Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean games where stealth is a truly viable option, like Deus Ex, Dishonored and the like.
I haven't played the first deus ex, but in HR and MD stealth is the only viable option, shooting is shit. Dishonored has the same concept: you are supposed to play it stealthy. I don't remember any game where you have both options and stealth is more difficult (it doesn't mean they exist, probably just my ignorance)

Ideally, though, as a game designer you want to make sure players don't get screwed because they missed a couple terminals they could have hacked in one mission - because there are no "radiant" style missions where you can just grind out XP, you kinda need to make sure players have a chance later on in the game. I think that's the philosophy behind end-of-mission quest rewards. It sooort of keeps everyone on a similar playing field, even if players have the opportunity to earn more (or less) XP than the average due to missing/not missing various xp-giving actions.

Yeah, of course it can make sense from a game designer point of view (and obviously I'm not, so they know better), but once you decide to limit exp to skills and not "numbers" (HP, damage output), in action RPGs you don't really have the problem of that kind of progression. Decide fixed numbers and you'll need to balance the game only once, not caring about the level the player is supposed to be at that point of the game. Thinking "cyberpunk", give me eddies at the end of main missions and I'll use those to buy cyberware and weapons so I'll get stronger and you, as a game designer, can keep track of what I'm doing. Street creds will limit my mission progression and cyberware options since they limit contractors and vendors. The game designer knows exactly how "strong" I am: given a fixed number of eddies, I must decide which cyberware to buy, exactly like unlocking and equipping skills in TW3, but without breaking immersion, since it makes sense that cyberware brings different perks. I mean, it's the same as XP, why do you need both? Because we're used to it?

But that's just talking for possible future games, since the traditional level system has been already confirmed for CP2077.

While other rpgs almost always have a completely different world make up from the one we live in, 2077 seems not too distant. I'm interested more than anything in the concept of 2077 allowing people to live parallel lives of an almost enhanced version of themselves. ie: could the open world of night city online multiplayer become second life like? vr chat like? I'm going to play single player on loop, but if the multiplayer is like I hope it is then 2077 is going to be a new pocket reality for lots of ppl.

I know this isn't a gameplay mechanic at all, but I would love to be able to pre-download CP2077. Seriously, my internet sucks, I literally don't even get a MB/s when downloading games on Steam. Therefore, I don't want to be stuck downloading what is probably going to be a bigger game than The Witcher 3 while everyone else who doesn't live in the middle of nowhere is already enjoying the game.

Not really something that is needed, but would definitely just be a quality of life thing, as I may even need a day and a half to download CP2077 in it's entirety.

And once again, CDPR, you guys are the best! In a rapidly declining gaming industry you guys are pretty much my last hope for quality games, and most importantly for caring for your customers.

A mechanic from a recent RPG that I enjoyed a lot, more than I expected actually, was the skill (android chips) management from NieR: Automata.

Acquiring chips, fusing them to get improved versions of them and efficiently arranging them was pretty entertaining and engaging.
I know they’re different games but I’d be thrilled if a similar mechanic ended up in Cyberpunk 2077 :ok:

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

If dlc expansions are planned I think a Judge Dredd themed expansion would be amazing. It would be a perfect fit for this setting and could add some cool new mechanics.

Lots of different possibilities for how it could be implemented and the guys at Rebellion seem pretty open to crossovers.

YOUR IDEAS FOR A DREAM RPG
Ever watch Overlord (anime) (the name of the DMMO-RPG in Overlord is YGGDRASIL)
yeh everything in there is my dream rpg (some form of VR that you plug into)
so like (a game of exploration, and so many things were mysteries left unknown for players to discover on their own or in groups. It was a game where all you were told was the controls before being thrown into the deep end. In other words, the special thing about YGGDRASIL was the incredible amount of freedom given to players, compared to any other DMMO-RPGs out there.

YGGDRASIL requires an exclusive console to play, which records logs for the week. Though the game is full virtual reality, it does not provide a sense of taste or smell and has a limited sense of touch. Due to the lack of technology when the game was developed, facial expressions and artificial intelligence are not supported. However, there were statuses like hunger and thirst which existed among players and the mounts they ride on in the game.

The most distinctive feature of YGGDRASIL was its flexible system to allow players to freely make choices. Players could select numerous races, jobs and various tools, allowing for customization in the game. If a player were to use separately sold creator tools, they could freely alter the appearances of weapons, armors, interior data, character visuals, and advanced settings of their in-game residence or home. The customization system was really far-reaching and broad, even allowing basic programming.

When It came to Equipment in YGGDRASIL, one could equip magic items in the following slots: head, face, body, three pieces of jewelry apart from one’s rings, underclothing, arms, hands, left and right rings, waist, legs and feet. Even a suit of full plate armor only counted as taking up the body slot. Players could only put one ring on for each hand. However, by using the power of a Cash Item, players are able to put a ring on each finger. A player could tinker with the game's database by using the creator tools and form original items. One could also buy appearances within the DMMO-RPG. Through doing this, a player is able to create an unlimited variety of original items. After a certain patch was updated into the game, players were given several ways to change their equipment’ appearance without changing their gear.) but i would like a sense of taste and smell and touch as well has the normal sight and hearing. but yeh that's what my dream rpg would be 100% everthing from the anime.

(source: https://overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/YGGDRASIL )

You guys should put Alita: battle angel in the game, as like a skin for V or maybe a dlc playable character. I would pay money to see that
DLCs are ruining the industry and that's the last thing anybody wants. Maybe it can be a mod or part of an expansion pack. (I believe there's a difference between DLC and Expansion Pack)

With regards to it being first person only could you add in like a city walk 3rd person? Where if we're not doing anything and just walking around or what not checking out the city we can put it in third person and if we interact with anyone it'll pan back into first person? Or maybe even a combat Drone that will deploy behind you and Mark your targets for you and you can switch to its view but not control it?

I know it has been said no VR support but if mods are allowed it would be nice if communities like we see at nexus mods were able to make mods to make VR possible with this game. Dunno but this game just begs for VR imo.

Take subnautica for example, it wasn't really made with VR in mind and VR wasn't truly supported yet there's a nice mod that does a bunch of fixes to make VR possible.

I truly think VR is here to stay this time around and will only get better as the prices come down and more people get access to it. I think game devs need to start keeping this in mind tbh.

Guess that's one of my hopes or dreams for this project.

Last edited:
Can we please have different coloured objective/enemy markers? I noticed in the gameplay demo they were all red...
Maybe this was intentional but I found it confusing.
Cheers. Looks like it's going to be epic!

For me the ideal RPG allows you to do what you want if you want to be a hitman for hire you can be that if you want to be a vigilante and kill bad guys you can do that , try to take over the world you have that options but also have to face consequences if you make enemy of the big companys they send hitmans after you the give you mission that ends up being a trap and so on if an so called allie in the gangs trys to kill you to get more influance and reputation he can try and that the game allows you to have some romance

I only hate one thing from futuristic games and that is that there is no freaking old guns and stuff from past like A FREAKING 1911 PISTOL or A OLD PUMP ACTION/DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN that's the only thing i truly want from your game i really really would appreciate if you put them in the game because i know everything else about the game is gonna be fantastic. also pls let there be a choice to be 100% human if possible.

I only hate one thing from futuristic games and that is that there is no freaking old guns and stuff from past like A FREAKING 1911 PISTOL or A OLD PUMP ACTION/DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN that's the only thing i truly want from your game i really really would appreciate if you put them in the game because i know everything else about the game is gonna be fantastic. also pls let there be a choice to be 100% human if possible.

It's been confirmed that purist (100% human) builds are not an option. A minimum amount of cyberware will be required.

Okay, so I haven't scrolled through to see what everyone has posted yet, so these will almost certainly have been posted before. But whatevs.
Cyberware 'Personalization'. Everything (eg. the scanner in the 48 min vid) is red. Will there be 'settings' or something to change it to, oh lets say blue? Another quality of life thing would be apartment (or house, though those are likely to be rare in NC) customization and purchasing. At the start he says 'this is V's current apartment' so I got hopes.

Hi, I just noticed a skyship in the 48 min gameplay demo

skyship77.PNG

Anybody know what this is, is it in 2020?
Sry if it's really obvious had nowhere else to post it.w

25:53 in the gameplay demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom