer up to like 20 to 30 people per server doing their jobs such as a group of Net runners"Players" gather information about a location of a psycho and a group of cops, Solos can go in and take them out for a price of course. One of the things I'm interested in is if we can become psychos and other players have to hunt us down due to our decisions we made to relieve the augmentations. As we don't know much about this game we can't really know what to expect of the game. Hopefully they will show a sneak peak at E3 this year.

Hello creative minds at CDPR, thank you for reading.

Please keep it grimdark and oppressive, I want the most heartbreaking Velen sights in every street gutter, with corporate overlords observing gnats from their penthouse HQ's, plotting to control the world

Please no World of Warcraft colours, it works for fantasy, but this needs to be dark, and gray and possibly even blue, like the original Deus Ex

This is your story, axe any and all chains from your writting war hounds, give us Hearts of Stone quality throughout the game and beyond any and all boundaries. Expose it all and stomp on every nerve.

Choice and consequence to the max, make players regret they ever attempted to dabble in other people's lives. I want sorrow and regret, yearning and sadness. Give me the reality, so that every victory and smile feel genuine.

Combat. I want it all, plasma swords, lasers, rockets, machine guns, flamethrowers, but please also include bare fists, stones, baseball bats. Make us work with nothing at times, scrape our nails to survive

Honestly, it's impossible not to surpass witcher 3, but don't stop there, just blow it out of water completely and reach for the RPG immortality.

That is all.

i have some idea;
Can you make a realistic World texture in game ?
Can you make a bigger relationship in game ?
Can you make a Vehicle in game( not like FF XV Cars road)
Can we have AI Partner for helping us longer on =Single Story?

I don't know if it has already been suggested but I have such idea: a system of limb wounds. When the damage of some limb is critical it is destroyed. In this case you can't use it anymore (of course, it is fully destroyed) until you visit some clinic and fix it. If the unlucky limb is a hand - it is clear what you can do and what not. But if it is a leg, things become more complex. Now you can't walk - only crawl. Or call for some medical services, so they will take you to clinic. It is realistic and motivates people to augment and protect their limbs better.

First of all,i want to congratulate CR Projekt Red for the master piece called Witcher 3...

Now i wont bother you with the thousand and 1 positive things this game has,instead i will specify what i believe is missing,especially in the long run,so that we might get that (kinda)fixed in the upcoming game.

I would like to start by pointing the challenge of the game,even in the highest difficulty the game is relatively on normal,let alone when playing the game for the second or the third time.
I would i adore more option capabilities,regarding the minimap(for example no GPS)and many in game features,manual sword sheath was thang god added but some things like all obvectives being shown on the map,filter for lining the queastion based on their level....minor details which make the experience much more enjoyable
Witcher 3 was the first Wtcher game that i got to play and i was amazed by the whole alchemy and crafting mechaninc(based on the lore and the enemies) that u have to manage,BUT in the end both swords/armor are pretty simplistic,meaning generally the 1 sword is completely better than another,and alchemy is very simple,once u create a potion the refill requirement is really small,making the preperation for a huge creature-boss or sometthing nothing really diffirent(this takes away from the immersion in other words)so if many ppl like it that way Here you can put a couple of options regarding how the alchemy system will worn in-game for example

Another thing i feel is missing is higher variety of graphics customization-for example sharpening seems to be either too high or too low,same goes with visibilit foliage,the game is extrordinary,yet very GPU taxing so further sustomization would be really pleasing for not so powerfull rigs.

I tried playing Witcher 2 and,frankly,because i had already play Witcher 3,i couldnt stand the combat and some of its mechanincs and interface-with my point being that the jump from W2 to W3 was huge with many improvements,so i trust CDPR with their passion and talent to achieve a similar-if not greater-master piece as W3 is...there are a couple more details,like maybe more animations and wider variety of attacks from the enemies,more animations whilst interacting and talking also,or more speaking options to choose from,but generally those things come along if u replay the game many times,which means the game is amazing in the first place....GWENT is amazing both in-game and the standalone card game,i adore it-it fits the lore in the cards and the mechanics fluently,but the in game was pretty easy also even in the hardest difficulty...

Overall,i believe the main thing that was missing from W3 and i strongly suggest to look on in Cyberpunk 2077 is the higher challenging levels,whilst also adding more options and features depending on how casual,pro or immersive the player is-or wants to be...managing that while also including the surely amazing combat systme,lore and story i am sure we might get-another-best RPG ever made

Good courage and strength creating Cyberpunk 2077

Best regard,
a humble folk from White Orchard

Hi here are my ideas for the best cyberpunk game i can imagine, talking only about gameplay mechanics and a little bit about story
Open world big city is mandatory
You start as a simple robot on the garbage but with past memories of a human life
You need money to buy new parts or kill other robots or andriods to get new parts
You can edit your character in a specific place to have more human like features or continue as a robot you decide that but it cost money
There will be robot augmentations and android augmentations you can combine both but it will look strange
You can change all your body parts every one with specific features like better stealth, aim, more speed, more strength, invisibility, etc. Every body part can be equipped with a hidden weapon of your choice like shotgun, automatic riffle, flamethrower, lacer cannon, flash bang, smoke bomb, grenade launcher, sleeping darts, magnetic field bullets( to stop robots) that for the arms, for the legs better jump, more speed, jet engine to fly, etc.
As a robot you can use more heavy weapons but cant use stealth and other specific features of an andriod
You can become a big and destructive robot or an very high end android
Your body parts have durability and need repair the more damage you get but you can recover durability with nanomachine capsules, the damage on your body needs to be visible depending wish body part is damaged
You have a core that can be upgraded for better performance on all the augmentations more health, more damage, better stealth, slow time for a short period, more time in stealth features like; invisibility, camouflage, silence etc.
Adapt normal weapons to your body like smgs, rocket launcher, knifes, swords, etc. hidden on your arms
The core recovers with energy from the core of other defeated enemies or fusion energy capsules that cost money from underground stores
there will be body parts that work with a hidden energy called vril the body parts working with this energy are the most powerfull parts and recover the energy of your core automatically and give you the ability to fly without jet engines

My idea is......I like deep RPG element make it like living and breathing world. Yes, Witcher was a marvelous job but, it's would be great if we can push something further more.
in order to do that, I need to breakdown in couple element.

lore, story narrative
world setup might be multiple continents, every continent has a unique way of living, rules, species, architecture, different visualize, different ecology. those things give a good sense of adventure for me. maybe put some conflict between the continent( of course, we will) may be a conflict between society, race, faction lets' ecology effects our adventure as well. Or give the narrative about technology origin before the age 2077.

art direction
-fantasy(Sci-fi) life in the realistic setup, since The first Witcher, your art have a strong tone of realistic, mature I love this part. I think you know what you doing.
-make the unique item have unique visual.
-make unique landmark ( enemy hideout, treasure area, some mystery spot etc) have the valuation in visualize, give the purpose for their existing.

gameplay, game mechanic
NPC has their own routine life, let's them have an individual react to the player at least some noticeable NPC. Make a calendar in that world and have put some event on (not setup event but a real event that actually happens in that world ) that player want to catch on, maybe a sport or robot fight or something. of course, lets those events affect that world society and our adventure as well.

combat
For melee combat, I love to focus more on the action. I like deep action such as dark souls that would be awesome if you put into cyberpunk world, make combat approach in a tactical way, predictable enemy movement but deadly (in some cases)and challenging, make the pushing buttons on the right timing mean something. If there is a gun or any items we can use, use in the very effective way in terms of resources management. Compare to witcher I feel great about combat but on 200+ hours I feel overwhelming difficult on deathmatch level, most of the time I died in group fight or some unknown projectile event with arrow deflect skill.Maybe because enemy movement it's hard to predict. or I I am not skilled enough. haha, Speak of The Witcher's combat I prefer The Witcher 2 combat, as I remember combat more solid, more good feeling for me I keep fighting over and over for leveling up my character. pretty fun. Event on hardest difficulty I still enjoy and feel nothing wrong about it.

Or if you want to focus on the shooting is fine, support with a nice shooting mechanic that would be a great option.

Anyway thank for your space

Last edited:
I love the idea of having different classes that you can choose from, but I think rather than starting out as that class I think it would be fun to start out as a normal person. Your working for a corporation only to find out though some event whether it be an accident or planned by someone else that you are now a loose end for that corporation and before they are able to eliminate you. You abandon your current life of the normal, do you escape to another corporation maybe they'll buy some information, to the underground into hiding or plotting a counter strike, or do you try going to the police who may or may be bought out by the corporation looking for you? I think it would be cool for you to start off as normal person and with some suffice motive to rebel against the system that your life has been structured around. That way you have to work towards becoming what you want rather than it just being handed to you, potentially giving you the chance to mix classes which could give some interesting options for completing things but it would kind of make you a jack of all trades, master of none.

Couple other things, multiplayer would be cool if it was a borderlands style I hate MMO's because for interesting content you usually have to have a group. but if I can solo the whole game with out relying on other people that would be awesome too. Because I would like to be able to play offline if at all possible. One other thing that I think would be cool is the option of going to jail woudn't have to be because of breaking the law simply piss someone off that has the power to frame you or pay the police force to catch you. Then you'd either to wait for a corporation to buy you out for your skills forcing you to server them till you pay your debt, or to escape(possibly having friends break you out), and if you really want to you can serve your sentence. Also if you want to evade the law or people that are chasing you, being able to use plastic surgery or other means of changing your appearance to make them lose your trail or course I feel like you would want to use system that takes away heat depending on how much you change. that way you can't lose heat just by changing eye color, but to lose heat maybe swap your entire face and hair style, or changing the attire you wear and become a cross dresser that way they skim by you. possibly even have a cybernetic add-on that can change tattoos on your skin sort like an LCD screen.

Also I think it would be cool to have player homes something you could use as a home base for storing your extra gear, and depending on what you store there your stuff could become a target for thieves. Of course you could have a pretty stout security system like automated turrets or if you wanted you could link to the net and control them. Also I think it'd be sweet if you make anything from a storage unit to a penthouse your home/base. are you trying to keep a low profile or are you a high ranking member in a corporation living well.

I also love the idea of being in a crime ridden part of the city but I think it would be sweet if we had the option of being part of the crime and profiting from it or trying to get rid of it whether that be through justice or in an attempt to undermine it from the shadows sort of like Death Note style, the road to hell it paved with good intentions. Are you going to be on top playing as the chess master or are you going to be on the bottom taking aim at the house of cards.

I want my decisions to come back to bite me. If you have relationships or adult advances. Keep it mature. Don't give us some DA/ME kind of scenes. We are adults. Witcher did it well.
Also. Cocooperative? Like in Perfect Dark! Were your friend can play and be a minor character to mess with you. Maybe as a side quest. or Several small variences. We like to play with our friend or significant other. Maybe some sort of split screen option with intertwining characters. I'm crazy I love you!

In no particular order:

1. Diverse opening and intertwined story arcs exceeding Dragon Age: Origins
2. Companion quests like Mass Effect 2 plus realistic companion world interaction
3. Main quest has production value equal or surpass The Witcher 3
4. Character creation system with the ability to use real life images to create face morph as FaceGen in Oblivion but in current technology
5. Procedure generated NPC and radiant quests with consequences. No stupid fetch quests.
6. Strange and fascinating world that reveals its deep lore through playing and not reading

Finally:
*More moddable open world than Skyrim with its eco-system (Creation Kit plus all the community developed tools)*

I know that this might be too late now, but for a long time now I have dreamt of a game where you could talk to the NCP's. I would like to be able to either use my keyboard or my microphone to talk to anyone in the game and have them uniquely respond to me. I think it would add a whole new dimension to exploring the world as you could get to know the people around you as well. Imagine a mission where you have to get past guards to go into a certain area, and when you speak to them it could pick up keywords that they could react to by either letting you in or kicking you out. This could make missions very interesting, but at the same time when you're just in free roam having fun you can approach people and just pass time by talking to them. For example maybe implement an AI bot like clever bot. I'm not expecting this to be perfect, because this may be very difficult to achieve, but small details like this could set this game aside from the rest and make it a new unique feature that would add hours of extra fun. Maybe depending on NCP's personalities and moods they will react differently to you. Also please no cut scenes to talk to characters, I should be able to talk to a NCP by looking in his direction. But I also want to be able to talk to a group by looking in their general direction. I want a diverse range of NCPS, from religions, to class, to their hobbies to make you want to find out more about them.

If this could be implemented well enough, then you could also add AI companions who would accompany you in missions if you call them up. They should lead their own lives and be unavailable sometimes since they have things to. Maybe you could befriend people on the street, somewhat like the sims and add them to your contact list, this could also have advantages as some people might help you get better deals for implants or unique weapons and clothes. While on missions you could also talk to them and give them instructions. Open world games can start to feel lonely and boring after a while but a feature like this could entertain you and keep you immersed. Maybe add the ability to meet people online and then set up a meeting. Give AI their own skills so you will want to befriend them and take them on missions. Make me feel like the NCP's around me are living breathing people with their own ideas. Let us be able to emote in a similar way to watch dogs 2 to get a reaction out of NCP's, just for fun.

Also I would like the world to be filled with items you can interact with and not static and boring where I can only follow my mission, I should be able to pick up a beer bottle and smash it over someones head in a bar, I should be able to pick up a piece of debris and use it as a weapon as a last resort. Also if possible, I want almost all the buildings in this game to be enterable with lots of easter eggs and secrets to find. Even some fun mini games and puzzles in unique locations. I think destructible buildings could also make the game more realistic if you launch a rocket at an enemy and it misses, it should destroy the wall behind him. This also means that the physics of the game has to be able to handle this. I want the game to also have some parkour, I think this would be a great feature because in a vertical city with lots of layers, I should have the option to climb up if I want, just imagine climbing up to some high rise buildings and jumping onto a flying car and hijacking it.

Also as this is an adult game, I should be able to indulge in both legal in illegal drugs, they should all have benefits but some should also have some drawbacks. For some drugs id like effects on my screen to make me feel impaired, I should have NCP's react to my impaired behavior based on how intoxicated I am, also these drugs could give you special abilities for a certain time but illegal drugs could become addictive if used too often. I should also be able to have girlfriends and be able to buy apartments and houses to take her home to. Hey, im all for personal waifus in the game who can defend your home xD I think adding an internet to this game would make it interesting as well, maybe have the deep web as well to buy drugs and weapons from the black market. Or online gambling games which you can make money from. Oh and also, hoverboards and being able to do tricks on them would be awesome!

I think these features would add a lot of depth to this game and catch our attentions for longer, this would make this game a vivid breathing world full of people with their own motivations and values. This is my dream game, and I know a lot of things here are a long way away or unrealistic, but these are just my thoughts on what would qualify as a perfect game which aims to set new standards in the gaming industry. I hope that CDPR takes their time with this game to mold it to perfection, and I think a perfect release date would be 2020 as it references the Cyberpunk 2020 game, while also giving them some time to actually add all these things and polish the game well, hell I'm even okay with 2021 or 2022 if it makes the game even better as long as this game is outrageously brutal and immersive. Thank you for your time if you read this and I'm very much looking forward to how this game turns out :)

Last edited:
To @LilOcean
Hi,
I think that what you described would definitely add immersion and depth, but also make you spend more time in front of monitor instead of outdoor.
Don't take this as some "mum" lecturing, but that's what real life is for.
Games should have defined borders, both immersion and mechanic and basically give player opportunity to try something, which he is unable to do normally.

But, you know, sitting with virtual reality glasses, getting epileptic syndromes and smashing all things around by moving your hands fanatically,
that's just not the way.

I think main criteria for game should be story. If you want talking machine, or AI responding to everything you do, it's both impossible and non ethical (very abstractly taken).
But that's just my opinion.

LilOcean;n7838700 said:
I know that this might be too late now, but for a long time now I have dreamt of a game where you could talk to the NCP's. I would like to be able to either use my keyboard or my microphone to talk to anyone in the game and have them uniquely respond to me. I think it would add a whole new dimension to exploring the world as you could get to know the people around you as well. Imagine a mission where you have to get past guards to go into a certain area, and when you speak to them it could pick up keywords that they could react to by either letting you in or kicking you out. This could make missions very interesting, but at the same time when you're just in free roam having fun you can approach people and just pass time by talking to them. For example maybe implement an AI bot like clever bot. I'm not expecting this to be perfect, because this may be very difficult to achieve, but small details like this could set this game aside from the rest and make it a new unique feature that would add hours of extra fun. Maybe depending on NCP's personalities and moods they will react differently to you. Also please no cut scenes to talk to characters, I should be able to talk to a NCP by looking in his direction. But I also want to be able to talk to a group by looking in their general direction. I want a diverse range of NCPS, from religions, to class, to their hobbies to make you want to find out more about them.

If this could be implemented well enough, then you could also add AI companions who would accompany you in missions if you call them up. They should lead their own lives and be unavailable sometimes since they have things to. Maybe you could befriend people on the street, somewhat like the sims and add them to your contact list, this could also have advantages as some people might help you get better deals for implants or unique weapons and clothes. While on missions you could also talk to them and give them instructions. Open world games can start to feel lonely and boring after a while but a feature like this could entertain you and keep you immersed. Maybe add the ability to meet people online and then set up a meeting. Give AI their own skills so you will want to befriend them and take them on missions. Make me feel like the NCP's around me are living breathing people with their own ideas. Let us be able to emote in a similar way to watch dogs 2 to get a reaction out of NCP's, just for fun.

Also I would like the world to be filled with items you can interact with and not static and boring where I can only follow my mission, I should be able to pick up a beer bottle and smash it over someones head in a bar, I should be able to pick up a piece of debris and use it as a weapon as a last resort. Also if possible, I want almost all the buildings in this game to be enterable with lots of easter eggs and secrets to find. Even some fun mini games and puzzles in unique locations. I think destructible buildings could also make the game more realistic if you launch a rocket at an enemy and it misses, it should destroy the wall behind him. This also means that the physics of the game has to be able to handle this. I want the game to also have some parkour, I think this would be a great feature because in a vertical city with lots of layers, I should have the option to climb up if I want, just imagine climbing up to some high rise buildings and jumping onto a flying car and hijacking it.

Also as this is an adult game, I should be able to indulge in both legal in illegal drugs, they should all have benefits but some should also have some drawbacks. For some drugs id like effects on my screen to make me feel impaired, I should have NCP's react to my impaired behavior based on how intoxicated I am, also these drugs could give you special abilities for a certain time but illegal drugs could become addictive if used too often. I should also be able to have girlfriends and be able to buy apartments and houses to take her home to. Hey, im all for personal waifus in the game who can defend your home xD I think adding an internet to this game would make it interesting as well, maybe have the deep web as well to buy drugs and weapons from the black market.
This!!! Please this!!! All of it!!! CDPR pleeeaaassseee!!!! I will be your best friend. Ooh and seats! Add seats! That way i can go to a club or a bar and just sit down and relax. Maybe have seats around the world so i can sit down and look beside me to the girl sitting next to me. Then i can be all awkward and say that i like her face. How freaking awesome would that be?! I heard this game will be both 3rd person and 1st person so i would not be able to stop laughing at her reaction. I really hope to hear from you guys soon. The suspense is killing me!

Hello again, I have many hopes placed in this game, so I will put here the things that should have, so that those who consider us to be able to enjoy it.

1: A total translation into my language, in this case Spanish, because it is the second most spoken language in the world.

2: In order for the experience to be as close to the role of paper and pencil, the game should include tools with which to make a dice roll. And facilitate the possibility that players can be a game master.

3: I want to emphasize that I think it is very important that you can choose to have game master, so that they can have npc's, with which to set to guide, and somehow reward players with experience points or something similar.

4: I also think it would be very important, that players can create our own cities, in a totally personalized way. If we add the first three points, no doubt Cyberpunk will go down in history as one of the best rpg of all time.

5: Finally a somewhat more delicate subject. I think it would be important that if it is possible to create cities (Worlds), in which an interpretive role of pj is requested, it can only be accessed by having a mouse and keyboard connected, even though it is accessed from a game console.

Well, nothing more, writes someone who enjoys the multiplayer experiences of interpretive role, and is aware that today this genre is not very fashionable, because of its complexity when it comes to imagining how the alter ego would act, and By translating this by typing with the keyboard.

Marcin_Momot;n27152 said:
We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

I would like a reputation system in a game, it seemed vague in the Witcher 3, like if your beard was too long people, would react to you differently, In Cyberpunk 2077 I would like people to recognize you, say for instance, you kill a man in the street and are thrown in prison, then escape somehow, people on the street would whisper to each other " Hey, that's the one who killed Jessica's boy, stay away from him" or you go to a brothel and buy a prostitute, and then later in the game you have to talk to a wealthy sleazebag, they would say something along the lines of " Wait... I saw you with that pretty little red head at the Rev Head Drink and Dope awhile back didn't I?" A way that the environment would see you and your reactions, say if you buy a lot of houses in a city, people who move into those houses or live around them would say to you " Hey dont you live near 4th street, yeah, your dog keeps shitting on my lawn" Or in a better circumstance, your character goes to a bar ten times, and the bar tender will just give you your regular order of beer, if you visit thirty times the bartender will reserve your stool, fifty times and the bartender will give you a nickname based on what you ware or do, one hundred times and everyone at the bar will recognize you. A system of recognition by the NPC's, a way that will mold your character outside of your mind, the game world itself will be affected by the character.

Skyrant;n1278224 said:
Depending on which side you choose to be on, make it either Deus Ex Corporate shiny and smooth or Dark, Gritty and Dreadful.

Full implant and software system. Cyber Psychosis is a must have for the metalheadz and should impact gameplay. Customizable weapons and weapon enhancing implants. Vehicles, Vehicle implants and skills. The focus should be on customizability. As an extreme example, if i want a dildo replacing my hand to beat people to a pulp, then let me have it.

I have no doubt that this is in good hands seeing how you handled the Witcher games! Keep up the great work.

-- They should make cybernetics optional, like in Dishonored 2 you can refuse the outsiders powers, go the route of Too Human ( yeah I actually played it ) Make the character choose the route of Cybernetics or humanity, if they choose cyber, they get lots of advancements in combat and so on, if they choose human, make people look at them in awe and have others value their uncontaminated body, they would rely on companions and player skill and the game would be 30% harder, make the people without cybernetics a circle of elite individuals and have a charisma boost. it would make the player's character more defined in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom