Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really concerned with recent developments regarding the lack of cyber-psychosis despite transhumanism being a major theme and that it's part of the setting. I hope we can see narrative/roleplay be impacted as we become closer and closer to machines. (For instance, as we a full cyber robotic body then the dialogue will have our voices be more machine like and abrasive and cold, Causing NPCs to react differently based on our personality.) As it would be quite polarizing to have it so people around you are losing their mind but yourself are somehow immune to the rules/setting of the world.

Bloodlines had a similar concept but it was about not violating the masquerade and the more you broke it, it lead to hunters gunning after you. So something like personality changes, NPC disposition and consequences are rather important and integral to maintaining the coherence between narrative,roleplay and gameplay.

I'm sure relationships have already been chewed to death, but I just wanted to add my two cents after reading a bit about the demo that was shown behind closed doors at E3.

First thing that seemed to pop out in the write-ups was that after a mission, the scene jumped back to V's apartment where they had 'company.' I think a female V was being played, so their fling happened to be male. I realize that not everything in the demo is 100% reflective of what is going to take place in the game. It was probably presented is a manner that could quickly show possibilities of what would be available in the final game. So, please feel free to ignore these first couple of paragraphs if this is the case.

However, if there is a possible transition in the final game from the end of a mission back to your apartment after a bit of post-victory coitus, might I suggest having an options where the player can pick their preference for their one-night-stand's gender? If you're playing a homosexual V and are suddenly having members of the opposite sex appear in your bed, it rather negates the choices that the player had made up to that point in creating and roleplaying a character of their choice. Also maybe consider an option to turn this off? Not necessarily to appeal to the prudish, but some people might not think it is in character for their V to pick up random strangers. Maybe not 'normal' for the setting, but not everyone wants their V to be 'normal.'

Romances are always fun, either they be one night stand like the ones you find in the witcher or serious relationships.

If there are going to be any serious relationships in the game, it would be fun if your enemies took your girl/boyfriend as hostage and you have to save them (would have to happen rarely, we don't want any of that "WANT TO GO BOWLING COUSIN?!" like in GTAIV)

I like this idea, but I feel like it would have more meaning if it wasn't just a random event, but rather a scripted story event that made sense in context with things that were happening in the story. Maybe not all of your love interests have kidnapping attempts. Hell, maybe with some of them there are attempts, but your SO is just so badass that they just kick the ass of the group sent to kidnap them and then it's the both of you going to teach them a lesson. A fun little subversion of the damsel in distress trope.

Another thing I'd like to see concerning relationships are traps. No, not guys who dress and look like girls. Though, by all means, feel free to include those and not as a 'joke' as most in the industry seem to do. Actual wait-you're-a-dude?-questioning-my-sexuality cross-dressers/transvestites. I digress. What I'd like to see are certain characters who seem just like any other relationship option, but their true purpose is to persuade you into helping them or their cause or to lure you into traps or doing things that might be dangerous for you to win their affection.

Sex and affection can be a powerful motivator and if you have a character who's really charismatic and attractive, you'll probably have a lot of people falling head-over-heels trying to help them. Even if that character is just using their sexuality to get their help. Sortof like a 'honeypot' or 'honey trap.'

I feel like including characters like this would make people think twice about getting too close to other characters (which I think kindof reflects the somewhat paranoid mood that cyberpunk tends to have.) It would also be a huge shock when players thought they were just jumping through hoops to get with their favorite character when SURPRISE they were just playing you.

Then you have to escape from whatever mess you've gotten yourself in and then maybe start plotting a way to make things right or get even. Or maybe if you are charismatic enough, you can get those characters to fall for you and when the chips are down, you can convince them to become a turncoat and help you out.

Last edited:
. I digress. What I'd like to see are certain characters who seem just like any other relationship option, but their true purpose is to persuade you into helping them or their cause or to lure you into traps or doing things that might be dangerous for you to win their affection.

Yeah, it gives the Love interest agency and adds flavor.

i want to see cyberpunk like
bottom picture

:

It's a mixture of memories of mega drive shadowrun :)

Last edited:
What about mirrors and seeing your reflection? There are a lot of games nowadays that shy away from having actual working mirrors in their games or, even worse, they have mirrors that just don't work right *cough* Mafia 3 *cough*. I understand that from a technical standpoint it's more daunting, but there are some games that get it right and do it very well.
If Cyberpunk 2077 is wanting to be as immersive as I'm led to believe then I don't see how this wouldn't be in the game, but I figured it should be brought up anyway. Are there any reasons why it shouldn't?

What about mirrors and seeing your reflection? There are a lot of games nowadays that shy away from having actual working mirrors in their games or, even worse, they have mirrors that just don't work right *cough* Mafia 3 *cough*. I understand that from a technical standpoint it's more daunting, but there are some games that get it right and do it very well.
If Cyberpunk 2077 is wanting to be as immersive as I'm led to believe then I don't see how this wouldn't be in the game, but I figured it should be brought up anyway. Are there any reasons why it shouldn't?

as there's apparently full body awareness, there should be real reflections as well, at least inside hideouts as seen in gta5 (and uncharted 4, for that matter)

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

So, I know that this thread was created to see what players of the game would most like to see and I have a few ideas.

Feel free to use one or all of these ideas in the game.

One of the things that I loved about the Mass Effect franchise was the way they let you forge relationships/friendships/ alliances with npc’s. I would very much be in favor of seeing an even more fleshed out and nuanced version of that mechanic in CyberPunk 2077.

I want friendships, relationships, and alliances to mean something and I want to have to work to both establish and maintain those relationships. Don’t get me wrong...the one night stand option sounds awesome and I love that you are incorporating it into the game, but I’m also hoping for the option to really develop a long-term romance with an npc who is a fully fleshed out character who has their own specific hopes, dreams, and failures.

If I do decide to engage in a long-term relationship I want my love interest to be offended if I do not spend enough time with them or if I attempt to bring another npc back to my apartment.

On that note, would it be possible to have your romantic long-term love interest co-habitate with you? There could even be the option to have them accompany you on some missions in a support role or to provide cover fire or a way out of a dicey mission. Maybe you could implement a “trust” meter into the romantic love interest so that we would need to work to make sure their trust level was high enough to take on missions so we could be certain that would not betray us.

The npc might actually be in love with our character, but not approve of how we make our money via high risk missions. Maybe they want us to live a more mundane life and as such we would need to hide our missions and lifestyle from our romantic interest in the game. The possibilities are endless.

Another member had made note of potentially having your romantic interest be in danger of being kidnapped by a mega-corporation or booster crew. Maybe they are trying to blackmail you to take a mission which is particularly dangerous, or they could be looking for a ransom. As the player you may have to take a high risk mission you otherwise would reject, or you could take other missions to raise the capital to get your romance partner back.

I also really like the idea of fleshing out allegiances to various factions in the game. Maybe by doing a certain number of jobs for Arasaka you get to a point where they feel like you are a loyal affiliate. Such a position could open up previously locked option trees to money, equipment, resources, or information. Such a relationship might also cause various mega-corporations to view you negatively because you spend so much of your time working to benefit and empower one mega-corp over another. Maybe it’s better to play the field, maybe it’s better to stay loyal to one company. The choice is yours.

I also like the idea of having to venture out into Night City to pull together or investigate various components of info to figure out what missions to take. Maybe someone calls you up to offer you a mission and you tell them you need 24 hours to check it out. You might then contract the services of a net-runner, black market information dealer, or snitch to get more information about a specific target or job.

I will update this with more ideas as they come to me.

I hope suicide/depression is a theme to be explored. After all i'm sure they're is plenty of people who would experience such in a decadent defunct society. Which could snowball into heavy drug use etc.

I hope suicide/depression is a theme to be explored. After all i'm sure they're is plenty of people who would experience such in a decadent defunct society. Which could snowball into heavy drug use etc.

Would need to be done in a meaningful way. they may not have time/resources/will to do it, and if they don't, i hope they then don't do it at all.

Would need to be done in a meaningful way. they may not have time/resources/will to do it, and if they don't, i hope they then don't do it at all.

You can say that for about any suggestion though. Of course you do it right though, but that goes without saying. Somewhat implicit. Just seems like these topics are important in the medium that employees them. (Dark settings.)

You can say that for about any suggestion though. Of course you do it right though, but that goes without saying. Somewhat implicit. Just seems like these topics are important in the medium that employees them. (Dark settings.)

I mean it in a "if the game isn't about that, it's probably not worth shoe horning in as a side quest that has to gloss over parts of it" kind of way.

I mean it in a "if the game isn't about that, it's probably not worth shoe horning in as a side quest that has to gloss over parts of it" kind of way.

Dunno, i think it's probably an important topic considering people are losing their minds to cyber psychosis. Also they did do something similar in witcher 3 with bloody baron. You had abuse and all sorts of unsavory stuff to experience. It was really enjoyable in that way where you can look at it and think "wow, that is so true to real life" making it a more enjoyable experience and lets keeps you in the world rather than a viewer. It's also probably the philosophy that guided them into making the perspective first person. I also remember them talking about the players problem and trying to build narratives around emotions and keeping on the low level. So it's likely to see elements of depression be reflected in it's characters.

But, we will have to wait and see more from press statements and CDPR themselves.

Some quests or jobs where your just doing a mundane job, like a bouncer or doing security for a fixer/corp.
I remember in FONV where you were a bouncer for a gun seller and it really helped ground me in the world, and made it feel more real.
It could eve be repeatable so to feel like a real job and could resolve in a more meaningful quest to finish up.

it would also provide small injection of ED for those flash new implants ;)

Some quests or jobs where your just doing a mundane job, like a bouncer or doing security for a fixer/corp.
I remember in FONV where you were a bouncer for a gun seller and it really helped ground me in the world, and made it feel more real.
It could eve be repeatable so to feel like a real job and could resolve in a more meaningful quest to finish up.

it would also provide small injection of ED for those flash new implants ;)

I want at least one of the options being something like exotic dancer or drug dealer. Maybe have it so the immediately available jobs are also the least moral?

Not even sure CDPR are still reading these things? but in case they are here is a suggestion :D

Since its going to contain adults content. I hope they will integrate it better into the game than its done in most game that "dares" to venture down this path, so rather than keeping it as a separate part of the game without any real integration with the rest. I think it would be cool if it could give player access to certain information, maybe if the player hook up with a gang member, they could get some inside knowledge about that gang, some of its other important members etc. or maybe just some lore or maybe this information could then be used during missions or something as options.

Other ideas could be lore or knowledge about certain buildings, whats going on around the city. Maybe if the player go steady with a certain NPC (I believe that is possible?), this NPC knows a dealer which will then give the player a small discount or something while they are together. Basically just minor things that make this adult content actually feel as if its part of the real game.

In the Witcher 3 where you can go and have fun with some girls, at that place in the big city, can't remember what its called. its sort of fun that you can do it, but as with most other games, its just feel like they wanted it to be there, as an option, but no one seems to have really thought, how it could be made part of the game and the world in a good way so it feels natural to that universe. which makes it a bit pointless. So better integration into the game would be nice, but nothing that would force the player to do it, should they choose to avoid this. Meaning that if you prefer not to, it will hardly have any impact on the game experience. I would expect there to be places simply like in the witcher 3 in Cyberpunk as well, based on the trailer and information, so that fine as well. But should they make it more "advanced" then something as suggested above could be cool I think.

Also like the idea of mundane jobs, maybe just to earn some quick money or something.

Yep I'd love the see the 50 minute closed door session released on the YouTube by the company ;)
I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually but sooner is better for me. :)

I'm sure this has been mentioned earlier but to be sure:
What i'm really hoping to see, is a cool nightclub with lots of 80's bright neon lights and lasers. With a New retro Wave / Synth wave - sound. Something like this:

Where you as a player can get away from all the troubles of Nightcity and have a good time. Or can you...? ;)
So looking forward to this game!

Last edited:
Constantly living on the edge and expecting danger at every corner in the Cyberpunk world is stressful and because of it the main character could also be under influence of stress indicator, which could be visualized as a bar - much like the health bar. Almost anything could influence it and either decrease the level of stress or increase it (bad obviously). Missions could only increase the stress level, depending on the outcome - successful=low stress gain/unsuccessful=high stress gain, whether or not your health bar dropped to critical level at some point and how long you left it like that before replenishing health, bluffs during dialogues could also increase it (perhaps even if successful). Playing during the night would have some additional modifier to the amount of stress you get like x1.5. Even just being a witness of some events during a casual walk to the night club, like gang fight or a far away explosion would also impact the stress bar.

Some side activities could on the other hand lower the stress bar, also having sex would be beneficial of course, sleeping, eating etc. Developing your long term relationship could have the biggest impact and even block the stress bar from reaching last stages if the two of you would be in a happy relationship.
Cool stat could be highly connected to the stress indicator, it could provide some resistance against stress increasing events.

High level of stress could:
1. Influence your dialogue options by locking some of them or even causing the character to often respond differently than what you would choose.
2. Decrease your overall battle performance, the higher the stress level the more penalties you would receive to your combat stats. There could be a couple of stages, reaching each stage of the stress level, would show a warning, informing players what penalties have been applied or soon will be, if they won't do something about it.

Low level of stress would work in your favor obviously, by unlocking hidden dialogue options, make you look more attractive to others and providing certain combat perks.

I understand it may not even be a good idea to add something as complicated as this to the game and it could be a drag rather than a nice bonus to the entire adventure. However if you think this is a good idea, give this post a like and thanks for reading!

Guest 4315646

Completely comedic moments, The game can't possibly be serious all the time and it's more human to have completely silly moments.

Like in the Witcher 3 one of the quests was a cast iron pan.

Or how if you lost in Gwent at a certain point, you had to wear silly ears. I really liked that.

and Villians, please please please PLEASE do not make them black and white. A good villian always has one or two redeeming qualities and still chooses to be a jerk.

Romance, Don't limit anything to "This one only dates women," or "This one only dates Androids" If you make everyone date everyone, you will have less complaints that way. And no jealousy system, that's just silly.

Also, don't forget the easter eggs. I loved them in the Witcher, I am sure to love them in Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

Looking forward to the pre order incentives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom