Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In another other nother post, I suddenly felt like it might be an interesting idea if there were a side quest chain that unlocks access to a Night City street racer scene.
I think it's been mentioned that various cars can be bought and/or stolen, but, also customized. It might be fun if the customization of a car extended beyond aesthetic and into things like performance, and other accessories.
For a street racer scene, one could wind up with a fixer specifically for that activity where the player gets directed to show up at a certain place in Night City (different places at different times) to race against gangers, and independents for eddies, fun, and prizes.
It could be one of those infinitely repetitive things that's entirely non-essential to the game, but, there none-the-less for folks what might maybe like that sort of thing.
Additionally, as we saw demonstrated in the demo gameplay video, races could involve a Deathrace 2000 element with racers gunning at each other, but, that could also be an optional type of race where the player can choose a race that's just a straight driving race, or, choose a Deathrace 2000 style race.

I suspect everything in this game engine is fully capable of realizing such a mechanic, and, perhaps some of the writers have already thought of this. If not, and a street racer scene isn't to be found in Night City, or rolled out in a DLC, I'm now a little hopeful there's sufficient modding support that such a thing can get got made.

I suspect it'd play well in single player, but, also, if multiplayer features are eventually added, a street racing scene in Night City could add some additional variety to activities available other than the primary classical quest model.

I like ideas like this because it adds value to the existing features. More reasons to use those features. And races could be one of many reasons to do that. Maybe V is a smuggler. Maybe has to earn the respect of Nomads. Maybe V has to build a sweet ride for someone to use or to impress them. Maybe V runs a chop shop.

If the funcationality exists, then good quest deisgners can come up with a host of fun scenarios to use them.
Post automatically merged:

The worry i have about becoming a dealer is censorship in my country ( Australia ) wont allow the game for sale uncut . I believe they will be more tolerant to nudity and violence but not to drugs . Potions in TW3 ( shh ) were drugs under different name , so i am hopeful that they can get thru again but there is no way a dealer would pass . I know that is mine and other Aussies problem and not so much for the rest of the world .

Yeah Oz is pretty conservative regarding their rating systems and censorship. I think it's safe to say that CDPR would be willing to adjust the game as needed to avoid a ban. I just hope they don't feel the need to take a "lowest common denominator" approach to content censorship.

Last time I elaborated on a few realistic concepts of what I'd like to see in MechWarrior 5, in the Dropshipcommand forums... the very same concepts ended up in MechAssault 2.

For this game... oh man. Who is qualified to draw up a list? phew. I recall reading somewhere that in order to get riled up for this game, the development team (or some part of it) went out and watched Ghost in the Shell, and Blade Runner, etc. My question is: Did they watch the entire original series? Did they watch Both bladerunners? Did they play some ShadowRun? Deus Ex? Psi-ops? Older games?
What did they watch? What did they read? I'd first like to know what kind of cyberpunk/cybertech knowledge the team collectively had. Do I think of asking them to read/watch/play all the good stuff they missed? Yes. Will I? No. Devs be devs and its alot of work, I'd rather leave them alone. Please keep plugging along on the game.

What NOT to waste time on: no Achievements or collection lists.
There should NOT be devtime wasted scattering assets around the game that would only add to the maximum playtime. We don't want a 500 hour game if 300 of the hours might cause suicidal thoughts, get people fired, or just lose grip on reality. If it's boring, ditch it. If its grinding, its boring. If its grinding and you might get some kind of sweet item, so what, don't drag us through a low-quality experience in order to achieve some good item. All experiences should be amazing and something we would talk about every day at work/school/twitch/youtube, etc. Could we find easter eggs everywhere? YES PLEASE. Thank Halliday if you can task someone to hide amazing things in the game to be randomly found.

I also want to say no repeatable quests.
There shouldn't be "dailies" or some quest that you always go back to that one sheister to get a gritty job from that takes you somewhere to kill X and report back. If only the quest was simple but the actual sequence of completion was randomized. Something like a tileset map. If a quest can be comprised of 5 segments for example, and those are all randomized, it makes it more difficult to feel like we have "done this before". I think that would be a 5-star feature and enter the "QuadrA" title landscape (AAAA). Had to do a search... and found someone already addressed this lack. Check it!

OK also we want environment manipulation, not just destruction.
More things to do in the world. Can we... strip component parts from things we find? If people are looking we get busted... if theres no one around we can try to salvage/disassemble... tougher the part the higher the difficulty (that we need Ranks in something to be able to better succeed at) and the longer it takes to make the attempt. Can we use things in our environment? Can we say... add a doodad to a streetlight so that we can make it turn colors on command? Put small explosives on something flammable to create larger booms. Play around with a swingline launcher so we can setup unique escape routes? Or that we can send bombs down? Can we weld? Drill? Unscrew panels, fiddle with whats inside?

No unlimited inventory. You should not be able to switch between 10 weapons at will. Just my peeve. In other games, eeehh. But in this game.. where its primarily a vertical-urban environment, I think the mission details would let us know enough to determine what kind of loadout we might want to take. If most missions are like this, then the carry-limit concept should work.

NPC immersion. Not walking zombies.
Will NPC's raid our stash house? and is that detectable? Is it preventable? Can we bait and ambush them instead? Will we have a calendar next to our email box? can we schedule events with other NPC's? That'd be a first huh? We ask so-and-so to meet us at the spot on Thursday, they agree, and we get a reminder about it. Then sometimes they show, or it's someone else, or they don't show up or return calls, or they need to reschedule. Shake it up and put in something that A) isn't tough to implement, B) aligns with more than 65% of all WIP (depends on % of completion and % of chance that existing mechanics are mostly final) and supports the mission and game flow, and C) brings a new dynamic to games that hasn't been done before.

VR support. Is this 2077 world something we can immerse ourselves into with a relatively inexpensive VR rig, and then CDPR keeps expanding the game world over time.

Explore advanced technologies.
Vertical Farms. Been tracking this concept for years now and I'd like to see some quests in the game that lead you into a vertical farm building. Giant multistory cylindrical (or sun facing?) buildings of some clear material covered in transparent layers of solar collection film that showcases a concept that hasn't matured in our time yet. Autofarms that produce high yields of vegetables and crops that grow under more than the usual hours of sunlight with advanced nutrient pipelines in a clean but dense growing environment. We aren't there yet now but should be by then.

Fusion reactors. ITER.org is due to fire up in 2023 or so, and maybe after 5-10 years commercial versions might start to be built here and there. By 2077 fusion power should be prolific. Explore the tech chain properly! Fusion = plasma. (spiderman 2 people...). Nearly unlimited world power will = breakthroughs. Powered roads for electric cars. Spaceships that can lift off under their own power. Plasma engine retrofits for existing planes turning them trans-atmospheric. A better grasp of...

Magnetism. Or electromagnetism. With cheaper, limitless power... lots of possibilities. Railguns, plasma rifles, magnetic rounds, shaped charges, Needle-less injections, door breaching tools, magnetic jaws-of-life, magnetic trash compactors, encapsulated laser bolts, force fields, anti-dust screens, space elevator that uses ratcheting magnetics as a kind of chainless chain-drive, frictionless joints in industrial/construction equipment, Mech's, bots, building safety systems that catch falling debris in mag-nets (chuckle), etc. etc. I can go all day but my boss tells me that I need to remind myself that I'm human.

I'll pick this up later.

I think there`s zero chance CDPR or the censors are going to let V become a drug dealer .

If the drug in question is a fictional one or just boosters or even selling cyber ware that is illegal. All I meant to say is I want to actually make money by trading wares dynamically outside of the mission structure system.

Mainly what I hope CDPR really needs to understand is, there is immense value in longevity of the game if pple can find activity which is truly open ended and has no direction what soever. When I first experienced GTA all I wanted to do is real life stuff like get a job, buy a house, buy a club, sell stuff like cars.....

Many pple will now joke and say its not a simulation. But in a game world as cool as CP2077, that has true star quality as a character, self driven directive can contribute immensely towards its credibility and thus its regard as a valuable entity.

Also, as a separate but truly awesome idea for the game, a true mechanic for stolen goods possibly in general, but most importantly for stolen vehicles.

If we steal a car it will become registered as stolen so if we get in trouble and are caught in it we will acquire a criminal or wanted state or be fined.

The mechanic I envision is possibly in a later state of the game when we make a needed contact, we could take a car and pay a reasonable sum to hack its status to true ownership.

This would free us of the possibility of being incriminated by a random police check (also needed as mechanic ^^)
but to make it work it would need to require a substantial effort to achieve so it doesnt become to easy or common an option to instantly secure all stolen assets.

This would make players carefully consider which Items they choose to invest effort into stealing.

When selling said item, it not being registered as stolen could also greatly increase its value.

Last edited:
Related to that, there was a comment on car modification features (that one was about street racing specifically) that I think could add to player choice. One possible use of such a system could be V getting involved in a chop shop for stolen vehicles.

Related to that, there was a comment on car modification features (that one was about street racing specifically) that I think could add to player choice. One possible use of such a system could be V getting involved in a chop shop for stolen vehicles.

Yeah thats what I was implying on, a chop shop basically.

There are a host of ways that such a feature could add value and player options. Some off the cuff examples from #3683 were:

"Maybe V is a smuggler. Maybe has to earn the respect of Nomads (vehicular). Maybe V has to build a sweet ride for someone to use (or as a gift) or to impress them. Maybe V runs a chop shop."

If the functionality exists, then good quest designers can come up with a host of fun scenarios to use them.

I like ideas like this because it adds value to the existing features. More reasons to use those features. And races could be one of many reasons to do that. Maybe V is a smuggler. Maybe has to earn the respect of Nomads. Maybe V has to build a sweet ride for someone to use or to impress them. Maybe V runs a chop shop.

If the funcationality exists, then good quest deisgners can come up with a host of fun scenarios to use them.

Referring back to the street racing scene, AND this, yes. There are car-related subcultures in the real world. There's even a Hollywood blockbuster movie series dedicated to some fantasy versions of such car-related subcultures with A-list movie stars.
If the game engine mechanics allow for it, there's a ton of potential for an entire car-subculture related section, or DLC in-game.
Granted, this isn't a car game, and the team working on CP 2077 probably doesn't want to give over too much time to developing a ton of stories related to or leaning too heavily on car-subculture, but, if they outlined enough value-added detail, activities, and a side-quest or two, the modding community (if that's even allowed) could go pretty nuts with expansions.

Similar can go for net-runners, and techs, with little side quests that are drone and net-runner only affairs, things that speak to and encourage each style of play available so those that just want to run around and shoot stuff might find they're missing out on some substantial portions of game play, even if one can technically complete the (main story line) game by just running around and shooting stuff. Let's see some missions where you don't get paid if anyone in the mission area is killed by your character; leaning heavy on a stealth, technical, talk, or otherwise more finesse approach.

Sure, running around and shooting stuff in progressively newer and cooler ways with newer and cooler weapons with the aid of newer and cooler cyberware in a game has it's appeal, BUT, I certainly hope there's enough variety in activities and quests in the game that actually discourage or limit the old SHOOT ALL TEH THINGSES approach.
If all ya want to do is shoot all the things, using all the weapons, then, I might be wrong, but, I think there's games out there that already do that.

Anyway, here's to hoping for such kinds of variety.

Last edited:
I agree completely.

Regarding car culture, I'm part of that culture IRL (on and off the track) and spent years working on racing games in my career. So I can think of a million ways to stretch that angle were CDPR to go that way. I think Nomads in particular would be a great expansion (post release) to delve deeper into that idea, while remaining true to Pondsmith's vision of Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
I agree completely.

Regarding car culture, I'm part of that culture IRL (on and off the track) and spent years working on racing games in my career. So I can think of a million ways to stetch that angle were CDPR to go that way. I think Nomads in particular would be a great expansion (post release) to delve deeper into that idea, while remaining true to Pondsmith's vision of Cyberpunk.

That's another reason I'm always plugging the modding community and strong modding support.
We all have stories and features we'd love to see, but, there's a bazillion different things, and the CP 2077 team isn't going to satisfy even a fraction of those wants without going off the rails and losing track of the central theme of the game, or even have time for the many ancillary features and stories Night City could play host to.
Brief nods in those directions, however, with enough underlying game mechanics that can be leveraged by the modding community could go that extra step.
Buy CP 2077, and all the DLCs, and as an extra side-feature, you get 20 hundred dozen other in-game "games", features, and customizations if one plugs into the modding community, and that only adds extra incentive for purchase.
After CP 2077, when the game wins all the awards, and makes all the money, CDPR is going to want to have another go at the world of Cyberpunk, and, if strong modding support is there for CP 2077, that could serve as an incubator for talent, a recruitment tool for the next chapter where mod authors get auditioned without knowing it by publishing quality material and stories, and/or get queries and permission waivers about using popular ideas they've developed in the next game.
We saw that with base building with a mod for FO:New Vegas when FO4 mysteriously added that very same feature on launch as a central part of the game.
Whatever the case, there's much benefit for players, as well as some non-immediate, mostly transparent advantages for the developers.

Sure, running around and shooting stuff in progressively newer and cooler ways with newer and cooler weapons with the aid of newer and cooler cyberware in a game has it's appeal, BUT, I certainly hope there's enough variety in activities and quests in the game that actually discourage or limit the old SHOOT ALL TEH THINGSES approach.
One of my concerns as well.

It's Night City so I don't expect a non-violent playthru to be possible but I'd like to have non-kill-them-all options at least half the time.

I'd love to see some sort of investigation side missions where a contact can hire you to go and find out why certain situations have happened like why some of their faction got hit and look at the evidence find out who did it and either take care of that person or report it back to your contact.

Could find out why someones convoys or couriers are getting hit or maybe try find a serial killer who fries people when they jack in, try to lure them out into the open.

Other than that I just want some cool side activities related to the night life of night city like bars, maybe an arcade or something cool like that. Maybe going to watch a fight.

My idea machine is cooking:

EDIT: My silly self wrote about Braindance without really understanding what braindance is, so, please, for the following post, replace "braindance" with whatever the Cyberpunk 2077 terminology is for full-featured VR ... or, maybe braindance could still apply? I don't know. The idea for a virtual-world Matrix-like experience inside the game, nodding as a tradition all the way to Shakespeare writing a play within a play, still stands. It's an old time honored device and could plausibly work in this setting /Edit

Braindance is a thing in CP 2077. As I understand the concept, it's like VR, but ... more, perhaps with haptic feedback and 3D smell-o-vision. It's also rumored to be addictive, and, is additionally rumored as a Matrix solution for convicted criminals to cool their heels kicking rocks in a virtual world until they've learned their lesson.

Okay, so, first, I personally find it annoying AF when you've acquired a bunch of cool things and abilities in a main quest line, and then, for whatever reason, ALL of that gets taken away until you complete that particular quest.
I can see braindance getting used this way, but, I'd prefer it if it was part of a non-essential SIDE QUEST.

What I think would be cool: You're hired to rescue a client trapped in braindance.
Their brain has been hacked, and "kidnapped" by luring them into a braindance world where the kidnappers are demanding a ransom, or they burn the victim's cortex ... or, some other explanation.
There's already some other team trying to trackdown the "kidnappers", but, you've been hired, specifically, to enter the braindance, and try to rescue the mind of the victim from the inside.
You call on the help of your netrunner connection TBug, or whomever, and get jacked into the braindance world.
From there, it gets weird.
You can pick from several archetype character avatars that will work in the braindance, each with their own specific specializations, equipment, abilities and skills. Only one will have the right tools to save the day, but, you don't know which one, and, if you fail with one archetype, you can try again with the same, and/or choose another archetype.
This can force the player to explore different ways of completing a mission with a more focused approach on narrow specialization.
The braindance world could present itself as indistinguishable from the "real" world setting of Night City, or, if the devs wanted to, they could Easter Egg the Eff out of all the old Witcher assets and make the braindance experience into a Swords and Sorcery Fantasy landscape.
I'm a little partial to mixing up CP 2077 by having the latter Witcher assets get used for a braindance quest.
It could even be a classical fairy-tale save the princess thing where your kindnapped client, regardless gender, is the princess ... or, even the big baddie guarding the princess for a bit of a twist, and you, don't really know how the trapped client is represented inside the braindance, so, there's the danger of killing the client if the wrong braindance NPCs are dealt with harshly.

Additional EDIT: Extra nextra story/quest twisty - the mind you just saved from VR prison wasn't actually "kidnapped", but, is a dangerous AI the contact that hired you discovered and is serving after discovering it, that was locked away long ago in the VR logic loop prison then eventually forgotten, and the body you thought was the human body of your client is actually a sophisticated especially modified human-passable High-end Gemini Borg full-body job, possibly Raven Microcybernetics Ghost "Black Raven" (modified for AI instead of human biopod) variant that's now inhabited and controlled by this dangerous jail-broke AI. Additionally, your jailbreak of this long forgotten dangerous AI triggered forgotten alarms on the net, and now, there's a manhunt for you, and the AI, but, there's still the dangling question of whether the manhunt knows exactly who you are, and you need to take quick action to cover your tracks.
All the exposition detail about the AI, the specially modified high-end human-passable body and what that means, and how very extremely pee your panties right now scary that all is could get relayed by your netrunner friend over comms that was assisting you with the jailbreak that didn't detect any of this earlier due security protocols in place that prevented her seeing what was really happening.
The AI, now in the modified human passable Borg full-body, depending on how you act, could be a potential ally later in the game, or, might snap your neck with just a flick of the wrist depending on how you respond to it once you're back in the real world and it knows you know it's a rogue, dangerous AI. /Edit

The more I think about this, the more I like it.
If anyone knows some dev peeps, and likes this as much as I'm starting to, chirp at them and say; "hey, lookit this".
If it's too late in development to add this as a side quest, it could be a whole DLC thing?

... also, if this braindance the Witcher thing gets to be a thing, I'm not arguing for the WHOLE Witcher game. It's one quest. Stamp out a manageable plot of confined, virtual realestate for that one quest, a few buildings, a cast of characters, different red-herring methods for completing it, and one path that eventually completes.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
That's another reason I'm always plugging the modding community and strong modding support.
We all have stories and features we'd love to see, but, there's a bazillion different things, and the CP 2077 team isn't going to satisfy even a fraction of those wants without going off the rails and losing track of the central theme of the game, or even have time for the many ancillary features and stories Night City could play host to.
Brief nods in those directions, however, with enough underlying game mechanics that can be leveraged by the modding community could go that extra step.

Completely agree. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope some degree of that mod support is available on consoles as well. The console player base for this game is going to be massive, and while it may take digging for a few nuggets of gold, the more modders the better.

It's Night City so I don't expect a non-violent playthru to be possible but I'd like to have non-kill-them-all options at least half the time.

Related to that, I would love to see the Cool stat allow for navigating situations via dialogue as often as possible. Options are good. Fingers crossed for supporting many different play styles. I hope CDPR minimizes the amount of situations that force the player to be a "Murder-Hobo".

Last edited:
Dear CD Projekt Red,

I have an idea for a character/npc/easter-egg. It's name is Ozob:
ozob.jpg

Ozob is a fictional character who had his first appearance on a special episode of RPG in the most famous Brazilian podcast: Nerdcast. With a clown-like appearance and a red granade in place of the nose, Ozob is the most badass replicant ever.H was made by a Clown lover maniac, who imputed him clown memories and information for entertain kids, but he became a Planetarian Miner and also a mercenary. His Sense of humor os acid and dark. The mind behind it is Deive Pazos 'Azaghal', from the site Jovem Nerd, which you have already a partnership in Witcher Wild Hunt times. After this podcast, Azaghal wrote a whole book called 'Ozob: Molotov Protocol'. Since that, Ozob became one of the most famous characters in fiction here. We, brazlians fans, will be very happy if you make this happen :)
I also created an online petition, which I'm trying to get the fans to subscribe to. : https://www.thepetitionsite.com/pt-br/373/417/210/we-want-an-ozob-easter-egg-in-cyberpunk-2077/

Hello Devs Team,
Well how do I start LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I also wants this game to be the best RPG ever made. Well for features that should be available in the game I want it to be like a sandbox but still holding the RPG taste intact. I want some specific features in the game that makes it a RPG Sandbox Masterpiece namely:
-Clothes Store (No repetitive clothes i.e, each clothes will have its unique collection and not a full OUTFIT customizable from head to toe)
-Tattoo Parlour (Having some unique designs CRAZY to be precise :p)
-Mods Shops/Pawn Shops (That place that give us a big edge on customizing STUFF :p)
-Hair Parlour (Place where we can change from our hairstyles, facial hairstyles to eye contacts and even skin tones)
-Restaurants (Place where we can actually eat depending upon the style of the restaurant and actually have an EATING ANIMATION and paying the bill at the counter like in real life)

I know these are really challenging requests but I think these should be there which will make this a MASTERPIECE !!
Thanks,
APexXKevlaR :3

This is part humor, but, also a wee bit serious regarding technological diversity and access to technologies across various socio-economic standards within the Cyberpunk universe.
Certainly, realistically, not everyone has up-to-date tech. In a real world scenario, there'd be at least a small minority of folks running around with busted, old, worn out, out-dated, obsolete tech they bought from a pawn shop.
Hell, there very well could be a fashion clique enamored with "ancient" legacy-tech; vacuum tubes even.
Consider Cyberpunk 2000 tech. It might be interesting to see at least a wee little bit of something like this, if only for a lark, to show that the game and developers aren't afraid to laugh at themselves, and the age old principle of: "If it's stupid, and it works, it's not stupid".
There could be a small few colorful characters scattered around Night City that are simply there to be and do the stupid. One or two, could, perhaps, be old has-beens that might have a quest for you; something that helps them validate their old glory days. :p

Cyberpunk 1980.jpg

Last edited:
During game-play reveal I've seen, that when you shoot, a hit score is displayed each time you hit. Would be there an option to disable those? I know that RPG's have those, but I think it would be nice to make it optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom