Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first of all I'm very excited about this new game since i think CDPR is a good game dev, and now my idea, I think that i think that would be great a good mobility and movement, im gonna explain this, it is not necessary that all the scenario is accesible (like you can't climb a certain building because it is completely flat), but it will be great that if i see a ledge that i can reach, my character can do it as well and things like this, if i see something that i can climb or jump on in the reality, why a videogame character may not be able to do the same? I really want the movement to be intuitive and climbing and jumping as well, because for me (however this might be personal preference) is really a disappointment when you see a jump that you could do but your character for some weird reason is not able to perform, i know that collisions and all that stuff ain't easy but it will be great if this happens in the game, thanks for your attention.

Thoughts on things I want to see in a RPG, part II.

My first post was mostly about how the character affects the world and how it has sustaining repercussions. This one is more about the character him/herself. While the character creation should be robust, it should be equally robust for modifying the character during the game itself. Especially with the presence of cybernetics, bodymods, plastic surgeons, holographic interfaces, VR overlays, etc. It made me realize that the character could (and SHOULD if they are your mercenary for hire type) have different personas within the game itself. Something like disguises, but on a number of levels.

1) Let's start with base appearance. In the character creation screen at the start of the game, scars and eyecolor and all, whatever the player makes is the character's game world identity for photographs when they begin. This is the face on the Visitor pass plastic cards, their ID, all their above-the-board identification. But this appearance CAN change over the course of the game. Let's consider cybernetics for a moment: some high-end cybernetic eyes may be impossible to tell from the real thing; however, others may not. This changes the base appearance value and how recognizable a person is as the person on their ID until it is updated. The more mods before an update, the harder it is for people to recognize you on sight. This can be both good and bad. If you are Wanted, it can make it harder for authorities to identify you if they are using an outdated identification photo or bit of old video feed. There should be hidden values for facial/body recognition that change the more the player changes their look/body in game.

2) Subdermal identification chips are inevitable in such a technologically based society, though those too can be changed, spoofed, or their broadcast altered with some work. This is easier to manage, though there are consequences for removing the chip entirely or being found with an altered identification. Mostly for 'dumb' computer identification methods but they are EVERYWHERE. Subway token booths, checkpoint doorways in higher security buildings, airports, etc. Not a big deal, but one to keep in mind unless it's how AR tracks you. Then it's on every single corner everywhere. Which leads me to...

3) Augmented reality identity is like a sideways tangent into an online persona, but not the same as a decker's avatar within the system. Augmented reality is also inevitable in these technological times. Think of them as the computer laying over images into reality constantly through a cybereye or cranial input or something as crude as AR glasses. 'Altered Carbon' does a good job of showing what augmented reality looks like, but doesn't also show that it's likely users would put overlays on themselves. The way the AR interfaces with the player also likely through the subdermal identification chips, but there may be other reasons.

4) Professional identity/Codename. On top of the above, there's how whatever business you interface with identifies you. Some may use your real name/face, others may assign a codename/ID to increase plausible deniability. There can easily be more than one professional alias and reputation (if the player can manage it correctly) to be in good standing with multiple rival organizations at once... until they find out, anyway.

There are others I'm missing but the point is the player shouldn't have just ONE identity but many, layered on top of one of another. That identity changes over time in the game, making it harder to link one to another (or easier if you allow Facebook to link your profiles), and the player would have to keep in mind what identity is going where. Depending on the type of game they are playing, especially with how important information exchange is in this kind of world, it can get very complex very fast. Perhaps this is just more complications for not a lot of enjoyment, but seems odd if police can identify 'Joe Brown' at all times, even if he goes to a bodymod shop and replaces his arms, half of his face, adds six inches in height with elongated cyberlegs, and 40 pounds of synthmuscle under his skin. Just like the player's actions on the world have lasting repercussions and change the world, the players actions to himself change how the world regard him in kind.

I hope there will be less handholding and more interesting systems interacting between each other, like an immersive sim, or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

The dumbing down that happened in The Witcher 3 (they made the alchemy boring, and that was the best system in The Witcher 1, complex and engaging) still bothers me

I belive this game would benefit from the way the way quests were handled in The Witcher 3. The way that main quests were maneged by the player and yet not being in the way of side quests. Altough i belive that punishing the player by not complintg some side quests before reaching a certain point on the game isn't going to benifit the game. In summary, the would benifit form the way guests were handled and should take out the punishement of not complintig side guests before a certain point of the storie.

Bye and may develpment of the go smoothly.

First of all, let me preface this by saying CDPR are the only company I trust with RPG's anymore. They are like the person you can always rely on to be there when you need them. I got WAY too excited for Mass Effect Andromeda and was heartbroken when they hype train crashed into a flaming pile of garbage. As a result, I dont tend to get excited about video games much anymore and I am very picky about the titles I play. When the Witcher series came about I am ashamed to say it passed me by. I didnt know what it was or anything about it. Having played the absolute masterpeice that is The Witcher 3 I am confident that CDPR know what they are doing. They listen to their fans and more importantly they care. Never stop being awesome.

That being said,The excitement for this game is slowly building. I have seen a lot of talk about microtransactions and to be honest, I am not a big user of them but if people like them and use them its their money not mine. As long as they are not splashed across the screen and dont interupt my game im fine with them.

Quests/Missions:

I loved most of the quests in TW3 a few of them were slightly odd but on the whole I enjoyed them. I loved the fact that you could fail a quest too, this was a bold move since most companies are too afraid of letting the player fail. I also loved the fact that if you chose one path it locked out out from another path sometimes without warning. Not only does this add replayability to a game it also means I have to think carefully about my choices when choosing whether to accept a mission. More of this please. I would add that I would rather not have to look out for the big exclamation point to know if someone has a quest/mission or not. I want to overhear it in a bar or whatever or read in in a news feed or something. I would rather have a detailed journal description than a quest pointer.

NPC's/Romance:

While it was great that NPC's had their own daily routines Can we cut down on the more annoying aspects of NPC's? By this I mean the irritating spitting noises that were repeated every 5.6 seconds. It kinda grated after a while. On the subject of romance, please dont throw it at me. Make me work for it and allow me to get to know the person I'm knocking boots with. I would ad that NPC conversations of late seem to be getting stranger. I either cant hear them and it sounds like they are mumbling or its like I am having a totally different conversation and seems very disjointed.

Mini-Games:

I am personally a big fan of mini games. I loved the ones in Assassins Creed, Rage and obviously The Witcher. Its a nice way of earning money and a distraction if I get bored of questing.I would like to see the return of the drinking game from TW1 that was pretty neat. I dont think card games would fit here but I'm sure you guys will come up with something good.

Crafting:

This is a big one for me. I love crafting in games.Crafting in Fallout was always too simplistic for me. For whatever reason it always seems easier in fantasy games than sci-fi. I loved the complexity of the TW1 but I understand why you guys simplified it. I also love it when you need to buy books to learn things it always made sense to me that in order to learn new skills you would have to read the apporopriate books and magazines or be taught by someone who knows. (I've been playing a lot of Cataclysm DDA haha) The main problem I had with crafting in the witcher 3 was I often found a schematic for a level 9 sword, yet by the time I got to level 9 there were often better swords available to me so it was kinda pointless. But I also dont want it to be like DAI's crafting where I felt like I was always playing catch up and the choices were very bloated and didnt always make sense.This is all assuming its even in the game to begin with....

Music:

I do not know from where your magical ability to make superb soundtracks comes from but keep it up.

On an ending note, please please PLEASE take the time and effort to do things properly, which I know you will, people will throw their money at you tenfold.

[Sard Edit: We're gonna pass on the insults around here, thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcin_Momot;n27152 said:
We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

When I played The Witcher III I really enjoyed the way characters you either helped or harmed would make appearances later in the game and how your choices determined their reactions toward Geralt. I would like to see this type if relationship building expanded upon in CP2077.

Did any 1 wrote something about logistics / open world resource synergy?.. Any crafting oriented factions?.. Stock-exchanges?..
If yes then I'll be grateful for directions, if no then I will expand on topic further... I'll expand in both cases but any background / reflections are welcome...

Arkhandroid;n1278206 said:
Yeah, nothing says lame like "freedom of choice" in which being a stealthy hacker results in getting your face pounded in by a jacked up boss...

Unless you can ipmrove your character in every aspect / skill and / or complement charatceristics with additional tools (implants, biochemical compounds, electro-magnetic stimulation / neurointerfaces), then while being hacker to be able to kick some "background_polygon" of certain boss, also that depends on "open world" aspect of environment and aviable tools for interacting with "enemies"... I don't know if lore approves killing by remote hacking of cybernetic implants, but still... Release cargo from conveyour belt by shooting clamps on bad guy bellow it..

As for Crafting: it may be not a best idea to make it lvl dependent becouse most of the stuff will not be engaged on whole scale of gameplay run, instead I prefer material x skill x crafting equipment x quality approach x materials = equip parameters... Character gets better at crafting by... Crafting... But some recipies / recource processing methods may be obtained from specific factions during specific events... (Not only quests, barter is also an option...)
Aspect of crafting equipment scale / potential / precision and other is intertwined with Open World concept structure...
But nevertheless it will be nice to see some street-wise prototyped guns vs industrial corporate engineered stuff, if player will get to work on such...

*Open world like that shown on coco movie .ie it's not that much widespread but it's "VERTICAL WORLD" and for travelling around use suits like that of Ironman or the ones shown in upcoming anthem game.

*Really really "COOL WEAPONS" like in district 9 movie and also that they are highly customizable.weapons like in dredd,bladerunner,bulletstorm etc.
​​​​
​​​
*****some how fit in "ALCHEMY" shown in full metal alchemist and use it as a alternative to hand to hand combat.

​​​​​​
*awesome story line , side quest ,character build up

1. Player housing within the same game world. i.e. limited housing, eg Star Wars Galaxies.

2. Fully Customisation housing eg, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes / City of Villains.

3. Conquest of the city. Factions can pvp / pve for conquest of zones. eg Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

4. Player Governance. Elections, democracy, over use of factions resources, eg Star Wars Galaxies.

5. Creation of player controlled town, cities, zones, eg Star Wars Galaxies.

6. Both 'Auction House' (eg World of Warcraft) and player shops (eg Star Wars galaxies).

7. PvP invasion/defence of player owned housing and bases, eg City of Heroes / City of Villains.

8. AI that acts like they live in the environment, rather than just standing around or walking on a scripted route. AI that interacts and reacts with other AI, and reacts to players.

Cyberpunk is all about people who want to change the world, and the price they are willing to pay for it. Let the player's great deeds -good or bad- appear on the great media (ingame). Let the players got enemies -who will pursue them and ruin their plans or quests- and allies -who give them real adventages in game, as discounts, blackmarket tech, first hand info- if they ern such thing.

Looting system could be made more meaningful. A lot of games have a bad looting system: too much to loot, the loots are not tied to the place where they come from. And looting feels like a chore. Witcher 3 made this a bit different and better, but it could be made faaar better. Make every lootable item more individual in the sense that you can have on you a very limited amount of stuff. Make the items you do find more feel more meaningful, but more far apart. Even though I really loved all the caves and dungeons in witcher 3, there were too many chests in each. One chest is enough, and one meaningful item with maybe 2-3 meaningful crafting materials. When finding crafting materials, it should be logical in the sense that the materials are not ordinary stuff that you can buy from the stores, but rather unique materials that are hard to come by (why would you run around finding ordinary stuff?). 2-3 unique materials per item, and then the rest are bought from the stores cheaply to give the feel that there is a world around you: the sense of a world around you comes when you realize that you are not self-sufficient, and rely on the society to provide necessities and ordinary stuff.

This is still a thing? OP was from years ago. Ah well, it's necroed since yesterday.

1. Meaningful choices in both dialog and actions.
2. Harsh consequences (That can get you PKed early or mid through the game, or even before the final mission if you really bum things up like in a few old school games.)
3: Complex Character Creation with options that make sense for the timeline and lore.
4. Meaningful Romances, Rivalries, and Friendships. (Hookers are fun, but sometimes you want to snuggle up with someone special or play Gwent with an old squadmate or brawl with a jackass who hates you equally. All in one night! Except for the hooker, you don't need that when you have love. :p)
And finally...
5. Smooth combat mechanics that fit the environment, weapons, AI Combat Program.

TBH 1, 2, and 4 are the most important to me. I know it sounds silly to want such trivial, and maybe even childish things. But a story with multiple risks/reward that could end your game early or set you up for life if you work at it would give me a lot of "Player Agency".

LOL and as far as PK goes as I'm sure that would be a big Red Flag and would never be put into a modern game. I'd say it would need to be an "Event" based on your actions like "Is the game flagged as PIRATED"? Mass Kill a bunch of Civilians? Bomb a bar or police station without an actual mission for it to make sense? Maybe even just go around throwing explosives and shooting for no reason? Get flagged and hunted down by an overpowered Psyco Squad :D. If you die, it's game over with saves wiped for that specific character except for the "Starting Mission" save xD. At the least let it be a thing for Pirated Copies so it reeeeally pisses those freeloaders off.

Would love to have an in-game interface assistant who is voice activated ( thinking similar to JARVIS from iron man ) so whilst in play I could use voice activate to check and change info, items, weapons etc without having to manually enter menu screens

Please don't focus the game in darkness side. The Witcher 3 is a good game, but if you check it in details, all the time you are killing people, killing monsters destroying spirits,....please don't focus all the game in negative ideas, kills, and violence. Where is the light side? Where are the positive ideas? sex in the Witcher 3 is more like than unbridled lust in which there is hardly love.

There are good games in the market in which you don't need to kill someone to enjoy playing them.

I finished The Witcher 3 Hearths of Stone and the mouthfeel that you have left is sad and sinister.

I know that it's too dificult to do that, but impossible is nothing.

Last edited:
Well, I will face my suggestions heavily based in the title of the topic. So, my ideas for a dream RPG:
- heavily, I mean, heavily character customisation (clothes, cybernetics, tattoos, earings, make-up, different colors, players weight, face format, lips, nose, eyes, etc.);
- a progress system that advances towards enemies with better I.A. and not just numbers (like The Division) and player skills that amplifies the variety of gameplay types. Additionally, the progress is tied with the pratice of the player (more he/she shoots, better he/she becomes at);
- a loot system that really is unique and rewarding, the more you interact and experiencie the world, more rewarding the findings, but the loot system don't need to be that big as, for example, Diablo series;
- a massive options for gameplay when facing enemies (direct combat, indirect combat, melee combat, stealth, avoiding combat, blowing things up, etc.);
​​​​​- possibilites to buy a home in the RPG;
- above all this, a RPG that feels progression as discovery and opening even more the world, more than just numbers, an experience that you really is progressing.

For now this are my suggestions, hope I can help. :)

You know, what I would really like is if there are a lot of places we could move to to reflect our style. Like in life, I can look up apartments, houses, condos..etc and if I have the money I could buy or rent one out. I would like that in an RPG, instead of having some fixed places, there are a lot of places and as long as I have the money, I could move too and then I could customize the place to my style. Whether it is living in a slum housing project or moving up to a high rise apartment overlooking a city, I want options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom